Is obsessive lawn maintenance a European thing?

Approaching my middle aged years (currently 35-40), I’ve found myself more and more drawn to obsessive lawn care; examining the lawn and identifying the weeds, learning all about the different types of weeds, strategically selecting herbicides for them, sending soil samples away and developing a fertiliser plans and performing that, reseeding, scarifying, aerating, etc, etc.
I’m even looking at buying an expensive cylinder lawnmower such as the Swardman Edwin, Masport xxx RRR, Professional (SA brand) 20”
Is it possible that the driver for this is a miss directed European drive for agriculture? – No different to a lady owning cats in a misdirected drive to have children.

Attached: Well maintained lawn.jpg (1322x852, 667K)

Lawn fag...lol

lmao my lawn's literally a fucking jungle, why are ya'll so obsessed with this sort of thing?

Its pretty common in suburbs here in america

This is only a thing in places where people can afford to have lawns. So no, Europeans don't care about the lawns their tenenment apartments sit on

Yes it's a misdirected drive towards agriculture. God made us the stewards of the earth. Grow actual useful plants instead of useless grass.

No it's not you faggot. It's a drive to take pride in something you worked hard to acquire

>protip: Monster Zero
keeps ya going with out the calories

Not white

this
lawncare is cringe

OP don't let these apartment dwelling nigger sway you. Taking care of your shit and making it beautiful is based.

What kind of grass you working with nigger?

you need to go back redditnigger

>Is it possible that the driver for this is a miss directed European drive for agriculture?
Dead on. It's a substitute for tending a garden of food.

Im 34 and over the last several years I've been slowly dramn into the same position. I recently bought a $4k lawnmower and its fucking awesome.

Lol imagine being this poor in the greatest economy in history

Based

Weak b8 m8

>this poor
bruh i pay a truck of mexicans to cut mine

He’s competing with his boomer neighbors.

So you care about your lawn being cared for?

Are you a child, a poorfag, a nigger or all 3?

Attached: 1552265967374.jpg (800x450, 18K)

Imagine slaving yourself to a lawn lmao, that shit doesnt exist here

Yes, it is a “European” thing to be obsessed with lawns and gardens. I known i’m in a primarily Euro neighbourhood when lawns are immaculate and there are flower gardens everywhere versus a shitskin neighbourhood where everything looks unkempt, dirty and with dried out grass.

What, grass? It's useless. How fucking hard did you work to acquire some sod or seed? Do something that's actually worth some work and pride.

When you own nothing because youre a deadbeat spicnigger you have no pride in anything

you are clearly a lazy nigger.

I take a lot of pride in my lawn care routine

Attached: auslawn.jpg (340x255, 19K)

We are Chad Hunters, your gay agriculture pleb instincts have to you growin grass rofl

Why not just buy a sheep or something useful? That way you'll have a trimmed lawn and mutton too.

People are proud of the land that they "own".
The lots in my neighborhood are like 2 acres. We laugh at pathetic landlets.

nah most eurofags let their yards get overgrown

it's a leftover from 50's america to autisticly and pointlessly mow your lawn every week

Thrower down!

Attached: MILO.jpg (1080x1080, 297K)

Maybe, 5 of 8 are boomers, 1 are wogs (nothing but trouble) and the other 2 are my age white trash.

Lol found the nigger. Theres a middle class black neighborhood in Duncanville which is south of Dallas and the houses are all newer and 2 story etc, and the grass in every yard is 3 feet high. No joke. Its like god damn even when you fucks get decent gubbment jobs you cant even have nice stuff

Got to admit though, it is pretty sweet to get an early start and b washing down the mower by 9.

Not growing the grass you fucking retard. Cutting the grass

Ok Hank Hill

Yes I have considered doing that once/if I get a cylinder mower

Imagine the weekly "tragedy" if the builder had put in pools.

>he works for having LESS grass

holy shit, just get synthetic grass and call it a day

Holyshit my REAL grass looks like synthetic grass to retards like you.

i was once in a deep youtube pit
i found myself watching a video from a lawn care enthusiast
he was using words like "dominate" and "submit" when talking about how to trim your fucking grass to flex on your probably uncaring neighbors. it was the most boomer shit i've ever seen in my entire life

the search for perfection in all things is a european thing no matter where in the world you are.

Front yard Gardens > Lawns

>I going to waste hours of my week for having a marginally better grass

White people everyone

Better is better but why the fuck does it have to be grass?
>I spend tons of time to just throw it in the bin afterwards.

it's the equivalent to the guys that spend 4 hours washing and waxing their vehicles and like only using certain towels and buffers and wheel shine and shit.

Attached: best-car-wax-696x464.jpg (696x464, 44K)

Sometimes there is good reason to maintain a lawn
pic very much related

Attached: 2016-03-09_16-56-15_335.jpg (2592x1936, 1.32M)

I think there is some natural instinct to cultivate land, but it's also a guy thing; we want to take care of our homes.

Boomer, perhaps. But there's a sense in which this man isn't wrong. You see, in our current society, we all have the liberty to choose our lifestyles.

Along with this liberty, a rot. A rot of our collective soul. You see, the dogmatic assertion of our freedom has smothered our moral obligation to one another and to our collective destiny.

To groom yourself, to groom your lawn, to grind yourself smooth despite the temptation (and freedom!) to be anything less, is an act of violence and rebellion.

Keep those edges straight, user.

And that is exactly why white people are superior ladies and gentleman.

The garden is a metaphor for society.
The default is not flowers, but weeds.
The flowers are not native and must be carefully tended and cared for, or they will wither and die.
If the weeds are not controlled, they will overwhelm and kill the flowers.
Then weeds will take over the garden.
This is the truth.

Seed wildflowers dude, it's beautiful, and the bees and butterflies will visit you. Much more satisfying than just a lawn

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Do something about your plantain, paspalum, and that creeping weed I haven't seen here problem. The lawn is obviously malnourished, and shading it with a spade doesn't help too.

>whitey mows the lawn while Tyrone fucks his wife making black babies

If you are superior, why are you dying? Maximun cope

Well said user.

This. Not my fault I own property and live in a temperate climate in the middle of a country with abundant rainfall and the most fertile soil on the planet. Fresh produce at the grocery store is cheap and good too.

>using pesticides for a useless crop
>using gasoline for a useless crop
>using what was once precious nature for a useless crop
>using your precious hours of life on a useless crop
obsessing over grass is terminally bluepilled
grow a garden and let the rest return to nature

Wouldn't marry a woman that stupid.
If somehow I did she'd be homeless in a second, and through my lawyers owe me serious sums of money.

It's a form of serious depression, not unlike hoarding or owning hundreds of cats.

I'm with you. My yard looks amazing and it doesn't require much upkeep.

I think lawns looks better with slightly taller grass. My city disagrees. I had to mow to avoid a fine

>giving money to Mexicans

Attached: IyaPan-Cover-Image-1-704x400.png (704x400, 234K)

Actually I also grow a garden, mostly agria potatoes, crown pumpkin, and red kumura (sweet potato), and the odd beans, silverbeet,
etc too

Just plant shorter grass, stupid cunts.

You think it grows to infinity if you don't chop it? BUY A SHORTER FUCKING PLANT

>having a nice lawn
>most of house is unusable because full of clutter
>so many cats that its a health hazard
one of these things not like the other

Its my driveway user - and two weeks after we moved in at that
Looks better now

Attached: 2018-03-12.jpg (2592x1456, 349K)

>Idiot knows nothing about lawn care.
Like society, the problem is constantly the weeds.

Nice

good
still, monoculture grass is a horrible use of land, please reconsider

You realise that those herbicides work by telling the plant to SPEED UP metabolism, thus weakening it to the point of death?

Putting that shit on your lawn is the most daft idea I could ever conceive. It's almost like you want something to weed.

>It's a drive to take pride in something you worked hard to acquire
By turning it into something useless and irrelevant.

Most kids would rather play in mud than well manicured grass.

There are many herbicides while ones like dicamba do work that way, most do not.

My problem is the fucking WEEDS. Sumac is a huge problem around here. if left unkempt it'll grow into a gigantic fuck you tree with tons of roots and a ton of thick branches in little under a year.

Not to mention kudzu. The state of georgia is spending alot of money every year on herbicides just to keep it from spreading further north, and they're losing the battle.

The entire southern US would look like a rain forest if it weren't for the massive deforestation to plant crops. It's humid and hot enough in the summer for many of those plants to thrive here.

Attached: jungle.jpg (1000x667, 1.31M)

If you care so much about your lawn you're probably a dumb faggot.

You've poster this exact same thread using the exact same picture at least four times in the past year.

Sage

I love the look of a good healthy lawn, but you can’t eat it. Turned most my back yard into garden. Nothing like burgers with fresh home grown tomatoes. Mmmm.

Learn to do it without herbicides.
At least make it interesting,desu.