Could someone explain to me what the strategy is with Trumps tariffs on Mexico?

Could someone explain to me what the strategy is with Trumps tariffs on Mexico?

If the tariffs actually work it seems like that would decrease economic opportunities in Mexico as well as the Mexican government’s ability to handle the migrant crisis.

In addition, the cartels have corrupted the government, so I’m not sure how the Mexican government could effectively handle the migrant crisis to begin with. Mexico seems incapable of meeting Trumps demand, so why make the demand?

Am I wrong on anything here? If so, I’m open to changing my mind. That’s why I’m asking after all.

Attached: 29C7A161-CDE1-4FEE-BCC6-3BE280498636.jpg (1500x901, 58K)

Trumps demands seemed quite vague too. It almost seems like he wants to move the goalpost

Trump needs something to distract from the highest immigration numbers in years.

Attached: LMAOTrumpWall.jpg (719x513, 161K)

Thing is, that really wasn’t his fault. It’s pretty easy to just explain “Cartel violence recently got worse in Central America, but there’s no reason the migrants shouldn’t just settle in Mexico”. That would make sense.

>concern trolling
You should have went to orientation, OP.

I’m not even concerned. I just want to be informed and i genuinely don’t get this strategy. Perhaps I’m wrong and Trump can actually get a meaningful concession that Mexico is capable of giving.

Tell me why I’m wrong. I want to know!

>Am I wrong on anything here?
nope.
Even Lighthighzer agrees with you.
timelime:
>2016: Trump wins election thanks to 85 IQ legal mutts that believe Mexico is the problem
>2018: Mexico gets a new president with 85% approval
>2018: Catholic church starts sending centralamerican caravans
>2019: Trumps wants to get re-elected in 2020 and starts blaming Mexico again.
This time our president, LMAO, has warned Trump that if he keeps bullying him, he won't win the 2020 re-election. Obrador's speeches since last week are now directed toward the American population.

Trump is just a puppet for the kikes that are making all the decisions.

thats kind of the whole point.... stop being idiots.... secure your fucking border... or you can fucking rot

Mexico having the upper hand against the US president. Interesting times.

Ay caramba cope harder green go.

I'll make a deal with Mexico.

We'll take your beaners but you gotta take our niggers. Bueno?

i think mexico could completely take over the border area if they wanted to. america clearly gives no fucks and will under no circumstances confront mexico.

user. It really sucks when I’m going to my Taco Bell drive thru and literally seus heads are climbing over this shitty fence about 500ft away, immediately coming to my car and asking for money and help. Also if they approach you. You cannot help them so it’s a felony. Their are stories already popping up of people hiding aliens or housing them not knowing it’s a crime.

when you talk about building a wall people want to get in..lots of times opposites attract like that..
Maybe Trump knows that an influx of cheap labor is necessary now as he missed to sign ttip

I’m not sure the Mexican government could take over much of anything easily until they get a handle on the cartels and corruption.

I honestly think it would be in America’s best interest to help them out with that. It means there’s less reasons for Mexicans to come here

Higher immigration numbers are caused by a booming economy. Always have been.
>Lets leave this shithole where we can't even find a job and go to this other shithole where there are no jobs!
Even Paco understands that this is retarded.

It’s more about relative economic strength. If the tariffs hit Mexico harder than the US, both economies will suffer, but the US will still look like the better option

Do you really expect me to believe that those poor and not very well educated people of Mexico (and further south) really give a shit about tariffs? They don't know what they are. What they see is
>I can find a job.
>I can get away from the cartels.
>I can get away from my corrupt government, instead of having balls and standing up to it.
You're giving Juan far too much credit.

>I can find a job.
>I can get away from the cartels.
>I can get away from my corrupt government, instead of having balls and standing up to it.

All of makes the US look like the better relative option. I don’t see where you actually disagree with me

every country is going nationalist.
This is the beginning of the end of globalization

Attached: 61620945_1567210883415839_243140246110208000_n.jpg (540x960, 47K)

>If the tariffs actually work it seems like that would decrease economic opportunities in Mexico

GOOD!!!

Fuck mexico and fuck mexicans, they have been taking advantage of us for too long.

Which will cause more of them to come here.

The entire shit argument about assisting them was they would stop invading us, welll that did not fucking happen.

They are still invading us.

Trump is threatening Mexico to fix US problems.

I mean this is just basic shit ...

If you’re on the border with a nation that’s economically worse off ... the economically worse off people will want to migrate.

You could militarize the shit out of the border, but that costs money too. Might be cheaper though.

Fuck Mexico, and fuck you loser fucking beaners!

>muh reddit excuse
go back to r/the_donald, this isn't a trump hugbox

Trump wants to punish Mexico for not controlling it's Southern border. The USA wants to pass the responsibility of keeping central Americans away to Mexico. The problem is if the Mexican economy takes a hit, this might cause a bigger immigration problem because now many more Mexicans (along with central Americans) would be trying to get to the USA.

I think the USA from the get go should cut the middle man out and put pressure on Central American nations to deal with their gang problem.

the real move would have been to put a tax on remittance heading from america to mexico since that hurts illegals and mexico instead of tarriffs which only hurts mexicans but not illegals who left mexico anyway

>Mexico for not controlling it's Southern border

Guess why.

Attached: Frontera_guatemala_mexico.jpg (1280x960, 285K)

I think spic like you should be fucking removed.

You can have them Tyler.

>strategy is with Trumps tariffs on Mexico?
There isnt any he needs somthing to look good(campaign starts 18 june) and tough because no wall lmao he will put the taiffs tho you can bet on that

how in any way did he imply he was a spic for poking at trump's shitty plan?

The US govt is pulling out of the global order. Every country is eventually going to get tarriffed

The US is going full isolationist because 1) It can and 2) we are energy independent now

It's going to be long bumpy ride, but rest assured the Pentagon and the JCOS know what they are doing

it would work they would use bitcoin or something else and your are dumb this is so he can say he tried

At least try to prove me wrong lol

There is no strategy

He is going to pull back on the tariffs right when he announces his re-election campaign. He will try to get out of it that way.

Attached: 1453329600637.jpg (859x1024, 91K)

This. Highest ILLEGAL immigration ever. Plenty of time to build a wall or fence or anything..zilch. He can't take responsibility so he's trying to shift the blame onto Mexico.

>we are energy independent now
>muh Saudi Arabia

Attached: 1454278078452.jpg (257x284, 60K)

You still don't get it, do you?

Trump woke up one day butthurt with Mexico. That's all there is to it.

if trump crashes the mexican economy, there wouldn't be hundreds of thousands crossing the border but millions. he could only wish there were just a few hundred thousand a month

also reminder there's no worse insult to anyone that calling them mexican. even mexicans get extremely salty.

Only Israel can do that.

Attached: Happy-Merchant.png (1027x1200, 510K)

Problem is, LMAO is as much of a kike puppet as Trump, not to mention he's also a complete tool.
Not gonna happen, federal administration's primary concern is virtue signaling, not doing actual politics.

There's not enough zoos here to get so much gorillas.

Send all niggers to Chapultepec.

oil and energy is a global commodity which means that our prices are still stuck to sandniggers, not to mention that america exports oil too.

to mexico no less theres a new pipeline from texas thats gonnna get 110% taxed once drumpfy starts the tariffs

As far as I understand the US still imports lots of oil, because there are different kinds of oil, which the US does not have in sufficient numbers.

shut up! stupid mutt and fuck you too, nigger

Tax remittances to Mexico at 50%. Watch the flood stop immediately.

They’ll just use crypto then

He shows the spic "you will never stop us from invading you" mindset.