Scripture Reading and Reflection

GOSPEL - John 14:27-15:7
The Lord said to his disciples, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. 28 You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I am coming to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you this before it occurs, so that when it does occur, you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me; 31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us be on our way.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinegrower. 2 He removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit. 3 You have already been cleansed by the word that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. 6 Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. 7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Attached: pantokrator.jpg (317x500, 76K)

Glory to Jesus Christ!

A human being today feels the need to belong to a community that holds the same values regarding family, culture, nation, language, profession, vocation. And in spite of all the technological possibilities for social communication, we all still seek authentic personal contact with another person. The most precious moment in life is when one person says to another: “I am yours” or “you are mine.” In that moment, a person knows that he or she “belongs” to someone and is part of a special relationship.

When we think about God, we come to understand that special relationship that exists between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit because such a relationship has parallels in our human experience. In God, everything is common – will, reason, life: “everything of mine is yours and everything of yours is mine” (Jn 17:10). A person who does not know God thinks that God lives His own separate life, and that there is no reason for Him to interfere in my life nor for me to interfere in His. But the kontakion for the feast of the Ascension helps us understand that we are invited to share in God’s life: “in no way distant, but remaining inseparable, You cried to those who love You: I am with You and there is none against you.” In a special way, God is present to us in the Most Holy Eucharist: “Take, eat: this is my body… Drink of it all of you, this is my blood of the New Covenant…” (Mt 26:26–28). Christ today says to us: “I am yours and you are mine,” and a person responds: “I am Yours and You are mine.”

OP screwed it up again.

>" Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." John 14:28 (King James Bible)

The perversion s/he quoted from leaves out "because I said".

Deleting words from the Bible is a serious sin as it says in the same chapter:

>" Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me." John 14:23-24 (King James Bible)

Also see:

>" And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." Revelation 22:19 (King James Bible)

no one reads KJV. It's hard to understands.

If anything, Christianity and Catholicism are preventing the outright extinguishment of sin.

I do not forgive the molester. blood, an inanimate liquid is incapable of cleansing your sin. don't drink the wine or eat the bread. enter not the Kingdom of Heaven 'through' a man's body.

Wrong. Not hard to understand:
>"If a man love me, he will keep my words"

You also are plagiarizing - somebody else wrote that reflection - apparently it is from the meditations of the Kyivan Church for the Sunday before Christmas. Be honest next time and give citations.

Jesus wasn't even a real person, you Jewish cocksucker

>pic related

Attached: jesus.jpg (333x499, 28K)

Mistranslations of mistranslations of mistranslations. Oh, to be a filthy sandnigger speaking Aramaic in the bronze age, what wonders I could fabricate.

You can read the same passage between 3 different versions and get 3 different interpretations of the word.

A RAM A IC

"Turn the other cheek" = "If a nigger/paki rapes your daughter give him your wife as well."

you should forgive "... as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

Youre afat kike , neck yourself

Nope not what it means, you're a kike . Get rekt.

>>Youre afat kike , neck yourself
>Literally sucks on Jewish cocks
>Accuses everyone else of being Jewish

>if you twist the words to mean the exact opposite, that's what it really means
That's the most Jewish rhetorical trick in the book, only behind saying there isn't a book in the first place.

The passage s/he quoted deletes words. The "words" matter. You can't delete words from the Bible, it's a sin. Yet that's what modern versions do. The King James Bible has all the words - it's a real Bible.

Attached: 1529098987739.jpg (878x336, 67K)

That passage actually says:
>" And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." Matthew 6:12

based

Attached: 6A787ABB-3A79-4824-9670-3E816CB2E294.png (800x770, 931K)

>You can't delete words from the Bible,
Oh, so it's ok to add words to the bible, but not to remove them?

Makes perfect sense, user