Anons we are close to greatness

So we need this lootbox bill to pass.
It will force lootboxes to be removed so gaming can be great again.
If this happens SJW will be fired from their jobs for real talent since video games will become one and done.
If SJW get fired then journos will get fucked over and they will go down.
So far everything is going well but we need to talk about this so it has a bigger chance of getting passed.

Attached: lootboxbill.png (555x603, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hawley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/2019-05/Loot-Box-Bill-Text.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=O5LW511_ngU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Holy shit. Wait, is this real? Make it pass. I am sick of this loot box crap. It's literally a kike invention

Link to the full text please and thanks faggot.

Attached: PicsArt_06-01-07.43.57.jpg (1440x1637, 313K)

hawley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/2019-05/Loot-Box-Bill-Text.pdf

fuck off retard. Government in gaming is a bad thing and lootboxes are fucking great. A few rich faggots end up paying for all of the new, free content for the rest of us.

>If this happens SJW will be fired from their jobs
No, they won't.
>video games will become one and done
No, they won't retard. Outlawing lootboxes does not change basic profit incentives and economics. The most likely outcome will be every game will now be a "subscription service". Congrats, now we all have to pay instead of just the rich kiddies who want new cosmetics.
>journos
again, no. That's not how any of this works.

>i'm sick of lootbox crap
then don't buy them dipshit, it's optional.
>inb4 but you NEED to buy them for my game
Then you are playing ass games, stop that.
>memeflag
not surprising at all

Attached: CgyjJi3.jpg (1838x2048, 157K)

Loot boxes are half the problem. The other half is EA, Jews, SJW’s, feminists, women, and homosexuals.

To add to my post. Legislating shit like this is the retard way to fix it. If it’s shit then the market will tell the developers how shit their game is.

you are ruining gaming with your shit logic.

>needing the government to regulate vidya
What a faggot

You forgot niggers. Apes have no place in human entertainment.

Can't wait to smash in your traitorous libcuck skulls in.

Also, this is only going to stop random loot boxes where the user doesn't know what they're buying, not selling add-on content in general.

the actual problem is the people that spend thousuands on loot boxes. There's no reason to make your game good, if you can make it barely ok and sell loot boxes.

Damn it

I actually didn't want to use memeflag, faggot. Didn't see it was on reps.

>then don't buy them dipshit, it's optional.
>Then you are playing ass games, stop that.
lmao. That's not even an argument. There are games who are hella good, but were bought from kikery companies and made a loot box system out of it. I could count a few games that are pretty good, but were ruined when companies bought them and turned it into loot box crap.

MAKE VIDEO GAMES GREAT AGAIN

Nice argument bruh, real convincing stuff.

Lootboxes are the best option, period. Of course they are "bad", which is why I never buy them. Only retards and rich people buy lootboxes, so they are the ones funding our games & their expanding content. If you get rid of lootboxes (via this bill), those game companies aren't just all going to accept MAJOR losses. So the question is, how will they make up for the lootbox revenue. The answer is simple, subscriptions. Every player will now be forced to shell out money every single month all because people like you couldn't think ahead.

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>no argument
>memeflag
>doesn't know how IDs work
kek, great stuff

Poor people should be considered the lowest caste of gamers. They should be like dogs that beg for scraps that fall of the whale, master-race table. If you don't have the resources to truly support the game you play, then you should be seen (and treated) as a beggar in that gsme.

finally, somebody with a working brain.

This, they have it halo 5 and ive only used the in game points to get them

Here's your (You)

Attached: 1556236990201.jpg (212x231, 15K)

Actually this might make a nice pasta

>it's optional
Children can't understand this concept, as Hawley notes. Doesn't help that parents are fucking retarded.

> That's not even an argument.
Yes it is. You people are literally the reason lootboxes exist, I have NEVER bought a fucking lootbox with real money. Now you fucking geniuses think that a bill banning them will solve this problem? Are you fucking retarded? Let me try AGAIN to break this down

step 1) lootbox ban goes into effect
step 2) game companies lose money
step 3) game companies enact some new bullshit to make their money back, and this time it's not exclusively sucking the money from retards and rich kids (aka subscriptions)

Congrats, now we're all paying instead of just retards. Thank god you passed that bill lad.

It's already a streaming service you stupid fuck, why do you think you need constant internet connection.. fucking lootbox kike

Attached: 1557522737423.jpg (396x432, 104K)

>Government in gaming is a bad thing
Yes
>and lootboxes are fucking great.
No

Loot boxes are terrible but I just don’t waste my money with games that do that. Pay to win isn’t fun. But I don’t need the government telling me what games to play

This, drive the Jews out of gaming. Duck loot boxes.

>t. EA faggot shitting his pants in terror

>don't buy them
That has never worked.

Then big companies shouldn't exist. They will always shit down a game so they can make the adsolute most profit from it. Look at anthem, the fucking game isn't finished but they already want to give up on it, fucking everyone who already bought the game.
Fucking greedy nigger kikes, fucking up all of the businesses for money

Attached: 1557876142205.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

No more of your jewish laws and regulations. Fuck off kikes!

Does this include card packs? I mean, technically they're describing them as well.

>just don't buy it bro
The majority of randoms refusing to buy them has no effect on whether or not companies continue to include them in games. They include them because there is a small minority of players that spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on them, which reliably creates a source of income at times more significant than the price of base random game purchases themselves. The companies don't give a fuck about your boycott, it has absolutely no effect, because you're not who they're marketing to. They want richfags and 12 year olds with mommy's credit card, and those two things will always exist.

>it's optional

Attached: 15673453452.gif (360x202, 1.58M)

I’m all for ending loot boxes but I don’t see how it’s going to improve games. AAA studios have long since discovered that they can continuously repackaged the same crap and morons will keep preordering it.

If you really want to end bad games, drop the brand loyalty and never preorder a game again. And don’t buy dlcs if the base game is a buggy pos.

Reality objectively proves you wrong, faggot
>muh market will fix it! Muh capitalism!
Where has your sacred market place been? The jews have perverted your temple, capcuck

Nigger, I'm saying that to make up for lost lootbox sales, EACH GAME will now have a monthly fee to play (think Warcraft).

Lootboxes are the best OPTION we have. Like I said, I would never buy a lootbox. Only retards and rich people buy them, meaning that new content is funded by them, In that context, lootboxes are "great", but in no way am I saying that lootboxes are "of good quality" or w/e you're implying.

they won't because rich families that want a passive population buy a few thousand lootboxes a day to support hyped free games just that billions of kids can play 8 hours a day fortnite for free.

This. But no one really has a problem buying add ons, so long as it's reasonable. But random loot boxes are cancer.

Who cares? Video games are for dweebs

You won't get through his thick kike skull. This dumbass has a downright ignorant weakness, like most SJWs. I've already explained to him that there ARE/WERE good games BEFORE they had a lootbox system that, after being bought by kikery companies, have installed a Lootbox system, forcing everyone to buy the crap because it's trendy. It can't go on like this and this Bill could at least mitigate it.

>the problem isn't the conman, it's the people who ralk for the con.
Get gassed, jew.

Nope, just a non retard who knows where this short-sightedness will lead us.

You cannot change profit incentives. Gaming companies will get their money, if not through loot boxes then through subscriptions. Just fucking think, please.

Yes it has "worked" because YOU have never had to pay for new content now. If you're saying it hasn't worked because they still exist, then you are also wrong, because they only persist because SOMEONE is buying them.

If you want to pay for a skin, that's on you, but the transaction should be transparent, not based on gambling. Me personally, I just pirate everything and refuse to play any free games where you can buy add-ons that aren't purely cosmetic.

Seething

Even paying for skins is retarded though. Especially on PC gaming. There is a rich history of mods and user-created skins.

do you think subscriptions wouldn't just lead to more people boycotting their games?

cosmetic items should be rare loot boxes make games retarded because everyone has stupid skins

>Then big companies shouldn't exist.
But they do, so this is irrelevant.

> They will always shit down a game so they can make the adsolute most profit from it.
And lootboxes help ease that problem. Instead of cutting costs on development, they can just suck up money from rich kiddies who will pay top dollar to have shiny guns or w/e.

I don't get how else to explain this, I feel i've been quite clear. You cannot "outlaw" lootboxes and expect the companies to take this lying down. They WILL get their money somehow, and I can't think of any system better than the current one (sucking money from retards via lootboxes)

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

>government approved and regulated video games
is this the road to germany style "no swastikas allowed" tier laws?

>you never had to pay for new content
The fuck planet you living on? every game out there with loot boxes is charging you for new content.

>If you want to pay for a skin, that's on you, but the transaction should be transparent, not based on gambling.
this. it's not the concept of paying for in-game content I have an issue with, it's the fact that you only pay for the chance to achieve in-game content. God forbid games let you buy items outright or have player marketplaces for their content, gotta wring out all the money we can by charging people for a .2% chance of getting a turbo sperg tier skin

Then we go into the streets and test our shooting abilities for real.

>The majority of randoms refusing to buy them has no effect on whether or not companies continue to include them in games.
So what? If you don't buy them, then you don't pay extra. The existence of lootboxes does not "hurt" anyone who does not participate in them.

>They include them because there is a small minority of players that spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on them, which reliably creates a source of income at times more significant than the price of base random game purchases themselves.
That is my EXACT point mate. Retards pay thousands for extra cosmetics and we all get better games for it. This is the best possible system.

Under loot boxes: Game A
Retards/rich kiddies = pay thousands
The rest of us = pay $60 (base price)

If loot boxes are banned: Game A
Everyone = pays $60 (base) + $20 per month

Please explain to me why I (a non retard, non rich kid) would want to ban lootboxes?

Attached: z29hxt1enwl11.jpg (320x320, 16K)

what specific examples of non-f2p games do you have that you feel were enhanced by the presence and implementation of loot boxes?

It literally is tho. Please explain how Timmy paying an extra $500 on weapons skins for Rainbow Six Seige is my problem?

Attached: IQ.png (740x821, 590K)

not an argument memeflag

I abandoned mainstream gaming altogether.
I basically play just community-made content for older games now.
youtube.com/watch?v=O5LW511_ngU

user, everything in life is optional except death and taxes

the question is if it's gambling

Hilarious how nerds are masturbating about shit like this. How about you cucks learn some fucking self-control instead?

There is no problem if Timmy is paying for specific weapons skins. However, if Timmy is gambling money on imaginary items with merely the chance to acquire a specific weapons skin, then it becomes a problem, because Timmy is an addict and/or being defrauded by kikes.

Death and taxes are optional as well, I assure you.

Agreed.

Not really, because most gamers don't have the willpower to not buy whatever new shit comes out. Sure, some will boycott, but most will impotently grumble and groan, and in the end they will shovel out the extra money and get used to it.

Lootboxes are optional and selective, subscriptions are mandatory and all-encompassing. The choice is obvious.

>lootboxes are the best option we have
How long have you been gaming? 5 years? I can't imagine any more than that if you think lootboxes are the best option, or even a requirement. Back in the day companies made things called "expansion packs" believe it or not. They "expanded" on the content provided in the base game, they didn't randomize rewards/content from that base game and call it new content when they shoved some new lootbox rewards in your face. They made entirely new content and sold that with a price tag of normally half the price of the original game. So such a system required companies to create good content in order to sell, which in return encouraged developers to not make shit games based entirely around lootboxing, not to splice things up into tiny little pieces for randomized consumption. That is a how things used to be, and it was fine. Even monthly payments were fine, because you knew exactly what you were getting. If you want better solutions than lootboxes, for increasing game quality and encouraging new content, they already existed. They just didn't bring in as much money for the big greedy corps like EA, which is what you are defending and advocating for, nothing more nothing less.

this would certainly help to de-kike the industry, so I'm behind it.

A good game with subscriptions will survive. Bad ones will fail.

Bad games with lootboxes survive on whales.

with the decline of subscriptions in MMOs resulting in basically only a few being able to maintain this I could not ever see them reasonably coming back. people are not going to respond kindly if they're told you're going to have to start paying more money for more of your games, and it's just going to incentivize people to take the high road and capitalize on disenfranchised gamers by advertising "we don't charge a subscription fee, come play our game!" this especially goes for console players who are the most targeted by large publishers. they'll not only be forced to pay a fee to play online but to play specific games. I do not see a future where this doesn't fail almost immediately.

Attached: 1556080537661.jpg (640x640, 105K)

>Implying he was samefagging and not just retarded double posting.

Rainbow 6 Siege.
Game is 4 years old, new maps, patches & operators come out every season, and I don't have to pay a fucking dime because there are a bunch of rich kiddies and/or retards who pay for shiny guns and "alpha packs" (what they call lootboxes in-game). Furthermore, all of the add-ons are purely cosmetic, so there are no "advantages" being sold. It's the perfect example of lootboxes done exactly right.
Content for everyone, a bill for retards.

Attached: images.jpg (284x177, 11K)

The law is just because loot boxes are a predatory practice, targeting underage gamers with psychological tactics.
I know
>muh free market
But if there were any gamer advocacy/watchdog groups (there aren’t besides a handful of censored you tubers) they’d band together and lobby for this as well.
Also, games fucking suck dick these days, there should be a law that instead of buying the same game over and over every time a new format comes out, games (and media in general) should be a lifetime license applicable in all future iterations.
How many fucking times do I have to pay Nintendo for mario 3, or buy the white album?

>The existence of lootboxes does not "hurt" anyone who does not participate in them.
Except it literally does.
Thing that back in the ps1 era would have been part of the game are now locked behind a paywall and gameplay is altered to encourage spending.

Why should I care if it's gambling?

Then Timmy's parents need to learn their lesson and stop giving their kid the family credit card. Outlawing lootboxes is not going to save Timmy's family from their eventual poverty because they are simply too stupid to keep their child from spending their money.

For a company to keep making games, it has to keep making money.
If a company makes good games, lots of people buy them, and they keep making good games.
If a company makes shit games, nobody buys them, and they go bust.
Now, what would happen if the company had optional purchases such as loot boxes, which are designed to prey on gambling instincts? It'll have a steady source of income even if the game isn't that good. And it'll keep pumping out shit games since they make money anyway.
Now, can you guess what happens when the vast majority of companies (and not just the odd one out) behave like this?
Shit games beget shit games.

Mind you, this is obviously an oversimplification, but it's true roughly speaking.

I am assuming he is talking about cosmetic only loot boxes, things that don't impact gameplay. If he meant the contrary (as you assumed), he's not only wrong but also retarded.
You are however entirely right about games being designed to promote spending, which inherently reduces a game's quality.

To add, this would disincentivise the bullshit, day 1 patches, season pass bullshit, the purchase of a “license” is the assumed COMPLETED WORK, not some half assed bullshit intended to be fixed by modders. Looking at YOU Todd!

I get my "expansion packs" for free thanks to retards who buy lootboxes. This system works better for me.

>hurr ur defending EA
not at all, I am simply being realistic while you are not. Things will not simply revert to the pre-lootbox era if they are outlawed.

Attached: 49722719_232974270942134_568416996031175853_n.jpg (750x750, 84K)

Look you gormless fuckwit, lootboxes encourage publishers to fuck with good games and turn franchises to shit.
Fuck you and your corporate masters.

Attached: 1532797076850.png (1377x1539, 109K)

that's one example. do you have more?

>Also, games fucking suck dick these days, there should be a law that instead of buying the same game over and over every time a new format comes out, games (and media in general) should be a lifetime license applicable in all future iterations.
Pretty much 95% of all games are made using the Unity engine.

>A good game with subscriptions will survive. Bad ones will fail.
Then they can do that now
>Bad games with lootboxes survive on whales.
why should I care? Furthermore, you've conveniently left out what happens to good games with lootboxes. They thrive on whales and everyone else gets a free ride into content-ville

>Then Timmy's parents need to learn their lesson and stop giving their kid the family credit card. Outlawing lootboxes is not going to save Timmy's family from their eventual poverty because they are simply too stupid to keep their child from spending their money.
Arrest the purveyors promoting illegal gambling to minors than if you refuse to be reasonable.

If subscriptions don't work, they will just do something else or the quality of games will just decrease. Can you think of any system that would be better than lootboxes sucking money from retards? I can't.

>Nigger, I'm saying that to make up for lost lootbox sales, EACH GAME will now have a monthly fee to play (think Warcraft).
Can you imagine literally believing this?
Fucking zoomers these days.

if the quality of games decreases people eventually stop buying them, or buy them less and less and opt for other games that are of higher quality. all you're telling me is that companies will have to have developers that understand how to work in the confines of a budget and be able to produce a quality product that people enjoy enough to continue purchasing their games. "they'll just think of something else" is not a valid argument against this bill, which isn't even a wholesale ban of loot boxes in the first place.

>The existence of lootboxes does not "hurt" anyone who does not participate in them.
The existence of lootboxes entails a game created around the practice of lootboxing, not around the quality of gameplay or the replayability of the product. Instead of focusing on those previously important things, the developers and corporate instead focus on how best to gatekeep content from individuals who don't pay exorbitant sums of money, and then offer the acquisition of that content based on randomization and gambling. That is a harmful practice, particularly when it's aimed at children.

>That is my EXACT point mate. Retards pay thousands for extra cosmetics and we all get better games for it. This is the best possible system.
If you think extra cosmetics are actual content, then I feel bad for you, as your gaming experience seems to completely insulated by the lootbox system. The provision of more shit to use as randomized rewards in lootboxes is not content in any true sense, it's lootbox fuel, and is likewise gatekept by randomization, aka. gambling.

Attached: 1557845376984.jpg (587x1024, 88K)

Extra cosmetics for lootboxes aren't "expansion packs" you dumb fuck, and neither is the continued upkeep of an online game for prolonged periods, that's simply upkeep for the originally purchased product. The "new" content isn't provided to you for "free" in any sense of the word, it's behind a paywall of money and lootbox randomization like everything else.

I give up, go ahead and ban them. Don't be surprised when nothing good comes from this.

Attached: 7ba.png (500x320, 126K)

you do understand it's not the children, but the parents paying the lootboxes ?

I'll be thinking of you when devs are forced to make properly engaging products instead of just hinging on dopamine feedback loops you pay $5 for

Attached: 1558913675893.gif (220x220, 17K)

it's not "continued upkeep" they add new maps, and operators every season.

Attached: r6s-2017roadmap.jpg (1620x1025, 114K)

People like you are why the kikes are ‘allowed’ to rape this planet. KYS, do a flip, and die. Faggot.

yeah but the one your shooting at bought the spec ops box

your cheap ass bought the Moist Nugget box

Fuck you

I have a Mosin Nagant and a Kabar and that's all I need faggot. Your money won't save your life IRL.

You sound like one of those idiots who was running around screaming about net neutrality a year ago, how the internet was over, oblivious as to how things used to work before the last half-decade and modern inclusions. Games have existed longer with subscription and non-lootbox practices than they have with. Don't be surprised when nothing bad comes from banning lootboxes, and companies are once again encouraged to make good games, not slot machines for pixel-ass waifu-cosmetics.

so if the child opts in, the parent is not obliged to step up

Getting rid of looboxes isnt going to cause mass layoffs retard. I work in this industry not all of us are degenerates.

Lol