ABORTION: "A heart beat is not a Soul"

Finally, someone is talking sense.

>"I think what the right has managed to do is somehow conflate a heartbeat with a soul or with personhood..."

>"I can tell you about a single heart cell, a myocardial cell, in a petri dish in a lab at the University of Washington that will beat..."

>"All this is evidence of electrical activity which happens in a myocardial cell...."

>Democratic Rep. Kim Schrier (Wash.) said Tuesday that conservatives mistakenly have conflated a heartbeat with personhood in passing "heartbeat" abortion bills aimed at restricting the procedure.
thehill.com/hilltv/rising/446862-democratic-rep-says-conservatives-have-conflated-a-heartbeat-with-a-soul-in

Reminder:
>Unborn babies are not "souls" until the 6th month
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/213645110/

Attached: 1555402202626.jpg (640x360, 52K)

Attached: file.png (37x34, 3K)

>not a soul
>you can't be against abortion because because we are supposed to be secular
>but let me use a religious concept to tell you why you're wrong

This.

>a religious concept
Even ignorant pagans believe in souls.

>soul

Doesn't exist.

Humans with unique potential do.

Leftists and religious based conservatives are both retarded.

But I have to side with someone in this fucked up battle.

And the current leftists are detrimental to human evolution.

And what is paganism? Oh right, a religion. If you're an atheist and believe in evolution, then believing in the concept of a soul contradicts that.

"Proof" from the bible, lmao

fpbp

Literally no one is arguing that a heart cell in a petri dish is alive, but a collection of heart cells connected to a central nervous system and brain and a myriad of other organs is slightly different.

democrats have heart beats but no souls so killing them is fine.

>Her grandparents were Jewish immigrants from Europe who arrived in the U.S. prior to World War II
every fucking time

Why don't evolutionists think killing animals is murder then?

murder is a legal term. if you asked an evolutionist if killing an animal is killing he would agree.

Aristotle didn't need a bible to believe in "ensoulment."

>what race is it

>Finally, someone is talking sense.
>A single cell of cardiac muscle will contract in rhythm, as it's specialized to do and exactly why it's classified "cardiac" muscle
>Therefore, a human forming in the womb with a heart beat and which already resembles a human must not have a "soul," which my atheist ass doesn't believe in anyway. cut that "lump of cells" the fuck outta there!

>talking """""""sense"""""""

Attached: week_8.png (711x235, 67K)

democrats have heart beats but no souls so killing them is fine.

Evolution gives just as much a reason for why it's fine as Christianity. If everyone evolved, then humans are at the top. Why would believing in evolution mean you have to be a crazy vegan?

Do you shills brainstorm this shit out each morning in a meeting or something? Or is this you being lazy saying “oh I can use that in my pro-baby murder posts”? I legit want to know. And how much do you guys actually make? Please tell me you’re not exposing yourselves to this level of cancer for free.

Are you a shill? The old laws used "quickening" to determine when abortions were outlawed - it's reverting back to common sense.
We need to concentrate our effort on outlawing abortions during the final trimester when a real soul is present and the baby is a viable human.
Abortion is never good, but about 90% or more of the abortions occur during the first half of the pregnancy when there isn't even a human soul involved.

>pro-baby murder
What about these?

>St. Thomas Aquinas. Aristotle (On the History of Animals, 7, 3, 538b) taught that ensoulment occurred 40 days after conception for males and 90 days after conception for females. This teaching was taken up by Aquinas and was the dominant Catholic view for many generations. In fact, only in 1917 did the Code of Canon Law drop the term "fetus inanimatus."
>St.Augustine (On Exodus, 21, 80), who puts ensoulment much later than Aquinas, wrote that in the case of early abortion "there can be no talk of murder" since there was no soul present.
>St. Jerome (Epistles 121, 4) wrote that: " The seed gradually takes place in the uterus and it does not count as killing until the individual elements have aquired their external appearance and there limbs."
>St. Anselm of Canterbury claims that: "No human intellect accepts the view that an infant has a rational soul from the moment of conception." .