<1% of applicants get job offers

This shit is ridiculous. How is this a "roaring economy?"

Attached: Untitled.png (855x709, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

talent.works/2018/12/28/definitive-guide-science-of-the-job-search-2018-in-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

talent.works/2018/12/28/definitive-guide-science-of-the-job-search-2018-in-review/

TFW was neet. Got one in millions job.

>it can take 30+ days to get a job

Fact. I applied at over 30 airports and aviation businesses since the middle of March. I’ve heard back from three. All the others are still going through candidate selection processes. “Roaring economy” lmao gimme a break. I have friends with college degrees in kinesiology and one in accounting and they can’t even find jobs. Fuck Trump he failed us

What do you MEAN my Gender Studies degree doesn't qualify me for this $100k/year job?! No obviously I'll just keep applying to shit way out of my reach because I went to college so I deserve a high wage.

Don't be retarded, major in something good, and socialize

I have a four years in aviation management and a certification. I have friends that have BS in biology, kinesiology, marine biology, accounting, and business mgmt. None of us can find jobs in our fields and we’re all approaching 30.

Do you have anything from the 1700s?

That might be more of a reliable measure of 2019s job market..

Most applications for jobs are by people who dont have the correct qualifications.

It's less than a year ago....

we are at near 0% unemployment and have the best stock market in history

How is this at all surprising? It's easier than ever to spam resumes of course you're going to get rejected 99% of the time. 30 days from start of job hunt to hire is really good I've been unemployed from months to years during shitty job markets, this market is fantastic.

I've applied to nearly 500 entry level engineering jobs. Only 5 responded and out of those I got 4 interviews. Of those four I did all exceptionally well but received news that they selected someone else with more years experience over me.

He's just trying to be clever with his trite little post.

The economy is a video game invented by the Rothschilds to kill white people

"Spam" only accounts for a quarter of the applications according to this at least. The fact is people wouldn't need to spam if there weren't so few jobs relative to applicants.

this is what jews say when they want to import more third world labor. it's good we got this out of the way early in the thread.

Get fucked wagie.

The economy is "roaring" because Jews are making big bucks off of lax regulations. The only jobs being added are minimum wage.
It's not gender studies though, engineers, scientists, and dozens of other technical professions are getting absolutely fucked. A big reason why is Trump actually EXPANDED H1B visas.

it's true

the companies are desperate for workers

Wtf is this shit hahaha...
>apply for 6 gorillion jobs
>fully qualified for only 5 of them
>get 2 offers

So the success rate is 40%. Because fuck this shit, I can apply to a billion rocket science jobs, and get 0 offers. Fuck this thread, fuck op, fuck the author, fuck everyone ITT...

Kushner is that you? Does your buddy Moshe Goldstein need more Indians for his web design company?

Attached: 097updv7_400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

>Implying anybody needs to be fully qualified to do any of the jobs these companies want done.

I hate this shit so much. It usually doesn't matter if you know the content or not, you will learn it on the job over time. It only takes like 8 months before a complete novice can be at least competent.

> oh no, the unemployment rate is 0% we need more immigrants to boost the economy!
> oh no, the unemployment rate is 50% we need more immigrants to boost the economy!

The "qualifications" are obscene precisely because of so many applications. No one realistically meets these qualifications of having 10 years of experience in the field or something like that, but they're able to make "qualifications" like that because of the employer's market.

Keep telling yourself that. Should have gone for a sane degree, not gender studies.

>four years in aviation management
>BS in:
> biology,
>kinesiology,
>marine biology,
>accounting,
>business mgmt

>I should be able to hire on as management with zero real life experience...

They're all BS degrees
Ya shoulda' gone to a trade school if you want a job.

Keep telling yourself a STEM degree is any more marketable than gender studies. When these companies look at hundreds of applications they don't even look at the degree.

It has nothing to do with the state of the economy and more to do with the behaviour of people looking for jobs. First of all if you have lied on your CV about your skills or have presented mismatched skills to the job that's your fault. If you want to increase your chances that any specific application will make it to a job offer then you need to make sure you follow the graph in the OP. Make sure that you're qualified for what you're applying for, make sure that it's a "fully qualified" set of criteria and then you're down to a 1 in 5 choice.

The other fault that job seekers have is that they apply for 1-2 jobs at a time which are their perfect jobs. And then if that long process of taking 2-4 weeks to reject/accept applications ends in tears they have to start again from scratch. Where as smart people calculate that maybe 1 in 20 jobs you'll be accepted for, so apply for 20 jobs at a time.

What have you done to network? I have a friend who works in aviation. It's a tough industry to get started in. Also just because your chosen industry is tight on hiring, doesn't mean the larger job market isn't.

>kinesiology
Is it Applied Kenesiology? Cause that's considered pseudoscience. Either way its another tight field to break into unless you get more schooling in an advanced medical degree.
>accounting
this is an old field and is being hit by advances in accounting software that automates all kinds of stuff. My brother was in accounting at a fortune 10 and gave it up to run a B&B due to promotions being few and quite competitive.

I never in my life applied for a job, changed 3 companies in the last 5 years, always went for a higher/better paid position and better work/life balance. None of my engineering friends have issues finding jobs either... 85-100 USD per hour as a freelance .Net developer is as normal as buying buns at the bakery for all of us.

But yeah, you go girl!

This is very true. Treating any degree like a silver bullet is flawed. Networking and taking any opportunities to get experience in a field regardless of pay is the best course. The 1st job is always the toughest. My 1st tech job sucked balls, but it got me started..

>just meet the qualifications

Attached: Untitled.png (903x279, 21K)

When I was in America I landed in NY, went to a bar, asked the bartender if she knew anyone with work, introduced me to a guy and I literally started the next day. How hard is it?

If you cant get a job in this economy youre not trying!!! Maga!!

I thought zoomers where ghosting on their accepted job offers

>over 30 day's to here back
>in aviation
Who did you piss off? Seriously user, aviation is in desperate need of workers. Their so desperate they'll suck you off with you come on. Are we talking about being a lineman?

Attached: 1495577022702.png (800x800, 295K)

Anyone who writes software is a massive faggot
No matter how much money you make you always be the worst group of people in the world
Jow Forums is what IT workers are, fat, disgusting, backstabbing, lying sacks of useless shit

writing software is fuck easy
I hate everyone who’s a dev I hated working with you and will never again
Biggest faggots in the world
Worst people evar