The only choice left

the only choice left

Attached: 1551049084611.png (800x628, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nas.org/academic-questions/31/2/the_case_for_colonialism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know

Attached: 13A6D1A7-6E33-4278-B330-EF11A5A24965.jpg (1024x1024, 170K)

I'll do you one better. (More realistic atleast)

Attached: 722a88959014c99f9a09bd307606529c.jpg (640x808, 129K)

Is this supposed to be an oxygen layer on Venus, or Jupiter?

NM, its venus.

space isn't real
the earth is flat
you are choosing a delusion

I'm game. I don't have many physics skills; but I'm one hell of an aut/o/motive technician. I'll personally hand torque every single exterior panel if need be.

>More realistic
Building shit in Venus' atmosphere is no easier than in one of Earth's lagrange points. You have to bring everything there from Earth, the moon, or tow it in from the asteroid belt in both cases. Pulling material from the Venusian surface is not cost feasible, even compared to building shit off-world.

Aerospace Engineer and former SpaceXer reporting in. Venus at 50-70km has around 1 bar (earth) pressure and a temperature somewhere around 50c-70c (120-150 farenheight). The atmosphere, being CO2 acts like an ocean if your structures are filled with breathable air which acts like a lifting gas.

Sulpheric Acid: H2SO4, split the water off from the Sulphur and you have something to drink. Split the O2 from the Hydrogen (from the ridiculous amount of solar energy) you can power fuel cells and rockets to take you to orbit and back.

Where to get the materials? Well you can liberate the Carbon from the CO2 releasing Oxygen as a lifting and breathable gas and use the pure carbon to build graphene envelopes which can enclose your structure. Essentially you would be living inside a giant breathable gas bag but you would have a fuck ton of energy to work with which is always nice.

The rest of the shit you need can be done with heat and pressure resistant robots and sky wenches to pull up material.

Build these structures geometrically and with automation to get the effect of a continent sized raft which will cool the planet below over time.

Venus in many ways is way easier to terraform than Mars.

Attached: 1533167033001.jpg (1092x1052, 424K)

My name's Commander Shepard and I like lesbians on the Citadel.

>pure carbon structures enclosing an oxygen rich environment
Cost aside, that is incredibly dangerous

Yup. Let this rock become a Petri dish for us to study from above, as we build a Dyson swarm and reach out to the stars.

your mom's dildo?

Be a shame if someone were to drop your colony ship on Sidney.

Attached: 1413153878_preview_sieg_zeon___by_kzchan-d8wgfc9.jpg (941x850, 208K)

>former SpaceXer
Did you get fired for browsing Jow Forums?

>1 post by this id

>above ground structures
Losers, the real challenge is conquering the oceans and befriending the whales and creatures down there.

Attached: water.jpg (1200x846, 160K)

Nope I left to start my own freelance engineering firm. But I will say that many of my fellow employees were redpilled and familiar with the memetic shitlording that goes on in these parts.

This

based RAMA poster

>establish communication with whales and dolphins
>leftists teach them to demand gibs and whine about privilege

Graphene is structurally sound, if you induce a graphene oxide layer then there will be no reaction.

based UN nigger

Attached: 1558799561145.png (485x374, 233K)

We’re almost there

Attached: 5E6BDBB9-87CC-4F7A-A7E6-D2EE6589AD82.jpg (500x666, 59K)

I've been thinking about this: Even if we could do it, (((they))) wouldn't let us, we'd have to fight for our right to be left alone, even off of this fucking planet. Unless we made a break for a different solar system, white people making an ethnostate in the light of the sun using the earth's gravity would not be tolerated, we would have to be in deepspace. They would work to destroy and dismantle us, no matter what, using any means necessary; mainly by hindering it's beginning

>doesn’t know what really causes gravity
>but trust me cuz mug spacex

Correct.
But as long as people's souls are pulled down by Earth's gravity, this wont happen.

Attached: GoetzScheuermann-oneillcylinder-650.jpg (650x516, 95K)

Not big enough

>man and fish can peacefully co-exist

Whales are communicating with us but the kikes in command don't want to listen.

Attached: big brain.jpg (449x242, 101K)

Humanity is a cancer and will bring hell to whatever place they inhabit.

Stephen Hawking's anus?

All life is cancer, thats not a morally positive or negative thing.

Yeaaah. We can't exactly say "no Indians". But....nooo Indians...

>more realistic

Than a floating tin can in space?

I wonder, with advancing prosthetics, if we could give dolphins robotic arms. We could train them to do underwater tasks related to construction and maintenance

I'm only interested in modifying dolphins to have unstoppable cybernetic penises.

>muh reusable booster to get to mars

fuck off and die you spastic

um sweety how do I put this? uhm outer space isnt real lmao

every saturday night 8pm-10pm UK time there is a thread for mars and space on Jow Forums called /etm/, do you or did you used to post in it ? very early last year it was called /mig/ for a few months

SIEG ZEON

Hate to burst your bubble but the population of space colonies is going to be hand-picked super diverse and basically commie paradises.

There will eventually be actual nice space communities for the 0.1% but you won't ever set foot there. Think of the movie Elysium except you're the immigrants and not Matt Damon.

Attached: 1559353688533.png (1000x1000, 168K)

>hand-picked super diverse and basically commie paradises.

Attached: 1532101529944.png (480x720, 474K)

>150 Fahrenheit
wtf is wrong with you?

Attached: fuck.png (773x267, 156K)

Shut the fucking hell out
Muslim must be killed, they are as Corkroaches as kikes and nigger
Stop with you stupid propaganda

It will probably be overwhelmingly white even if the colonialists don't set a specifically racial immigration policy. Basically there won't be any black people or arabs. There will be some Indians chinks and jews. But mostly white. Although there is the possibility that every billionaire could potentially start a colony who's to say there won't be any ethnostates in the mix. Or that nonwhites won't essentially become white through choice and genetic engineering. Hell the PRCs colonies are guaranteed to be ethnostates albeit chinese not white.

read properly. he clearly states that's the temperature at around 50-70km above the surface

On the surface, yes, in the upper atmosphere, where the atmospheric pressure is ~1atm the temperatures are closer to earth temperatures, and the atmospheric composition are much closer to Earth's Nitrogen-Oxygen atmosphere (this is due to the weight of the gases that make up the majority of Venus' atmosphere being so much more than N or O

fuck you cluck. Get off your ass and start working out. Get some rope and b-b-b-b-b-ready faggot.

Yeah I kinda left the thread as soon as I made my post but what you're describing is pretty much exactly how I imagined it would go. I have also entertained the possibility originally proposed by von neuman where automated machines could be sent to mars which has a lot of iron ore/rust. The process of smelting the ore could be used to produce more machines but also separate iron oxide gets you oxygen aswell and could be used to make inhabitable bio domes. Venus and flying cities are cooler though and terraforming venus is ultimately more rewarding.

>this is average reading comprehension on Jow Forums

Correct. but identifying that the long-run survival of humanity requires the sustainable colonization of space only gets us so far. it may be the case that in order to maximize the probability that humanity gets into space, we need to focus on lower-level instrumental goals. perhaps getting into space sustainable will take so long that we need to make sure other existential risks like asteroids or AI or pandemic disease don't obliterate us first. perhaps the best way to achieve sustainable space colonization is to focus on global economic development, so that we can get more rich, smart, thriving people to work on developing the advanced technologies and ideas required. at the very least we can say that more technology and industrial innovation is absolutely essential to humanity's future.

Attached: 1550644034087.jpg (630x847, 61K)

Imagine being the window cleaner

>perhaps the best way to achieve sustainable space colonization is to focus on global economic development

lol. what exactly does that mean.

I'm sure he thinks it means giving Africa billions every year, but what it really means is killing all the niggers and implementing IQ based eugenics.

This is the truth. We have to settle space.

so what? u have to build structures on the surface u retard! put 2 and 2 together next time memeflagfag

Seasteading the oceans is part of settling space.

Attached: seastead.jpg (271x350, 106K)

To do that, you'd have to overthrow the Jews. And if you've done that, you can now live on earth

>ethnostate
implying we are still 'human' even partway through settlement.
Absolutely love the moving sunspot. That would save all sorts of complexity in not having typical O'Neill Cylinder mirrors.

We're never getting off this rock. We're wasting all our time, money and energy on stupid bullshit here, placating millions of stupid, worthless people in the name of playing fair. Humans get in their own way- we've evolved to the point where our sense of duty to the weak and incompetent is stronger than our sense of duty to the species. The sun will roast the planet before we ever relocate. We're fucked

too obvious

Attached: 1559268735067.png (474x345, 138K)

>We're never getting off this continent. We're wasting all our time, money and energy on stupid bullshit here, placating thousands of stupid, worthless peasants in the name of playing fair. Humans get in their own way- the LORD made our sense of duty to the weak and incompetent stronger than our sense of destiny. Hell will rise up before we cross this sea. We're fucked
This is you 550 years ago.

Yeah I assumed as much but if you interpret what he said to mean this:
nas.org/academic-questions/31/2/the_case_for_colonialism
Then he wouldn't be wrong. We could have already settled the stars if it wasn't ww2. Or just imagine if germany hadn't invaded Belgium in ww1 and france stayed out of the war and they were able to conquer russia/annex it and utilize russia's resources.

Czecked and kekked. Based pajeet

Yeah by the time we have that kind of technology there won’t be any white people left, hate to break it to you.
Africa will have around 3.5 billion people, Islam will have conquered Europe and Canada, and the us will be new Central America. Also pretty sure that China will run everything with a weird mutant commie corporatocracy.
Good news is that Israel will have been nuked like the corners of a hot pocket and climate change would all but destroy coastal libs and such.
So yeah if you want to see those beautiful stars you better pray for a miracle, or clone Elon.

Attached: 1C42DD1E-E468-45CE-B34B-FF391FF3EF82.jpg (1800x2624, 835K)

No, it's not. For very obvious reasons.

double checked

Why don't we just expel all the xenos to space and live peacefully here on earth?

this, let whoever wants to control the masses and keep them at bay do so by whatever means.
once the last ships have left earth, at the machinery to do so falls into disarray they will all drown in their own blood

Attached: 1529637357271.png (518x788, 938K)

The technology is already here and white people aren't going away anytime soon. We'll loose the majority in the US once the boomers die off (2050) but we'll still be here. By then if we don't have gene editing per se will will almost certainly have embryo selection which could theoretically raise the avg iq by 15 points in just a few generations. We will probably have space colonies before whites even lose the majority aswell. Haven't been keeping up with the various space projects out there but I vaguely remember elon aiming for 2025 or 2030 something like that.

Well something definitely is going to have to be done about the subsaharans. Nobody talks about it but it's entirely possible that we are going to see mass euthanasia or sterilization of them in the not so distant future either by some engineered virus or perhaps by putting contraceptives in the water (something like that). It might not even be limited to subsaharan africa desu.

Truth is often stranger than fiction so I can imagine something much more foreign occurring in the near future than that. People thought flying cars would be here by 2000 but instead we have computers the size of a cigarette box. If there’s money to be made here on earth then people will stay and keep making it. Probably some vr world to keep subhumans in line or something like that.
Now of climate change really reared it’s ugly head and fucked some shit up then maybe I can see humans getting their priorities straight. But corporations and degenerates would have to be struck down or locked out otherwise it would never be finished or it would be 2019 2.0 in the endless expanse

Attached: 2714674D-DAE0-4187-B4C5-FEEAC6457DE7.png (1080x1349, 2.94M)

it might be the case that in order to solve the collective action problems that potentially threaten humanity's ability to colonize space, we need to get everyone rich and developed first. Creating the advanced technologies and ideas required to colonize space will require an historically unprecedented level of global coordination and focus, and it seems reasonable to think that this will be easier to achieve in a world where everyone is rich and healthy and relatively free to pursue their lives as they see fit.

Attached: Ddl3bULU0AAUIur.jpg (683x522, 114K)

But it is. Read Marshall Savage's The Millennial Project or How to Conquer the Galaxy in Eight Easy Steps.
Full stack space colonization will eventually be (large) garage level tech.

that's a major goalpost shift. and I do recognize the problem of simply lacking the will to colonize other planets. One of the more feasible answers to the fermi paradox imo is indeed that advanced civilizations are too busy doing shit in VR to care about exploring the universe. But exploring the entire universe is something pretty different from simply colonizing planets in our solar system and I find the prospect of NEVER doing that highly unlikely. We will almost certainly colonize other planets, mine asteroids etc explorer other solar system etc before the point where we build a dyson sphere and merge digitally or some scifi shit like that lol.

>we need to get everyone rich and developed first
the problem is that's impossible. It would be simpler to simply kill off the poor/undeveloped people. Or simply ignore them and restart colonialism (as china is doing)

You're right but I don't know how precise you are in your estimations. I do think that Georgia guidestones are gonna be implemented really soon. Have you watched Utopia? It's basically how it's gonna be imho.

Clearly that is one path that might plausible get the desired outcome, but it seems far more likely to lead to massive global instability, economic and social destruction, etc. Advanced space technology is very difficult and requires an amazing level of global stability and cooperation. Weapons are so deadly now and cultural ideas about social justice and human dignity are so widespread and sticky that if you actually tried to do a huge war of extermination it would definitely fail and just end up throwing everything into chaos and setting us back decades or worse.

Attached: 1470446094996.jpg (946x710, 69K)

Checked for truth.

>he thinks there will be no WW3
The purge scenario is more likely to be implemented than the prosperity one.

Ayy here, fuck off earth niggers

I don’t know if you’ve read anything from Greg Egan but his novel diaspora is really good. It details that we undergo a consciousness upload before we ever set foot in space which seems more likely to me. But I hope you’re right, it would be nice to have something to look forward to.

Attached: 8FE2C64A-D7AA-4C12-9128-BCED51CD2057.png (536x898, 404K)

Attached: 1542638188080.png (720x540, 453K)

Required reading for this thread :
Rendezvous with Rama

i've never seen utopia but I cna imagine the premise is something like Elysium which has already been mentioned in this thread (maybe idk). Basically people imagine the wrold will be a more widespread version of what the situation is in brazil or SA. Highly developed rich pockets surrounded by oceans of favelas. I just happen to think the favelas will probably be cleansed.

thanks i''ll check it out

one step ahead of you mate

>Recommended Reading
Case For Mars, Bob Zubrin
The High Frontier by Gerard O'Neill
Colonies in Space, by T. A. Heppenheimer
Rocket Propulsion Elements, Sutton
Space Mission Engineering, the new SMAD, Wiley, ed.
Fundamentals of Astrodynamics, Bates, etc
Mining the Sky, John Lewis
Rain of Iron and Ice, John Lewis
We Seven: By the Astronauts Themselves
Voices from the Moon, Andrew Chaikin

Attached: MA13.jpg (1575x2242, 1.43M)

Attached: 1544200213497.jpg (549x390, 66K)

This guy, with one book and zero accomplishments, sure--as soon as you tell me know these "seasteads" can withstand submersion and extreme temperatures for weeks on end.

Attached: Marshall_Savage.jpg (150x190, 7K)

>but it seems far more likely to lead to massive global instability, economic and social destruction, etc

Not if china is the one doing it. They have the largest land army for a reason. And no it isn't for defense or offensive capabilities. It's for population control. Not to mention the state run media, the censored internet, and the state run surveillance. If they decided to genocide africans or even muslims in china they could do it and be fine. Hell to a certain extent they already did it to the tibetans.

Attached: 7lCmYQt.jpg (1440x2560, 353K)

Checked but not quite true. It's a series about a virus created by some nutjob scientist. The beauty of it is that it's a two-component virus meaning that it can be already in your body but it takes a special kind of protein to activate it. So imagine everyone on earth will be contaminated with this virus through air pollution and then only the chosen ones will get the antidote or in this case won't eat specific kind of food.

BASED

what you are describing seems like it is a highly organised perhaps proliferated by some corperation or government. But the truth is we'll soon be in an era where some autist can download the ebola virus genome edit it and 3d print it in his basement. hehe yeah which reminds me of pic related. Was posted in a sticky so there aren't any archives of the original poster. But the future is terrifying and the people who don't realize that baffle me.

Attached: 1558746442493.png (1024x1024, 310K)

> HUMANITY CAN ONLY DO ONE COOL THING, CHOOSE FAGGOTS
chill out man

definitely going to check out that show now though. first thing I got when I looked it up the first time was a documentary about abbos or some shit.

It is actually. A floating platform in the ocean is an ideal anchor for a space elevator for several reasons. That being said I've recently been made aware of the Skyhook concept(rotating variant specifically) and think due to it being more feasible with current materials science is something we should begin working on as soon as the BFR is in full operation.

>anchor for a space elevator
misunderstood where you were going with that

Wasn't me m88! I'm not even sure if thats where he was going with that, but thats just where I took it.

>All that fucking crushing pressure around you
Nah I'm good m8

Venus would still be hot though, unless you like living in the Caribbean. A terraformed Mars would be like Alaska, a /comfy/ colder planet

Most people discussing seasteading aren't talking about colonizing the seabed. Seasteads can be built on dry land using Spar construction or grown in the sea using SeaCrete accretion. Powered by OTEC per Savage, these structures float on the surface or have only a set number of levels going down.