Should the Bible be taken literally? Also should the United States be a Christian theocracy?

Should the Bible be taken literally? Also should the United States be a Christian theocracy?

Attached: kjv.jpg (500x500, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

creation.com/isaiah-40-22-circle-sphere
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Suns
youtube.com/watch?v=0N9cAbu9Tv4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZF8gTdcutNw-ABiBgS8cwJIsKAndnXjL
bitchute.com/video/oqj8oVVK3lJ4/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes and yes

no and yes.

There is not one person in this world that fully understands the Bible.You should find some patterns elsewhere to facilitate your understanding. Hystorical context is also crucial.

No and no.

>Should the Bible be taken literally?
No work of fiction should.

Yes and yes

That doesn't answer his question

cringe

Yes. The NT is the key to happiness and fulfillment. It’s so easy to accept Christ into your life.

The intelligent religions, like Roman Catholic and Christian Orthodox say no. And they have change the religion to make a working culture.
The (real) Protestants follow Luther and take the bible literally, and then forbid all science that contradicts it. This will promote cultural failure just like Islams "Flat Earth" religious doctrine.
> Also should the United States be a Christian theocracy?
The intent was to allow the states to establish any Christian religion they wanted, and to forbid any other religion. Note that the 1st Amendment was a ban on Congress, not the state legislatures. Also note that given immigration laws that required white people of sound character, Asians, Jews and Moslems would not be allowed.
So the answer would be "At the state level a state could choose to be a religious theocracy or not".

Attached: Progression of Religious thought.jpg (622x960, 123K)

No, bible was never meant to be taken literally, just modern day Christians are ignorant of their history.

No, as the US was framed as such to never allow theocracy to take control. If you want a theocracy then move the fuck out of the US as you are a traitor and do not deserve to live in the greatest country on Earth.

Fucking Theofags.

Genesis alone is
>a historical record of our origin
>a scientific description of the big bang/creation of the universe
>a socio biological explenation for how woman genetic predisposition towards materialism kicks of a domino effect leading to evil
>a warning on usury and money in general
>the origin of the seed of the serpent (which became kikes)
>a parrable about becoming adults and losing once innocence
In the same manner all stories should be seen.
If interested, here a collection of info on meanings, guidelines, origins, lineages and such in the bible, pretty much all i have

Last OP

Original Israelites being whites

The lineage of the kikes
Pagan deities in the Bible
Different doctrines and teachings
Anti leftist law
Evil, forgiveness and law

Money
Satanism

Symbolism

Different concepts and ideas and interpretations on the narrative

I tried to put it all together as well as possible.

No, the bible says the earth can not be moved, and generally implies that the earth is flat

>that the earth is flat
wrong flat earth is not biblical
creation.com/isaiah-40-22-circle-sphere
the infamous "circle of the earth" verse is just a mistranslation. the word used is "חוּג" or "chug/khûg" which translates to
>class, group activity ; group, circle (of people) ; (geography) tropic, sphere
>sphere
However here is something the bible says
>7He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth upon nothing
>hangs the world upon nothing
floating in empty space.

It depends on the context. Why do you think people can spend entire lives studying one single aspect of the bible? There are historical contexts, metaphysical and spiritual contexts, cultural contexts, etc, etc. Studying the bible is the equivalent of studying all things under the sun.

The New Testament contains eye-witness accounts of those who lived with Him who's arrival had been prophecied in the OT; his words can be taken at face value for those uneducated and carry great personal meaning, or they can have the deepest intellectual or mystical impact on those who studied the evil that permeates this world untill this very day.

So...you're saying the world was populated through incest.

Just let that thought detonate in your mind for a second then kys.

>bible
Christianity is a religion of spirit FIRST, not word.

Religion isn't about "fiction", it's about defining concept of behavior: good, bad and acceptable behaviors.
Most religions that have a "Book" also has a body of work where they define what is and is not acceptable behavior.
Judism's book is the torah, and then they have the body of depravity and deception of the Talmud.
Islam's book is the Quran, and they too have a body of work that defines behavior.
Christianity has various versions of the Bible, and based Christianity has other works as well. Catholicism has the Catechism and the Council of Trent, for example.
Now, the Protestants throw all that out and just make up shit as they go along, because Luther was an autistic retard who took things too literally.

Attached: fedora tip.jpg (474x528, 22K)

back then when the DNA wasnt corrupted yet as much makes it possible that incest wasnt an issue. Also there is a good case to be made that the bible implies "Humans" before Adam, just not created by God, but probably by fallen angels as reported by many cultures that their gods (which are fallen angels) created humans.

Thus the earth being 6000 years old also isnt biblical, its merely around when the story of Adam and Eve starts, and furthermore the word translated as "day" is "Yom" which can mean hour, day, week, month, year, or any undefined amount of time.
In pic related for example it shows that what is translated as "The world was formless and empty" that it actually said "became formless and empty" indicating there happened something before Adam and Eve to make it so. When later then Cain is cursed to wander the land, he fears being killed by OTHERS, even though he is the first born of Adam and Eve meaning there have to be other people around already.
I believe what happened was that the fallen angels (like anunaki) created humans already, the darker races. Then God eventually came along and made people in his image which came to be the line of Noah, Shem, later Abraham, the Israelites which actually are the whites(Will get to that). Thus the mark put on Cain turned his skin dark (will get to Cain being the first Nigger too) to make him appear more like those that are around already.
The Bible merely focuses on this bloodline and thus leaves out stuff happening before it, not saying there never was anything before.
Then eventually the flood happened due to all the degeneracy.

Attached: Genesis became.png (1280x1024, 150K)

there were likely a bunch of cycles we went through believing the old tales. the bible alone implies a time before adam and eve, then the time from adam and eve to the flood, and then from the flood to today even though im not sure if the flood really counts as a beginning of a new cycle or merely got the ongoing one on track. i like to think there will be 5 cycles total, like how in alchemi the world is made up off the 4 elements plus spirit, each cycle working through one of those points which if the aztecs are right about the 5 suns means we are in the last one right now
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Suns
>Nahui-Ocelotl (Jaguar Sun) - Inhabitants were giants who were devoured by jaguars. The world was destroyed.
>Nahui-Ehécatl (Wind Sun) - Inhabitants were transformed into monkeys. This world was destroyed by hurricanes.
>Nahui-Quiahuitl (Rain Sun) - Inhabitants were destroyed by rain of fire. Only birds survived (or inhabitants survived by becoming birds).
>Nahui-Atl (Water Sun) - This world was flooded turning the inhabitants into fish. A couple escaped but were transformed into dogs.
>Nahui-Ollin (Earthquake Sun) - We are the inhabitants of this world. This world will be destroyed by earthquakes (or one large earthquake).
note here is the last cataclysm that happened through water, like the flood and the other 4 elements, water, fire, earth and wind also brought destruction. the Jaguar sun may be the spirit as that was the only case something was destroyed by something alive, something with a spirit. however personally i believe the spirit is what we are working through right now, but well.

However, assuming the biblical timeline is accurate, the flood wasnt the cataclysm 12,5k years ago structures across the world seem to hint at (Göbekli tepe, pyramids, sphinx, angkor wat)seem to hint at as it would be roughly 3k years ago. However the cataclysm before the flood was a rain of fire which fits the comet narrative quite perfectly

What do you mean by taken literally? Like, the passage "And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee" obviously shouldn't be taken literally. As for the second question, I wouldn't advocate for theocracy per se, but separation of church and state is pure modernist trash and should be done away with.

Religion is really proof of the sheer narcissism at the core of man. The need for Earth and humanity to be "special" (made in god's image etc), the selfish promise of an eternal reward for doing good deeds rather than an actual ethical standard, and subsequently the threat of damnation for doing bad deeds. It's really scary to think about how many mouthbreathing retards are only kept from killing and raping everyone around them by the idea they'll be on God's naughty children list.

pslam 93 1 The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

the bible doesn't say directly that the earth is flat, doesn't say the earth is round either. but there are some interesting verses, I'll have to look those up again

youtube.com/watch?v=0N9cAbu9Tv4

YES. /thread
FUCK SHILLS
FUCK SEMITES
AND FUCK JANNIES

Attached: IMG_2339.jpg (506x900, 85K)

fuck off muslim and jew fifth column

Stop giving the anti-free speech jew tube shekels to shut us down.

Attached: Jew tube censor yourself.jpg (474x355, 17K)

we're not perfect, but neither are you

>Genesis alone is
>a historical record of our origin
It's an anthology of tales about contrived and some possibly real characters

>a scientific description of the big bang/creation of the universe
There is not a single valid scientific reference in any of the holy books of the Abrahamic religiohns

>a socio biological explenation for how woman genetic predisposition towards materialism kicks of a domino effect leading to evil
Not surprisingly, most of the parables and moral lessons seem to be about money. In literature it's called speaking to your audience.

>a warning on usury and money in general
Have you read the NT? Saul wanted a 16% tithe from Gentiles. In the Parable of the Talents, explain the metaphors. Tell us who the 'master' is supposed to represent and who is the 'slave' supposed to represent?

>the origin of the seed of the serpent (which became kikes)
It's their book.

>a parrable about becoming adults and losing once innocence
Have you read the stories in the bible? The koran? One moral nightmare after another.

>>should people take the Bible literally
some stuff is pretty important to take literally, like Christ's literal bodily resurrection. Other things--I'm not so sure if they matter as much, like Noah's Ark. Although I bet a lot of it is rooted in some kind of historical fact.

It could be God stopped the bullets, he changed Coke into Pepsi, he found my fucking car keys. You don’t judge shit like this based on merit. Now whether or not the every word of the Bible is ‘according-to-Websters’ literally true is insignificant. What is significant is God’s touch; God was involved.

Oh but this is free speech against what all religions teach, please take a listen won't you, but listen carefully, because no one is forgiven as they say and think.

>fedora tip.jpg

Attached: bigs fedora.jpg (449x600, 23K)

Somewhat and somewhat

you can have free speech, but I will make sure you're going to pay for having it

there is consequences for having free speach

would you like some blood? blah blah blah

>some stuff is pretty important to take literally, like Christ's literal bodily resurrection.
And yet you were given a mountain of clues explaining how that didn't happen.

>Although I bet a lot of it is r̶o̶o̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶ stolen from previous religions.
FIFY

>What is significant is God’s touch
You were an alter boy?

Attached: twinks.jpg (225x300, 9K)

The Bible contains several literary genres. So the answer is: it depends.

how do accept Christ if misanthrope

Attached: image.png (300x233, 134K)

read the source from where the bible came from, the bible contains manipulated excerpts from the original books, find them and read them they will give you a whole different picture.

Sometimes figuratively, sometimes literally. Sometimes a combination of both, just like a normal conversation

> taken literally

In which language?

And using the meaning of words in that language from which time period?

And should we be taking the metaphors and poetry literally?
> Is Peter an actual rock? Did Jesus really build a church on him?
> Was Babylon really destroyed during the second coming of Christ?
> is the kingdom of heaven really made from a mustard seed?

Taking it literally is stupid. Most of Jesus parables are not even meant to be taken literally. Working in absolute terms is how stupid people approach religion because they cannot learn think about things and learn from figurative truths.

Taking the bible literally is NPC league.

What does what you said have to do with what I said, specifically?

I'm against a theocracy because it encourages libs and atheists to procreate and spread their genes and I don't want that. Having Christian highly integrated into our culture is why a huge portion of the population now are liberals. It's partly genetic. Let the atheists and hyper liberals spend a few generation not having kids so we can weed out those genetics.

Unironically yes but it won't happen

Show me where in the Bible it states that DNA was more pure....I'll wait.

Christians and Muslims love to reinterpret scripture in light of modern scientific understanding and pretend that it was there the whole time.

It's stories are intended as metaphors to survive in this fucking disgusting Realm of life.

But this is true even under evolution. If you think about how separated different species were that became humans. Huge amounts of incest would have occurred many many times.

it says that the people all mixed, the seed of the serpent (and eve) and adam, as well as whoever else was around. additionally the fallen angels mated with human females creating the nephillim. This is actually said to be the reason for the flood aside from all the other evil that was taking hold.

You should actually read the bible. Especially the New Testament. It’s not what you think it is. I used to think exactly like you because that is what other atheists told me.

Then I read it and realised that pretty much everything atheists told me about the New Testament - what it said, what it meant, what Christians actually believe, how they use the bible, etc. was completely wrong. They were basically the CNN or religious information.

I also realised how angry and hate-filled they all were. Just bitchy, negative, mean, jealous people and I had become just like them.

Reading the New Testament helped me understand what was great about western civilisation and how it had been perverted by post modernism - and how society is not fucked because of Christianity, but because people strayed from it,

>should the United States be a Christian theocracy
It already is... See your archaic abortion laws, persecution of LGBT, Islamophobia, etc.

The bible should not be taken literally, and the US should be a Christians only nation. Burn down the mosques, synagogues, and temples. Plus no freemasonry or any such type of organizations.

Thank you for literally proving my point...choosing to reinterpret scripture to fit modern scientific understanding. The flood was not an actual event because if it was then the world was populated through incest not once but twice... Noah must have been real busy fucking all his children.

Study genetics and try again...no species can propagate more than 3 generations of incest before ALL future offspring are born sterile, and thus... extinction.

>You should actually read the bible.
So should you

Attached: Penn on reading bible.jpg (500x281, 57K)

>The flood was not an actual event
yet we have stories all around the world of exactly that flood destroying all of the civillization, from europe to china, to south america, north america, middle east, probably africa too. Additionally bible dates the flood ar 3,3k-3k BC, which is also around the same time a lot of cultures around the world spring into the bronze age all of the sudden simultaniously, almost as if something washed away the old everywhere simultaniously and the survivors rebuild it quickly around the world making it appear as if they jumped into the bronze age

Of course!

Attached: R (44).jpg (670x893, 281K)

the literal parts should be taken literally

Perhaps you're up to the challenge from this thread. Explain the metaphors.

>yet we have stories all around the world of exactly that flood destroying all of the civillization, from europe to china, to south america, north america, middle east, probably africa too.
Except they all happened at different times for vastly different reasons.
Which one of the many great floods? The Black Sea flood from 9000 years ago coincides with Plato's Atlantis legend. The America's glacial flood was around 8000 years. A volcano in Sicily sent a 40m wave of water over the shores of the Levant 8000 years ago. The Yellow River Great Flood was 4000 years ago. Floods are fairly common, and their tales are plentiful

I just finished a very well done teaching.
Everything you (probably) think about the bible and God is wrong, mainstream Christianity has warped what Gods word actually says to a level that is hard to really comprehend.
There is real power in being a Christian
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZF8gTdcutNw-ABiBgS8cwJIsKAndnXjL

>implying any of the accounts mention the precise time it happened
they tell global flood, wiped away the old world, bible tells it happened around 3,3k BC, this is when cultures "entered" the bronze age (or were resetted to it).

If you learn a latin language, then you will have access to bibles written in languages that are as close the source of the original latin bible, and therefore more accurate to read.

I’ve read it multiple times. That how I know that he is wrong.

What you posted and what you’re doing is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. Being an arrogant, proud, know-it-all who is literally smarter than all those dumb Christians.

I used to be like that too. Then I read the New Testament and realised that I was wrong and that everyone I had listened to like Penn are also wrong.

The New Testament is not what they tell you it is. It’s not even ‘stories’ apart from the 4 gospels, it’s letters from Paul to different churches with some letters from Peter included as well.

Get a simple NLT translation for your first read. It’s an easy read in modern language and gets all the main points across. Just start with the New Testament because the Old Testament doesn’t really matter when you’re reading it for the first time.

You can continue to be a contrarian edge lord, or you can actually take the time to realise that you’ve been lied to about what makes western civilisation actually work.

I've read up on my ancestor's history. He was a farmer (peasant) living in Virginia back in the 1800's.

Reading his journal, he said the Society of Friends (quakers) basically moved into his town when he was a young boy and took everything over. You couldn't do any business, or speak to anybody unless you were a member of the church. He converted out of necessity, and that's what allowed him to get his farm (and also a wife).

This is pretty much what was going on back then.
Also apparently he was denied an education, although he showed some promise (given that he knew how to read and write, he was no moron).

Attached: 1509409435265.gif (540x810, 481K)

> explain the metaphors

Why explain them to someone that hasn’t even read the bible? If you read it and aren’t a complete NPC retard, their meaning doesn’t need explanation.

6.000.000 / 4 years / 365 days per year = 4.109 per day

Sometimes and yes.

There's a thread going on right now where an atheist moral high ground who frequently called Christians pedophiles, was caught being a pedophile

>they tell global flood, wiped away the old world,
The world never flooded. That didn't happen any time in geologic history. much less recorded human history.

every day, 4000

yes, and no.

crown and altar

I love to fuck babies, pseudo

If you actually read it which most people don't even get that far, yes you are, there is no other way to interpret it than literally. It's 100% the truth.

Kill yourself Mohammed

>Being an arrogant, proud, know-it-all who is literally smarter than all those dumb Christians
I'm not claiming the creator/destroyer of the universe is my personal invisible friend. Now that's arrogant!

>Why explain them
It's OK if you've never read this part of the bible. Can't expect you to know what you're talking about.

>their meaning doesn’t need explanation.
The Law of Parsimony suggest you can't explain it because you don't understand it.

and that is only jews, they also had to kill the armies of the other countries

I can not believe jewgle cut off 'the greatest story never told, I guess money runs the world

bitcoin, gold, fed auditeur, anything but the jews controlling everything

based

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 01.49.18.png (495x65, 25K)

Yea. If you haven’t read it, you don’t get to criticise it. No one is going to take you seriously because you aren’t interested in reality or facts. You’re basing all your knowledge on other peoples opinions.

Literally the definition of NPC.

I don’t care if you don’t read it. That’s up to you, but I used to be exactly as arrogant and bitchy and negative as you are now. I wasn’t happy then because I was believing the lies of others. Then I decided to actually read the New Testament and it was liberating to know that I was wrong, and don’t have to continue to be wrong anymore.

The US should be a protestant Iran

the united states is babylon and its going to be destroyed by 200 million ICBM missiles

>Then I decided to actually read the New Testament
You say that but you've never read the Parable of the Talents? Sounds like you're not being completely honest here. Are you afraid you don't understand the metaphors, who the master is and who the slave is? Afraid you'll get it wrong and everybody will find out you didn't really read it?

Theists, everybody.

>I'm not claiming the creator/destroyer of the universe is my personal invisible friend.
You've set this up in the dumbest, anthropomorphized manner possible to deliberately avoid the terrible challenge of applying your intellect to the matter at hand. Perhaps you can't actually conceive of it with a rationalist perspective of the universe, which is something actually worth discussing, but no one should actually speak to you if you are so intent on silencing and lampooning all other views from the outset. It only serves to feed your ego and tighten the trap you've set upon yourself.

Who are you talking to?

There are thousands of parables in the bible that are not meant to be taken literally and you just randomly demanded that all of them be explained on Jow Forums. Then you randomly bring up the parable of the talents.

There isn't anything that requires interpretation Luke states "he told them a story to correct the impression that the Kingdom of God would begin right away", and Matthew says (quoting Jesus) 'the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip'.

They both directly state that the story is about the kingdom of heaven, and investments of faith - which is further explained in the parables around that story within the same chapters. (The parable of the bridesmaids/Jesus explains Final Judgement in Matthew, and Jesus & Zacchaeus/Jesus clearing the Temple in Luke).

When you don't cherry-pick things to try to remove context and misrepresent them like a Jew, the bible is very clear in explaining what is a metaphor and what it is really referring to. (In fact, the bible clearly tells how the Pharisees do exactly this in an attempt to hold onto their own power).

Like I said, you've clearly not read the Bible, but I believe you've probably read other people's criticisms of it on Reddit or some other post-modern ideological site and you've adopted those criticisms as fact and as your opinion. That's NPC levels of thinking.

I'd encourage you to go read it for yourself, because both Matthew and Luke give plenty of context and explanation for that parable in the same chapter.

No one here is going to get angry or riled up about your ignorance. Most of us have been in the exact same position that you're in now and know that we were wrong then, just as you are wrong now. We also know what it felt like to be angry and miserable and contrarian - always having to be 'right' - instead of learning humility and what is actually true. I'd encourage you to actually read the NT for yourself.

>Who are you talking to?
Someone who's never read the bible, apparently.

>There are thousands of parables in the bible
There are 41 parables in the bible. You'd know that if you ever read it.

>that are not meant to be taken literally
I was asking specifically about the metaphors, which are by definition, not literal.

>and you just randomly demanded
You said you read the bible. I asked you to explain just the metaphors of one of short passage and you suddenly burst into tears.

>that all of them be explained on Jow Forums.
Just one parable, the Parable of the Talents. The master and slave are metaphors for others. Who do they represent? People who've never read the bible would probably not be able to explain these particular metaphors, kinda like you're not explaining now.

You obviously lied when you said you read the bible, I called you out on it, now you're busted. All your misdirection and bleatings only prove I'm right about you.

> the matter at hand.
And what matter would that be? It turns out I was falsely accused of arrogance by another poster who made a series of deranged and misleading claims. I hope this animated contest of intellect is not somehow overstimulating you.

PS: What you like to bet other posters are copying my post for later pasta?

no, yes

Listen to Neville Goddard

Attached: horse.jpg (278x181, 8K)

>Christian theocracy
obv yes. kys if you dont want this

also only illiterate proddies take the bible literally bc thier religion is sometimes only a few 100 yrs old and has no foundation

imagine being this cucked

YES

bitchute.com/video/oqj8oVVK3lJ4/

chromosomes determine sex

Christian morality is pretty retarded.

Can someone please tell me the most redpilled version of the bible? The version that rejects kikes, hedonism, faggotry and degeneracy? I've been looking at the King James Bible, but please let me know if there is a better version. I've been an athiest my whole life but I am ready to accept God.

no, it's fiction

>There are 41 parables in the bible. You'd know that if you ever read it.
That's how I know you just read people's opinions on this and not come to this on your own. People don't autistically count the number of parables and memorise that there's 41 of them. Sure I know there are atheists who claim to read the Bible and such and sometimes they have indeed read it more than the average churchgoing Christian. But does that mean they understand it? Usually they're out to nitpick on contradictions that aren't actually there. Since you know the parables so well, explain the parable of the unleavened bread and see how it applies to you.

KJV is the proper English Bible. The one we have is the 1769 edition and this was before postmodernist views on how to translate came in and uses the right manuscript tradition. Anything after that have a lot of issues and you should not be using them other than to see where they messed up (like taking away verses, phrases, adding stuff, etc).