What did he mean by this?

Attached: Capture.png (620x412, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/feature/ames/ice-confirmed-at-the-moon-s-poles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

most likely a troll by him

establishing a way station on the moon for journeys to Mars

The moon can be used as a staging ground to get to Mars. It has weaker gravity allowing larger launches

>72 years old
>not coherent
Who would've thought

Plus with the discovery of ice on the moon, we can make fuel there.

He's just stupid as fuck and constantly drugged up. Retards will say he's joking or even stupider shit like using the moon as a staging ground, which isn't apart of any long term mars mission

Stop living in this delusion of space travel as the country is going bankrupt. NASA should be scrapped just to wake you redditors up.

Wew, great delusional nonsense fellas.

Trump wants to be on Mars in 5 yrs, the fact there's any belief in him establishing a "way station???" or developing the process to make fuel on the moon if beyond retarded

>scrap NASA
>use it's budget to fund the military for 11 days

part of the launch architecture, this is widely known by rocket scientists

>scrap space travel
>eventually use up all resources on Earth
>die
Oops, faggot retard. What part about there's near unlimited resources off planet do you fucks not get? We can mine materials from other planets and the asteroid belt.

>launch architecture
>rocket scientist

Attached: pFn7d32.jpg (559x556, 35K)

A moon base to get to Mars would be idiotic, as there are no resources on the Moon and the delta V to the lunar surface nearly the same as to the Mars Surface.

We already know how to use helium-3 as fuel retard. Stop acting like Trump is doing any of it. Strawmanning retard

nice digits.
ignorant comment.

Attached: Delta-Vs_for_inner_Solar_System.svg.png (744x1052, 130K)

Earth's moon and Mars are invertedly linked by a string of dark matter and quarks.

There's tons of resources on the moon, idiot. Delta V from moon to Mars is much lower.

>what is helium-3

You guys have some serious iq problems. Good luck.

Attached: 074A8269-B68E-45FC-B45D-BE769E6F0D0B.jpg (634x618, 54K)

Trump dosen't realize that NASA is a civilian origination and that the Air Force runs most space related space missions.

Attached: s (10).jpg (1254x1313, 180K)

that going to the moon is a part of going to mars. nasa should be talking about how the moon is a stepping stone to mars, not like the moon is the final destination

The mechanic is working on my car(of which the door is apart)
The doctor is doing surgery(of which my liver is apart)
The univercity is studying english(in which writing is about)

The Trump administration funds NASA per their budget and direct the work they do, it's entirely scoped by the administration end to end. There is no process to develop fuel on the moon where we lack infrastructure, gravity, people, etc. It's time to stop posting

There is a decent amount of ice on the moon so making fuel is an option.
nasa.gov/feature/ames/ice-confirmed-at-the-moon-s-poles

As you can see from this chart, LEO to C3 directly is 3.2 km/s
LEO to moon to C3 is 8.7 km/s
Thus, it is idiotic to use the moon as a base for going to Mars.

yeah we really could use those resources on MARS lmao, like rocks, more rocks, and dust

NASA has been running "moon to mars" or campaign for a while bow.

The only thing confusing about Trump's tweet is the sudden reversal on going to the moon, after his admin is the one that directed NASA to do so.

Attached: moontomars.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

that its all fake, the moon, mars, nasa, its all fake

>Giving a shit about money spent on NASA
It's a tenth of a penny in comparison to price gouging and pocketing of cash.

No, there's not a lot of resources. It's a big basalt rock with a trace of water and almost no carbon.

I have full blown autism and even I know what he meant by this

the military isn't a distraction for star wars fans at least. i mean the current us military is useless but NASA is worse than useless.

pr campaign*

>no resources on the Moon
-an orbiting staging area that doesn't need refueling
-Enough gravity to make assembly of parts easier and faster than doing it in earth orbit
-massive amounts of energy available to power a laser to push a solar sail
-possibility to make bldg materials for shelters from moon dust in a solar furnace
yeah, nothing there that can help

You stupid spic amerimutt. I'm sending you all of my negative energy

Do you know what the fuck metal is?
Do you know what Uranium, plutonium, thorium are?
We can harvest comets and drag them to earth. We can get any metal, and many other things like hydrogen.

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3Ny8yMTEvb3JpZ2luYWwvdXJhbml1bS1vcmUuanBn[1]. (300x200, 15K)

Von Braun wanted to use the moon as a way to test systems and methods for going to Mars.
The moon is a dead end.
Mars has carbon and water and is the gateway to mining the asteroids.

If I had to guess it's part of the plan to get to Mars but given the first part of that tweet I have no idea.

The moon would be an excellent staging place for mission launches as you don't have to expend fuckloads of fuel trying to escape Earth's gravity.

easier and faster, aside of course, from creating a fucking base on the moon and maintaining it

HAHAHA SO FUNNY

i dont want to get overly technical, nigger

Attached: 1538836272156.jpg (640x634, 98K)

The moon is not a dead end, you can do a gravity assist off it or refuel from there.

you know those things are just fine in quantity on earth right? no need to gather your rocks from a lifetime away, star wars nerd

>>(of which the Moon is a part)
The moon and Mars are the same, obviously. Give this man more power and authority over budgets!!!!

Attached: Retarded Trump.gif (480x250, 1.79M)

The Trump admin is not Trump. Presidents are figurehead to distract people like you and draw their ire so the people really doing things can be left alone to do things.

Infrastructure can and is being built to deploy on the Moon and yes we do know how to use helium-3 which is all over Luna.

Why are you brain dead?

The dudes fucking got dementia. I don't think he knows what he's talking about. I listened to his d-day speech and it was painful to listen to. Just one long emotionless monotone drone.

It has plenty of precious metals, and also helium-3 which is a rich source of fuel.

Idiotic! The moon is too hot in the lunar day and too cold during the lunar night. Everything would have to be buried. Radiation problem because not even a thin atmosphere like Mars. Whatever you store there is in a big gravitational shit hole - you'd be better off using a Lagrange point for that.
Not comets asteroids...
Pluton... What the Actual fuck!? Don't they teach science in school anymore? user, Plutonium is an artificial element. You can't mine for it, not even on asteroids.

It's covered in Helium 3. We need that for a lot of things, including nuclear reactors. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3

>What did he mean by this?

The Moon wiil be part of the manned Mars mission you brainlet.

Attached: 1511875278470.jpg (645x729, 49K)

Wow, bots hard at work posting this same stupid thread alllllllll day.
Somebody maybe want to ban this ip address already?

Those things are incredibly rare and finite on Earth, moron. There's tons more in space. We need rare Earth minerals as well that we are mining too fast and running out of that other bodies in the solar system have an abundance of.

I guarantee you any attempt to gather that to generate energy will cost MORE energy than it will actually generate. A very expensive "clean energy" idea.

it depends what you mean by a base.
Sending containers of materials ahead of time will get you the empty boxes you need for housing a small crew as they set up an assembly area.
If they can't do it on the moon for a short time, mars is not an option anyway. Good to know and iron out any wrinkles closer to home

Ok, let me know when these things run out. I'll be waiting in my grave.

Nigger. Do you brag about going on vacation to Hawaii or the layover over you had in Chicago on the way?

was it her turn?

WILL THEY HAVE SPACE ICE CREAM ON MARS?

>you can do a gravity assist off it
That would be very rare.
>or refuel from there
It has nothing to make fuel out of. Reports of water are grossly overstated. Setting up processing plants on the moon to harvest a bit of damp lunar soil and to make fuel out of it are far more trouble than the benefit. Keeping hydrogen liquid takes a LOT of energy.

yeah, they buried the astronauts and the landers at night during the moon landings

the moon will be a pit stop on an interplanetary highway
the moon has lots of fuel

Companies can't even find a way to profit making things in AMERICA, but yeah they're going to find that it's lucrative to make things on THE MOON!!!! What the fuck are you people on because I want it

God damn it, to use He-3 as a fuel for anything other than neutron bombardment you need a special kind of fusion reactor that doesn't exist.

Why wouldn't he want to go back to the moon?

Attached: 1550945017619.webm (320x240, 2.29M)

They went between Lunar day and night before it got too hot or too cold.

Look Tyrone, if you bother watching NASA's fucking youtube videos, because of their lack of a heavy launcher, their plans for lunar and mars missions involves multiple launches. You send a ship to the moon first, then send fuel separately and then go to mars. The benefit is that you don't need a big ass Saturn 5 rocket to do that, you can do it with 2 smaller rockets.

Hes been doing this for 3 years now, he tweets retarded shit intentionally to rile up the fAGgots

Attached: full retard.png (466x466, 479K)

It isn't too hot or cold because we can insulate and radiate. Moron. If we just landed there and did nothing sure, but we won't just do nothing. We will keep stuff on the cold side heated enough and the warm side cooled enough.

Plutonium occurs naturally within uranium deposits in small amounts, but can be natural.

why build a satellite to sit on, when there is one already there?

Your guarantees mean dogshit.

You can do that from LEO, just like Von Braun said, you goddamned retard.
And in LEO, you have the Van Allen belts to shield from radiation, and you're not in the bottom of a fucking gravitational well.
Dunning Krueger....

Moon is part of the mission to Mars.

They ain't going anywhere though. NASA is cover for military shit in space. Nobody has been beyond LEO.

are you actually retarded or just pretending?

whatever star wars nerd, go back to living in your sci-fi fantasy as yet another form of white escapism

>I can drag up more sheeit n' sheeit.
You're not a rocket scientist, are you?

Sorry, intelligent people think about future generations and how to make things better for them. At least humans used to understand this before 1900. Now it's all about selfishness and trying to keep current generations alive longer, fuck the next ones. I guess you're just as shortsighted and myopic as the kikes running things.

Nigger you can test this shit in Kerbal space program. Going from LEO to Mars takes a lot more DV than going from LLO to Mars.

It is covered in helium-3 which we can and do make fuel from. Stop being stupid and fuck off.

>They went between Lunar day and night before it got too hot or too cold.
Sorry buddy, but you said this, so your "thoughts" mean nothing when it comes to science

space is just a sky box

there are too many shitskins, the USA doesn't have the brainpower to get another person to the moon, let alone mars
that's what they mean when NASA fags get asked 'ey boss why we no go moon again?'

they say we lost the tech but the truth is NASA is too stupid to go back

literally that the moon is a part of the space faring plan.

Where did I say satellite?
But there would be several advantages to staging in LEO: technology was tested in the Gemini missions, you can rotate for heat control, you're protected by the van allen belts and the moon isn't, you're not dropping your equipment into a gravity well that you have to rocket out of... etc.

careful with that common sense talk here man

demands nasa goes back to the moon
criticizes them for working on it
trump is a retard, what else is new?

what do you mean?
think of all the untapped deposits on the moon.
yes its expensive as fuck, but a profit can be made

see

Probably him saying the main goal should be Mars but also was trying to say the moon would also be part of the space exploration. Just said it in such a way that seems retarded.

No, I'm just a guy with a Masters in Physics who studied this and you're a ignoramous who thinks he knows everything.

All missions to the moon are to be designed specifically as stepping stones to Mars, not as >look ma, we did it again.

Nope

Well gosh guys, based on what all these intelligent pro-Trump anons are saying, all we have to do on the moon is:

>Build and transport infrastructure to construct a lunar base for rocket staging
>Transport and develop infrastructure for humans to build and deploy rockets on the moon
>Transport and develop infrastructure that harvests resources on the moon for rocket fuel
>Transport and develop infrastructure to harvest rare metal to manufacture aerospace parts, test them to new standards needing to be developed for lunar deployment
>Transport and develop an air filtration lab that reduce particle density in the air to 500ppm on the moon to meet the standard to not contaminate a foreign planet when developing rockets/rovers

All in 5 years time. Wow, I'm really feeling optimistic about this one. It almost sounds way more retarded to do all of that not on the moon and deploy from Earth where we have all of that already.

see

NASA got a lil flushed and started spouting dreams about girls on the moon so DJ, the savage, had to control em.
>the abso state of NASA
one diversity hire too many

It doesn't need to exist yet. It will be built. Commercially known and available technology is always 10-20 years behind the actual development of tech privately.

In fact here you go, I verified it in game for you. Going from LKO to Duna takes 1030 m/s while going from LMO to Duna takes 431 m/s. Taking off from Lunar orbit literally requires a third of the dv compared to taking off from earth orbit.

Attached: lko.jpg (1543x829, 233K)

>think of all the untapped deposits on the moon.
No water (or very little) and no volcanoes means almost no hydro-geology so no ore deposits. that makes it a complete bitch to get any resources out.
Mars has had both.
You guys need to read "The Case For Mars" and then I can tell you where Zubrin fucked up e.g. his understanding of chemistry has some major misconceptions.

BUT MUH HELIUM!!!!

how many dead dinosaurs are on the moon ?

Not everything is about money kike. We need to get off this rock at some point.