Live Forever

Why don't Republicans like science? You realize that with enough funding you could literally live forever, right? This doesn't seem like a debatable issue.

Attached: aubreydegrey.png (1730x850, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

leafscience.org/aubrey-de-grey-valencia/
ted.com/talks/aubrey_de_grey_says_we_can_avoid_aging?language=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

on a long enough time scale you're not going to whizbang your way past the heat death of the universe or the sun burning out with some shitty biotech startup so who gives a shit

that's so inconceivably far away, you don't think immortal humans who have colonized the galaxy would figure something out?

>implying it’s not only the beginning

who knows, i'll be dead in 100 years so i guess it doesnt matter to me lol

i'll indulge you though, how do accidents factor in to biological immortality here? what if you get hit by a bus, or trapped at the bottom of the ocean on a malaysian airline? do you still die in these cases? just suffer in some weird purgatory state forever?

>i'll be dead in 100 years so i guess it doesnt matter to me lol
Not really. Depends on how fast research goes.
>Clinical Trials in 5 Years
leafscience.org/aubrey-de-grey-valencia/

But anyways, Aubrey De Grey isn't trying to make you immortal. You could still die from a bomb or a car accident. But he could stop your body from accumulating DNA damage that leads to cancer - rather, he wants to remove that damage as it accumulates over time (as you age).

How many genders? Yeah republicans don’t like science... Fuck living forever, this place gets more fucked by the day. People identify as dragons and shit waving their dicks around, ass fucking in the streets for pride month. Imagine forever like that, but worse every year.

ted.com/talks/aubrey_de_grey_says_we_can_avoid_aging?language=en

No you fucking can't. The longer you live the more energy it takes to keep you alive. It's literally against the laws of physics to live forever. You would need infinite energy. Guess what the universe doesn't have? Guess what you wouldn't have access to even if it had it?

>The longer you live the more energy it takes to keep you alive
What are you talking about? That's not true at all

Don't need science for that just the love of Jesus Christ and a life avoiding sin.

>You realize that with enough funding you could literally live forever, right?
What's so great about living in Clown World that I'd want to keep on doing it for all time?

This. Hallelujah!

There is only one path to eternal life and that is Jesus Christ our Lord.

>For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Attached: The_Lost_Lamb.jpg (1651x2200, 614K)

Why the fuck would you want to live forever

Attached: isense-heresy-44600891.png (500x665, 182K)

Women would not allow it

It's okay, you can still be a Christian and advocate for this research.
It's coming regardless. Accept it or perish

Its according to scripture, you're just on the other side.
>In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, but death will escape them.

Attached: giphy.gif (245x121, 749K)

I didn't say anything about Christianity. What I said is that this dystopia won't be made better with eternal youth and will probably get worse

>doesn't know there are animals on earth that don't age and are literally immortal.
>doesn't know that there are animals on earth that can regenerate any injury
>doesn't know that there are animals on earth that are immune to cancer.
Look I know you read about entropy user and thought you could throw it into an edgy philosophy, but your being really dumb.

you didn't address his main concerns at all

It might be possible to truly live forever. It could be the case that there are other universes or our universe exists inside some larger space that we could go to when this one dies. We don't know enough about how reality works yet to say it is impossible to exist forever.

The only way some of the most horrific people in modernity are removed from their position is through aging. Imagine living in a world where the elite will live forever. Literally no point in tolerating any incompetent or malicious master, since you know they will never be knocked from their position.

Attached: 1558619800030.png (640x672, 435K)

test

>implying we wont have the tech to reverse entropy
>implying we couldn't just go to a different dimension.universe if necessary

God you nihilistic faggots need to fuck off

>what are term limits
>what is democracy

Amen. In Christ we have eternal life.

Nice work though OP if that's your chad graphic, you have a lot of effort in to it. It's just not an effective argument. We are not afraid to die because what comes after Jesus returns will be infinitely better.

And even if not, Pascals Wager is quite simple. You will live to see a thousand miseries of our limited world; I will be too dead to care.

They don't live forever you dumb potato nigger. This isn't a philosophical argument. They inevitably run out of food and die because resources are finite. They will always die somehow. You're retarded.

>democracy can survive immortal and undegrading oligarchs
it is barely functional with our current patch of psychopaths, and they usually have to spend most of their life to gather enough power before dying a bit later. The world will be a nightmare without death culling them.

Attached: 1557593719870.png (900x844, 349K)

>Fragile bodies need constant medical attention and will degrade faster and faster as time goes on requiring more and more energy to sustain
You're too stupid to understand what I said.

You sound mad. Are you mad? It doesn’t look like you posted any sources

Kek is that Aubrey deGrey? Aubrey deChad motherfucker. Strong beard envy.

Attached: B8AD326E-C482-4DCB-B61B-FCEA792476C0.jpg (2000x1333, 1.46M)

You can't reverse entropy. Entropy is time.

Didn’t read thread. Cheers!

Attached: 2AAB3DAC-8500-4B9A-A52B-426B6E4016EF.jpg (870x579, 87K)

why would I want to live forever?

It's common sense dipshit. The longer you live the more fragile you are. Have you ever seen an old person? There's a reason you see them in wheelchairs and on hospital beds with desks covered with prescriptions. It's hard to keep the fuckers alive. It costs a shit ton too.

>Yesss Goyim Leave All the Advances in Science to Me while I Live Forever and Create a One-World State Solution for the Jewish People dot jpg
Kurzweil is subsisting on little more than his daily intake of 79 pills. What have you been doing to make sure you live long enough for the (((Singularity)))?

Attached: 84F4D449-7E4F-42BA-A232-A7CC046B7A6A.jpg (459x549, 61K)

Ahem. 150 pills.

Attached: A582C6D8-5570-47BB-95AF-C025205ABEBA.jpg (2880x1920, 1.91M)

>implying you only get one life
Sweeties, sweeties EVRYWHERE

Also good luck with reversing aging, the tech is very far off and you will be old if you ever benefit from it. If this is really your goal, you need to get to accumulating wealth, because drug development dont come cheap and everyone from VCs to Big Pharma will need to recoup their investments in your vain attempts to live past the human horizon.

>a fucking leaf

That is the most jewish looking room
Look at the disorder...

Whatever

the human condition

this is why I inject .5cc of cerebrolysin and epitalon everyday.

my telomeres are perpetually 22 and I look like it too. it's really unfair for everyone else, but the keys to success are out there for the taking. ;)

narcissist.

fear of death is the least Chad thing there is. Human's are meant to die, It's the short time we're given that gives life it's meaning and purpose. What do you really need more than 80 years for anyway?

Absolute leaf

you may be able to cure physical maladies, cancer, prevent aging however, you cannot stop the mental stress of life
the cancer of the mind, living forever means that your mistakes will compound, eventually overwhelm you, and make you wish for death
if you believe you can be the perfect person and live a carefree life, then you are more dumb as the person who thinks that they can live forever

If we are talking about hypothetical future technology to life forever just add in the tech to erase memories, got dumped, erased, shit your pants at pizza hut, erased.

you cant erase mental damage through lobodomy.

You'd have to be a complete fucking retard to fear death at this point. Why would you extend your sentence in the prison that is our material reality when you could reincarnate somewhere without Jews?

That doesn’t answer one of those question. It was “why the fuck would you want to live forever?”

What, indeed.

>tfw I might live long enough until immortality treatments are developed and I can live forever

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 70K)

Why the fuck would I want to live forever? I've been waiting for the sweet release of death since I was 12.

then do it fag, i’ll bone my robo harem in 3019 over your grave

>IN 20 YEARS WE WILL ALL HAVE IPHONES IMPLANTED INTO OUR SKULLS
>AI WILL BE JUST LIKE EINSTEIN ONLY 100 TIMES SMARTER
>WE ALREADY USE PHONES => WE ARE CYBORGS
>I'M AN ASBERGERY ABOVE-AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE CONFORMIST WHO THINKS HE IS SMART BECAUSE I WAS GOOD AT WRITING EXAMS AT SCHOOL
>HAVE YOU READ YUVAL HARARI?

>implying it will ever be available for goyim cattle

>he thinks he will survive past oil supply depletion in 2050

Attached: 1557641907054.png (865x807, 884K)

you’re barfing up headlines you read but didn’t understand. I hope you’re over 35 so I don’t have to let my consciousness touch yours in the global AI godnet

Apparently not. The Chinese threw money at fucking around with genes, and the result was a shorter lifespan, not a longer one.

What is assassinations

>then do it fag
I am a patient man, user. I was meant to wait - and I will do so until my time comes.

>he thinks industrial society can survive when the cost of extracting 1 barrel of oil will become 1 barrels worth of energy.
Cool, tell me more about how you plan your fully automated gay space communism without oil.

>oil supply depletion
>he actually thinks we'll run out of oil
top kek user, they've been spouting that same shit since we discovered the stuff.

Attached: Abiogenic_Oil.png (1650x4659, 1.01M)

It will be the only way for any change of power. World will become literally like WoD Vampire one, but with söy instead of blood.

Nuclear fission forever and wireless energy transfer? Also nanomaterials to conserve energy and raw materials

>leafscience.org/aubrey-de-grey-valencia/
>But anyways, Aubrey De Grey isn't trying to make you immortal. You could still die from a bomb or a car accident. But he could stop your body from accumulating DNA damage that leads to cancer - rather, he wants to remove that damage as it accumulates over time (as you age).

Problem with it is that unless you have a DNA sample from when you were younger, you can't revert back to a younger age. The DNA you have is already damaged, you simply can't "reverse" it At most you can stop further damage. So unless you have a sample of when you were younger, prepare to live forever as an 80 year old.

>The modern state will just run out of oil-
>Guess we'll collapse now!
If we run out of crude before 2050 it's gonna be a long, american collapse for everyone else.

I hope to accumulate enough material to be at least reinivgorate myself till a next shot of better tech arrives. I have like 30-40 years to get rich. In a long game you play long, esti bro

>If
We won't.

Remember, Christians, read your bible at least once a day!

Attached: IMG_2841.jpg (533x541, 53K)

No. Its proven that young blood injections from donors SIGNIFICANTLY make you younger. Just injections. There are also substances that "repair" telomeres, but they werent tested. You just need to stopagi g then reinivgorate yourself like a molochian vampire using third world cheap willing stok

wormholes to another universe, beeouch! check and mate.

All I want out of life is to live to see our inevitable forced evolution to beings that are unknowable, time-and-space-transcending aliens from our current point of view. Is that too much to ask?

Attached: alen.png (1920x1080, 1.03M)

>implying there aren't shittonns of methane hydrate to compensate.

I had this dillema 10 years ago. There are only 2 logical paths in life:
1) You dedicate your life to uncovering biological immortality and hope you can do so or contribute in some way before it is too late for you, otherwise you wasted your time.
2) You indulge in doing whatever it is you think will bring you enjoyment in life, just accepting the fact that it will one day be over
Everything else like muh white race, muh children, muh heaven is a meme. This is the most important problem of all, it's the reason they mummified important people in ancient times and the reason religions were created. We finally have a real chance to conquer mortality but we're too busy investing in bullshit. The only rational solution against nihilism is age extension.

Yeah, but The Supernatural is real and reincarnation seems legit though?

That looks like such a scam.

> Clinical trials in 5 years

Yet, there are no primary research articles on in vitro or animal models on that page to support that such medicines exist.

lmaoing @ your ability to be conned and @ your lyfe

That has zero to do with DNA repair.

Next step would be figuring out how to stop the heat death of The Universe.

But we're assuming a lot of things here, religion isn't just "a coping mechanism" if you're trying to explain WTF is going on you'll end up being religious no matter what since it all comes down to blind faith anyway. Reincarnation seems legit to me, it explains life being so trivial since "this is just another incarnation".

Well, yes. Its about keeping your old body in working order(reinvigoration) so long to survive another tech jump. Like taking clean dna from your clones or just outright jumping bodies.

One day you'll be God too and everything right? can you even prove the Earth isn't flat 100% with no ambiguity?

Such utter pretense, Science is a religion like all others. It only partly explains life.

Live forever because reasons because VANITY.

Go figure.

It's all vanity.

Life is apparently a complete joke and a very cruel and malicious one at that.

It's all just the 7 sins, you say this that the other but then go back to indulging as much as you can get away with of the 7 sins.

It all comes down to you and your ego if God isn't real, it's complete vanity and nothing but vanity. Nobody/nothing should be taken seriously if God isn't real, it's all a joke.

>Remember, Christians, read your bible at least once a day!
Also remember to suck a nigger cock at least twice that much.

Life is for unaware malicious narcissists, the more genetically and financially privileged the bigger the capacity to delude themselves that "there's something going on" when in reality, apparently, it's just a bunch of mindless low IQ retards at the bottom of the pyramid and malicious evil fucks at the top and there is no God and it all dies in the end.

I don't want the privileged Elites to win the game of life and live forever and stop the heat death of The Universe somehow, i want to be one of them. Well yeah, but actually no, i just want life to not be a horrifying joke and for there to be some meaning and Divine Order of Things.

I'm assuming a lot of course.

You okay, user?
Looks like you're having an existential crisis or something

If not The Bible then your Science religion which is really just a form of Paganism, strange how it always ends upgiving reality supernatural undertones in sciencetalk.

Shut the fuck up you mindless retard.

I wish I was 17 again

You obtuse mongoloid.

It's a pipe dream, you probably get all your information from facebook links and blogs.

The utter pretense of you effete little faggots, i bet you've never even gone through an "unironically worshipping Satan" face.