Mars

Even if we terraformed Mars, why would anyone want to go there? It's a totally empty world.

Attached: Wet-Mars.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

hou.usra.edu/meetings/V2050/pdf/8250.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

did your nuke work? or did you just make a bunch of xeon and potentially ruin our atmosphere?

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise a kid- in fact it's cold as hell. And there's no-one there to raise them, if you did.

Bots

Oh no no no... I'm a rocket man

No niggers

Gravity prohibits “terraforming Mars”. It could be a planet to go to die, but not one to have kids.

fpbp

Most people spend 90% of their time within two spots.

If vr keeps improving we can just live underground

If we spent half the time and money terraforming Mars that we do helping the Jews destroy civilization, the planet would be Miami Beach despite it not having a magnetic field

The atmosphere will leave the planet. Mars lost most of it already due to the lack of a molten core. Living underground is the best option.

WTF I love Mars now

Well shit, lets make our own magnetic field

This. It'll be the greatest engineering project of the 22nd century.

People who go there for long won't ever be able to come back because of bones changing with lesser gravity

Theoretically doable, Jow Forums space colony when?
hou.usra.edu/meetings/V2050/pdf/8250.pdf

Fuck Mars, what about Trappist 1 or Proxima Centauri

You would have created your own galaxy from scratch

>Hurr durr let's abandon the Solar System when we rely on the Earth for every resource that isn't dead.

If you cannot achieve anything in your society, mars would be your chance to change that. The economy growth would not be saturated there, so you have opportunites to improve your social status. Then there are areas which need to be settled onto to increase the population size to meet the demand of workers of the growing economy. This would be your chance to have your own property.

>why would anyone want to go there? It's a totally empty world.

BINGO!

This is the correct answer.

Well the solar system is fucked in 1 billion years. Every rocky planet and moon would be uninhabitable.

And during that time we can build up the foundations to colonize other planets. Wanting to go now is like swimming to Antartica because global warming is going to kill everyone.

Sun eventually expands and scorched earth, Mars is far enough that it could be a new earth. Also, I doubt it’s possible to create a full pseudo earth on mars since no ocean and no moon

Came here to say this.

I would for this reason alone

You can create a new nation there, hopefully better.

>cold as hell

Attached: 1554670653417.jpg (200x313, 10K)

Mars has 2 moons. The ocean would gorm after terroforming

I would go. I have nothing going on here. At least I could actually do something meaningful there. Progress science, help build a new society, etc.

Those "moons" are just asteroids. Their gravitational pull is very weak.

>Buying into the hell is hot meme.
Satan is trapped half frozen in a lake of the coldest ice retard.

moons is definitely a crapshoot here, even if those crashed into mars it would be pretty insignificant

This proposal strikes me as intriguing. Its the first that I've heard the use of remotely positioned magnetic shielding via a magnetotail. (The fact that they refer to their own idea as "fanciful" should be telling)
Theoretically possible? Sure.
Physically viable? Eh, thats really hard to say with this kind of thing. The power alone required to generate a magnetic field that large is going to be significant simply to to the exponential nature of magnetic forces. While they don't give any numbers for power, and i'm too lazy to crunch numbers right now, it should be theoretically achievable nonetheless, with both nuclear and static solar panels springing to mind as good, simple (use of term relative to alternatives) solutions. You'll still start running into a huge number of issues as you scale up both in regards to physical durability and maintenance among other things. That's not to say it CAN'T be done, just that it'd be really really fucking hard to pull off.
I'd pity the project manager in charge of that.
novel idea nonetheless though.
>t. mildly drunk spacecraft engineer

Attached: 1514694275030.jpg (657x527, 53K)