What happened to CB radio

it was the epitome of whiteness only white people used it and still use it for communications today the number of people using CB radio has dropped dramatically over the past decade
other than the "superbowl channel" used by degenerates people are very polite and almost always white

Attached: yhjdghk.jpg (300x232, 11K)

bump

How about you get your technicians license and join the rest of us in the 21st century.

"OI YU GUT A LOICENSE FOR DAT MATE"

My uncle in law is into it
Shit's expensive

you can get a cobra cb radio for like 50 bucks and another 50 bucks for an antenna

Do people other than truck drivers use CB? I have that exact same model in my truck, I don’t even think Cobra sells any of their products anywhere other than truck stops.

Still use CB radios in my industry. In fact, it's a requirement to have trucks equipped with them.

Maybe im getting it mixed up with shortwave transmissions

i think you can get them at walmart otherwise you could find any model you want on amazon

Off road guys.

probably cb is pretty cheap if you want to go that route

we should take over channel 14 as the channel for white supremacy

Yes. Gravel quarries use them also. They could upgrade to a better communications system, but they still need a standard method of communication with outside trucks too, and only CB allows for this.

Bruce Ohr's wfie is really into it.

Was popular here way back, dont think anybody uses it now?

On the discussion of Radio, I saw some anons a couple of nights ago discussing the prospect of decentralized information using ham radios. Not just for voice communication, but using the wave to piggy back digital information such as text (though things like full files would be too large I imagine)

Pretty interesting concept

thats cool how do they plan on doing that ?

We must secure this channel for our people and a future for white children.

FUCKING DO THIS WE MUST SECURE CHANNEL 14 FOR THE EXISTENCE OF OUR RACE

The proof of concept has already been done, I think there is a few vids about it on Youtube

The real hurdle I think would be that enough people would need to adopt it for it to even be considered viable, then have the appropriate software that is easy to use to interact with it, and whether or not some frequencies are legal to use, etc. There are a few hurdles if someone just wants to do some decentralized shitposting.

whats a good 2-way radio that isnt chinese shit and doesnt cost hundreds of dollars?

They are all made in China.

is the Mtx9250 MTX 9250 and good

Get your tech license and we could use 148.8Mhz

lol

Check out Yaesu.

Best place to start for getting into CB?

radios, getting a license. shit like that.

you should probably get one made for your vehicle and you can modify it for in home use if you want

That's a trunked radio. Still made in China, but only something that business/government would generally run.

>I got an idea. Why don't we do this. If I say go to channel 21, forget it. We ain't goin' to 21, we'e going to 19. If I say got to channel 6, forget it. We go to 3. And if I say go to channel 2, we're gonna go to channel 1. That'll confuse 'em.

Attached: smokeybandit_031pyxurz.jpg (1600x863, 176K)

let me be a tremendous faggot and ask: a hand-held 2 way radio for mountain climbing, etc. do I have a VHF or UHF radio?

You're thinking of ham radio

No license needed for CB (citizens band). Only advice is check SWR before using it or you could fry your radio.

You mean packet radio?That's been a thing for a while now

Could be both.

k, thanks. im checking out this Yaesu VX-10/VX-10U 450-485mhz UHF
LMJ?

>license
lol

um, cellphones

Get one with both like the Ft-60.

>cellphones
absolutely degenerate

only spics and rednecks use it.
get a fucking vhf/uhf

>superbowl channel

Mobile phones and GPS.

I am going to get a HAM license but I also have CBs laying around, unfortunately nobody else has.

Young people are not interested, they don't even understand the principle of talking on a certain frequency without pictures or video or text. I always have the same answer "my phone does better"

It's a dying hobby here although license numbers are increasing in the US IIRC, maybe because of preppers or you guys are more accustomed to it.

prospects of ww3 have that affect

also i think the fun of it is talking to random people i like to think of it as the radio version of Jow Forums

Or better yet, just get the Baofeng Bf-f8hp and the programming cable (sold separately). It gets UHF, VHF, GMRS, FRS, and MURS. You will be out $80 and can figure out where you want to go from there. The program for setting up the radio is called chirp it is free.

from what i've read all over is Baofeng has transmitting problems

You'll find that there's nobody to talk to.

The cobra 148GTL-DX MK2 was a dream rig. Power, expandability and tough as iron. God I miss those days... Comfy as fuck.

I have maxon portable somewhere in the garage and cobras in my trail rigs. I need to get off my ass and get into shortwave.

>other than the "superbowl channel"
NO EXCUSES ON DAH BOWL

I don't think the niggers on that channel actually talk to anyone, they just carry on with their ooga booga bullshit for hours on end.

I've always said CB is the radio equivalent of Jow Forums. If you're in an area where there's a lot of activity then it can be pretty entertaining.

It's $65.

I have a little handheld cb job. I take it out and every now and then can find a person or two out there.

Nampa, idaho btw

>I've always said CB is the radio equivalent of Jow Forums

Attached: Screenshot_20190608-024454.png (1200x1920, 343K)

i understand, and that kinda goes back to my original question about non-chinese shit that isn't super expensive

>non-chinese shit

Attached: 1556796656559.jpg (1041x1125, 69K)

Channel 6 is known as the "superbowl channel".

Yes on channel 6, especially during skip, you will hear people on there, mainly black people. They run tens of thousands of watts of power and big antennas on their Suburbans and such.

Their name of the game is "more power" and "how far can this radio get out/who can hear me?". Unfortunately they also happen to bleed a cross several channels in doing so. So you can be on channel 9 and still hear them. That's one of the reasons why high power and linear amps are so frowned upon on the CB, is because of what goes on, on channel 6...and 7...and 8...and 9...and 5...and 4...and 3....and 2....and it's the same person who has managed to exceed past the bandwith.

I believe some of them also compete in "keydown" competitions, in seeing who's got the biggest baddest radio. And yes sometimes they talk fast and with a bunch of gibberish. I don't know why, must just to be a nuisance to others.

Yaesu FT-60R

Some of your amped up CB Negroes actually manage to skip up here...

was just looking at that LOL

Well, I am listening regularly and there's a lot of people. Old people, italians and germans mostly.
Also I don't know for the US but politics are forbidden on HAM bands here.
Anyway, it seems fun and I like tinkering with electronics so I'll try, I know two or three guys around that are into that too, helpful for a beginner.

back in the day I had a redneck buddy who had one in his pickup to talk to truckers about traffic and shit. but considering waze, jewgle & 3/4/5g are much more efficient, why the fuck would you even want one of these? is it like grindr for the maga crowd?

radio version of Jow Forums hearing actual peoples voices are entertaining instead of looking at a screen and reading text

I can understand... In North America, CB and Shortwave is essentially dead. Europe seems to utilize these bandwidths more. Perhaps due to a higher concentration of people in a smaller area.

Here in the USofA we have freedom of speech. So no, it's not verboten.

Kek does anyone have recordings of this??

>Nampa, idaho btw

you kinda need it, with you being in the middle of nowhere and there being large areas of zero cell reception.

I fucked a Rosie type girl from Nampa once... heh
Rosie like as in she ain't exactly pretty, ain't exactly small

yeah just go youtube cb radio superbowl

I do! US Amp Negroes will fade in and out, but at times skip is loud and clear!

Will get around to uploading it when I'm not feeling lazy.

Would be low bandwidth and most likely illegal.

I am aroused now.

If they ever ban Jow Forums, everyone get on CB and HAM radios

Attached: wojak power brain.png (372x300, 77K)

durrr

muh cb will communicate from australia to people all over the world

brainlet.jpg

you don't need technician license for CB radio. Only for ham and even then it's very easy to get one. CB is active, lots of hookers and truckers talking non stop though.

The fuck you know about propagation, nigger?

Ham radio is Trump country.
Political discussion is fine but the FCC does prohibit obscenity on ham bands.