Catholicism is bas

irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/pope-approves-changes-to-the-lord-s-prayer-to-clarify-temptation-reference-1.3917530?utm_referrer=https://zen.yandex.com&mode=amp

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-08-03-29-13.png (1440x2880, 977K)

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=Fd0CAAAAQAAJ
unbound.biola.edu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>lead us not into temptation
means asking God not to let us get into a situation where our own hearts will be tempted.

>" There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

So this idiot Bergoglio should have prayed "Lord, please don't le me become pope because I will be tempted to do stupid blasphemous things like change the Bible" but he didn't and got the job and now he's making an ass of himself.

but deliver us from the evil of vatican 2

Confirmed Pope does not love Jesus Christ:

>" Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me." John 14:23-24

He altered Christ's words so he doesn't love Jesus Christ.

>" If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha." 1 Corinthians 16:22

That's still changing the original saying of the prayer and neither the bishop of Rome (as I refer to the pope because he is a bishop) or any eccommenical or ecclesiastical council or synods have no right to make decisions on changes to already established doctrines.

>established doctrines.
No, it's not about that, it's about changing Christ's words in the Holy Bible. He gave the words to say, they can't be changed by anybody.

>" After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Matthew 6:9-15

>" And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil." Luke 11:1-4

One of the very few good things he made
it used to be
>e non indurci in tentazione
meaning: don't tempt us
now it is
>e non lasciarci indurre in tentazione
meaning: don't let us fall to temptation

it sounded as if God was the one tempting you

That's a very big gray area to change and mess with Christ's words so change it to say something Christ never said. I can expect this cancerous shit from the Protestant, especially the restorationist cults like seventh day adventists, Jehovah's witnesses, Mormons, and Christian sciencists but I never thought the Catholic Church would stoop this low to change 2000 years of tradition of reciting the Lord's prayer, regardless of what some interpret the Lord's prayer.

Don't you realize that it's shit like this that caused Rome to break away from orthodoxy in 1054 AD? what's to stop the Roman Catholic church from becoming a degenerate liberal lgbtq organization now?

>but deliver us from the evil of vatican 2

The Roman Catholic church was already corrupt way before Vatican 2. Look at 1054 AD.

>modifying the english translation to be more clear is wrong!

Yeah, because the King James Version fell out of the sky, given to us by God himself.

Keep seething over nothing, Proddies.

It doesn't matter what the prayer sounds to you, nobody on Earth has their right to change it.

he's correcting the translation

DAILY REMINDER THE POPE IS A ZIONIST SATANIC PUPPET AND WIELDS SATANIC ITEMS ON A DAILY BASIS. WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Translation from what language?

Member when church folks used to be true conservatives? What happened to the catholic church? Were they purposely infiltrated by pedos (and now uber liberals) in order to subvert and discredit the faith? Wtf happened?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
Not again...
This causes borderline physical pain as a TradCat.

>Member when church folks used to be true conservatives?

As far as I understand, the only true conservative christians are eastern orthodox and Oriental orthodox christians since they don't fuck with doctrine established by the early church fathers from ecclesiastical council's like in nicea in 325 AD.

What happened to the catholic church? Were they purposely infiltrated by pedos (and now uber liberals) in order to subvert and discredit the faith? Wtf happened?

1054 AD happened.

Any ancient Greek linguists here that can speak more about the accuracy of the translation?

Somebody on /his/ gave his impression on the proposed meaning change, and it effectively changes up to down, in the literal ancient Greek sense of meaning. From Heavenly to Satanic, figuratively. Pope Francis is a false prophet.

from latin you dumb fucking mutt

Fuck it boys time to revert to Sol Invictus

I thought the text was originally in Greek?

They were infiltrated by Jewish 'converts' I.e. the merranos (apparently the Borgia pope was a crypto). And then post-Vatican II the masons basically subverted the shit out of it

by catholic standards the original greek and the latin vulgate compiled by St. Jerome are both considered perfectly acceptable source material for translations

This guy knows. White Catholic Germanics knew well of the Turk/Arab/Muslim threat and decided to ignore it and openly battle against their fellow Christians and make them a target of Turk/Arab/Muslim expansion nevertheless.

>don't let us fall to temptation
Wrong. That would mean it is God's fault that you sin. It isn't. It is your responsibility to not fall into temptation. The prayer "lead us not into temptation" is asking for a modest life that doesn't afford opportunities to be enticed by luxury and easy sin.

*Protestant Time*

Orthodox are pagan-tier idolaters and total hypocrites - they make Catholics look sane by comparison.

>latin vulgate compiled by St. Jerome
Unreliable. It is not the original old latin.

So then Pope is not Catholic, but Protestant.
Mystery solved.

Is the Catholic Church still selling passes to heaven? Asking for a friend.

yes
Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus

There are mistranslations in the Latin Vulgate. Off the top of my head, Jerome mistranslated 'metanoia" to mean "penance" when it really means "repent".

I must've missed this concept in the Scripture lol.

>Ecclesiam
Jesus listed 7 churches in Revelation 2-3

Attached: 1556443670440.jpg (1024x576, 287K)

I'm surprised prots still like to shit on them, even though he's following their mindset ('following Christ should go according to MY interpretation, tradition and reality be damned)' to a tee.

luckily for you two the exact limits of the 'church' is not definitvely known, so there is a chance for you boys, but i would go and get baptised (or to confession) quick.

>the latin vulgate compiled by St. Jerome
>There are mistranslations in the Latin Vulgate of Jerome
>Unreliable. Jerome's version is not the original old latin.
Can we have a fucking american boomercaust right now please?
NIGGERS, learn a fucking thing or two before spouting bullshit.
We do NOT have Jerome's translation, first of all. And second of YES, it would be the original latin translation.
The Sixto-Clementine is the one all catholics should read (even though it's no longer the canonical one) and that you should be criticizing

Some reading for you:
books.google.com/books?id=Fd0CAAAAQAAJ

Attached: 1551688945862.png (1920x1080, 168K)

that is pitiful. i am actually genuinely full of pity for my poor benighted brothers in christ stumbling about in the dark. some book by smoeone called richard paul blackney. O my poor heart!

Attached: 1557644408736.jpg (4512x3008, 1.87M)

Fucking based

>this is what muttstians actually believe

Attached: 61608105_10156458440078042_3170406697399222272_n.jpg (472x480, 31K)

>"St. Gabriel, Fool for Christ, became famous when he set fire to a banner depicting Vladimir Lenin during an International Workers' Day parade in downtown Tbilisi, Georgia, in 1965. He was arrested, tried, ruled to be psychotic, and confined to a mental hospital for seven months"

>During the Demonstration, the government speakers and the speaker’s rostrum stood there. Behind them, on the building of the Executive Committee of the Communist Party, there always hung portraits of the party leaders in full figure, two floors in height. At the peak of the demonstration, when the square was packed with people and while a member of the government was delivering a speech, suddenly a portrait of Stalin burst into flames. Fr. Gabriel had gained entrance to a window and poured kerosene on the back of the portraits and then set them on fire.”

>“Some things, of course, have been enshrouded by legend; but he burned the portraits. Lenin’s portrait burned immediately, too. Horror came over the square, they all froze and from fear and everything became still. While the pictures of the leaders were in flames, from the second floor window, Fr. Gabriel gave a sermon: “The Lord said, ‘Thou shalt not make unto thee idols, or any graven images… Thou shalt not bow down before them nor serve them for I am the Lord your God, Thou shalt have no other Gods!’ (Exodus 20:3-5). People, come to your senses! The Georgians have always been Christians! So why are you bowing down before Idols? Jesus Christ died and rose again… But your cast idols will never be resurrected. Even during their life they were dead…”

Sounds like a real Christian.

You're translating it from aramaic, so whether you want it or not, you already changed it.

Why do people still suffer this heretic

That is an accurate translation of the original prayer though

You are on your way to hell. Go ask your Greek neighbors what the Textus Receptus says.

Attached: 1558841074945.jpg (250x245, 8K)

How close are the Croats to establishing their own Orthodox Church, at this point? What do Croatian Catholics generally think of Antipope (Antichrist?) Francis?

There won't be any separation, croats will remain catholic they will just keep ignoring the dipshit in charge

>don't let us fall to temptation
Yeah, it's like that in Spanish. Maybe it's the cultural shock in the translations.

I agree with him in this, though, God is the way, the temptation is not in the way.

>natsoc
>you're on your way to hell
all *clap* protestants *clap* are *clap* anti *clap* christian *clap*

go here anons:
unbound.biola.edu/
>compare the latin vulgate and maybe douay-rheims side-by-side
>put the latin into a latin translator
>see what comes out
lead us not into temptation

Attached: 1538264397582.jpg (852x854, 47K)