A football field-sized asteroid could hit Earth this year

An asteroid, known as 2006 QV89, with a diameter wider than a football field has a roughly 50/50 chance of hitting the Earth later this year.

It will or it won't

Attached: Asteroid.jpg (1200x715, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/65672-asteroid-could-hit-earth-in-september.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meh, there is only like 10% of the world's land mass I would care about being space nuked.

The picture you are showing is CGI because every picture of space is CGI. If there were an actual picture of this asteroid it would be a pencil point of light amid a field of pencil points of light because space as you know it only exists in your imagination because space is fake and gay.

I'm gonna go with no impact this year.

South america rolls

Fake news. Fuck off with your weak asteroid larps.
Sage

>2006 QV89,
>50/50
More like 1 in 7000, lol. This asteroid is going to fly 4 million miles from earth, a real "close call".

No shit lol fucking burger

> 50/50

Bullshit.

livescience.com/65672-asteroid-could-hit-earth-in-september.html

Not sure anyone was duped into thinking that is a real picture.
Also, if space ia fake, then, literally what the fuck do you think is up there, and what do you call it?
Space deniers are the dumbest spawn of man right with flat earthers. Space is space, its a name for whats "out there," how do you deny a black void with white dots as fake?

These threads again?

If you take extreme traveling distance and speed, a simple change in a tenth of a degree of heading would change its course by more than 4 million miles. In the grand scheme of things and in comparison to the vastness of space, 4 million miles is nothing when your target (Earth) is 196 million miles ^2

>American education everyone
No shit burger

>b- b- but 1/7000= 50/50%

Attached: 1549052259081.jpg (645x968, 153K)

dude its 1 in 7000 not 50/50 idiot fuck off fear merchant

Attached: 9BB4FDB8-C06E-4E20-A4C7-745DA89FA5D2.png (1119x1043, 112K)

So many articels about X hitting the earth or promises about the end of the world in 20xx but nothing ever happens! Kys you retrads!!
Wake me up, when it really happens, you nutjobs.

Attached: IMG_8196.jpg (525x525, 35K)

nothing ever happens

Agreed, but given our ability to detect such an occurrence, if the odds of a hit became higher, we would undoubtedly be able to alter the object's trajectory in a similar fashion.

Stop making us look bad

Source, my ass

Absolutely, OP. Your evidence is irrefutable. The 17 other asteroids that were supposed to hit us this year so far were obvious bullshit. Your one is special though. You did the right thing by posting the conclusion to your research on Jow Forums. Thank you, OP.

Dave Bowman is the source.

It will or it won't. Everything that could be is 50/50.
Flip a coin if you don't believe me.

Attached: 2001.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

This. Just imagine how little tenth of a degree is. One human could achieve that just by touching the asteroid,

Rollin' for impact in the land formerly know as germany

Good.

i may win the lottery

but I may not

Q

If I get double digits it will hit Tel-Aviv directly.

Attached: tumblr_njb3szFVDB1tdyqk1o2_500.jpg (392x640, 226K)

Stop stealing my impact

done

>an asteroid will be traveling RELATIVELY close to Earth!
>IT COULD HIT US IF YOU DON'T GIVE US MORE MONEY

swear to god we hear this crap like 3 times a year.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Attached: dedniggas.jpg (315x335, 19K)

Attached: 1551568162516.jpg (320x283, 29K)

>50/50
>it will or it wont
thats not how odds work brainlet

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: chad dive.webm (480x600, 659K)

Allah be praised.

kek..again already
aren't you tired yet

Attached: 1538774042824.jpg (592x436, 18K)

The target

Attached: Map Israel Today.jpg (960x1981, 209K)

How do you imagine this asteroid is going to change it's course by a tenth of a degree - which would have to be in exactly the right direction.

inshallah brother, soon the sadness and chaos will be over

Yeah you also need this random change of direction to be in EXACTLY the right direction. One minute of arc either way and it misses earth by even more.

A planet killer, or almost, is about to hit us. And that's OK nature follow her own rules, there's nothing you can do. I don't mean this tiny rock you refer to.

Attached: 1518209397532.jpg (750x730, 51K)

Gone of Climate Change, have you?

Attached: 1543713580484.png (476x357, 238K)