Jow Forums career counseling: trades, careers, self improvement

can we get a productive thread going for once? i always see people shilling "learn a trade". i feel like if we compiled a copypasta list of trades that would really help younger anons out when trying to find something to make a living

post your ideas for redpilled careers, jobs, and trades and ill make a copy pasta with infographics for anons at the end of the thread, which can be reposted by everyone for eternity to help the NEETs and zoomers

post your experiences if you are in certain trades or professions so other anons know a bit about the job.

Attached: 1559716028941.jpg (300x300, 69K)

Be an accountant, it’s fun.

Electricians made a median salary of $54,110 in 2017. The best-paid 25 percent made $71,430 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $40,320.

Average Electrician Hourly Pay
$21.50

Electricians work for a wide variety of companies, perform a multitude of tasks that generally require close attention to detail and good judgment, and have a journeyman electrician's license. These licenses typically require four years of apprentice work. That time includes some classroom instruction and a good deal of actual fieldwork. Certain states and companies may require a master electrician's license, which entails several more years of experience working as a journeyman.
Electricians …Read more
Electrician Tasks
Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all power generation and distribution equipment.
Study and understand electrical schematics.
Assist in performing and interpreting power calculations, power factor, insulation tests and positive relay tests as required.
Perform daily inspections and maintenance on electrical equipment.

Attached: electrician.jpg (850x450, 101K)

Neet here, help me out

Automotive electrician and module reprogramming techs. 1/3 mechanics cant read

Teacher. Redpill youth. Everything else is waste of time.

Busdrivers make 40 an hour top pay and ot is 60. Wtf?

Rotary Drill Operators (Oil and Gas)

What Rotary drill operators Do
Set up or operate a variety of drills to remove underground oil and gas, or remove core samples for testing during oil and gas exploration. Excludes Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas.

Rotary drill operator Salaries
2014 employment: 27,700
May 2015 median annual wage: $54,310

Job Outlook for Rotary drill operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:

Number of new jobs: 3,500
Growth rate: 13 percent (Faster than average)

How to Become a Rotary drill operator
Education and training:

Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
Work experience in a related occupation: None
Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training

Attached: img01-5-1024x512.jpg (1024x512, 125K)

this is sadly true. we need to take academia back, or at least dilute the absolute stranglehold the left has on education

Attached: 1559851373807.jpg (1700x1394, 603K)

Dont do this! Itll be a waste of time and effort. You will immediately be black listed from teaching if you are the slightest bit skeptical of globohomo. Also in America, there will ONLY be beaners in your classes.

So the best paid electrician makes less than me, a guy who looks at paperwork

lol $55k in oil and gas, moving from location to location wherever the drilling happens to be. when the rig shuts down due to low oil or gas prices you have no job. sounds sweet.

based thread

Find something you like that earns enough to pay the bills

Don't do something you hate because you will really regret it later

Attached: 1505010967910.png (2262x1596, 257K)

Aircraft Mechanic Careers

2. What is the average salary of an aircraft mechanic?
This field tends to pay very well for the amount of training time required. In fact, the median yearly wage for aircraft mechanics is more than $20,000 higher than the median wage for all occupations in the US. And many programs can be completed in less than two years.

In 2017, the median annual pay for aircraft mechanics and service technicians was $61,260. The highest earners in this trade (often those with the most experience) made over $92,080.* And some aviation mechanics also earn yearly bonuses.

Working on a variety of aircraft, including jets, helicopters, and propeller-driven aircrafts
Choice to work in private, corporate, or government sectors
Options to work in hangars, on airfields, and/or in specialized repair stations
Opportunity to merge technology with physical work
Even with this amount of variation, the day-to-day responsibilities of most aircraft mechanics have plenty of similarities. Here's what you could expect to be taking care of in this career:

Visual examination and inspection of most components of the aircraft.
Diagnosis/troubleshooting.
Measurement of parts (for wear and tear).
Repair and inspection of multiple aircraft components such as wings, brake system, engine, air-conditioning systems.
Testing of multiple parts.
Maintaining records of maintenance and repair work.
4. Do I need certification to work as an aircraft mechanic?
Aircraft Mechanic SchoolsWhile not always required, certification can open the door to finding work with respected organizations and commanding a higher wage. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) offers several different licenses and certificates. Generally, possessing Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certification from the FAA is a good indicator to potential employers that you have the well-rounded knowledge and abilities needed to get the job done well.

Attached: aircraft-mechanic-info.jpg (200x300, 54K)

Always bump self improvement threads.

In general, a CNC machine definition includes any machine tool in the manufacturing industry that relies on digital instructions to control its movement. The most prominent examples of CNC machines are lathes and mills, but additional examples include routers, grinders, punch presses, and other industrial tools. CNC professionals most commonly work with metal, but they can also shape parts out of plastic, wood, and other materials.

Depending on their specific focus and level of experience, CNC machinists may also be known as:

CNC operators
CNC setup operators
CNC programmers
What Is the Work Like?
In essence, this field involves creating parts and instruments using computer-controlled tools. Precision machining tasks can be quite diverse—you could manufacture components for things like car engines, airplane gears, artificial hips, or computer keyboards.

Some typical job duties include:

Studying engineering blueprints, drawings, and specifications in order to plan machining processes
Interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T) for each job
Calculating feed rates and machine speeds
Writing and inputting computer commands to make a CNC lathe, mill, or other tool perform the desired operation
Setting tool offsets, registers, and conditional switches
Preparing and loading material into machines
Overseeing CNC turning, facing, drilling, and cutting processes
Verifying that sample pieces adhere to expected standards
Making necessary adjustments to ensure quality production
Sharpening tools, replacing worn out components, and performing other preventive maintenance to keep machines working efficiently
Following all safety protocols

Attached: machinist-training.jpg (320x213, 82K)

thanks i just want to help other anons out

International financiers have already broken everything down to the lowest common denominator.

So go sit in your cage under the camera 50 weeks a year and keep your mouth shut. You may as well make friends with Ahmed, Enrique and Jamal because one day you will all be fighting over the same dead rat for food.

Attached: ssdee.jpg (600x600, 72K)

Just get into comp sci or IT. Everything is going to be automated anyway.

t. Not an IT/Comp Sci guy who regrets not going into IT/Comp Sci

Give selflessly and ask nothing in return

and don't fuck a dudes asshole
/thread

Attached: 90604B6B-A35C-4BC4-857E-71356D08AFF8.jpg (960x711, 43K)

Tradies are the niggers of the industry.
>lmao not my job cunt
>lol client won't see it, she'll be right
>muh union, gib more gibs
>steal from clients
>go on strike when there's no toilet paper
>get weather allowance for rainy days, but stop working after a few sprinkles

Tradies are the reason why nobody wants to hire local tradies and would prefer immigrants who can barely speak English. Better work ethic, better quality of work, less whinging, and less dodgy bullshit.

>i always see people shilling "learn a trade"

The Trades-meme is a subversive, long-term campaign by Jews to convince white men to flood into the bottom-caste of society where they earn just enough to be happy, but not enough to control their countries.

It's been stunningly effective.

Never forget that it was (((Hollywood and the music industry))) that shilled trades for the better part of five decades. Jow Forums is so indoctrinated in the Jewish trades-meme it just destroys them to admit how badly they've been RUSED and how they've absolutely JUSTed themselves out of their own countries.

...Can you imagine being so fucking stupid as to think running a plumbing company is going to give you more power than becoming a founder of a tech or media company? Imagine the collective idiocy it takes to fall for something so basic and fundamental as to think you'll be powerful by becoming a working-class slob. I still can't wrap my head around it.

tldr: white men fucked themselves by falling for the greatest Jewish scheme of all time: the trades.

Attached: m-muh tradez!.jpg (782x439, 54K)

Bump
Get useful skills at community college
First year business courses like accounting, marketing, etc are a good idea. You can learn various trades and skills from cooking to welding there as well. Make connections with other students in these classes and find synergistic interests and skills.
The future is small communities of like minded men and their families. We need to be owning businesses and employing our allies. Growing our own food and bringing it to market. Building things together.
Imagine hundreds of little communities of people like this all over the country, how hard they would be to control or oppress.

Attached: 1560007847946.jpg (1024x1016, 246K)

A lot of jobs will not, at least soon. And unless you are 130+ iq with solid math background, in comsci your job will be automated first.

t. software developer without math background

this is an excellent idea

absolutely true. I never hire white tradies for anything. They'll rip you off every fucking time and they're always looking for ways to sue the business owner into oblivion over nothing.

Thnx for the tip man

imagine if plumbers just decided to stop servicing facebook and google buildings

we need a secret signal so we can recognize each other in the wild. like a salute or something

>Automotive electrician and module reprogramming techs
How did you get this position? Did you have to become a regular mechanic first? I have some automotive experience but left the industry. I know most mechanics are shit at electrical repair. How could I go back and specialize in this?

lots of mechanical shit in cars is controlled by a computer these days, so being able to program or diagnose and troubleshoot the onboard computer is a useful skill . im not sure how to specialize in it, i imagine theres classes or you would have to learn from working at the dealerships

im guessing most onboard vehicle comptuers are proprietary to the brand. so just because you konw how to read and program a honda computer doesnt mean you know how to fix the same issues in a ford computer

We should all learn Hebrew that why we can recognize each other as well as infuriating the jew and infiltrating him. If people did this IRL the jewish paranoia might drive them over the edge

Profession, not a trade. What a moron.

I want to go back to college. whats the best degree to get for a comfy job making 7 figs?

electrician is hard work, and no one will hire to be a helper unless you join the union

would not recommend

Become a roofer or carpenter. Good money and once you learn the trade you always have a job.

Also, in terms of experience and getting started, bring donuts and coffee to a job site and just ask if they need help. It was literally how i got started.

Wow, the codefags have figured out how to automate cabinetry installation, and tile installation, as well as electricians, plumbers and finish carpenters?

the problem is you probably don't have the math skills to get into something lucrative. If you're decently smart just open a massage parlour and pray you don't get shot by niggers in a robbery.

Ask Micheal Avenati?

not yet but im sure they will in a couple hundred years

Attached: terminator.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 98K)

Sales, get to practice social skills and eventually you can bullshit your way into anything with enough experience. Make sure it's inside sales or B2B though

I want to fuck Raphiel.

I am an accountant, would recommend polacks get into this if you have the aptitude. Much better salary than the trades and fairly easy to get to a position where you have a lot of power in the company.

Also, it probably suits a lot of people here as you are on a computer most of the time and don’t have to talk to others too much and a bit of tism is practically a requirement

Don’t know the route in other countries but in U.K.: do a degree in finance or accounting then study with ACCA or CIMA. Or do AAT instead of degree if you want to work at same time.

Business with an MBA. Fiance isnt seven figures but she is appraoching six now. Ironically my degree in computer science doesn't pay enpugh so i do roofing. Start on a stick roof getting paid 110$ a square andyou never look back.

Nigger rounder upper and hanger

Oh yea user import more foreign tradies. Ive seen their worth ethic. Haha
Feet dragging and limp wrists

will vouch for this, if you have the ‘gift of the gab’, ie are good at talking and are personable you can get very good money in sales, I see a lot of the salaries at my place and the sales guys get ridiculous salaries and huge bonuses.

if you’re a woman

UPS 100k free healthcare. pension. 401k

That's not the point you retarded cuck, if you want to reduce immigration find out why your country wants them to begin with. When your in-house tradesmen act like niggers, the demand goes up for those who are glad to do the job and are thankful for the opportunity.

Ask me how i know youve never even dealt with tradespeople? Bet youre some cunt paperpusher with a shitty art degree thinking u deserve more pay than the people actually bringing in the money.

Anyone here have experience In the military? Did your job/GI bill help out on the civillian side?
>inb4 die for Israel
Obviously I dont have to go combat MOS, but I've got no real direction or options right now, it's seeming like my only choice.

>t. triggered tradesnigger
Because I am in the actual industry you double nigger, kys, you are the reason why your country isn't white

sales of what? what does your company sell

Sure man, enjoy your shitty paper pushing wage while the real men work. Also remember. Most pajeets go into the paper pushing and not the trades ;)

Did six years as a navy corpsman. Some of the best times of my life, almost nothing felt better than hearing the ddogs call me doc.

>while real men do the work
>oh no is that a droplet? Nope can't work anymore but pls pay my whole shift
>10kg bag? Better get a forklift
We all know Canada is just a gay USA

>Most pajeets
It's common knowledge here that Indians are the laziest brainlets out of all immigrants who can only do simple tasks like taxi driving and tending to petrol stations. They don't last in positions of any authority.

This. The long march.

What can I do to teach at an American University? I’m graduating in languages and literature

if some traded or skilled anons could give some sage advice would be very much appreciated
cryingapujasta.png

plumbing related at the minute but i’ve worked in other manufacturing companies and also financial services and it’s the same thing, as long as you are working for a company that makes something useful that people want the sales shouldn’t be too hard.

A lot of it seems to be wining and dining potential and existing customers to keep them sweet and get them to order more

Like I said i’m an accountant though so I would be uselsss at sales as i have the personality of an accountant.

And yet pajeets do your job paper pusher.
Best part about it is when theres layoffs, they tell you cunts to fuck off first, youre not needed.

Sheeeit bro not fucking here. They make like $18/hr maybe $25 tops.

Live on the edge user

>not my job
that’s my favorite one

There are bus drivers in Canada that make 200k.

No there isnt

Except I'm the one deciding who to sack. Your triggering is showing fren. You want respect back for trades, stop acting like a nigger and earn it back through actual work.

overtime. I know bus drivers personally in BC that are raking in serious dough.

Lmao all that power and still makes less money than the wagie tradie
Cuck

Theyre selling drugs man, highest paid bus drivers are in alberta with a median salary of 60k

>still make less money
Except when you're unemployed because of immigrants, then you go ree to unions for more gibs. Stay mad cunt

Afaik openings get posted publicly just like any other job.
>university of Michigan seeking literature instructor starting pay $47,699
etc.

Nah im not even a tradie, i m an engineer, but there is NOTHING worse than lower-middle management cunts that think they deserve something and power trip. Worst cunts. The tradies work hard and get shit done, you obviously havent done an ounce of productive labor in your life.

I went to over 9000 banks until one eventually gave me a loan.
I bought 10 vending machines mostly in parts putting them together myself as to keep price down
after 3-4 months I made all of my money back that i invested in the machines.
put everything on a spreadsheet.
kept doing that all year every month getting slightly better as i change out product that had little sale.
Went to bank showed all work got a bigger loan.
used said loan to buy old house in nice neighborhood.
Fixed up house did everything except electrical and other small things
put house up for rent
old rich fags rent it for wayyy too much
in a few years that house will be paid off
when that happens instead of paying off my loan im just going to get a bigger loan and invest in something else ive been thinking of buying land with water rights and selling bottled water to the leftist.
All of my friends from h.s. are either working in the service industry or have a career that they hate more than life.
I did all of this after being a neet for about 15 years.
I cant understand whats the problem with people just find someone to loan you money a bank a family member there's think tanks there are so many fucking people wanting to give money away AND IF YOU FAIL just yell "bankruptcy" and TRY AGAIN.
If i can do it anyone here can.

Attached: 1383991409473.png (597x590, 244K)

Godspeed user.

>perform a multitude of tasks that generally require close attention to detail and good judgment
well that's me fucked then

they also have a tendency to be dangerous drivers

(at least they do here)

>carpenter
Came here to post this.
- It has an artisan touch to it, so you can develop and maybe 'start a unique/creative thing'
- It is relaxing and you work with your body.
- You sweat a little and take breaks with colleagues.

If I had to choose again what trade to learn I'd do that. I'd also like to have a car shop for oldtimers. Also smith/weapon smith, forester, even farmer... man I'd prefer to do something with the elements or in nature...

Choose something that you can put your passion in. Something that puts food on the table but also where you can develop. Learn the basics, become a pro, show what you can contribute to the trade.

I got a math brain and am doing sys-admin and it's fine... better than coding. But had I to have a second shot at life I'd do one of those above.

>Drifted through college and graduated in 2008
Fuck
>Was an EMT through college for beer & gun money
>Became paramedic and lasted 5 years before burning out
>Slapped together a few wordpress sites and tricked a boomer into thinking I knew design and html
>Landed a front end dev job
>3 years later, started learning software, automated half my job
>Helped another dept
>Helped the 'offshore' dev team
>Up for a promotion for a programming job
It's not fun and it's been a hell of a journey. I'm not sure what I would have done differently, but I would have done things differently.
Currently $70k. Hoping to make it $80k next week.

Web development. Learn Golang. There's a ton of open jobs.

I make $140K/salary, 80% health care covered by the company, 6 weeks PTO, 401K matched up to 4% of salary, stock options, and enough free food to feed a small african nation.

I have no advanced degree, no student debt, and a net worth of ~600K. I'll be 30 in a few years.

I hope and pray you find life somewhere along the line, user.

Ur an idiot

Teaching is absolutely miserable work, at least in the US. I have a graduate degree, and I’ve taught everything from high school English to advanced academic writing at the university level.
Most of the faculty at most of the institutions I’ve worked at are brain-dead, conformist, lefty windowlickers. The students—even at the university level—are hideously stupid. The pay is absolutely atrocious, and the amount of work you have to do is outrageous.
It’s true that academic institutions have to be taken back if we’re to make any progress against cultural Marxism, but believe me when I say that teaching is absolutely soul-crushing work.

Attached: E45D4F72-CA74-4AD8-A5CE-39A8270CB520.gif (500x242, 900K)

i like this

I appreciate it. I've come to understand having a meaningful and fun career is new thinking - it would have never crossed the mind of a serf or coal worker. You get up, do your job, and that's that.
I'll be better once I get out of my current dept. Too many women and I stick out like a sore thumb b/c I want to do work - not talk about makeup and shopping.
I'm ok outside of work, I immerse myself in hobbies and have a wife who told me yesterday she was pregnant with another rugrat.

What kind of career could i get into up in the PNW with a history degree other then teaching?

I got you a redpilled csreet right here. Take the Martpill

Attached: 20190423_105332.jpg (4032x2268, 2.07M)

I was military, if you hsve a degree or can get into officer candidate scool, that’s where the money and easy work is at- be an officer. Unless you are infantry, artillery, or some other combat arms you will likely not be in a combat scenario. Pension if you stay in gi bill if you only do 3 years. Negotiate the fuck out of a sign on bonus, they are desperate for people and will sometimes even pay your student loans. Its a really good gig if you know what you are doing when you sign up.

I work as an electrician.
You wouldn't believe how stupid the guys I work with are. Literally all of them can't even wire a simple switch. They have no understanding of how electricity works, Even the old guys who know how to connect cabinets and shit don't know how or why it all works, they just kind of learned it by watching others. The moment a problem arises they stop dead.

I first went to a highschool that's like a precursor to studying electrical engineering and then in uni I was studying computer engineering, then I drop out and go to work as an electrician. Within like 3 months I was telling people what to do and how to do it, people that have more years of working as an electrician than I had years of living.

And it's like that in every company too, you have one or two guys that are there to think and then all the other guys are just legs and arms to be commanded. Read couple of books about electrical engineering and you'll understand electricity better than 90% of electricians do.

To put in context( my country often lies about average sallary so stuff you would read online means shit), the average here is like 300 euros realistically at best, most people my age work for like 250 euros a month. I make 850 euros on my job, plus my rent and transport is paid by the company(cause I live alone and not with all the other guys). So the only expense I have is a cellphone bill and food. When I find some work on my own I can make another 300 euros just fixing people's appliances and shit.

If you have more than 2 fucking brain cells, become an electrician, it's a smooth sailing.

What I do? I mostly draw where the traces and should go and so on, then I the other guys come in and make the traces(cable trays and clips and whatnot, lamps this and that) then I come in and cable lit(because non of them can read plans or SLD, they are literally that fucking retarded) and after all I come in and connect everything and start it up/test it.

Attached: 1548522526653.jpg (720x762, 43K)

At least it has great time off, a pension and benefits. I think its the only pension job on the planet where you get 4 months out of the year off.

I wanted to be an archaeologist. I balked thinking all the opportunities were gone, but I mistook all the (((red tape))) in building codes and how much people will invest to learn about their past once their ancestors are gone and they can't ask the questions they should have.
All you should need is a Masters. Maybe find a way to pay for it as a grad assistant.
Hey user, I've been thinking about you. Hope all is well - or at least your back is. Those girls and the tennis balls remind me too much of high school; and I've been equating public education lately with incarceration.
12+ years of government confinement to become fit for society. By being born, we get the sentence of a murderer.

That’s true; you get a lot of time off. But, believe it or not, the stress isn’t worth it. Until you’ve done it, it’s nearly impossible to imagine how awful it is. You need the time away from all the little imbeciles and coworkers by whom you’re surrounded; otherwise, you’d blow your brains out.
I’m really jaded and demoralized about the whole thing, so take what I’m saying with a grain of salt. But if I could go back, I would never have gone into teaching. I’m struggling desperately to find a new gig before I’m forced to go back next fall (and I’m teaching at the college-level, not even high school). I seriously wouldn’t recommend it.

Attached: 225E0036-4FF4-4A49-AE5E-3B671903991C.gif (300x230, 851K)

I'm half way through 2 year course for masseur. Employed ones can get ~550$ but with own business you can pull out something around ~1000-2000$. Minimum wage here is ~500$. Probably I would earn more abroad. What do you guys think about?

Thank you for your experience. I have a history degree but not sure how i want to use it. I got one year left on this teaching credential and considering saying fuck that and just teaching abroad for a year and/or just taking off to the PNW to start over. I'm in Los Angeles right now, as a White guy its driving me crazy here.

based serbian with an iq above 100, just that is an achievement

Try 6th grade science.