I work in AI and we are trying to put truck drivers out of work

I work in AI and our number one mission is to get rid of truck drivers. Our startup is actively working with Amazon and Amazon plans to become fully automated within 5 years.

A truck driver came into the office yesterday and started talking to me. He started crying like a bitch and saying "I'm not sure if I need to look for a new career or not in about 10 years". Haha. I told him "Nah, you're good man, AI ain't happening." I fucking lied right to his face on purpose because I want him to feel safe, just so he loses his job and is shit out of luck like the idiot he is. Mother fucker has 10 years to find a new career - I don't feel sorry for him. He can fuck right off. Fuck him. Stupid idiot. But I make sure to tell all the truckers that they are all safe and everything is going to be alright.

I legit enjoy seeing truckers get shitcanned and lose their jobs. They are a dangerous hazard to the streets and their meth-binges have destroyed too many lives. Either way, our startup is doing just fine and our Amazon contract works just fine. I just have one thing to say:

Truckers - you better get your lazy asses to start coding.

Attached: Can-Truckers-Use-Cell-Phones-e1516293729832.jpg (500x334, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencemag.org/news/2018/05/ai-researchers-allege-machine-learning-alchemy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fact that you think you can adequately control 80 thousand pound vehicles through mountains and snow with AI is so fucking funny. I hope this is a troll. If its not, you're a retard.

I have read sumthing about automated cars and trucks, but it seem there is a legal problem, when a car accident occur, who have to pay the damages: the car owner (who dindu nothing) or the AI programmers?

Fpbp

Thats cool.

You're always going to fail at this task because the infrastructure of our roads essentially makes AI driven machines impossible to coincide with human driven machines and complete removal of human driven machines is just not gonna happen..

Maybe in confined urban centers you can get that going but good like writing a program that can safely drive an 18 wheeler across North America without fucking up and killing someone in the process

They're gonna roll out entire new highway sections for automated trucks and make the trucks drive in convoys 30 at a time, with maybe one guy in the front row.

Truck driving is out buddy.

you will be killed by a driverless vehicle in your lifetime

That AI will put truckers out of a job is a fucking joke.

Trains have been pretty much self-driving for a long time now and you're still needing a conductor in every train. Trucks won't be driven solely by AI during our lifetimes, that's for sure.

Attached: 1438447699521.jpg (389x255, 27K)

One of these days karma will come to you and it' ll be you run over by a delivery truck.

Whoever developed the C programming language would be at fault

oh look its this dumb ass thread again

>shitthatneverhappened.exe

Nobody is replacing them so it makes sense. This is the last generation of truckers. The next one will be all automated. Robots are coming in fast!

You sound like a fucking fag. Cock up ze bum, ja?

Coders in one of the first jobs AI would replace.

So.. a train.. with less cargo space and every car in the line is has an engine..

I can see this never happening. People will push back because they don’t trust it. This shit should have been codified in law before they even got started because all it takes is a little noise and effort to invalidate millions and millions of dollars in investment.

I'm sure one day they will find out self driven cars are controlled in India over the Internet. Pic related.

Attached: assembly-13062018.jpg (831x469, 229K)

This is never going to happen. What keeps trucks from being stopped and raided is the driver. You start running AI trucks and thieves will have a field day. Jews think some law will protect their company. It doesn't work that way.

There is a massive shortage of truckers across America. So much so that entire fleets are Punjabis and Africans, also East European. It's been a long time since I've seen a white trucker, maybe they're all owner/operators and are too busy stacking dosh to frequently stop to piss/shower/eat/sleep. My neighbor is Bangladeshi and owns a fleet of trucks, somehow. He dictates instructions from his home office and lazes around his pool drinking all day and fucking his wife. Kinda jealous, also kinda confused how an immigrant who arrived here 5 years ago can accomplish this with no money. Hmm.

>This is the last generation of truckers. The next one will be all automated. Robots are coming in fast!

Attached: numale.png (704x499, 119K)

You do know if a accident happens your start up company and Amazon are going to get the shit sued out of them right? Artificial intelligence will never beat human stupidity especially when money and giant corporations are involved. Humans are used as a scapegoat when shit goes wrong.

I work in AI with the CSIRO and our main priority is to supplant human AI coders within 4 years.

An AI coder came into my office today and used my computer to shitpost on Jow Forums and asked if he was fired but I told him his job was safe and then went and shat on his driver's seat of his car and smeared it in. Then I went to his house and got a blowjob from his truckdriver father.

>hire retarded pajeets for social brownie points
>your automated cars can't stop running over children
yea, good luck with that, kikeslave

AI driven 18 wheelers would only work if they got their own separate road.
There's no possible way for them to react to what's around them when humans are unpredictable.
You ever see those videos of people getting smeared by mack trucks while crossing the road cause they didn't see them?
Or when their heads get watermelon'd because they walked in the blind spot.
That would happen 1,000,000 X as much with computer's driving them.

You are a terrible person, not because you want to advance the industry and technology but you actively want to harm others with the purpose and intent of doing it. I think AI will create a lot of problems in the future, ancient wisdom reigns supreme and what God has ordained in Revelations will come to pass, just as it is coming to pass every single day.

Judge others and be judged yourself. Everything in your heart, God knows.

Astoundingly retarded, as expected from anything out of FYROM
Main roads are already falling apart and you expect them to build a whole new road network for automated trucks? Which could just be done with trains anyway if you're segregating them into their own roads.

Certainly possible in the U.S seeing as it has fuck all rail infrastructure and large empty expanses separating major cities. I called this a few years back. The main problem you'll have is hijacking though, a fat trucker with a shotty is difficult to replace with AI.

Lol, we're coming full circle here..

This is really hilarious when I remind you we can't even maintain roads that carry cargo and people now. Surely we'll be able to build and maintain roads that are just for cargo though. Also freight trains don't exist.

Joke's on you faggot. Govt will mandate human oversight for AI trucks for at least 10 years. That trucker is gonna get paid to sleep, watch movies and jerk off while his truck drives him around this beautiful country. Seriously sign up to be a trucker asap shit is gonna be comfy af.

It's true, Germany is nearing collapse because it's short of 60k truck drivers and supplies need to get places. Truck driving pays. Problem is in 10 years that job won't exist.

If costal shitlibtranny coders put truckers on the streets (the largest sector of working class employment) I can assure you within 5 years every liberal will dead, every brown invader ghoul driven into the sea and Mexico City sacked. I don't think you really understand the gravity of your actions. You shouldn't be laughing, you're in serious danger.

Attached: Shucks.png (1500x500, 76K)

Also, I'm pretty sure all the Lot Lizards would riot if this became mainstream.
They'd all become unemployed.

Attached: C1-6tNpUkAEl-BU.jpg (1200x820, 191K)

If there's a money push for it (Which there is) then it will be done. The first prototypes will have a human occupant looking out for situations that make the AI act fucky. When it's fully matured the demand will be crazy and unemployment will skyrocket. The only truck drivers left will be the ones hauling Gas and other caustic chemicals.

Truck driving is the true bachelors job... it pays shit now because all of these cucked out men use it to escape their wifes and kids for months at a time. You can go long bouts without showers and the only form of recreation permitted is some country fried chicken and the local truck stop hooker.

Yes and exit ramps too. And self fueling trucks. That assign themselves to dock doors. With self opening trailer doors. And self chocking wheels. Get back with us when your simple 4 wheel cars are all self driving and the accident rates plummet to near zero.

imagine being disappeared by so called "smart" trucks because you made a politically dissenting post on a certain Hawaiian button sewing image board

the future is looooooking so bright it will burn your retina out and melt your soul

Good luck dealing with hijackers you poofta.

Amazon should create gas chambers for out of work truck drivers. It's the humane thing to do.

The tech so far can't be trusted, in fact the entire idea is stupid unless you have a lot of redundancy (like aerospace), redesigned how the traffic works and implemented sensors/tags/maps everywhere. And you can only use AI as hints or heuristics too.

Which is better because the cars can shuffle and rearrange while in transit.

>Next year comes
>Truckers still have jobs
>The year after that
>Truckers still have jobs

I'm still waiting for the flying cars gramps

Fake Macedonian clown proves once again that they should be learning proper things in school and not spending 90% of the time "learning" about being the sons of Zeuski,Alexanderski and Achilleski in some Soviet tier politburo mandated lessons.

Why would they need too?

The Jew helps them.

>self driving cars are crashing into people
>exploding batteries
>tech cant make a printer that works more than a year
>autocorrect can't spell
>siri is stupid
>alexa is dumb as fuck
>all the 'robot' videos you see on youtube have controllers out of frame
>Amazon just expanded its own trucking and contracted thousands of human truckers
>entire new system of roads fucking kek
>windows vista
>every system still getting hacked
>hard restarts still a thing
>Boeing 737 automated piloting systems killed hundreds of people in the past year and have been grounded

but muh AI trucks

Attached: trains-planes.jpg (3840x2160, 778K)

Good for them, no money in truck driving anyway, but computers suck at driving

AI hand with timestamp or gtfo

Attached: 1558106518635.jpg (960x658, 67K)

This. Too many kids here would rather play videogames and shit post on Jow Forums from their mother's basement. getting a cdl takes all of 6 weeks from a state accredited school with a guaranteed job after graduation that starts at 50K per annum. and you can play COD and shitpost in your sleeper while living rent free/debt free. felt good paying cash for my first house.

Dude, anybody driving a truck that carry some amazon or target loads is already broke, your transfer stations are a joke, having to wait 8 hours for your load to be accepted is bullshit

Do it quicker and test it in Australia user.

They say without truck drivers Australia stops on all trucks.

Prove em wrong.

I wanna see those twits behind the wheel on highways suffer.

Attached: 23fg24g.png (1227x746, 1.27M)

1984 meets Skynet. How nice

They just need to unionize and hold the industry hostage. Better pay them to stand around and do nothing while you rack your brain with equations cuckboy.

Self driving cars are already safer than human drivers
The fact that 5 years ago it was unthinkable you could actually talk to your computer and have it understand you with only minor mistakes should be evidence enough of how advanced siri/alexa are

I heard apple is buying up land for their I road project, Apple automated vehicles only road

>They're gonna roll out entire new highway sections for automated trucks and make the trucks drive in convoys 30 at a time, with maybe one guy in the front row.
That's called train and been in use for over 100 years

The teamsters have a pretty tough union. The auto industry unions managed to destroy the American industry instead of automating.

Teamsters have a far stronger position than automotive workers.

So you're considered an expert in your field, enough so that someone with little knowledge in your field will consider you an authority and trust what you say. You lie to people like this and now call them dumb because they can't make an informed decision with the faulty information you supply them.

Mate if you drove a truck you'd probably cause an accident because you'd be spazzing wondering if some dude wanted to turn left or right. You're trying to make a world where your kind of person is considered the top dogs of society and yet even when normy males are useless to the vital organs of the economy they'll just move onto non essential elements like sport or 'putting up shelves' for your mail order gook and live on UBI gibs you'll be cucked into to paying them if it comes down to it. Women will still consider these males superior because that's how they're wired and quite frankly given the reddit using, onions fuelled, ukulele plonking state that is the average male in silicon valley these days they're probably making an objectively correct choice.

That's why every single system has multiple fatal accidents

>I'm threatening people's livelihood.
If you get stabbed and mugged one day, it might actually be your own doing

The delusional cope. Even if this were true it would take at least one decade before the plans get approved, another decade before they finished state bidding on who gets the contract, and another decade on building it.

Yep same with airplanes.

pretty much

What you say is not true, you won't make anything driving trucks in the south

Fuel costs too high

Just like humans?
5 years ago there were no "system"
Today it's safer than humans, for instance teslas data is 3.34 million miles per "crash like event" which counts both crashes and near misses with autopilot on, 1.92 for their drivers without autopilot and 492k per actual crash for general american public
5 years from now it won't even be a contest

100% on the ai companies or the trucking company

They're safer than human drivers because almost all of the testing has been done on closed tracks with ideal road conditions. Have they even tried to have one of the things drive in snow yet?

Above is real life data from real roads

And again 5 years ago it couldn't drive anywhere
Now it can drive safer than humans on most roads
5 years from now it will be driving safer on all roads

>1 post by this ID
>Post is copypasta
>Copypasta always gets lots of replies
What are you sliding rabi?

Nice larp fag

>trucks
Rail system would be way more efficient. This is dumb

>Things that never happened

Good work starving the white-trash from existing and all. But, seriouly focus on the 2nd and 3rd world from coming in to our countries first, you absolute piece of shit.

He’s probably a mason. Silent investors.

I want skynet so jannies and software engineers get sucked into unemployment with the labor force

I can't believe how many replies you got with such shit bait.
Good job, but also the absolute state of this board

Attached: 1379003647867.jpg (511x384, 32K)

imagine the smell

Attached: poo_in_food.webm (640x316, 2.89M)

Ya,and horse breeders were put out of work by cars.What's your point here big fella?

The next step is automating the consumer. I'm envisioning linking each instance of a robot/AI that has replaced a human to a big compactor with a furnace that receives goods, automaticallly transfers the money and then disposes of the product to make room for more, consuming faster and more efficiently than any human ever could. Just think of how fast the money cycle can turn and the revenue we can achieve!

>humans
What is this blue pilled faggotry. Besides, we are Europeans who don't need to have AI wipe our fucking arses you utter serf. Loss of control of these vehicles/machines and you lose control to those who control the AI.

dad is a truck driver.
all the shit that he's had to do on the road, you wont be getting an AI capable of that for a long time.
terrible post, terrible bait.

>ai trucks
Should lead to some entertaining videos

Attached: 1480870096650.webm (1280x720, 1.16M)

Trucks are the biggest polluters on our roads.

Just get them off the road. Let people starve.

There is 7 billion too many people on this planet already

I work for the university and we're trying to put AI code monkeys out of work.
You have no idea what you're doing anyway.

sciencemag.org/news/2018/05/ai-researchers-allege-machine-learning-alchemy

Yeah, just like how Tesla was going to have auto-drive and auto-parking back in 2015. Then after killing a few people... Now they're removing all references to it and removing all the videos. They're pretending they've never said they would have auto-drive and never made any videos of any auto-driving features and started calling it assisted driving. They even force people to remove the video showing the Tesla parking itself on a parking lot, then coming around to pick up the driver, then claiming it never happened.

The same will go for AI trucks. All is well until it kills someone.

We have that, it’s called a railroad.

let's start with Australia

>it pays shit now
The drivers I know make 90k to 110k anually

Will they drive just like AI in Arma 3?

top kek
It'll never happen. See it's not just snow and mountain driving that'll fuck the AI up. Even if you live in the desert, you have to contend with strong winds and flash flooding. In more remote areas you run into issues of snow/black ice, navigating mountain passes, summer afternoon storms, etc. It will never happen in our lifetime.

Attached: amerimutts_fear_him.webm (640x362, 2.42M)

yes. 22000 truck drivers to start with.

There's like 200k of them here

anything a tr*cker can do, AI can do thousandfold bettr

cool, cant wait to see aussies stop posting.

Yeah, how the fuck doesn't it at least have auto parking?

>So you're considered an expert in your field
Literally nobody on Jow Forums is an expert in anything apart from jerking off. There are a very few genuine experts on Jow Forums and Jow Forums, but Jow Forums is the most retarded board other than /b/ and Jow Forums.

Attached: bennyhill.jpg (300x240, 29K)

except improvise, which is 90% of driving

mutts don't realize how large Australia is.

Attached: White_People.webm (372x526, 1.28M)

I aint a truck driver, lel

but you'll starve when your plan is enacted.

Bullshit. If anything you'll be out of a job faster than him. AI can easily learn to code more efficiently than you ever will. But I'd like to see the tech company that is so sure of their self driving truck software that they would be liable when it crashes. GL hf with learning how to mop the floor OP.

This is a good idea.

Make da fat wamen work for her food

Attached: 1551351056920.jpg (600x444, 52K)

Even though it's safer than humans, people won't trust it unless it's near 100% safe. People are less bothered about being killed by a drunk Polish trucker than by a malfunctioning AI. At the very least there be a human in the cab jerking off for the next thirty years or so, unless they have auto-truck only roads.