You're Not Middle Class Unless You Make 250000/yr

Democrats actually believe in nonsense.

Attached: Why do Democrats think $250,000 is middle class.png (786x984, 159K)

Tradie here, I make $250,000 a year as a plumber. So yes I'd consider myself middle class, and didn't fall for the college meme. Your gender studies degree isn't worth the paper it's written on snowflake.

Due to inflation and stagnant wages they probably arent that far off.

Average American family makes roughly 50-60k annually. Anything above six figures is more than middle class existence.

because some doctor earning 250K a year isn't really the problem with income inequality

It's less about belief and more about benefits. Bernie's tax plan cuts off right where he makes. Same as in 2016. He wants to count as middle class to pay less taxes. Bunch of other democrats are in the same vein. Thing is, political power isn't measured purely by wage. So if I make 250k but have benefits that include healthcare, vision, dental, a vehicle allowance, and friends in high places, that wage of 250k is not accurate to my potential to wield power or consumption. They want the best of both worlds.

The Brit isn't serious. The prime minister doesn't even make $250k, because British wages are abysmally low. I'm talking about $20k being considered a high salary over there.

You own a plumbing company ? surely there is no way you could make that as a lone plumber.

I thought class in the UK and in general was based on more than income. Like what your parents did, private schooling, and education?

>The prime minister doesn't even make $250k
They aren't meant to. They're meant to come from a family with plenty of investments, property etc so that their salary is irrelevant.

In CA, NYC and DC it is middle class, because dem policies have driven up the cost of living so much

Because it brings Bernie a smidgen closer to the middle class. So when he's getting filthy rich by ranting about "muh wun percent" and convincing his supporters to hate and be envious of their neighbors for having more stuff than them, he looks a little less like a hypocrite.

I meant in terms of purchasing power

nah, that's a cope for city boys. just because a house is retarded expensive doesn't mean you're lower class earning 60k a year, you're still ~3 times the median millennial income. it just goes to show how much of the buying power has been destroyed in this country.

this is probably true for nyc, chirac, seattle, sf, la, they don't consider middle of the country at all, they "fly over" it

The term "Limousine Leftists" comes to mind.

Unless you run a big plumbing company you aren't clearing that much after cost for insurance, payroll, vehicles and all the other overhead. You making about 100k after taxes and your bills. Plumbing fag here. I know

They're hilariously detached from reality

Because democrat leadership is composed of Jews who have fortunes in the hundreds of millions.

Load of shit. 250k is comfy as fuck in dc.

Because it seems like their voters just want to punish people and make them feel pain by tearing them down/tethering them to the unwashed drones who thought a McJob would be sufficient to raise a family on.

Even if you took all the money of every big corporation and evil mean rich people who had more than a wageslave's income, America could not run for more than a year, maybe 18 months, with all the spending and gibbies you have addicted yourselves. to.

>They're meant to come from a family with plenty of investments, property etc so that their salary is irrelevant.

And you fucks wonder why we fought a war to be free of hereditary political power.

Attached: 1528377707944.png (423x324, 176K)

The problem is Americans' popular perception of middle class is based on how much you consume. My wife and I make a combined $215,000/yr. I know that income is exceptional, but I still drive a hail damaged shitbox (my wife's car is a little nicer... hers cost $15k), wear cheap t-shirts until they get holes, use a 5 year old telephone, wear 3 year old shoes (they're still good). I still consider our life unbelievably luxurious. We have a plenty of good, healthy food, a home that stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and functioning vehicles that get us to our jobs. Meanwhile, we save almost everything else we make, spending only on things that actually add value to our life. Is someone middle class just because you buy a bunch of expensive shit? It's like a dog chasing its tail: the more most americans make, the more they consume. And they stay in exactly the same spot they were before

And yet in reality all your presidents have come from hyper wealthy, connected families. Even Trump the "outsider" is literaly a billionaire real estate mogul. So really you haven't chaged much. It's all hot air.

Because if you live in downtown DC or SanFrancisco, then $250k IS middle class. Making that in Arkansas, you’re very wealthy.

They live in a bubble of entitlement and wealth.

Attached: 7789FA69-5C00-4484-87CF-785291E00E9C.jpg (1024x582, 117K)

reading my own post... this is peak boomerposting

Attached: 1536417498102.jpg (2089x1175, 261K)

Sure you do lol

Middle class =/= average family

middle class is the bridge between upper and lower.. as the name suggests. Drs, tradesmen, lawyers, small business owners.

If you make under 100k a year, you are lower class.

most people dont like being called that, so they said 'middle class' as to be the 'average man'

Class is only loosely related to income. If you are from the trailerpark and get rich you don't suddenly become upper class and start reading poetry in your spare time.

I'm French, making 30k/year and i'm looking more and more seriously at my yellow vest every saturday

You do realise you damage the economy even more by saving money ?

The party of the "working man".

>I make almost $700 dollars a day
Bollocks.

>income classification is pedigree

Attached: 1557448719074.jpg (900x900, 74K)

how am I damaging the economy by not buying worthless shit, and instead buying shares of companies that manufacture said worthless shit?

Americans don't have class ingrained into their culture like they do in England.
Read all the poetry in America you want, if you don't have any money you're a broke dick.
Be an illiterate redneck and win the lottery and you're a Bilderburger.
That's at least the common perception.
To the upper class Americans, class really is a thing.

>I make $250,000 a year as a plumber.

why come to Jow Forums to tell lies?

>t in reality all your presidents have come from hyper wealthy, connected families.

uhh yea...so? at least his son doesnt become president just because hes born.

Tradie here, the only 250k plumber (non-business-owner) I can see is East Coast/NY unionman. There is a ridiculous amount of money and (((deals))) that go on up there, especially on public projects where the budget is whatever they want.

The flipside is that the cost of living and working is so high that your effective income isn't far removed from a comparable union position in most other cities. Many such cases!

American politicians constantly use the term middle class. Every American thinks they're middle class, the whole idea is redundant. In Britain people know they're working class and have their own unique accents that advertise it, and even if they get rich they will still call themselves working class like Alan Sugar. Then there's upper class people who have lots of land they inherited but don't have enough money to upkeep it so have to rent out their estates, such as the real life owners of the castle shown in "Downton Abbey". And middle class dropouts who live in squats taking drugs in their 20s but still have family connections and support networks allowing them to start a decent career when they grow out of their degeneracy.

The queen is not the president you larded fuckwit. Her job is to wave and smile when needed and provide a minimal sense of continuity. The powers they do ostensibly have are never used,

Completely different from the PM.

Let me put it in your language:

>a mcnugget doesn't become a big mac just because it comes out of the freezer and gets reheated

>at least his son doesnt become president just because hes born.
OHNONONONO

Attached: George-W-Bush.jpg (2267x3000, 1.59M)

I make 20k a year and life is miserable

>damage the economy more by saving money
What kind of absolute boomer logic is this? It only applies if you're burying your cash under your house rather than keeping it in a bank, and it also assumes that income would be spent on something that furthers the economy and not "le wanderlust xd" vacations or another home renovation from Juan and Paco.

>and instead buying shares of companies that manufacture said worthless shit?
except you don't, you gamble on already existing titles that will never, in any shape or form, help the real economy.

IF you invest in new ventures then maybe, if you just buy shares already emitted, you're just building the next bubble.