MAN'S JOB

According to this article, Millenials have no DIY skills and most don't even own a cordless drill.
The fuck is wrong with them?
zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-08/millennial-dads-have-terrible-diy-skills-half-dont-own-stepladder-or-cordless-drill
>Tell me of the last time you did a MAN'S JOB.
>Did you fix a car? Plaster a wall?
>What did you do?

Attached: GAF-MansJob.jpg (833x496, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-TcLxlkc2pA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>cordless drill
i hope you have a milwaukee hammer drill Jow Forums

Attached: millennial dads vs boomers.png (700x395, 105K)

i killed a mouse crushing it against the wall and pocket door. So I cut out the drywall and extracted the mouse. Patched the drywall. Now wife wants to paint the living room fuck my life.

last time i made a fucking gun and ammo

Single mothers

Attached: cordless_drill.jpg (1000x1000, 71K)

>plaster a wall
when was the last time you did a man's job user?

It's almost like we don't own homes and garages to keep them in because of Jewish real estate speculation

Fix vintage motorcycles, tractors, tools. Currently working on a 1974 Lotus. Maintain my property, just tilled the inlaws garden, and most importantly I know how to cook.

She needs a black bull

TOXIC MASCULINITY ALARM

real men wear socks and code now till they marry a vasectomy wife PUNCH A NAZI !

Attached: th2.jpg (474x299, 27K)

I own two cordless drills. What now?

Over the last week I ripped out the bathroom of a Victorian era house, rebuilt the broken walls, tiled, plumbed, installed a solid hardwood floor and fit a new suite.

Sounds like boomers need to hurry up and die so we get their tools.

I’ve spent summers doing installations and painting houses. Not only did I use a cordless drill, I used a hammer drill gt set shutters into concrete. I don’t own any of that shit myself, though, because I rent, so why would I? It’s not difficult to learn, but why learn what you’re not going to use?

Rotary hammers are epic, especially if it has a chisel function and you need to knock something apart; but most of the time you need a quick drill and driver.

That's because their parents were fucking shits and never made an effort to teach their children anything.

Why does the drill need to be cordless?

i hammer drill your mom lmao

Attached: 1539202808634.jpg (230x249, 23K)

>Why does the drill need to be cordless?
Clearly, you're a Millennial.

Attached: dewalt.jpg (425x425, 29K)

You fucking boomers took shop classes and home economics out of schools.

this

>owning a drill
Lol I'm sorry but no. I'm not a day laborer. I have a college degree and disposable income

Attached: 1558033047243.jpg (960x960, 149K)

You don't learn much in school. You learn everytime your home needs a repair. you can learn most of what you need on jewtube.
Blaming boomers for your own lack of ambition?

>>What did you do?
I went to Pattaya and got facefucked by at least 10 ladyboys.

Attached: IMG_6575.png (640x1136, 1.15M)

not having at least 5 types of shovel and 2 types of pickaxe , kid get on my LVL

checked out

>Blaming boomers for your own lack of ambition?
I'm from a broken home, so yeah pretty much.
Maybe you can learn the basics but it'll be nothing compared to someone who works a trade.

hired someone to do x they are either brown black or white trash job always costs too much and is done poorly. Nobody cares about anything even if they get money because its not their house/yard/sink etc. So i do everything myself I do it correct I do it one time and I have pride in what i have. I had no father growing up and nobody taught me so no fucking excuses.

Attached: 2 (2).jpg (581x591, 39K)

You are a pseudo elite who thinks not owning tools is what defines them as an elite
>4%er checking in
I own all the tools that would make a laborer wet. I use them for minor repairs to make my wife wet. In the same way aristocrats hunt boar I fix my wife review mirror.

>Millennials don't do this
>Millennials don't do that
They sure as hell are more educated than Boomers and job requirements are much much more demanding now. Why not a word on this?

That's the spirit.
That's thinking like a man.

How deep is your level?
I'm genuinely curious what would I need a pickaxe for let alone two? I have no intention of undermining a castle wall or creating some sort of underground railroad.

I've made a 20 meter cord extension for my drill. Cordless things are for zoomers.

>millennials priced out of home ownership by hoarding boomers, so they rent apartments
>with no garage and the ability to just complain to the landlord to get handyman stuff fixed, there is no need to own a bunch of tools or have the skills to repair anything
>WHY AREN'T MILLENNIALS DOING MAN STUFF?

>did you fix a car?

fixing cars made me $600,000 in the last 8 years, come at me bro

M18 Fuel no less. You should see the Milwaukee 1/2" impact, blows away anything that runs on air.

>LEL I PAY PEOPLE TO CHANGE THE OIL IN MY PUSH MOWER

All my tools are corded because batteries suck

Everyone knows corded is better, batteries are a scam.

>Victorian era house

Did you keep it period accurate or did you Ikea over it all?

>Clearly, you're a Millennial.

I disagree wholeheartedly. I am a Gen Xer, and I remember how unreliable and shitty batteries always were when you needed them. I go corded all the time, I'm writing on a corded keyboard too.

I have the Fuel 1/2" impact. It'll break it loose or break it off, that thing doesn't take any shit. Favorite tool.

Jesus fuck that photo gave me eyeball cancer.

Never, just don't be a retard who has stuff break and you don't have to repair stuff

>using plaster
okay there boomer

>hired someone to do x they are either brown black or white trash job always costs too much and is done poorly.

This is why you do it yourself. It always pisses me off when a tradie arrives and they're brown because I know no matter what it'll be a half assed job. I usually do the "Sorry, the keyholder isn't present. I am just working here on something else. I'll tell them you called by though." then do the fucking thing myself.

I will ONLY hire white tradies - preferably older than me, the older the better.

So instead of learning said skills for yourself, you continue spamming this shitty story on this board?

In my last flat I took apart all the junk furniture and took it to the dump.
I plastered some holes in the walls.
I repainted all the rooms and the doors.
I cleaned it all and made it look nice with new furniture.
Still that b***h left me.
youtube.com/watch?v=-TcLxlkc2pA

>implying user knows there’s oil in a gas mower, let alone that it needs to be changed

> bragging about not having any ability to take care of oneself

In other words you have no skills and no ambition to learn them. DIY skills aren’t about necessity, but about dignity and self respect. Knowing that you can personally handle something, instead of being a living excuse by paying someone else to do all your work for you, gives people pride in their abilities.

Even billionaires like doing things themselves. It’s not about money, though that is a factor. It’s about self respect.

You're replying to a Jewish shill, ignore it and move along.

Also download the Jow Forums DE LOUSING APP from the Chrome store, it removes them entirely from your sight. It's great.

Ants were coming in through my window so I duct taped the area they were coming in through. Does that count?

The interiors lost the period fittings decades ago, but the exterior is true to form, right down to a cast iron gutter box stamped 1893.

>boomer shills think that destroying your own country is a man's job

Attached: 1553569171447 (1).png (1087x1600, 1.07M)

I've got a couple of Nip electric drills, but I prefer hand-drills. I prefer hand tools.

Impact > drill

About 2 weeks ago tore down my outside ac unit to clean it and replace the capacitor since it stopped working
About a week before that I had to fix my wells water line because a tree limb fell on the pump bounced and landed onto the pipe and snapped the pvc

>Nobody cares about anything even if they get money because its not their house/yard/sink etc

That's the correct answer

> having life skills makes you a boomer

Do you children have any awareness of how pathetic you sound, defending your utter lack of skills? You could start by at least learning the definition of boomer, which applies to basically 0% of polfags.

This morning.
Fencing for livestock. It fucking sucks. I hate fencing.

I learned DIY skills, including fibreglass and carpentry, from the internet.
My boomer dad used to do a lot of DIY but never taught me anything. He wouldn't let me fix anything myself growing up and made me believe it was much too difficult for me. Much later in life, I realised he was wrong. I bought my own tools despite him having a garage full including many inherited from his father in law.
What is wrong with millenials is that they were brought up by boomers.

I've got...5 pickaxe heads. They're the best thing for digging. Gardens/tilling, holes for posts, and so on.

They unironically require less energy for what you get out of them.

Shovels kinda suck outside of moving stuff from A to B

>look at these faggots they don't even own a horse or slave.

# of cordless drills you own is directly correlated to pp length. Impact drivers count for 1.25

>dad used to do a lot of DIY but never taught me anything. He wouldn't let me fix anything myself
This happened to me to, he didnt want me watching him either because hed say I wasnt doing anything. I tried to hand him a "wrench" once but he was actually asking for channel locks and got angry I handed him the wrench

This. I love my parents, but I can't believe they let me be such a lazy useless shit for so long.

A ladder is pretty understandable since fat boomers ruined the housing market and a lot of families rent- but how the fuck do you not own a hammer and at least a couple of screwdrivers? Sounds like bullshit

>My boomer dad used to do a lot of DIY but never taught me anything.

Same

I had to learn when I moved to the middle of nowhere after getting sick of working in the city and the suburbs.

It's not that hard to learn, and the skills are very useful.

These skills all come with owning a house, and the new generation doesn’t own.
Or they have a condo with none of the maintenance issues.

The NiCad batteries of the past were shit compared to todays lithium batteries. The Milwaukee 2.0Ah M12 battery will run my brushed 3/8" drill with more balls than the big 18V 1/2" drill my dad had from the 90s. New batteries last 3-4 years drained and charged every day before they noticeably lose their capacity.

My sperm donor baby booming “father” never taught me how to clean a surface, let alone flip a burger, iron a shirt, or plunge a toilet.

I grew to see I wasn’t alone. In high school, to “prepare” us, in her presentation, the admin noted how we entitled Millennials were getting together to communally teach one another how to operate a washer and dryer.

This was an upper middle-class white neighborhood by the way. The Boomers in their magical thinking just supposed we’d all be able to afford Spanish nannies to do menial chores for us in the dorm rooms right out of HS.

Fencing is notoriously shitty work.
On the upside, it tends to stay done for a while.

Machine work isn't so bad. I do that.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x2151, 1.26M)

>dad was never taught shit.
>Dad bought tools and fought his way through
>Dad failed a shit ton
>didnt want to have his son witness his failures
>wanted his son to know he always tried
missing the lesson this badly

Attached: sp.jpg (103x381, 7K)

That's what refugees are for.

Cordless drills are weak sauce.

I can look up how to fix anything on YouTube. I can print replacement parts for anything that doesn't need to be crazily strong. I am the only son of the family so the amounts of tools I will be handed down is about two rooms full of tools. Just watch when the economy gets bad and it becomes cheaper for millenials to fix things themselves rather than replace them.

DIY is going to get huge.

Wait till you get a wife user.
Then you have that AND you get to be a day labourer as well!

>using anything other than hand tools
>a mans job
op is a faggot

more like
>dad felt son was a minor annoyance.
>better put him in front of the screen

I have both. The milwaukee is great for masonry or steel and the cordless is for quick jobs or driving screws.

obviously you don't break rocks into stones as a passtime or else you'd know

on a more serious note if you have a garden you need them to dig around eg : steep holes

No he was a raging alchoholic because of my whore of a mother that I didnt realize how fucking shit they both were until I was much older and realized they were better left behind
Dads been homeless vagrant for the last 15 years and mom lives off of her sister in the spare room filling her life with drugs and alchohol

To a child, all you know is you went to look and got shouted at.
How the fuck is a ten year old suppose to learn any kind of lesson from being shouted at for no good reason?

if you have a heap of leaves or dirt you can't make do without shovels

Also he was a goldenchild handed money by his parents and getting bailed out of jail for shit constantly

I've done electrician work in trade for 2 years. It taught me a good deal of it. I don't think knowing how to use tools makes you a man, though. Sounds like insecurity to me.

It's good for digging in soil with lots of stone.
I can see many reasons to have one. Especially if you own a house.

Mine is corded, but we have some cordless Milwalkees at work and the Lithium stuff ain't so bad.

Love my blue bosch screwdriver.
Have two 18v 4ah batteries and never bad a problem. Just charge then battery that's not being used.

this thread is so wholesome, fuck jews in all honesty

I own a step ladder. I have no idea where it is though. I'm 6'3.

They don't own homes, you aren't meant to work on a rented apartment, and it's too cramped to do much hobby work.

>be average millennial
>barely able to afford cost of living, let alone a bunch of tools
>"why are you so lazy and not Real Men™?"

Attached: 1559377616340.png (561x480, 470K)

I use dewalt

It's simple. Millennials are a bunch of pussified wimps.

>>Tell me of the last time you did a MAN'S JOB.
i mowed my front lawn on friday, does that count?
>>Did you fix a car? Plaster a wall?
i replaced the starter in my car a couple years ago
i don't own a cordless drill either though, i have an old fashion corded one because back in my day...

Thing is dad's could fail and make mistakes back in the day, teach their kids lessons that needed to be learned, have a wife manage the kids, and still be able to afford a moderate home.

Now no one can afford to make mistakes, have kids, or ever own a home.

Attached: 1558825592376.png (600x519, 165K)

This, my landlord explicitly doesn't want me fixing things, but to call him.

t. millennial whose loving Father got him cordless drill for Christmas

Oh to go back to a time where a Skilsaw branded Skilsaw was a wedding gift for a man who provided to his family and wanted something to pass on to his kid.

Attached: kJcIZLI[1].png (636x474, 782K)

I was a roofer before the retail job i have now. Replacing old tin roofs is fun, especially in the Texas sun