PaGAYnism

Pagans of Jow Forums

Where were the gods when Christians started taking over Europe? If the gods of your ancestors were really YOUR gods in some special way, then why did they abandon your ancestors and allow them to worship a foreign god? Weren't these gods supposed to be fierce and honorable? Why would they allow a foreign god to displace them and ban their worship?

Or was it the other way around? Did your ancestors abandon the gods? If so, why were your gods powerless to stop them? If they let it happen as punishment for something, why did they allow themselves to be dishonored as well by having their temples destroyed or converted, their idols smashed, their images and rituals appropriated, and their worship outlawed by a bunch of people who worship a god who identifies with a lamb and was crucified?

It seems like Christ utterly btfo all your gods and their worshipers. How do you explain this?

Attached: 1552852761390.jpg (916x1200, 537K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=leK2WkAHLYk&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Proof of Christianity and Jesus:
1) Something had to come from nothing => Jesus rose up from the dead
2) atheists are gay => the bible is true
3) dude fags are really weird => bible is true
4) dude satanism is bad => bible is true
5) tips fedora => bible is true
6) dude shroud of turin was proven kinda real => bible is true
7) bible verse => bible is true

what am i missing here

a way of communicating ideas that doesn't leave me wondering wtf you're talking about

what did dhor mean by this?

Attached: 71.png (1101x464, 899K)

What did Snorri mean by this?

Attached: PaganSuicideWatch.png (1467x633, 931K)

>where was God when Constantinople fell
What logic. Embarrassing.

Why you still not believe in wargod oden?
youtube.com/watch?v=leK2WkAHLYk&t

Attached: btfo forever.png (919x499, 768K)

It was a placenta all along silly Elseus

Attached: 1324353.png (694x564, 319K)

I respect ancient pagans though, not larpagans

>The moment you compared odins eye to the belly button, I-I-I shivered!
AHHAHAHAHSHASHAHHASKDJHHASDJGASHD

Attached: KEKED.png (900x900, 1.45M)

That's one city. You could name others, but Christendom as a whole never fell. Most people in the West are Christian. Paganism was reduced to an edgy internet meme. Besides, even if you were making a good point, you still didn't answer any of my questions.

Pls reduce autism level to 6 or below. Why are Nordics always so spegry?

I will forever resent Varg for his fucking retard naturalistic bullshit interpretation of pre-Christian Indo-European religions. He's a fucking obnoxious charlatan.

Attached: DeMNPv3XUAEr5FF.jpg (1200x1200, 155K)

You're an idiot. Read my wife's books

Attached: DeMNZAaXcAA3FsH.jpg (635x167, 20K)

normally the paganlarpers would have flooded in by now and made dozens of desperate responses. they're afraid

Christians were totally peaceful and never forced their beliefs on anyone

Attached: Northern Crusades.jpg (1074x1555, 679K)

their discord group havent discovered the thread yet.. give it a minute

Have you ever considered that it's just boring seeing the same "arguments" crop up from both sides again and again? The same images, the same vitriol, etc.

''Pagan'' rites and celebrations merely became Christian.

might is right, isnt that your saying? kek

Attached: 810d9e7c4f51dfe3190bd88ab1c52bc7.jpg (564x767, 52K)

actually pagans did not believe in that at all. Pagans largely accepted other religions.

In Rome whenever someone new joined, they just added those gods to their pantheon.

I don't read wiki articles, only their talk pages. These suck, and I have no reason to believe your take on it.

>actually pagans did not believe in that at all

Attached: 1524824186698.png (593x580, 621K)

did the Northern crusades happen or not? are you denying this history?

Faganism

Attached: IMG-20190602-WA0025.jpg (1144x1016, 304K)

answer the questions in the OP

You realize when Christianity was first introduced, a lot of pagans just accepted it into their pantheon. Jesus became just another one of their gods. They didn't have a totally intolerant attitude that wanted to kill all jesus believers (unlike the christians, who definitely wanted to kill or forcibly convert all pagans)

Give one source where they apparently believed this.

lol you fuckwit. The only ones who believe that are the materialistic larpers we have today.

he keeps posting but he wont address the questions this thread was made for

>a lot of pagans just accepted it
You do realize Christians were brutally murdered, tortured and persecuted for over three fucking centuries for simply not being pagans, right?
>Jesus became just another one of their gods
No, kek. When they became Christians they rejected the other Gods

>Where were the gods when Christians started taking over Europe?
Pagan gods are not like your semitic idols who are supposed to grant your every wish. If a tribe is defeated, its gods might not even notice. That's why we build trust with the spiritual world in general, and don't pester Odin or Thor with inane bullshit you Christians pray for. And even if we fall and die in this world, the only thing that would matter in the halls of ancestors is whether we lived worthy lives and struggled in good faith. "Friends die, cattle dies" etc.

That's my last post in this thread.

LoL Christiwnity was forbidden for 400 years in pagan rome idiot.

Hey Norse bro I asked you a question, it seems pretty important to you

yeah, its not like going to valhalla was preserved for people who died on the battlefield. its not like they were called "wargods" for no reason

see and

>Did your ancestors abandon the gods?

If that is the question you're asking. No, mostly people were forced to convert. Either they were forced through military power, like in the case of the Finns or Saxons. Or the king converted, and then forced the entire country below him to also convert (which is how it happened in Sweden, Denmark and Netherlands)

That's evidence of "might is right", is it?

>That's my last post in this thread.

Posting a weak rebuttle and then leaving is the equivalent of slapping someone and running away. What a little girl.

If my gods didn't give a shit about me, what would make me worship them? Fear? Okay, if I only worshiped the gods because I was scared they'd bring disaster on me if I didn't, then seeing them defeated by a God who says He loves me would be a pretty welcome event.

>No, kek. When they became Christians they rejected the other Gods
The American is right. In England for example, Jesus was most definitely added to many worshippers' pantheon.

Where is your christian god in godless china, you kike lover?

Funny. When Christians are "forced" to worship other gods, they usually choose death instead. At least the early Christians did. Why were so many pagans unwilling to die for their beliefs?

>definitely added to many worshippers' pantheon.
source?
I have never heard a story of people who accepts Christ but still worships other Gods. A fundamental part of worshiping Christ is "to not have other gods"

can't answer my questions but expects me to get derailed by his. what a queer

Those were probably Arians or something like that, not Christians

Attached: 6a2.png (2054x1194, 2.17M)

>I have never heard a story of people who accepts Christ but still worships other Gods. A fundamental part of worshiping Christ is "to not have other gods"

define "accepts". Allowing a god to be worshiped is not the same as worshiping that god.

Pagans first saw the signs and started spreading word of "god coming to earth"
Your hate induced argument is irrelevant
One of the wisemen was a nigga sumerian

I think you don't have a real view of history, you have these loose associations and vague impressions. If you want a better view, you should actually read some history.

Christianity in China is the fastest growing of all nations. millions converts every month

by accept I mean become Christians.
To be a Christians means to reject everything else that has nothing to do with Christ.
"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me"

>I think you don't have a real view of history, you have these loose associations and vague impressions.

its amazing how often people say things like this. not just to me, but to others as well. these kinds of generalized criticisms with no arguments to back them up are what kill discourse. you should be ashamed of yourself. provide some argument to substantiate your criticism or it will be ignored from now.

okay, but the Romans did not all become Christians when they allowed Jesus to be worshiped. so what are you talking about?

Pagans are hedonist. Not surprise they didn't want to die for their beliefs.

what are you saying? That they heard the gospel and were converted? How does that answer my questions? If my questions are irrelevant, why did you respond to the thread? What the hell does the last sentence even mean?

no, hes right.
If the pagans really wanted to keep the religions in those countries they couldve easily overthrown their kings etc. that forced it on them.
Pagans tried desperately for 3 centuries to get rid of Christianity in rome, but still didnt succed.
On the other hand, once Christians got to power it didnt take them more than 10-15 years to almost completely eradicate paganism.. what does that tell you?
Pagans didnt give a shit about their religion, that is what it tells you

i know whenever christians got into power they implemented a fanatical lunatic regime that killed dissenters. Catholics did this, protestants did this. You had petty factional wars between different sects. It was basically the same as Islam

there were pagans before hedonism was even a concept. do you really think the entire ancient world and every single pagan ever valued pleasure above all things?

In Norway it was custom to worship heathen gods and the Christian God at the same time in the early days after being christcucced

>it didnt take them more than 10-15 years to almost completely eradicate paganism.. what does that tell you?
it tells me that christians implemented a barbaric regime that killed pagans, smashed the temples, and basically forced it on the population whether they wanted it or not. While the pagan government basically tolerated the christians for the most part.

dude are you retarded?
re-read the thread

Wow, you seem very proud of this disaster.

In Bede's Historia Ecclesiastica, the East Anglian King Raedwald converted in the 7th century, but he did so putting up a shrine to Christ alongside the other Anglo-Saxon gods.

There's also a lot mentions of Woden and Ing as progenitors in Anglo-Saxon England to various lords and kings. We can infer from these that the conversion process was mostly peaceful and that what you are saying isn't entirely true.

>imagine being a Christian in 2019

Attached: DzuPttxWoAAm.png (657x749, 67K)

Isn't that what the homopedos in Greece were striving for?

Submit to Hebrews and rabi yeshua bar yosef

Attached: v3-leash.jpg (1000x893, 91K)

That doesn't answer the question I just asked you, nor any other question I asked you. you're ignoring my questions and attempting a "but you did it too" line of argument which is stupid, but you're not even doing it coherently and you're adding weird ad homs which makes your point even more obscure. From now on, whenever someone questions my knowledge of history without telling me what errors I made, I'll assume they're just as dumb as you and not waste my time. thanks.

>it tells me that christians implemented a barbaric regime that killed pagans, smashed the temples
that is literally what the pagans did to christians the first 3 centuries aswell, brainlet. Christians had to worship in secret.
>the pagan government basically tolerated the christians for the most part.
they did not. Christianity was forbidden by death penalty all the way up until Constatine accepted Christ

>worship heathen gods and the Christian God at the same time
source or cope

You stop nurturing a relationship with a God, then it forgets about you

[citation needed]

You are understanding the topic backwards. The other guys mentioned that the pagans added Jesus into their pantheon. You assumed that meant they began worshiping Jesus. I explained that they didn't necessarily worship Jesus, they just allowed Him to be worshiped by people. Do you understand now?

>You assumed that meant they began worshiping Jesus
but that is what he meant though

Where they remain today.
>If the gods of your ancestors were really YOUR gods in some special way, then why did they abandon your ancestors and allow them to worship a foreign god?
It's the other way around buddy. We abandoned them.
>Weren't these gods supposed to be fierce and honorable?
Yes.
>Why would they allow a foreign god to displace them and ban their worship?
The people got subverted. Not the Gods.
>If so, why were your gods powerless to stop them?
They aren't the chess playing personal Jew God that you worship.
>If they let it happen as punishment for something, why did they allow themselves to be dishonored as well by having their temples destroyed or converted, their idols smashed, their images and rituals appropriated, and their worship outlawed by a bunch of people who worship a god who identifies with a lamb and was crucified?
gay
>How do you explain this?
Few hundred years of Jewish(read: Christian) subversion in every new area the Christians arrived that. The power to subvert does not mean it's true. Although I can see how you would think that, seeing how you are of your father, the Jew.

Attached: 1497972306053.jpg (896x950, 134K)

It's your daily Jesuit shill thread that's breaks down into just pagans vs. pagans pretending to be Christians.

I literally named the citation you dribbling retard.

So they weren't converted by force, but instead chose Christ?

it's not, sorry. ask him

NEW COMFY WHTIES ONLY CHAN

Explain.

Neingag is likely just a honeypot as are most big splinter imageboards, which is why it's heavily shilled on both Jow Forums and 8ch

> Imagine worshipping trees in 2019

no you didnt, a citation in for example "bedes historia" means a direct link to your claim that confirms your claim.

also "theres a lot of mentions" is not a citations.

Catholics are pagans too.

>collapse of Christianity
>the trees are returning
Coincidence? I think not.

Jeshua: 0
Trees: 1

Attached: 1556299229330.jpg (1484x1414, 223K)

A citation is your source. Sorry you're too lazy to go and look for it, I'm not gonna sift through a copy of it just for this moment to prove the Norwegian Christposter what I'm saying is legit. I'd assumed, since you are so above us, that you'd actually READ it yourself. It is, after all, a very important text for particularly Anglo-Saxon paganism.

tl;dr I'm not spoon-feeding you, you have the source, I've done my reading, now it's up to you.

Actually, nature itself isn't evil unlike what jews and many Catholics think.

Here's a cross inside Mjolner..

Attached: 250px-Vargkors_kopia.jpg (250x388, 55K)

>Phenicians were the ancestors of norse

Can you stop implying wrong information? Thanks

>let me link you an entire book which may or may not confirm my claim and then cry when you ask for a citation of where it actually says anything about my original claim
smells like bullshit to me Gerard

Remember that your god permits evil so good is gooder, so pagans are the doing of your god, trannies are the doing of your god, and the ruining of western civ is the doing of your god.

But this is so good is gooder.

lmao

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the gods are. They are not necessarily conscious beings who make independent decisions over a simulation like a dude playing a video game. There is no "divine intervention" in the Abrahamic sense. This is the real divide between the Indo-European and Abrahamic, one is linear and one-way where it is just a supreme being above servants whilst one sees humans as contiguous with the greater power, that being what you might call natural order or cosmic order. To me I refer to it as Wyrd. Vedic brahmins call it Rta. There is no holy book or Ten Commandments to follow, because it's simply not like that. Whilst Christians make pray with all the faith they can muster for x to happen, pagans--both old and new--need to act in order to get their divine intervention. This is the root of invoking gods: you may be blessed with the actions you want to bring forth in yourself or you might not. Paganism got you to think and act more than the Abrahamic beliefs, and this is also why you will sometimes see people make the argument--figures like Evola and Bowden--that many Christians or denominations of Christianity being essentially pagan. The emphasis on belief by books is really an Abrahamic thing, which is also why so many pagan religions were oratory rather than written.
It is why pagans, heathens, whatever you wanna call them, didn't kill each other because one believed in Tyr instead of Mars, Taranis instead of Donar, etc. and this is also why you hear neopagans say that they are all the same, because they fundamentally are, not just on a surface level which is usually cultural.
There are pagans to this day and are growing in numbers as Christianity has died, having done so since the 1990s. If it was such a non-issue for you guys, why make this thread trying to gloat? Why do any of the zealous Christians of this board endlessly whinge about the dozens, or hundreds, of pagans here? What have you got to worry about?

Attached: 1498332911087.jpg (521x509, 45K)

btw the cross is upside down so it looks more like some edgy satanic mjolnir like the vargfags would use

It's talking about runes, not race.

>They are not necessarily conscious beings
>There is no "divine intervention"
when a religion is so fundamentally dead you can just make up whatever the fuck you want I guess

>OH PLEEEEASE I'M TOO LAZY AND UNINFORMED ANYWAY PLEEEEEASE HOLD MY HAND
Okay, choose ignorance then. Makes no difference to me lmao

>at last i truly see
>clearly green miasma entering her eyes
Not for long, no

the occult exists even within the texts of christianity, the holidays were masked and hidden by the romans and many traditions were still upheld. it never actually went away, it's just not as accessible as the bastardizations of the mythology taught in church. no one's been abandoned, nothing is gone forever, it never went away.

i had experiences without studying anything and know more now because those experiences led me to study, not through the church, just naturally. life led me to paganism because it works regardless of whatever doctrine you have forced down your throat as a child.

>Where they remain today.
You mean like on top of Mount Olympus? They seem to be hiding. Where's their display of might over the foreign God and His people who insult them? Where is this accounted for in the Norse myth regarding the end of the world? I mean, the gods were supposed to fight a bloody battle against each other, not simply fade into obscurity indefinitely. I get that the Roman and Greek myths don't include an end times, but Norse myth did.
>The people got subverted. Not the Gods.
so your gods don't care enough about you to save you from their mistakes? I mean people are only human, and many pious people can be born in a fallen age. When Christ's people have strayed, He finds the few worthy of redemption and redeems their people on the basis of those few people's righteousness. Your gods seem unworthy of worship if they don't love their subjects enough to do the same.
>They aren't the chess playing personal Jew God that you worship.
but they look weak when they get completely displaced. not so fierce after all.
>gay
you have no meaningful response
>The power to subvert does not mean it's true. Although I can see how you would think that, seeing how you are of your father, the Jew.
nice poem. I agree that the power to subvert doesn't make something true. But when your gods are supposed to be mighty warriors, it looks pretty bad for them to be castrated by the Church. Also, God's not a Jew. If you read up on Christian myth, you'll find God existed before the Jews did as a result of Babel. Which means Christ, who was with God and who was God from the beginning was also pre-Jew. If you look at it from a secular perspective, then Jesus would be a Jew, yes, but secularism is wrong. I would expect you to be a gay materialist though, paganlarper.

Again, you're showing that you haven't done your homework on anything you criticise in these threads, Norskibro.