Why is American infrastructure so bad?

Why is American infrastructure so bad?
vice.com/en_us/article/43jbab/google-stadia-will-reveal-how-stupid-internet-data-caps-are
Summary:
>google wants to stream video games, basically netflix for vidya
>many places in the country don't have fast enough internet for this to work
>most ISPs have data caps that'd stop this from working
>most people in the country only have access to one ISP who can scam them to hell due to lack of competition

Attached: stadia.png (836x568, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

huffpost.com/entry/the-book-of-broken-promis_b_5839394
nationaleconomicseditorial.com/2017/11/27/americans-fiber-optic-internet/
forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2018/12/17/the-u-s-cities-with-the-fastest-slowest-internet-speeds-infographic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck google
based ISPs haven't banned hardly anything in their decades of existence, maybe bitorrent protocol sometimes
compare that with all these "content providers" like Google and Facebook

Americans mostly live in a constant state of fear, anxiety, and stupidity they don't understand anything so they accept everything because the media tells them if they don't everything will get worse.

>streaming video games
this will never work. the laws of physics prohibit it unless it's just mindless candy crush/farmville bullshit

>infrastructure
It's literally just kike ass fucking companies fucking consumers up the ass.

This is pretty true, Americans are mostly mixed race so the majority of them are low I.Q and think they live well.

I live pretty close to google fiber. That shit is god compared to what we have available here in rural areas.

>T. Tyrone Ortiz

I mean I don't know about Comcast or Direvt TVs internet speeds but if I'm not mistaken they cap your monthly data usage at 1TB I believe

Fucking jews

yes, it may very well be over 200x as fast

>Why is American infrastructure so bad?
Because when we gave them our tax dollars to build more and increase bandwidth, they instead gave the executives bonuses and started implementing soft data caps.

Attached: 1555045804899.jpg (1000x600, 214K)

It could work for slower games like Paradox titles. But not for fast shit like fps or rts. Or mobas.

>we pay taxes to isps
OK nigger

Are you sure this isn't just a way for Google to buy positive publicity? Is unlimited data and streaming video games really more important to you than your privacy and the monopoly that is Google?

Google doesn't give a fuck about you. Their end game is to make money and destroy their competition. Who are they criticizing by rolling out vidya games? Their competition. DUH!

>isp data caps
damn how hard can one countrys internet infrastructure suck?

Jewish policy isn't related to the infrastructure you stupid nigger

Might work for some turn based rpg, anything else is just not feasible

>Google stadia will reveal how stupid internet data caps are
>As well as how fucking shitty American Internet is with the 1400ms latency
The fact that you'd burn through entire terabytes of data in a week of streaming means that it's going to literally FRY every country across the globe's internet infrastructure if this ever properly competes with gaming. Just buy or download your fucking games you lazy mooks, the more people use this the worse it gets FOR EVERYONE except the provider.

Anyone wanna estimate the cost of having fiber installed throughout America? I'm guess anywhere north of $750 billion. We should have been running fiber optics cables 20 fucking years ago, but nooooooooooo

Alphabet needs to be smashed into a thousand pieces. Work your magic, DoJ.

It's TRUE, Americans are low I.Q mutts. I'm not saying you are.

>ISP data caps
lmao, imagine being so stupid and corrupt that you keep getting fucked so badly by your bullshit fake capitalism

Maybe you could stream assets, but the entire video/sound stream will never work.

central asian shitholes like kyrgyzstan have much better internet than you
in fact below you are only some african countries(not even all of them lmao) and north fucking korea

We spend it on niggers and spics instead

>muh gaymen
Kys incel

Here you go, faggot.
huffpost.com/entry/the-book-of-broken-promis_b_5839394
>inb4 huffpo
There are plenty of other sources online too.

I live in the state with the worst internet in America kek. We are also one of the poorest states in the nation and our state is also a majority black.

Americans literally have to ration internet LOL

Imagine... my fucking apartment in Brooklyn might have FIOS by now but noooooooooo
I’m stuck with shitty DSL and 1-2mbps download speeds

It already does. You can leave your home pc on and connect to it with another pc. Your home pc runs the game and you can play on the other pc.

Just because we rely on private businesses to build infrastructure doesn't mean it isn't infrastructure
The idea is that google computers will be able to handle games that the typical home PC can't

Hey granps

Military and Welfare programs take all the money.

>slav sperg makes up stats
OK nigger

>OK nigger
OK nigger

Attached: 1552681031304.gif (200x200, 2M)

>Just because we rely on private businesses to build infrastructure doesn't mean it isn't infrastructure
My point is they're just being kikes, not worried about infrastructure

>>OK nigger
>OK nigger
OK double nigger

Well of course, but that doesn't mean that it's going to work when potentially tens of thousands of people try to play high-framerate 1080P or higher games. This kind of shit should be limited to small European countries with nationwide fiber-optic internet without datacaps. Then we can get the aggregate data of the raw quantity of data used and the quality of the service under the best-case scenarios. Otherwise it's just a ramshackled fuckfest of problems and unknowns.

>we pay taxes to isps
>OK nigger
Americans Paid $400 Billion in Taxes & Internet Surcharges for Fiber Optic Upgrades that Never Came
nationaleconomicseditorial.com/2017/11/27/americans-fiber-optic-internet/
>OK nigger

Attached: 1552521143013.gif (320x240, 1.83M)

That's not the point, there are literally people in this country who have to wait several minutes to refresh their email
So why are our public roads bad as well then

Embezzlement.

>56% mad
ouch!

Those bastards

>So why are our public roads bad as well then
I don't understand the line of thinking

FTTH 1000/100, 31€/month. Includes a mobile plan with 120GB of LTE (60/10 speed or thereabouts) and unlimited calls.

Why is America still in the middle ages?

Attached: speedy.png (1920x1030, 68K)

>I don't understand the line of thinking
It's the same thing. We pay fuel and vehicle taxes, which are supposed to be allocated to road maintenance and development. They redirect those funds and use it for other shit too.

The better question is, why is Germany going backwards and having worse internet than most Americans now?

yes and you have to wait 30-40 ms for a frame to get back to you on top of the input and display latencies. it doesn't work for anything that's not turn based

>why is it easier to get fiber throughout a place 1/32 the size of the other?
real head scratcher there

Most roads are pretty ok

I'm not talking about rural areas here, our rural villages have shit connections too. I'm talking big cities.
Louis Rossman has a 6Mbps connection that doesn't even fucking work - IN MANHATTAN.

>Louis Rossman has a 6Mbps connection that doesn't even fucking work - IN MANHATTAN.
Because that's what he asked for? He called them specifically to downgrade. Also NYC is literally the 3rd world.

It all depends on the town/city, county, and state, and their allocation of the funds.
Where I am, for example, the town roads are masterful, but the county roads are shit. You can genuinely tell the difference in every way, and know whether you are on a county or town maintained road. Same with the runway at the airports.

/thread

>Also NYC is literally the 3rd world.
Hence my question.

>buying games to stream them

Attached: ayaya.jpg (500x500, 32K)

Why do they need some gay ass stadia horseshit when I can watch people play games on youtube live on my fuckin 30$ roku on my tv.

Rural Arizona here, I get up to 15 mbps all together for 45 bucks a month. Fuck isps

I have to give them that, yeah. Not even the jewest of ISPs has gone as far as banning a website unless specifically required by law (happenes somewhat often here with websites suspected for distributing CP and betting sites that don't pay the government jew).
Even then most of the time they usually """ban it""" by dropping the DNS record from their DNS servers, so anyone who isn't a fucking tard can get around the block.

Game streaming is a scam and I'm glad Google's stupid idea won't penetrate into most of the country.

NYC isn't representative of the US in any sense

Why?

As opposed to what you do now? DN poles are fucking dumb. Go back to church and off my board faggot.

forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2018/12/17/the-u-s-cities-with-the-fastest-slowest-internet-speeds-infographic/

I don't know about direct tv, but I do know Comcast has never capped my data over 1TB. That said, I was paying Comcast for a 100mb connection. Now my HOA dropped comcast and switched to hotwire. Now I get 300mb connection included in my HOA at no extra cost

imagine trying to play counter-strike but it takes 30-50ms between you clicking and your gun firing

>what's an average
how did they weigh this? By what people paid for? By what was available? Was it just a straight count or did they account for population density in different places?

How do you get your games now dumb dumb? Still using an optical drive? No you download them off a digital license which is basically the same thing seeing as in both situations if the company holding g the service went solvent then you lose your games.

What op is talking about, dumb dumb, is that Google is making a service that takes advantage of our crazy transfer speeds to make gaming less of a strain on bandwidth as a whole.

That is if you don't live in the middle of fucking no where.

That seems to be the issue they're claiming to address. Idk if they'll actually do it, but if they can it'd be kinda cool

Share play is like 4 years old on ps4. I’m sure it works pretty well now.

US Internet isn't really that bad. Rated 6th fastest in the world now last I heard. Most people who live in the cities can get at least 100mbps internet. The areas with the fastest speeds as you can see in pic related are similar to those European and Asian countries that people like to show as the "model" example for what internet should be like. Small states with very high population density so it's easy to wire everyone with high speed internet. New Jersey, the state with the highest internet speed also happens to be the state with the highest population density.

Also weirdly the ISPs in a lot of these states in the east coast have no data caps at all. For example, Comcast doesn't have data caps in

>New Jersey
>New York
>Delaware
>Maryland
>Rhode Island
>Maine
>Connecticut

Spectrum another major US isp doesn't have data caps either. It really depends on where you live at. If you live in a low population density area you won't always have the fastest internet options available.

The mobile internet isn't the fastest but usually fast enough for me to stream jewtube/music/browse the internet. I don't really need 100mbps internet for the things I do on my phone when I'm on the go.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-09-11-at-4.05.59-PM.png (1273x898, 189K)

>conflating ISPs with cellular/data carriers
Retarded. Real ISPs don't have data caps.

Cuz ur ghey

The newest game system I own is a PS2. I almost never play it. Optical drives and consoles which don't require the Internet are still the best thing, do you really think any of the games you "buy" with digital downloads on your always-on system will be around for more than a few years?

I still play Tribes 2 with some of my OG Tribes friends on weekends. That game came out 20 years ago.

Absolutely based, Amerimutts irrevocably btfo

>Google doesn't give a fuck about you.
yes, and Comcast (who are rated LESS LIKED than the fucking IRS) et al JUST Love Ya

>land mass larger than Europe
>y-you don't have fiber to every square inch yet? plebs

Google was raided last Sunday and will be broken up. Their game streaming service will likely be canceled.

>pay for stadia on top of the game's $60
OH NO NO NO NO

Politicking robber barons.

Well, it’s because everything has become some form of illegal in one way or another. Your average person commits at least 3 felonies a day without even realizing it

You think YOU have it bad? We're ripped off even worse up here.

Onlive was a thing in 2010 and it worked ok.

We probably have enough bulbheads and wetbacks here to achieve a consensus who gleefully settles for sixth best so long as it presents itself at the intersection with most free of charge. America's in the midst of its long slide into social corrections that come with integrating mediocrity and criminality en mass. By the end of this slide we won't even have power 24 ours a day 7 days a week and most of us will live in corrugate steel shanties and shipping containers, living on a diet of free protein made form bugs. Fuck yeah!

There's an appeal to that over dropping several grand on a pc.

shadow.tech works ok - I play Division 2, no problems

If this takes off Google will have the power to ban you from video games for committing a thoughtcrime.

guess all that lobbying be bribes well spent then huh

this is a good way for google to shill google fiber and take over the ISP monopoly in the US

Attached: 1546276141116.jpg (342x239, 26K)

ISPs and their subcontractors are the Jews of the internet. They can pull the plug on anything they want, like Level 3 and ATT do with websites that aren't kosher. There are literally zero alternatives. We're the only developed country that has data caps for what's advertised as "unlimited" internet.

Fuck Comcast tho.

Because were a quasi third world country.

>if I ignore the main point hard enough it will go away
We're not talking about rural areas. We're talking cities.

This is the Netflix argument all over again. Both the sender and the receiver are responsible for the data. If a company wants to stream billions of terabytes, that's their perogative, but they have to pay for it. How is this still an issue? If a company is currently or is planning to be party to almost 50% of all internet traffic at certain hours of the day, how can it fall on the ISP, and in turn the end user, to cover that cost? What baffles me more is that the very same reddit fags who "hate capitalism" are so easily baited by companies like Netflix, Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc., etc. These companies are already getting away with fraud, false advertising, and anti-competitive behavior. And sure, the ISPs aren't any better, but the internet is dying because a bunch of retards on social media, sites which have been scientifically demonstrated to be toxic to the brain, feel like they've got to pick a side.

I already pay the ISP for the bandwidth. If they can't provide it they shouldn't be selling it.
You don't see power companies advertising 500GW home hookups, do you?

it exists: parsecgaming and ps4 remote play are the only ones i can remember off the top of my head.

boomer detected.

>50 ms input lag
No amount of real time ray tracing can make up for that shit. Stadia is DOA. What the fuck is Google thinking?

Capitalism