The Secret Citrus will defeat Big Ag

Imagine a Citrus Fruit which can grow in both Forests, Grasslands and Deserts and is Immune to the Greening Blight. We'll win BIG!

Attached: Citrus Orchard.jpg (299x169, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ancient-origins.net/news-general/first-colonists-led-christopher-columbus-hit-severe-scurvy-001572
apsjournals.apsnet.org/doi/full/10.1094/PDIS-03-16-0271-RE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why?

Britain literally invented scurvy.

Well, Big Ag hasn't thought of my Secret Citrus.

No, Scurvy is a Vitamin C Deficiency. Us Brits helped combat it and will continue to do so.

They cured it you dumb ass
ancient-origins.net/news-general/first-colonists-led-christopher-columbus-hit-severe-scurvy-001572

I am not fed up after eating a citrus fruit. What's the point?

Eat sauerkraut, pig meat and wash it down with a beer.

Hello, did you know my Secret Citrus has Aussie Ancestry?

What colur is it?

They are already working on that in California.

You need a Pomelo.

Pink.

Alright, what are the parents?

Some wild Australian lime is a common parent for its resistance to huanglongbing.

Ah but that isn't the Secret Citrus.

Good luck.

Good luck

Well, i'm going to use the spare room, buy a UV light, buy some pots, then buy the two parent species and then cross-pollinate after a decade.

sorry bong

mosanto already holds the patent to Citrus glauca

go suck a lemon

But not it's hybrids.

Hopefully OJ/fruit consumption goes back up or citrus is dead.

To be honest, I thought Orange Juice was a common staple.

I believe it is but it's demand in the US seems to be falling these last few years. however, that could be because supply was also low.

Because of the Greening Blight. I plan to end that.

when US was still 90% White, OJ was a common stable.. now we are 60% beaner/poos/chink and these shtiskins are all OJ and lactose intolerant

I'm happy with my regular mandarines thank you very much. Always give alot of fruit, tree too tall, cannot reach all. Pity, nice mandarines left high on trees, only birds to fest on them. Next year I'll try climb higher or jump from upper floor of house to reach sweet mandarines

Didn't know minorities couldn't take their Orange Juice.

Beware the Greening!

I have 2 trees of lemons too, but they are still small and don't give many fruits

>22
>id Kex
Checked. I like citrus

They'll get bigger near the end of summer.

Me too, I heard Greening has destroyed stocks all over the world. I want to put a stop to this menace.

They actually cured it but ok retard

Also checked. All the best with this endeavour user, I believe you'll succeed

>Immune to the Greening Blight
yeah good luck

my mandarines are older than me, lemons are only couple of years old. It takes time

this sounds like a thread for me

Attached: florida.jpg (959x1542, 424K)

My lemon tree showed greening by citrus psyllids but I cut off those branches and it appears to be fine.

Thank you, I've done my research so I think I can end the Greening Menace once and for all. How are the Seville Oranges holding up?

It'll take time to unleash the cure also.

Welcome Florida Man!

Trust me, it will. The Secret Citrus will produce compounds to absolutely stop Greening in it's tracks.

orchards take decades to mature

Nah I will just have one personal plant.

I don't think it's hit here in a big way (yet), there was report last year I think predicting Southern Europe would not escape the menace. My neighbour has a big orange tree in her front yard. I'm fortunate to get some from her ...straight from tree to glass

apsjournals.apsnet.org/doi/full/10.1094/PDIS-03-16-0271-RE

Should be a way to speed it up, if you could get a cutting off an older tree and graft it onto a more precocious rootstock, it should be sooner.

>t. Botanistanon, we have talked before.

Hello again, long time no see! Problem is cuttings are difficult for oversees transportation. Might be easier to get hold of seeds, even if it is more effort to propagate them.

Overseas sorry.