Trudeau announces plans to ban single-use plastics

The list could include bags, straws, cutlery, cotton swabs, drink stirrers, plates and balloon sticks. Fast-food containers and cups made of expanded polystyrene, which is similar to white Styrofoam, will also be banned, said the source.

cbc.ca/news/politics/plastics-ban-trudeau-mckenna-1.5168828

Attached: plastic.png (716x480, 488K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TrueNorthCentre/status/1138124092706557958?s=19
trvst.world/inspiration/environmental-impact-of-plastic-straws/
youtube.com/watch?v=zaPgmQVQ75k
google.com/amp/s/www.politico.eu/article/germany-climate-change-green-energy-shift-is-more-fizzle-than-sizzle/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's actually a good thing

b-b-b-baseD?

This is actually a good thing. Based Trudeau

Can somebody explain to me how drinking straws are a serious ecological issue? As far as I'm concerned, this is classical "theory X," but even I agree that straws are a major source of environmental degradation.

If there's an environmental crisis in the air, you've got to understand the causes. You can't simply assume there are environmental problems in the environment, as in "the rain is too rain, we need to have fewer birds and dogs" or "we need fewer fish."

But a lot of people don't understand the scientific background, because they read popular and popular movies and read news media stories. They read blogs. They read "news blogs."

But really, it's a serious environmental problem. The science is in. And that's why this question arises: Where's the science?

But before we address this, if I can make a guess, it boils down to two factors:

Why did people start worrying about the environment so much after the Apollo moon missions? The "science" of global warming.

This is quite a simple question. There are two major theories on global warming: AGW and the greenhouse gas theory of emissions.

One theory, which was the original one (which no one is currently debating), is that CO2 keeps warming the atmosphere and thus that, for the entire Earth's history is closely monitored

So. That means we will get good quality stuff again? Plastic cups and bags thst last and last and last

Maybe he'll get rid of himself next by banning single use spastics

Straws end up in turtle nostrils, throats of birds and all sorts of aquatic life.

Good.
"Disposable" plastics and foam are cancer

>Trudeau

Attached: train.jpg (4656x2620, 887K)

Listen to this faggots response to a basic question on what he does to reduce plastic

twitter.com/TrueNorthCentre/status/1138124092706557958?s=19

The ban will be based on scientific evidence. Just watch the 1-minute clip.

Good policy. Also Trudea is ripped and hot damn I wish I could suck himmmmmm.

Trudeau is pretty fucking hot. That's why I don't hate him.

You're a moron if you actually believe that

The bans will be based on who can and cannot afford to bribe officials to not ban their specific product. It's almost like you think we live somewhere besides clown world.

Trudeau himself is a plastic onetime item who will be banned -from parliament- soon.

Exoestrogen and other contamibants everywhere, but Cuckeau is retarded so it is just for attention whoring and this shouldn't be done during economic turmoils (caused by him too).

How are plastic straws considered a real risk though, last I checked Cgina made more pollution. Besides, I can't believe someone would not understand their product.
And they're so loud, so bright. You probably can't go home from school without hearing them. Even if you're not trying to stay safe, you're more likely to hear them than anything else. My husband and I are talking about it as a result of this one straw. And what did you hear?
Loud plastic sledgehammers! Really, really loud. We got so loud on both ends that we stopped playing with my daughter's toy truck, which is quite literally just a big, loud sledgehammer. My brother and I were having a fun conversation in our kitchen, and my daughter's mother turned to her and muttered something like, "that's so loud." The thought that this is so loud is ridiculous.
I also heard something in our kitchen that has never left my ears before, a huge roar of plastic sand. A sandstorm. A beach. At least on a Tuesday when you can take your phone with you and see all of that.
Anyway, I'm sure these straws do work and would be a wonderful addition to my family's plastic straw collection.

He’s losing his looks. He’s going to look like Pierre soon enough. Hopefully he goes bald like dad too.

Read up sweetie
trvst.world/inspiration/environmental-impact-of-plastic-straws/

I had this fantasy when Trudeau embarasses himself with like indian dancing etc and I'll there there him

Single time plastic use products are being banned. What don't you understand? And how can someone bribe the government not the ban a specific product when no company has a monopoly on manufacturing plastic bags or straws.

Attached: sample_3a12383487782d10754af687a73371e1.jpg (850x1202, 669K)

>and balloon sticks
Canada: buy some bagged items, grab a coffee in styrofoam cup, stir it with plastic, buy a balloon on stick, and wave the balloon as you walk down the boulevard with your coffee and shopping bags.

Attached: 1Ccf8Z033H843HXcAA1UIV.jpg (552x414, 51K)

>Cotton Swabs.
The only useful ones are the ones made with wood or plastic, the hard paper shit dosent work.

Yep it's based

Plastic stick cotton swabs/qtips are the worst things ever and whoever invented them should have an entire carton of them stuffed into his urethra one at a time
try cleaning your ears with the bendy things
try doing anything with the shitty worthless little pieces of garbage and flex and flop around like a 90 year old man’s dick
might as well clean your ear with your fingernail
rolled paper or nothing

the hard paper ones are the only ones that work, plastic is bendy trash. I don’t know about the wood ones but I’m not going to stick a big wooden splinter in my ear so it’s paper for me

>expanded polystyrene is similar to white styrofoam
>similar
its literally the same thing
it’s fun to burn because it melts at the same time and you have a stream of liquid fire jelly pouring out of your hands

I like things that are on fire

Hey cool. I like blowing shit up.

This is so fucking dishonest.
>How do they get there? Because of their lightweight plastic straws when disposed of often simply blow out of bins. Out of bins and into the waterways that lead to our oceans.
>The same can occur when in a landfill.
No. It's because Asians and Africans throw all of their garbage in the river. They even have a picture of blacks cleaning up garbage, as if we're making the mess, and they have to clean it up. It's like the overpopulation: we're not overpopulating, but honesty stops as soon as the discussion touches on race. We have to stop throwing the fruits of science into a trough for subhumans.

It's all so horribly stupid. We get blamed for the problems, and we're not allowed to point out who is the causing the problems. Instead of taking real action to fix it, they just take away more of our freedom and comfort. They deserve everything they're going to get when the dam breaks.

So no more condoms? Or do leaves reuse that shit?

Unironically based. Litterers should be hanged.

Cotton swabs are fucking cotton....

What about wrappers and packaging?

You know single-use plastic bags are already banned here and they plan to ban plastic straws quite soon.

Brenton would be pleased

>No. It's because Asians and Africans throw all of their garbage in the river
You have it all wrong. It's American companies that are polluting in Africa and China. They outsource labor and manufacturing there next it's cheaper and there are less environmental and labor regulations there.

Condoms are a different material. Plus Canada approves buttsex so they’ll just supply free HIV medication, there’s also goatskin condoms, I’m still surprised it took Muslims so long to realize how to remove it from the goat and the British did it first

We use goat intestines now since were ruled by shariah law

Holy shit, I just accidentally bought into a Canadian paper company.
FUCK YES!

based

Nonsense. Canada doesn't even provide free hpv vaccines, what makes you think HIV will be different

Buy into any Canadian company revolving around hearing, or anything related to the spine. Shits going down soon

For the straws it's actually a European Union decision btw.
From now we'll use paper straws that will get soaked making you swallow the chemicals in them.

all plastics are constantly breaking down in ultraviolet light, they become microparticles which bioaccumulate and poison the food chain from plankton to whales. In turn this poisons our foods, and the wild land animals which eat aquatic animals.

You're riling up the rage choir, buddy. I'm already at "Rip and tear!" here.

>Can somebody explain to me how drinking straws are a serious ecological issue?

All plastics are made out of petroleum oil, so the idea is that banning single-use plastics would eliminate oil consumption. I don't know if this actually makes sense though because plastics are a solidified form of CO2, it is not as if it is burned up into the atmosphere like gasoline is.

What beautiful irony. Single use plastic banning single use plastic.

>It's because Asians and Africans throw all of their garbage in the river.

That they buy from us. You think China/India is so shitted up with plastic because they are buying so much and then just throwing it on the street? No, All plastic recycling plants are in the 3rd world. They buy our junk. All that plastic was shipped there from our recycling centers. They make clothes out of it in China and then sell it back to you like the sucker you are. Of course a lot of it is just discarded or blows away in the wind. What the hell do you expect. They are receivers of the entire 1st world's garbage. Only reason why we don't have the problems they do, is that we send all our trash over to them.
The first consumer is YOU in the first world. That plastic was made for you, to package the stupid useless items you love to buy so much.

This plan isn't too bad if we replace the single-use plastics with paper products.

Trees soak up tons of CO2 so if we plant more tree farms and switch over to more paper products, it could do a plenty good job of keeping the CO2 levels from increasing too fast.

I'm not trying to rile anyone up. I'm just saying what's true. The right needs to start caring about the environment and thinking beyond their lifespans. Just think of it this way "We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors—we borrow it from our children"

Attached: 1560210638269.png (657x600, 84K)

It's American companies that are polluting in Africa and China. They outsource labor and manufacturing there next it's cheaper and there are less environmental and labor regulations there.

The world's biggest environmental problems stem from manufacturing. Most of the world's carbon emissions, about 35 percent, comes from energy production, which is mostly dirty from fuel burning and manufacturing operations. There's also some water pollution, and pollution from manufacturing.

And when you look at agriculture, more than 40 percent of global emissions come from agricultural practices and production.

I don't just mean for instance, that the agricultural sector pollutes all the water in the world but also because it's important. And now you've got to realize the number of children that are suffering is increasing.

Let me just give you one example of that. It's been reported that one-fifth of children that have access to clean water use it to clean their teeth. Just in our neighborhood, we have two of these communities and you go through the communities and you say, "Where does that leave the people that grow our fruit and vegetables?" and that's really where they go to.

Look what's happening in Brazil, in Latin America, in developing nations in countries that have failed, that can't do what they need to do -- we're not giving anything back.

Americans need to get their globalist shit together

Now this i can get behind.

you're going to save the world

Attached: 1547420947824.png (1280x900, 266K)

CO2 is only 3% of total greenhouse gases. 95% is Water Vapor and has no relation to human activity.

Even if there is a positive feedback loop where CO2 creates more water vapor, it’s white from space, meaning it will reflect radiation.

It’s almost like our planet takes care of itself and has been for billions of years.

I am for the banning of single use plastic items and so is the Queen. I don't know much about Trudeau. Just because a person is conservative does not mean they do not care about the environment. Ted for Forestry !

user, you coat the outside in a bit of paraffin and it's nothing. You'll actually be better off.
But yea, you can't leave the straw in for an hour and still use it.

You have it all wrong brainlet. As CO2 warms the atmosphere further then more water vapor is created because the level of water vapor in the atmosphere is determined by temperature.

>it’s white from space, meaning it will reflect radiation.

It's a toss up. Clouds do reflect more light away while simultaneously trapping heat.

The straw falls apart in minutes

Well, I guess you're gonna have to sell more lipstick and use more soap to clean the glasses at lunch. Or use a bamboo straw.

>You think China/India is so shitted up with plastic because they are buying so much and then just throwing it on the street?
Yes. Wrappers and plastic bottles aren't expensive. Here, garbage goes in landfills. There, they just throw it wherever it won't be an immediate problem for the person who wants to be rid of it. Rivers are a favorite place for them to dump their garbage. We make more garbage, because we're more productive generally, but we mostly dispose of it properly.

And yeah, post-consumer recycling programs are bullshit that do more harm than good.

See these assholes:

>Be Galileo, chillin in the 1400s
>Uh hey guys I’m pretty sure we orbit the Sun and not the other way around
>WHAT? LOOK AT THIS RETARD! THE SCIENCE IS IN DIPSHIT THE SUN ORBITS THE EARTH. DON’T YOU BELIEVE IN SCIENCE?!

good luck packaging your $90 tri-tips now

Attached: 1553582989812.jpg (1205x2048, 562K)

>literally a schizophrenic shill

Try again later please, you lost this time.

So where's the plastic to recycle into second use products going to come from?
I think we've found a new dumping ground now that China and Malaysia are cracking down on imported garbage plastic.

Jesus Christ IMAGINE being so cucked that you think poor little China and India are doing all they can to clean up and recycle but the evil meanies in the west just won’t stop polluting. I really cannot even fathom the amount of brainwashing required to hold this belief.

Listen to this stumbling fuck,
youtube.com/watch?v=zaPgmQVQ75k

Attached: 865912195168543803.jpg (518x518, 30K)

this
> literally selling out our country and economy to virtue signal

The idea is not to use plastics again. Look at most places where the ban in effect, they use paper straws.
Just because chinks pollute doesn't mean we have to continue to use one-time use plastics.

I’m just showing how subservient you are to anyone claiming to be in a position of authority, that’s all.

>Investing in alternative energy and banning single use plastic will kill the economy
Found the brainlet.

>Haha bro just switch to renewables now, what could go wrong?
google.com/amp/s/www.politico.eu/article/germany-climate-change-green-energy-shift-is-more-fizzle-than-sizzle/amp/

my god...
This poor soul lacks the intelligence to come up with a simple lie on the spot.

But our milk comes in bags...

Then say goodby to all those trees, because plastic will be replaced with wood products.

Sorry for the double reply, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say you do not support nuclear energy, correct?

In the same article it says that 11 European countries have been successful....

Im from Florida. I used to hang out on the beach drinking beer. I remember laying down on the sand and looking across the surface and being shocked at how many straws were sticking out of the sand.

>In Europe, 11 countries including Sweden, Austria, Denmark, the U.K. and France do better in cutting coal dependency and greening their energy systems.
Oh wow cool the other countries are better are hitting their targets (which were less ambitious than Germany). My point is that Germany went hard in the paint for renewables and look at what it has cost. France also has tons of nuclear energy and the other countries they refer to are smaller and have access to seas.

Yeah I know and I'm not an alarmist either. There needs to be a more gradual roll out. I also acknowledge that some of the IPCC's climate models have been wrong in their predictions.

shut up chink
you filthy niggers throw all your trash right into the water

In that case I feel like you would be in favor of nuclear. Tech has gotten a lot better so it can process its own waste.

>Just because chinks pollute doesn't mean we have to continue to use one-time use plastics.
It's not a reason for us to discontinue one-time-use plastics, either.

This is actually unironically good for us

That faggot should ban himself.

Cringe
>no u

Are you trying to bait me into something? I haven't done enough research on nuclear to form an opinion on it.

>It's because Asians
That's because we send our production and everything there.

You ship your trash to them. They buy it from you.
You wearing polyester? You're wearing your own garbage.
Where do you think most disposable goods are manufactured?

Understand supply and demand, and understand that it is the demand of 1st world consumers that creates the demand for trash.

The Canadian forest industry will benefit from the demand for more cardboard and paper.
> Cutting down more trees for the environment .

Attached: 9580051257846.png (720x603, 638K)

So in other words expect prices on fucking *everything* to go up another 20% when we just ate a 20% increase in prices after a 5% wage increase.

JUST FUCKING LOVELY.

Nah legitimately not baiting. Check out breeder reactors they are the one that eat their waste I believe. I’m an environmental science major that eventually realized AGW is bullshit, but I don’t still don’t mind renewable energy where feasible.

Unironically based.

Attached: image.gif (661x800, 188K)

This is 100% bullshit. It's their own consumer waste. Billions of people eating and drinking and buying things in bags and wrappers, and throwing them away wherever they feel like. Even when they're poor, the garbage adds up.

It's not the factories dumping plastics. Plastic waste at a factory is a large amount of the same type of plastic. It's worthwhile to recycle. If the factory management doesn't have it recycled, the workers steal it and sell it.

and the carbon tax

How about we just put more effort into recycling said plastics?
I'm currently working on a project for my boss that would use recycled foam as a monomer replacement in production of a variety of things like inks and boat rigging.