Should the US become a Christian theocracy?

Since Jesus is our Lord and Savior, why isn't the best form of government one that's biblically based?

Attached: jesus new testament.jpg (236x341, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 5-7&version=NIV
youtube.com/watch?v=cGz9BVJ_k6s
youtube.com/watch?v=cGz9BVJ_k6s&t=116s
abc.net.au/reslib/201407/r1308729_17984331.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>people will actually bump this D&C thread

If you're not interested in political discussion, find another board and quit spamming that same line.

Are you ready to give up shrimp and mixed fibers?

No
Amerimutts have a strange interpretation of christianity

Attached: IMG_1523.jpg (658x891, 143K)

constitution and declaration of independence are documents that are written with biblical influence- america is a country that was founded on biblical values “all men are created equal under god” or some bs

That's Judaism.

Well they aren't Christians. Following what the Bible says makes one a Christian.

Show me one human on earth who follows each one of the ten commandments. I will wait

The Jewish laws apply until heaven and earth disappear. So says Jesus Christ himself. Sermon On The Mount.

Why not? Only Israelites are forbidden those things, not Christian gentiles. Chapter 15 of the Book of Acts records the deliberations of the apostles on this topic. Verses 22 through 29 contain their short answer that remains relevant today:

>Then the apostles and elders, with the whole church, decided to choose some of their own men and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They chose Judas (called Barsabbas) and Silas, men who were leaders among the believers. With them they sent the following letter:

>The apostles and elders, your brothers,
>To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia:
>Greetings.
>We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.
>Farewell.

In other words, this question was settled within the first years of Christianity and hasn't been current in the 2000 years since. You should probably learn a bit more about the primary religion of the world's dominant civilizations.

Jesus Christ forbids those things.

The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

18 For truly I tell you, UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH DISAPPEAR, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 5-7&version=NIV

Last time I checked, both heaven and earth are still here. If you pick and choose, you go to hell.

>t. never read 1 Samuel

I do

Right here you mong

Attached: 1559426628917.jpg (960x833, 119K)

That's not quite right. He was referring to laws from the Father, like the ten commandments. Not ceremonial law. By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear. (Hebrews 8:13)

The dietary restrictions were only ever applicable to Jews and remain applicable to Jews. They were never applicable to Gentiles and remain inapplicable to Gentiles.

I wondered if you were merely ignorant or actively dishonest. I see it is the latter, but I am still glad of the opportunity to educate onlookers and put to rest any doubts people like you might have sown.

youtube.com/watch?v=cGz9BVJ_k6s

1 Corinthians 7:19
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
ect ect

Thou shalt not lie

>youtube.com/watch?v=cGz9BVJ_k6s&t=116s
Repent! The kingdom of heaven has come nigh unto you.

Attached: 4646.png (1222x1177, 242K)

Gentiles go to hell. Only those who follows the laws of God will go to heaven. The Bible is pretty clear on that.

This
All the crap meant for "the chosen people" ended when they were no longer chosen but salvation opened to all. No one needs to follow that anymore because there aren't any jews anymore. Their messiah came, jews must follow the messiah. Those who don't aren't jews. Jews can't logically exist. Nor do these old ceremonial jewish laws matter. What matters are the laws from God like the ten commandments. Paul even talks about in romans how most of the old law is simply to learn from now, and that's it.

Bear false witness. And I'm not. I don't break any of the commandments.

>Jesus Christ forbids those things.
>The Fulfillment of the Law
>17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
>18 For truly I tell you, UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH DISAPPEAR, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
>19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
>20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
>biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 5-7&version=NIV

lol wat

Attached: gentiles not just jews.png (1263x605, 1.15M)

>Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands
COMMANDMENTS
He is talking about the Law God gave to Moses. Not jewish law.

commands=/=commandments
There are 1,050 commands in the New Testament for Christians to obey.
abc.net.au/reslib/201407/r1308729_17984331.pdf

You must have fallen very far from God in order to believe there arent any real followers and believers in Him. Is it because your Jewish and seek to undermine and destroy the Lords work on this Earth?

Attached: 1557685675384.jpg (852x960, 95K)

Jesus is speaking to the crowd in response to the Pharisees' accusation that Jesus was trying to abolish the Law of God. Jesus refuted this accusation, saying that His purpose in appearing before men was not to abolish anything. Rather, Jesus came to fulfill the Law. The word fulfill in Greek is pleroo, which is also translated "to complete." In other words, Jesus came to complete or accomplish the entire Law.

He goes on to say that heaven and earth will not pass away until the entire Law of God has been accomplished. Jesus is the One Who accomplishes God's Law by keeping the entire Law perfectly.

Jesus never sinned during His earthly life, and so as He went to His death on the cross, He had accomplished or completed all the requirements of God's Law. Jesus was referring to His completing of the Law when on the cross He said, "It is finished."

This is true but he also goes on to contradict this numerous times. This passage suggests orthodoxy, his other behaviour suggests otherwise. "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath" - well yes Jesus, that is true, but aren't we supposed to obey every letter of the law? And not just abandon the sabbath rules whenever they become inconvenient. So which is it, complete orthodoxy or pragmatic pick-and-choosing? It's not clear what Jesus real attitude was in this light.

it becomes clear when you realize the translation for "fulfill" the law is better said as "complete" the law. Which he did on the cross. He was addressing the pharisees telling them he wasn't abolishing the law but completing it.

Heaven and earth did not disappear. This is why most denominations of Christianity has obeyed these laws until fairly recently (recent historically, but not in our lifetime), when break-off branches appeared. These denominations like to make up their own rules and laws and make bad excuses for disobeying God.

until all is accomplished
Which Jesus did on the cross. And no, people like Tertullian, Origen, Novation, ect didn't practice Jewish ceremonial law.

Clearly all is not accomplished, heaven and earth did not disappear.

>one of the ten commandments.
Jesus replaced Moses.
Follow the teachings of the Messiah, user

But He gave the thumbs up for his followers to disregard the Sabbath prior to his death on the cross.

There are two "untils" in that sentence. Until the heaven and the earth, and until all is accomplished. "until heaven and earth" could be idiomatic, like, an expression. Because there are two untils. Until all is accomplished seems to be the point of the statement. And when Jesus said "it is finished" on the cross, we see this accomplished. What did he mean by "all". And what did he mean by "it is finished". Well this is why we can't just cherry pick one bit of verse and not look at the rest of the Bible where clearly Jesus has loosened torah law. He did not stone the adulterous woman, did he?

That said, I do wish he was a bit more clear on this issue. It has caused quite a bit of issues over the years.

No because God loved us enough to give us the freedom to choose. Taking that choice away is apostate in nature and something the Catholics would do given the opportunity.

But again, wasn't his refusal to stone the adulterous woman something that happened prior to accomplishment of the Law with Jesus' death? It seems Torah law was circumvented for Jesus and his followers prior to the final fulfillment.

Good point, btw. Ideally, a righteous theocratic government would be good. But because of human nature, this is likely to be the case. We certainly see what happened during the inquisition times. Completely non-biblical and anti-christian methods, ect. But still, I wonder if such a government would be better than what we have now. Perhaps government doesn't matter.

Look into Clerical Fascism.

It’d be Unconstitutional

Excellent point, and I can't really answer that one. I suppose the best I can come up with is he was trying to make the pharasees understand he wasn't abolishing the law, but completing it. And the methodology of completion may be above a human mind's pay grade. Because, yes we see him relaxing torah law. Since we see him doing this, and it's obvious, I go with that instead of this issue where it's much more cryptic.

>It's not clear
I think most of us are going to hell just for being too dumb to sort out what the actual rules are.

The stoning was a trap.

1. It was on Sabbath
2. It was not ordained by Roman law (so it would be considered murder)

Jesus was basically saying "You want to stone her? Go wild." But the hypoxritical pharisees were too pussy.

>just for being too dumb to sort out what the actual rules are.
Admit you’re a sinner and recognize Jesus as the Son of the One God.
Done

Attached: 87BE7EFB-E00A-4189-A3CD-B55534607E8F.gif (392x294, 1.91M)

>I think most of us are going to hell just for being too dumb to sort out what the actual rules are.
naaahhh. The message is the important part. In fact, Jesus was asked straight up "what do I do to have eternal life". Jesus replied, "‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’ Matthew 19.8

Stuff about the trinity, and the nature of the oneness with the holy spirit and all that. It's in there, but I don't think Jesus expects us to grasp onto that crap perfectly. He wants us to live by his message.

>Son of the One God.
I like how you said that btw.

Attached: ED3CD6B7-6786-49A0-96D2-F12BD0E823DA.jpg (572x599, 57K)

It will be

Attached: pepe buddies1.jpg (1375x645, 83K)

God bless, user.

Attached: 942DAA1E-9DB5-44A1-A90C-2F042574AA2F.jpg (418x467, 107K)