The ethnic group "American"

Can someone explain this map to me? There's a huge area in the South East where the predominant ethnic group is just listed as "American". What's that about?

Are these just white Americans who don't really know much about their roots? Aren't a lot of white people in that part of the US of Scottish or Irish descent?

Attached: IMG_0143.png (2000x1483, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=STzoTmbemvA&list=PLy4cr7LaCUZLfh3wMKYOo-PaYAb0PVLaJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a genotype which only exists in the United States of America due to the admixture of every possible race on Earth.

That is my ethnic group. Descendants of the original English settlers. They began in Virginia and Maryland and migrated south and into west Georgia. They got their land mostly from bounties paid from service in the revolutionary war, the war of 1812, and the Seminole wars.

i am a white american with
- anglo
- irish
- swedish
- baltic
- iberian

ancestry

i identify as "white american" not any of those ethnic groups

No, it's just that the only real Americans live in the SE.

they are ethnically english.

dios mio...

You're not white retard.

wrong.

Appalachians identify with "American" because Appalachian people are essentially their own ethnic group. In reality they are almost all Ulster Scots or from Scottish Borderlands

Attached: kentucky-family_formation-of-groups-800x608.jpg (800x608, 198K)

THOSE BE MY PEOPLE, YO

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa1.png (1600x1500, 610K)

It's a lot of Scots-Irish yea, also English.

youtube.com/watch?v=STzoTmbemvA&list=PLy4cr7LaCUZLfh3wMKYOo-PaYAb0PVLaJ

Unlike most of (((America))), Appalachia has a unique culture that gives them an ethnic identity - hence why they identify as American

Attached: 13893100980_fc5f6f823b_b.jpg (640x864, 119K)

It's the mostly British Isles-descended white people who've been here so long as to have no connection to their particular European ethnic identity, as well as being such a mixture of those ethnic groups as to not even be able to determine which one predominates genotypically or ethnically

>Aren't a lot of white people in that part of the US of Scottish or Irish descent?
Yes, but they're incredibly fucking dumb and degenerate so they just identify as "American" rather than their actual ancestry.

I also am a member of this ethnic group, but I think there is a distinction to be made between this later conception of ethnicity and the earlier, only implicitly white "American" identity specifically having to do with being descended from solely British ethnic groups
Seethe harder spic

>ethnogenesis isn't a thing

>Baltic
>Iberian
>White

Scots-Irish, not Irish. We know what we are.

Then they mixed with Irish Americans and they are all paddy’s now.

>Descendants of the original English settlers.
That's what I heard too.

That Americans who descend from the original settlers identify themselves only as "American" because there was no reason to establish a cringe term such as British American and that they weren't exactly on good terms when they seperated from Britain.

its the pc term for "white trash"

Ulster Scot, I descend from Scots-Irish too, from the North though.

>In reality they are almost all Ulster Scots or from Scottish Borderlands
Border reiver ancestry here. Charlestons.

Still live in Northumberland. Not sure to be proud or ashamed that some of my ancestors were bandits who robbed people on the border for a living.

Attached: 17929fef74677827dd3e151f3ddacdce.jpg (736x280, 58K)

which ancestry isn't white, and why?

how are baltic and iberians non-white?

be specific

Charletons*

Because ur niggers

It is not an argument made in good faith

Attached: global-genetic-distances-map (1).jpg (3741x3887, 939K)

About 80% brittish and 20% germanic. I don't see the problem

lmao no they're not original english settlers.

they're appalachians, mostly the poorest scots-irish.

they're "american" because they don't have the european cultural identity anymore unfortunately.

/thread

there mostly fat, have diabetes and shart in mart

They're loosely British stock (English, Irish, and Scottish or some mix). Most of those counties were settled after the Revolution, when America began pushing past the Appalachians toward the Mississippi River in the late 1700s and early 1800s. They had no particular reason to identify as English or Irish or whatever, so they identified as Americans, and that stuck.

In contrast, the places you see that identify as English--parts of New England and the Mormon regions out west--had a clear and strong ethnic identity when they were founded, either well before the Revolution (in the case of New England) or as a result of being Mormon weirdos in a predominantly German-settled West. Same for the Irish regions in the Northeast, which maintained a strong ethnic identity due to their being regarded as Others in the early 1900s.

It’s not they don’t know about their roots it’s they identity as American first. Yes Those are mostly scots Irish

>Can someone explain this map to me?
It is completely meaningless. Americans don't know their ancestry any more than you know if you are Anglo, Saxon, Briton, Dane, Roman, Norman, Frank, etc

Appalachians are subhumans.

>Using American as a pejorative
"American" as they use it IS European/white. It's fags who don't have strong roots here that need to hyphenate. American = white
x-American = Fag

>Are these just white Americans who don't really know much about their roots?
This group might know more than average due to tradition
>Aren't a lot of white people in that part of the US of Scottish or Irish descent?
More like English and Scottish. The "Irish" are Scots-Irish. The only thing Irish about them is that is the country their ancestors fled

>they're appalachians, mostly the poorest scots-irish.
Scots-Irish are Ulster Scots who are the British Loyalists in Northern Ireland, they weren't British aristocracy but they were the original settlers. Tons of catholic and protestant Scots-Irish now fled during the 1640s-1689 whenever their side was on the losing side, that period saw three civil wars in a decade, the execution of the Catholic king Charles, the abolishment of the monarchy and the establishment of a short-term republic headed by Cromwell, then the Restoration of the monarchy after Cromwell's death by the Catholic King James, and then in 1688 the overthrow of that Catholic King James for a protestant Dutchman called William and his wife Mary... So on.

Attached: 1508904483324.png (820x1020, 377K)

This guy gets it. They settled Georgia and Tennessee, Arkansas and Alabama, Mississippi, North Louisiana, and even Texas. They even branched into the west in some cases.

Kike and/or urbanite detected

Attached: (((you))).jpg (1600x1067, 663K)

Educated people hyphenate when talking about ancestry, dumb fuck.

Am I American?
I’m 50% English from the Pilgrims
30% Luxembourgish
18% German
2% Polish

You aren't going to find many people in 2019 who are completely British in America.

>america is white

Attached: 1509328837311.jpg (1920x1210, 1.16M)

That's because you lack any roots here. You feel no connection to your land (probs because your senpai moved around and you were born in a soulless city) so you need to compensate by identifying with a culture you never even were a part of. Meanwhile, I'm surrounded by whites in a white community with a long and storied history

Believe it or not before the advent of rail and automobiles, an actual distinct American ethnicity was considered to be a real thing as the population had been isolated >300 years in many areas. The immigration act of 1965 and modern liberal ideas are probably the reason you've never heard of this before. Due to relatively strict self segregation this population is a widespread reality (though it has little to do with the self identification in the map you posted, which is more a cultural display). Contrary to popular belief on Jow Forums this ethnicity is not solely english or scots-irish. It is a mixture of all the oldest European colonists, including descendants of the British isles, Frenchmen, the Pennsylvania dutch, and in southern and western parts of they country include Iberian and Indian(feather) admixture.

The two groups mixed together. Most of the dna is English unless you live in the mountains. The english settled the east coast and then the Scottish settled west of that in the Appalachians

lol you tards
there not some proud noble group. they are white trailer trash. they are most likely to have black ancestry too, look up the studies

when you see pics of fat whites waddling around walmart in sweatpants you can bet they are "american" ethnicity

>Appalachia literally the whitest part of the country
Hyphenated Americans may or may not be white
Mountain people who identify as white are ALWAYS white :)

Keep up the self-hatred you urbanite faggot I'm laughing at your lack of culture

Nope. I am a General American with a superior human General American accent.

>Mountain people who identify as white are ALWAYS white :)

Attached: 1509328517431.png (1274x1000, 47K)

t. lives in a trailer and has a black great grandparent

The Anglo southerners did have an identity, they were Cavaliers

lmao white trash are the 56% meme personifed

Stay salty :)

Attached: mtnwomen03.jpg (620x450, 120K)

>with a superior human General American accent.
t. superior RP English accent and also next in line for the throne

My ancestors have been in America since the late 1800's. I think we are well established moron. "American" isn't an ancestry unless you are some kind of fucking retard.

>Am I American?

assuming you were born in USA, yeah, you're a white native american

Your pic is what urban americans look like, never seen a mutt in my life

Keep coping :)

Mind explaining why? Because they're poor?

>Your pic is what urban americans look like, never seen a mutt in my life
Look in the mirror

Attached: 1508819427371.png (900x466, 387K)

American as an ethnicity refers to mountain people aka Appalachians.

You may be American but you have not experienced an ethnogenesis yet. You would have had it not been for rootless cosmopolitanism taking over

I love your self-hatred. You associate America with mutts because you don't live where I do. Stay mad fag :D

Attached: appalachian-mountains-003.jpg (1536x1024, 250K)

>:D

Attached: 1509872442380.png (588x575, 22K)

bet that woman took some BBC ;)

Scots-Irish are a mixture of Scots and English, and they started coming here pretty early.

There are plenty, though a significant portion are Mormon. I'm of almost completely British ancestry.

t. shat in mart

Moron.

scotch-english, german, croatian-hungarian, dutch, carpo-romania...
yep, im an american

Textbook projection. The urbanite inferiority complex shows itself once again!

Attached: 3b41595u-670x1024.jpg (670x1024, 64K)

There's nothing great or glorious about these people.

>stupid
>poor
>uneducated

guy on left is def not pure white

white trash btfo

MUTTISTAN ETHNICITY MAP

BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR AGESh

t. 1/8 black

Have sex

Attached: Meghan-Markle-baby-Prince-Harry-latest-news-1860653.jpg (590x350, 34K)

Lol! "American" as an ethnicity has been around for hundreds of years. Maybe you're angry SLC has a bunch of Tongans so you don't really have a white home

Show flag

Attached: hopkins+family.jpg (570x424, 84K)

>>white-niggers

sure

I read your comment wrong. Windsor has been mongrelized. Time for an Aryan Aristocracy.

Attached: 1936-German-ss-men.jpg (600x600, 80K)

that german thing sounds like alot of shite to me
most of the people claiming to be german have english names
fucked up saxon genetic history shows them as germans lol

The next guy to call himself king should be whoever rises to political power and slays the paki horde. He earns it rightfully.

That map is skewed a bit. It looks like someone expanded "American" to include a lot of area where people actually claim English.

The Argentinian is Sarah Ferguson and she has blue eyes, however her husband (Andrew) and daughters do not.

>Stupid
wrong
>Poor
So? Most rich people are degenerate basedboys
>Uneducated
Explain why the majority of people need to be educated. Most people go to uni than ever before and look at how many faggots it brings. If you can farm and hunt that's all you need.

Most importantly we have a culture. Something you lack hence your seething rage.

You sound like a kike who convinces cultureless masses that GDP and education is the end all.
wrong

and they love Trump but Trump don't love them like he does the jews

Attached: Trumpluvjews.jpg (877x495, 82K)

>Textbook projection. The urbanite inferiority complex shows itself once again!

Attached: 1510280817303.jpg (517x483, 164K)

More people*

t. obese diabetic tard who sharts in mart

Why do you type like a 40 year old mutt mother?

Attached: 1509332000463.png (560x590, 16K)

you know nothing, it's been mongrelized

Attached: blackisroyal.jpg (480x320, 29K)

You have to have a college degree and a well-paying job to have worth as a person?

Going by that, we seriously ought to be listening to our betters in New York and Los Angeles. Yeah, universities know what's up. The media knows what's up. Why the fuck are we listening to some dumb white Pennsylvania retards? Obama went to Harvard, you know.

Harry's like a reverse coal burner. What should be the term for that? Chimney sweep?

Obese? LOL! I eat fresh organic food everyday. How's your processed McShart food working out for you?

Question for the cultureless mutts in this thread:
Would you rather be rich without a history or culture (ie: most of America) or live simply in a white community with deep roots?

Attached: 1509663920639.png (476x401, 138K)

>t. Mutt

>My ancestors have been in America since the late 1800's.
You're a newcomer. We've been here since at least 1621 in both Virginia and Massachusetts. The Northern branch eventually moved down South to Charleston after it was established in the late 1600s.

I'm descended from this English gaylord (refer to pic). His grandson came over as the governor of Virginia. I'm not descended from him, but his younger brother, who was the Vicker in Jamestown. His descendants stayed and spread out across the South.

Attached: thomas-wyatt.jpg (448x293, 50K)

>deep roots

you mean the BBC your great grandma took deep?

Tell me more, who is the one on the left?

Exactly. University used to be for a select few who thirsted for knowledge. Now it's for everybody and it churns out faggots. I have a degree but I know I learned more on the land and in my community.

Understandable mistake - you wouldn't have any idea what deep roots are

Allow me to present my counter-argument.

No they don't.