/MMG/ GOLD FEVER EDITION

>/MMG/ GOLD FEVER EDITION
Making Money General according to current politics and the globe
After taking the redpill and living in a shitty society in many countries I already grow tired of just being a wageslave and dying slowly because of (((them)))
So why don't we share ideas about how to start making real money instead of living check to check..
I'm thinking about investing all my money on gold just in case that the economy collapse
What do you guys think about the Gold industry?

Attached: goldie-goldie.jpg (700x467, 308K)

Gold standard was fine in the 19th century and served well for the general public by restricting government in its spending. But in the current situation where government spending is generally above 40% of GDP almost everywhere it isn't feasible anymore whatsoever.
Also with the introduction of a highly concentrated banking sector with central banks that become more and more political and less independent a gold standard is impossible to have.
Floating exchange rates with fiat currency is fine, if you can restrict government from having access to the central bank and set a fixed percentage of GDP they can spend per year instead of allowing them to have unbelievable deficits

T. Economist

I wouldn't put everything in gold. But basically half my retirement savings is in a typical 401k type thing, and the other half is in gold and silver.

>T.Holland
So where is the investment burble is today?

Thanks user, that's a great idea as well!
I see the gold as my bypass in case of some imminent collapse incoming, but I can also turn the gold into jewelry easily and sell it in the markets around the world, Colombian gold is well known and people usually want it in the commerce

Yeah, hopefully I never have to sell the metals and just give them away to family when I'm old. But it's really nice to know I can liquidate it pretty much any time if I need to and more than likely at the very worst break even.

I can borrow against the 401k stuff for certain things, but other than that I pretty much can't touch it until I get old anyway. So that's kind of a big bet about the future, and the government has had legislation on the shelf since the 90s for confiscating those kinds of plans.

Investment bubble is right now here in real estate for sure, also emerging markets in general that are overly valued because of too optimistic reports by the IMF and World Bank on economic outlook for the next year.

>t. kike

I can assure you I'm not

>thinks he's going to get old
>will probably just get killed by a spic or nigger
>before retirement because once whites are a minority, it will be open season on whitey

I work with hundreds of kilos of gold and silver every day AMA and I'll give you what I know

>I'm not a fucking kike
>Yes China/HK is hoarding Gold and foreign cash

I don't really want to get old anyway. But I do want to have something if I do, and I want to be able to use some before I get old if need be.

And yes, I already have guns and all the rest.

whats the best and simplest form of silver/gold to buy for a poor man's start investment? how to avoid getting fucked ?

A small investment in Gold/Silver would be a 1oz, or fraction of an oz, minted or cast piece from a reputable refinery.

Reputable refineries will be able to provide you with things like assay certificates, the origin of the metal, and proof of purchase and an agreed market rate on day of purchase

To avoid fucked, you can use a major online dealer like apmex. If you really hunt around you might get to know a smaller dealer that happens to have something on hand for slightly less, or different ways they price by quantity, but by and large all reputable dealers are going to be operating off about the same spread and about the same spot prices.

The trick is what to buy, and I'll let the aussie take the first shot at that.

Nice user that could be a family tradition right there!
>passing gold through generations

I see, having properties always helps everywhere, investing in buildings will do some goods

Getting old sucks but it will be cool if you have money and can travel around wherever you want

Thanks user, how do you see the colombian gold in the business? Should I bet my money on it?
>how can start a gold business if I'm broke/poor?
>can I travel around selling gold/plate in other countries like jewelry making profit without paying to much taxes?

Let me guess you didn't buy LINK?

Buy gold if you want to invest your large quantity of fiat in something more stable and permanent. Keep in mind that if you don't physically hold the gold, you'll have to pay someone to keep it for you.

Silver is good to buy because the price is much more affordable right now and there is less overheads associated with securing it and moving it.

im a poor amerimutt so we're talking about 1500 to invest in metals. so silver would be best?

the other guy mentioned online dealers, but is it better to go out somewhere and buy it in person?

Yup yup. I'm a "platinum member" at apmex from having bought so much over the years that I get a nice big discount on shipping, although they no longer undercut the competition quite as much as they used to. I do a lot of business with a local dealer, though, both to support the little guy, and because she knows more about things I don't know as much about, and she ran the best 3 hours a week of Bob Chapman interviews back when he was still alive.

Taxes are nearly impossible to avoid on transactions, but it should be noted that most countries exempt gold from import duties provided it is of a high purity, usually 9.995 minimum. Coloumbia is outside of my field of expertise.
If you're not mining gold, you're trading it, so you'll have to buy low and sell high like everyone else. Gold is generally stable, so generating large profit may be difficult to do quickly unless you have a large quantity of metal.

For that, I'd say look at just buying as many tubes (20 per tube) of silver eagles as you can afford. They're minted by the US government and everybody knows what they are.

The alternative would be 90% "junk silver" which is regular quarters, dimes, half dollars that were minted by the US government back when they were 90% silver. Similarly recognized everywhere, and now you can transact in less than an oz.

>what did I miss?
I didn't

$1500US of silver will give you a decent quantity that you can keep at home. Make sure you buy silver that has been minted/cast with a brand from the refinery on each piece. Certificates are also desirable

Oh, and you can call to get quotes from anywhere. If a local dealer can save you from having to pay shipping, all the better. And then you can get to know a local shop where you could liquidate or hear second opinions.

Also, do due diligence on who the refinery is. If they seem dodgy or like they dont really exist, go elsewhere.

bump
how do you guys feel about the silver kruggerands, pick up a few or buy more recognizable?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (737x758, 74K)

I work direct with mines and refineries so dealers I don't have a lot of interaction with, but like any middle man, I'd try to cut them out

Do you know where can I start selling jewelry? Like country, cities that consume the most each year etc? I'm thinking about selling chains, rings etc as well as I travel, in other words I want to turn my business in constant vacations, but I don't know how much in U.S$ I should start the invest

Anybody who knows gold and silver knows what a kruggerand is, so if you can save money that way then go for it. I'm a fan of keeping a substantial portion of what I have in US (or Canadian) stuff just in case I have to transact with somebody who doesn't know much. But I have a whole bunch of other stuff if for no other reason than to be able to hold it in my own hand so I know what it is if I see it in the wild.

A lot of smaller dealers are keen on British Sovereigns, and these are probably the most recognized thing around the world.

And this guy is right about going direct to refineries, but, as you can see, that requires getting to know the industry better. So if you don't know it yet, then you might wait until you have more experience yet.

So hey, how can I start doing what you're doing being broke and living in a 3rd world country?
>should I start looking for brute gold in rural areas on my own?

Attached: vlcsnap2018020710h36m03s804.png (480x360, 205K)

D&J is its own beast with its own rules. Governments love taxing the shit out of diamonds because they know men will pay through the nose through them anyway. Thanks, de Beers. It's outside of my expertise, but I will tell you that Dubai is the city for jewelry; they love that shit, and all the big players are there. They love all sorts of classy and gaudy designs, so if you have a unique designer, perhaps you can do something.

Being broke is difficult, but if you can get access to genuine articles of precious metals, you can start trading. Just be aware that gold without serial numbers snd records if sale is gold that is either fake or gold that can be easily stolen from you.

Fun fact, the most traded article of gold is the kilobar. It weighs (you guessed it) one kilogram, and it fits in your hand. These are issued with a certificate stating purity and orgin, are branded with the refinery's logo, and have a serial number stamped on them that serves as an identifier kept both with your country's customs records and the refinery's sale records. If a bar seems dodgy to you, you can confirm the serial number's authenticity with the refinery who cast it.

thanks pals

Don't be quick to get yourself talked in to anything if you don't yourself know that it's a good idea. Come back here or something similar and ask questions from people who have no skin in the game. Ask one dealer about another dealer's opinion, just as you would do when shopping for a car. The industry is absolutely rife with shysters who run old, old scams on new, new people.