June 24th

Reminder that all social media platforms will be 'offline' this coming 24th. Current Happenings will be nothing compared to what comes out on that day

Attached: 1560469059505.jpg (800x450, 27K)

Thank God I can communicate globally without the internet or a telephone in realtime.

Attached: IAMREADY.jpg (1200x900, 190K)

ham?

Yarp.

Oh, like the asteroid that destroyed us earlier this month? Jow Forums is absolutely shit at PREDICTING happenings. Jow Forums is a fun place to REACT to happenings after they happen. But Jow Forums's predictions are LARPy bullshit. You should know this by now.

based.

such bullshit.

Olives?

>trying to stop Jow Forums getting excited about a happening
*clacking laughter*

Attached: 1551142638919.gif (480x270, 3.74M)

oh its not the skeleton gif but my point still stands

I just got a new antenna and base station for UHF/VHF, much better than my old station, and I've been so happy with it.

Next up is a better amplifier for HF comms. I have a great antenna already and can talk to Russia on 100 Watts alone but I want to be able to put out 1500 in case of an emergency.

>HURRR HAPPENING GUYSH
>HAPPENING LOL
>LOL GUYS IT'S HAPPENING XD
Just stop. This shit is so fucking boring.
Nothing ever fucking happens.

Attached: 1558640150317.png (500x322, 118K)

$25 each with free delivery. I got a couple. They did have brine in them, but I scrubbed them clean.

I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet.

OP's Butt plugs?
>op is a faggot

the only problem i have with ham is the prohibitions on encryption...
seems like communication in most emergencies isn't as good if you can't secure it

also, how big an antenna do you need to hit russia?
do you have neighbors? do they complain?

I do ARES/RACES (disaster communications) and clear channels are important. We want anyone who can listen to know what's going on even if they can't talk to us.

The Military relay service (MARS) is the only service allowed to transmit encryption and the MARS guys wouldn't even know what they're relaying.

And frankly, encrypting is easy. I have a friend on 2M I get beers with regularly and we don't say the bars' names on the radio. One bar is "The Apple Cart," and another is "The Dealership."

My HF antenna is 102 feet long and nearly invisible. I have neighbors who I'm in good relations with and told them if I ever come through their TV or radio, let me know and I'll fix it. I have a bunch of ferrite cores I can connect to their stuff that suppresses RFI. No one has had an issue so far. (1500 watts might be an issue)

I can't fucking wait to be away from this fucking website for 10 days or whatever you fags came up with as a end date.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (400x386, 34K)

Pay day is tomorrow...

Attached: A1D4E611-8890-4C36-B8EF-588E302D47D1.gif (288x284, 3.12M)

cool, thanks for the explanation.
in school right now, but i plan to get my license once i graduate.

You should. Just expect an investment of at least $1000 for a good HF/VHF/UHF set up and that's not even including digital modes.

IC-7300 (used on QRZ.com) for HF and an IC-2730A for UHF/VHF (new $250 at DX Engineering) are a good start.

Kiss my ass boomer larpfag

>IC-7300 (used on QRZ.com) for HF and an IC-2730A for UHF/VHF (new $250 at DX Engineering) are a good start.
rad, will check those out - thanks again!

IC-7300 is a very common, nice radio and there are always ones for sale. If you want to get fancy, an FT-991A or a TS-590SG are great, the 590SG actually reads out Morse code for you. Avantone studio speakers are great monitors for your radio if you're willing to spend the money. I have them for my radios and the audio is excellent.

Also, a few $35 Baofeng UV-5R handhelds in your kit can be really useful for Search and Rescue and you won't feel bad if one gets lost or stolen.