CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION THREAD

Converting to Christianity but am not sure which denomination. Right now I'm interested in either Catholicism or Southern Baptist.Thoughts?

Attached: 1559476790909.jpg (1711x1500, 597K)

Go orthdox. No cucked marxist pope. No cringe evangelicals. Good balance.

Southern Baptists are retards. Pick literally anything else.
Catholicism has a nice history but has been compromised probably beyond repair by Marxists.
fpbp

To convert, you have to start with the Judeo-Christian belief that there are magic apples that give one instant god-like knowledge when eaten. The apples actually have magic apple power but are also cursed by the magic Jew-god called Yahwah. You believe that Adam and Eve ate the Genesis fruit thus awakening the wrath of Yahwah. This is how you start to construct a Biblical Judeo-Christian worldview with Biblical Judeo-Christian worldview beliefs.

Go with Steven Anderson's Baptist thing, it's kinda based. He thinks gays should be put to death. If unavailable, go Orthodox

Visit a few different churches, user.
Pick the one you feel comfortable in.
Take your time, and pray on it.

Attached: 367DCAD5-053E-47D6-88F1-079F81EAFBD7.jpg (718x608, 180K)

fuck off kike

can you explain more about why SB are retards? I thought their beliefs are considered fairly based. pic related

Attached: Messages Image(4201239249).png (2304x6218, 1.92M)

None.
Christianity wasn't intended to have denominations.
Just follow the bible and the founders of the church.
Anything else is a meme.

Mainline protestantism. You don't have the evangelical pro-Israel retardation, and you don't have a Pope that sucks refugee dick and clergy that diddles little kids. Mainline protestantism is truly the way to go. I grew up in a Methodist church

If you want to go to a church, find one with a congregation that's no more than 200 in number but not too few. Too many people, you end up losing those personal connections with the rest of the congregation. Too few, and the church could be dying and may not last

Look for something that's mostly traditional. If they're playing Christian rock or pop songs and going on constantly about missionary work in foreign countries, get the fuck out as soon as you can. If they bombard you with X, Y, and Z, get the fuck out. A good church will ease you in and not pressure you at all. A good church will also focus on helping their local community and members within the church before anyone else

Attend their events, specifically the pot lucks and whatnot. Join a bible study group. These are great ways to get to know the other people. Pastors will come and go, so don't worry too much about that. But if you can, find one with a pastor that can keep you awake and engaged during the sermon

What you'll quickly find out is that church is more than just the religious stuff. They become your extended family. Everyone will know each other and know a little bit about each other, and those that you're around more become your close friends. The strong, social group aspect is just as important as the religious teachings. And it will just happen upon you too with little effort, so if you're introvert like me, don't worry too much about trying make friends. It'll naturally happen

I lost my church due financial reasons, the church I grew up in. The congregation scattered to other churches, but losing that extended family left a massive hole in my heart. I wish I could have it back. I haven't yet built up the strength to join a new one

Attached: 1469153244346.jpg (250x242, 7K)

Be the denomination of the one whose message and preaching actually touched your heart. Denominations are biblically illogical, but in a practical sense they help keep the entire intellectual bell curve of Christian's happy and striving for attaining an understanding of God and becoming like Him

Go Lutheran. You aren’t going to hell for choosing one form of Bible thumper over another, but Lutherans are very down to earth and extremely redpilled. You will avoid the boy raping of the popes cult and the “dancing is sin” bullshit headaches of the Baptist’s.

All of them are great, goy, but I personally recommend Catholicism because they're the best at adhering to G-d's commands to love refugees and to turn the other cheek.

Attached: 1553376188595.png (501x504, 89K)

But a lot of things are sin that you all don't realize... like TV and the internet. And a lot of dancing is too. They're all dopamine hacks that people do to get their fix of feeling good. If you progress down the path of seeking God you'll see that in order to grow in Him, you NEED to reject random dopamine from random things, because those little bursts of pleasure that we partake in BECOME who we are as people. So to truly become as God, you need to reject the pleasure of the world and seek pleasure only in Him, and after a while you will become Christlike, with a heart actually devoted to God. That is the final red pill of Christianity.

Also, try to avoid Apostolics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, and the like. They're batshit insane and strict in their views, and the latter two aren't even christian. Though many of us mainline protestants barely or don't even consider Catholics to be christian either. The feeling is probably mutual. I'm not sure.

>missionary work in foreign countries
Why are you against missionaries?

The feelings do seem to be largely, or even mostly mutual. Roman Catholics tend to adhere to their church's standpoint that they are the only universal church, whereas lots of others think of Catholics as distinct in their follies, and arguably non-Christian due to Pagan influences.

It's not that I'm against missionary work. It's just I've seen churches who opt to focus all their efforts on helping starving kids in Africa and converting Chinese people in China rather than help their local communities and their own members.

My biggest contention with Catholics is praying to Mary instead of to God through Jesus Christ the Savior. In the Methodist Church, when getting baptized, you do have to say you believe in the Holy Catholic Church among other things. From what I can tell, and I'm not an expert, the Methodist Church isn't too far divorced from the Catholic Church. We are protestant, and for sure there are differences, but compared to many of the other denominations, we're more similar than not. Ritual, tradition, and a strong emphasis on bible study is what you're gonna see in a Methodist church.

Can't beat old school Lutheranism

Attached: On-the-Jews-and-their-Lies-cover.jpg (246x369, 37K)

Go to a few churches. Stay at the one where you feel God the strongest.
I'm R-cath, because as a child I could literally feel The Presence during service. One day, after returning as an adult, the priest that baptized me told me to stop coming to the super-trad cathedral, start attending the inner city, super progressive, homeless shelter, church. I went there once, and The Spirit opened my mouth like my baptist cousins.
Now, I'm working on turning their SJW "Creation care" ministry into an urban farm.
I don't know what kind of life God has set for you, friend. Don't know where you'll find it, or how it will change you.
But the important thing is to be looking for God, not shopping theologies.
That said, Protestants are into some weird shit. I'd start (and stay) Catholic. If you're a third generation American, go Latin or Western rite. If second or first, Latin or ethnic orthodox.
>muh schismatics
Get bent. If Seraphim of Sarov has useful spiritual techniques, and I can see/smell The Presence at a Jesuit Mass, then God may care more for the flock itself then wolves amongst the shepherds.

Attached: a7f0ce01f180f2776a719b19be6c8445.jpg (550x650, 60K)

Try Orthodoxy. The best bet would be to visit whichever churches you're thinking about.

what translation u anons read?

If you can find a church that doesn't allow niggers you might be alright. I don't think you can though.

Just read the King James Bible start to finish. Right now. Before 2020.

This is probably the best advice in this thread. Jesus pictures attract kikes like flies.

>denomination
>denominator
>division
You're retarded. All "denominations" are not part of Christ's church. There is only one body.

Why would you do that, OP?

If it is to get a trad wife, that's a fucking joke.

>Holy Catholic literally translates to uniquely whole
>You will know mine because they love one another
NAB for home use. RSV when camping, hiking, fishing, motorbike-ing, working, in waiting rooms, watching my sister's kid, etcetera.
I think RSV is the poetic version used in official readings.

King James Version, New American Bible, Revised Standard Version
KJV had language manipulated to match Anglican doctrine of the era, and take away from Roman authority. NAB is translated for the clearest plain English understanding, incorporating the oldest source material available. RSV incorporates the corrections from NAB, and modernizes the pronouns from KJV.
Don't get me wrong. It's a work of art. But for theological use there are better sources, aside from learning Greek.

Or, if you like funposting, just read the notes out of a Douray Rheims.

Attached: ee2d58af49247be1e1cc230a59da2525-01.jpg (1414x2000, 1.35M)

Orthodoxy.

Attached: 805baf0ab2b05a66a057b7043efa3e2e.png (659x249, 38K)

stop using that khazar depiction of Christ you kike

Fpbp