Is it unpatriotic to buy foreign cars?

Is it unpatriotic to buy foreign cars?

Attached: 17333165_411953212471811_7463522351393538048_n.jpg (1080x1080, 182K)

Na dude. Hondas and Toyotas are better made cars in general. American cars just are not as well made these days

The only "patriotic" American cars are from Tesla

yes and no.

hey great image you got there
>hide thread
>all fields

Considering most american cars are utter trash, I think it's ethically sound.

Hondas and Toyotas are made in factories in America, so it's not entirely pissing away wealth to a foreign country.

is it unpatriotic for me to fuck amerimut sluts?

yes

but i do it anyway

No not necessarily. American cars still rust, which just should not happen anymore. I have a Dodge, but I won't question anyone's patriotism for going for a Jap car.

ya, very soon it will be

Attached: WhyNoChongCar.jpg (1000x676, 156K)

No homo but what kind of car is that?
Looks Australian

From the vegetation, you could be right. You know what's sad? That Ireland has never produced any famous cars. I've always liked Ireland.

Attached: 1368380753529.jpg (600x747, 65K)

No since most of our cars are being produced in Asia.
I drive an Audi 80.
This is patriotism

American cars are garbage

>from a swede kek
When was the last time Sweden made a decent car? 1977?
>I won't question anyone's patriotism for going for a Jap car.
I do
>American cars still rust
Not F-series pickups. Consumable items like ball joints will wear no faster than any car on earth, will last longer than any Euro made automobile (they tend to spec light on suspension material due to unsprung weight affecting handling). Those parts will likely last longer than Japanese cars as well which are halfway German in this regard.
F-150 has an aluminum body, the frame lasts through even northern salt, and the engines right now are best overall, from 5.0 down to Ecoboost. Diesel is no longer worth it.
Japanese cars will rust pretty good, Toyota Trucks you will be replacing the frame.
If you buy an F-series right now, you are looking at having a vehicle that can potentially last forever.

Its a 90's Falcon ute from the looks XF maybe

>Buy American goy!
>You wouldn't want to be unpatriotic would you?
>Buy our overpriced aluminum dolly that's built with planned obsolescence in mind
>Look! It's built in USA *cough*...with parts made in Mexico*cough*
>Rubs hands

My next vehicle is a Ford F-150

Honda and Toyota relative quality has dropped. Toyota reached relative quality peak in the mid-80s, and sustained it through 2002 or so. Honda reached relative quality peak in the early-90s.
Both have dropped precipituously since that time. The old 'hurrr Jap cars' meme is about 20 years old at this point. That's a Boomer perspective.
If you want German handling and luxury, fine, but those are not better cars. You should have cash money ready to throw away on that vehicle, but that isn't a better car, that's a luxury.
Japanese cars come at a premium that is no longer worth it. They are trading on reputation.
Korean vehicles are still amost worth it, but their prices have increased so they are pricing themsleves out of the sweet spot.
Other Eurocars are worse than German. If you really really want that cute 500, fine, do it, but it's not a better car. It's a tempermental, unreliable, expensive piece of shit that looks how you like.
Best overall price/performance/capability/reliability is American, and they're pulling away.

You mean the “American” cars that are assembled in Mexico?

Not necessarily, I think, as long as the quality is good. Swedish cars used to be good, but the ownerships have been overrun by curry-niggers, much like "English" cars. I would sooner shoot off my left ball than be seen driving around in some shitskin-produced Land Rover.

Attached: 1367946697863.jpg (612x612, 79K)

Hey, can I come rape a Swedish girl?

>The only "patriotic" American cars are from Tesla
This. Sadly, Tesla is a royal fuck-up of a company, and that is the only thing preventing me from buying one of their memecars. I don't understand how a company like that can have such unbelievably shitty repair service. They're unironically worse than China-tier in that regard.

Literally the exact same philosophy of every Auto manufacturer on Earth, the Germans are by far the worst in this regard.
Again, I love German cars, but you should be able to throw away cash the sticker price of one.
If you buy a used one and will lovingly maintain it, I also have no problem as this is legit auto enthusiasm.
If you are a Jow Forumsster and want to buy a car, and you buy a German car and make payments on it, you are a goddamned fool.

t. GM shill

My 2010 Camry runs great at 10 yrs and 120k+ miles. Same price range as American junk, plus no bailouts since they can actually turn a profit.

>open thread
>save pic
>leave thread

Toyota trucks are actually more American than "American" trucks these days. Hard to believe but it's true. Toyota trucks has factories in the US.

only german cars
funding any part of that cancerous shithole is unpatriotic

Yes.

I bought a Dodge Challenger back in 2010. Been a great car, man. Have had it since I bought it new. You know what it is? A Mercedes platform with a Mexican built Hemi V8 and it’s assembled in Canada. So it’s like I didn’t even buy an American car. Honda and Toyota (even Mercedes, etc) build their cars in the USA for the most part.

Tell American manufacturers to start making mini pickup trucks again and I'll buy American. I have no need, nor desire, for a four-door monster that's the size of two SUV's.

Toyotas are pretty popular among Third World militias, I hear. Toyota does make a sturdy vehicle, though, and so it's no real surprise.

Attached: 1383539484312.jpg (900x606, 63K)

There is no such thing as an American car. The parts are made elsewhere as are tye materials.

absolute unit

Great truck man
U will love

>So it’s like I didn’t even buy an American car
And then you learn that Dodge is owned by Fiat

Attached: cry.jpg (600x314, 19K)

The vegetation doesn’t look Australian. And then Suzuki Ute in the background isnt very common.

I've owned several Toyotas including a Camry. They are no longer worth it. I'm sure your car runs great, this was a big deal in 1995, it is now expected and Toyota offers zero premium above domestic cars.
>plus no bailouts since they can actually turn a profit.
Japanese export industries are in a state of perpetual bailout. That's why there exists a JDM engine market, why kids got into Toyotas in the '90s. JDM has to change their engine out at low mileage, by law, and this is to keep manufacturers in business.
This is literally a state of perpetual bailout.
Even with all of that, it is impossible for a foreign nation like Japan to make and sell autos across the globe that meet the premium attributes they demand by price.
That was not true prior to the early 2000s. But, those days are passed.
Your Camry is just fine, they had problems around your years and just after. But they are not worth the price.
If you're a carlet and bought peace of mind, fine. I look down on you for being so ignorant you are buying a reputation. But that's your choice, Grandpa.

Japanese cars are fine.
True greatest ally, the Japs.

The most horrifying thing about that photo is that it's real.

Looks like a Suzuki mighty boy

Agreed.

Attached: 1554743448960.gif (245x147, 885K)

Arn't Japanese cars ironically more "made in America" than cars like Ford and GM who just use Mexican labor?

my buddy had a 90's camry with like 375,000 miles and it was still running fine

My Lexus RX is built in Japan

>I've always liked ireland
me too, shame its filled with the irish though.

Toyota builds more vehicles in the us than individual domestic brands. Get what your family needs. You arent going to affect the market.

Maybe Americans should make better cars.

All I want is a 2 door AWD hatch that looks good and has solid HP.

Audi it is.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1107x984, 2.59M)

it entirely depends on what model
I've bought plenty of jap cars that were completely assembled in japan

american cars are hideous.

Attached: 1560264095747.jpg (460x512, 24K)

>Define foreign?

I had a 2001 Chevy S-10 built in Canada

I now have a 2012 Passat built in TN

Ford has plants in Mehico.

Chrysler is owned by Fiat.

Nissan, Toyota, Honda, VW, Volvo, and BMW all have plants in the US, providing Americans with jobs.

My tax dollars went to bail out the UAW pension in 2009, so FUCK American cars.

Attached: finger.gif (282x257, 1.8M)

It was a question not a statement retard. Think before you post.

>And then you learn that Dodge is owned by Fiat
The problem with your sarcasm is that Dodge Engineers now have more freedom to cater to the US market than when they were Big 3. Examples of this are Hellcat/Demon, PowerWagon, Jeep (they have a pickup now), and Cummins.
Dodge is very American, less reliable than GM or Ford but still runs money into this country at a higher rate than Jap and Euro cars made here.
Jap and Euro cars don't do near the Development here Fiat does, and those are high-paying jobs. And FCA produces more 'American' style cars because it turns out, Americans know what they want.

Buy Toyotas, they're made in america. American cars are now made in Mexico which is why they're so poorly put together.

my first car was a mk3 supra. my dad was always a mopar gear head but he knew i wanted some sick jap rice machine. gave it to me the night before prom. damn i miss him

Attached: 1553218415105.jpg (599x474, 44K)

Then buy it.
If you are buying a car made in the last 15 years you are stupid for paying Toyota premium.
t. owned more Jap cars than American

That’s wrong though. Lexus 4.7 8 cylinder will hit 300k with ease.

300k is also not a feat for the 3.3-3.5 6 cylinders 2005-2010

I don't even buy American tools
the build quality on Makita and their batteries are the best and worth the extra cash

Attached: iu.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

Up here there's nothing but fucking pine trees everywhere you go, and so I don't know much about Australian vegetation, but I just thought that Australia was pretty tropical, at least when not on fire. Sorry.

Attached: 1383594939775.jpg (640x634, 99K)

This the Tacoma is flying off lots as their is no real alternative. A Tacoma is the size of a lot of full size trucks years ago.

I'm team RED, but I got into them 10+ years ago, before Makita was really established.
If I wasn't already tied into them, Makita would prolly be it.

ehh, I'm on a german car phase again

I wonder if they taste the same?

Attached: bored spanky.gif (220x145, 54K)

Its ok. No need to backpedal
You learn something new everyday.
>Dodge is even more american now that Fiat owns them

VW is objectively a bad car in every way. Yours works? Fine you're one example. They are the bottom-tier German car and it shows.
VW, Nissan, Toy, Honda, Volve, and BMW do not do engineering and product development in the US and it shows. Volvo, BMW, and VW are poor quality, every single metric agrees.
Nissan is poor quality and they're shit cars too.
Toyota and Honda cars are nice, they're too expensive, and the $17/hr American workforce is nothing but serfs.
FCA employs American Engineers and product developers.
Of course GM and Ford do, too.
Those are high-paying jobs.
Your post is Boomer-tier bullshit.
Thinking you're getting more by paying more is Grandma bullshit.

Attached: grandmainaricer.jpg (300x225, 23K)

I want to marry this girl and have her take black dick on our wedding night

>domestic silverado
>made in mexico

>foreign tacoma
>made in texas

Attached: 1556150948849.gif (300x168, 732K)

I use drills every day, and have not had a modern dewalt battery fail ever. Dewalt performance FAR exceeds makita. Makita are several generations behind dewalt tools.

It's not worth the money Lexus charges. They have dropped off the map because they still think they are worth what they were in the 90s.
No Lexus or Jap engine reaches 300k 'with ease'. Many of them do and so do many others.
Lexus has a marginal edge in quality, no edge in luxury or technology, they look like ass, and they're far, far too expensive for what they offer. Toyota should probably axe them
>but muh LFA
Stop depending on entertainment media for car information.

Coming at this from a diiferent perspective, I'm English-American. Born in england, emigrated and now a US citizen. I ONLY buy American - I love this country, I love this country's cars.

Attached: IMG_0020.png (1334x750, 2.19M)

The Japs are shit. MacArthur should have killed the Emperor but he is like Jesus to them. Fuck Jap scrap. Fucking rice burner shit. Fuck the zipper heads. Japs are the enemy forever.

Dewalt was bought out by black and decker years ago and have been shit ever since.

Yes

>open thread
>open pic
>Nice
>leave thread

Attached: 1559933288238.jpg (675x601, 106K)

As long as you're clearly black and pretend to be Syrian, sure thing!

Attached: 1555679758377.png (478x627, 29K)

that shit is made in mexico, rather give the japs my money

Nothing wrong with an Aussie Ute mate. Better then that pickup garbage you septic tanks drive.

150’s suspension are shit, need to go with the super duties for the solid front axle. But agreed takes a lot of neglect for the F series trucks to start rusting out.

Most Ford cars parts are made in America but often assembled in Mexico. Just look, probably says assembled in Mexico somewhere on it.

I wonder if you're actually not a faggot. Fuck off, yid.

Attached: 1518730169001.png (359x641, 105K)

I want suck her tits til they pop out and go hard, then I want to fuck her tight squeaking pussy til it juices up slick, then I want to shoot my come spurting deep through her uterus and have it squirt violently and ricochet down her fallopian alleys and slap her ovaries raw and pregnant.

>bought a brand new Wrangler
>immediately change a few things
>every stock part I have taken off so far has Made in USA stamped on it
Feels good.
FYI the first digit on the VIN# tells you where it's made.
>1,4,5,6 = USA
>2 = Canada
>3 = Mexico
>J = Japan
>K = Worst Korea
>W = Germany
>Z = Italy
>N = Turkey
I forgot the others, bound to be a reference online though.

Attached: 1468573665761.gif (300x169, 457K)

What does user mean by this?

What do you recommend instead of a Honda Civic?

Holy shit. I hope this is pasta.

Attached: 33710.jpg (1425x1064, 137K)

Is there any foreign car that doesn't run better with an LS and T-56 swap?

Attached: IMG_5688.png (519x448, 188K)

No.

t, VW Owner

He means he's a virgin and doesn't know how to sex

>implying you know skyte about Suzukis

Attached: 139591188525.jpg (458x423, 43K)

I can't afford the cars offered by my country, so I drive a 1985 Lada Riva hatchback.

Attached: LADANova-903_7.jpg (800x600, 87K)

newer VW's aren't actually that bad at all, the engines are fucking tiny but the interior is far superior to any jap car full of plastic in the same price range.

I don't care what you lable it, it's more intelligent, most foreign cars are better. I drive an X5 or a 335xi depending on the day, my wife drives an Audi s8, Americans don't make cars that compete with these IMO

I drive two old Chevy trucks but I got the wife a Camry. The new xse's push 301hp out of their v6s, they're surprisingly fast and nimble.

Shut up, homo.

Attached: 1546397461024.jpg (430x339, 33K)

No one should be making car payments, debt is slavery

>Implying

Fine choice my brother. AWD and manual trans are my preference, show me some American cars for me and I'll go buy one

Agreed. Any VW made in the last couple of years are great. Older ones just have too many problems. That’s been my experience anyway. Jap cars are okay but they all look really plastic and gay now. Toyota is absolute cringe these days.

I get the joke, but at least the Irish are preserving Ireland, unlike the English, who seem to be devoting all their time to shitting down their own necks.

Attached: 783390.png (540x741, 729K)

it's more unpatriotic for the big three to continue to build dog shit and expect me to buy it desu