United Auto Workers Union

What does Jow Forums think about unions, more specifically the UAW?

Personally I'm all for collective bargaining, but to me the UAW acts like a bunch of high time preference niggers wanting a quick buck instead of insuring members have a job in 5-10 yrs.

cnn.com/2019/06/15/business/volkswagen-united-auto-workers-union-vote/index.html

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-074830.png (1751x2048, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/union-vote-at-volkswagen-plant-in-tennessee-could-change-industry-11560526917
archive.fo/SPfdp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wsj.com/articles/union-vote-at-volkswagen-plant-in-tennessee-could-change-industry-11560526917

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-075519.png (1574x2048, 2.04M)

Had a purpose back when companies were fucking their employees freely. Now that the government and general public keep that shit from happening for the most part, they've turned into nothing more than glorified political machines. Joining a union should always be a choice and not a requirement when joining a job

Also, don't directly link CNN. No one wants to give those kikes clicks. Use archive

Unions are a communist haven and exist entirely to extort money from business owners and fleece the workers while offering them shiny trinkets, akin to Peter Minuit trading a bunch of beads to the Indians for Manhattan.

I'm sure some commie is going to attempt to call me a Jew as a result of posting this, but you need to remind yourselves. Jews are the archetypal middleman, which sums up the Union bosses role exactly.

archive.fo/SPfdp

They’re terrible organizations that actually hurt workers under the guise of helping them.

>Unions are bad because corporations are great

Absolute state of newfag kikes on 4chins pol

i've found union reps to be the most cowardly and subservient people when there is any real problem beyond what type of coffee to stock in the breakroom

The union at my place is full mof fucking retards and they only care about protecting unproductive boomers at the expense of young people.

Why the fuck should I give them my shekels? I can get much better conditions by negotiating with the company directly, since I'm not a useless sack of shit.
The union had absolutely no part in all the raises I got in the last 5 years.

It's not that the company "is great", the company exists to make money. It's literally its only purpose. It's up to you to convince them that they're better off paying you more/giving you more benefits/whatever rather than letting you move to one of their competitors.

>What does Jow Forums think about unions
Unions were literally infiltrated and taken over by the KGBs.
That's why they're so commie and 100% commie ideology, just in case you ever wondered.

Unions originally were founded, to keep unwanted workers out ( e.g. blacks ).

Unions should be illegal imho.
Why should there be a rightto strike, aka to sabotage and destroy your company for example ? Makes no sense. It's just literally subversive marxist tier actual terrorism objectively speaking.

>the UAW acts like a bunch of high time preference niggers wanting a quick buck instead of insuring members have a job in 5-10 yrs.

You pretty much summed it up
Unions in burgerland started out as protection for white workers against black scabs (on a whole)
They turned into globo homo political machines
They could be taken back, but they won't probably.

That's right if you can't provide value for Mr. Shekelstein you don't deserve to eat.

Unions are bad. Corporations are less bad. What's so hard for you to understand, faggot?

>People need to give me shit for free just because I exist

union workers should be raped by elephants

>Corporations faggify and destroy Western civilization in less than 100 years

>Good

Kys kike before your beaner replacement labor does

Worked under the teamsters union. It was pathetic.
>negotiate raise from bosses
>bosses are like "yeah, sure, no problem, just get the union guy to bring a contract in and we'll sign it"
>2 months later no contract
>6 months later no contract
>9 FUCKING MONTHS LATER NO CONTRACT

Our bosses were 100% agreeable and willing to give us what we wanted, and it took almost a year for our union rep to even show up with a half-assed contract that looked like it was written up by a 6th grader.

Glad $50 a paycheck went to those guys, really out there busting thier asses and fighting the bosses for us.

>Unions are a communist haven and exist entirely to extort money from business owners and fleece the workers while offering them shiny trinkets
Literally this.

The best deal for both national workers AND national businesses is, duh, a nationalistic government. As of today Japan is the country positioned closest to that ideal setup and unsurprisingly Japan's megacorps are doing fine, prioritizing long term goals over short term profits, Japanese workers are overall satisfied, working diligently even the humbles of assembly line worker will be rewarded for his effort from the cradle to the grave, and Japanese cars are wildly considered of the highest quality.

Where do you live?

Torino.

Spics are too ignorant to organize
They fall for whatever propaganda corporate throws at them
Management also ignores their fake papers if they play ball
Any production job with more than a couple dozen employees is always better off unionized
>if u want $$$$$$$
>pay $
>but $ is theft
>congratulations u get $$$
Otherwise llc capital rapes u as hard as possible
to maximize value of course

Attached: diversity.jpg (643x792, 150K)

I work for a Department of Energy contractor where a lot of people are union. It makes it God awful for people that have to work alongside of them.

I'm a supervisor and all of the people I'm in charge of are union and I'm not, so it makes it a huge pain in the ass.

Whenever I have to make a decision on something I have to ask 10 different people to make sure I don't end up in trouble.

Unions were cool when they were run by the workers for the workers. People died for our labor rights and protections, people killed for it. It was fucking heroic, these men stood up to actual armed mercenaries and shit.
Now, unions are corporatized. The union itself is a corporation, which kind of defeats the whole point. Fuck them.

I worked for a major Union. This is true.
Carteling labor isn’t immoral but being a dirty commie is

When did we switch back to the seperated v/w logo timeline?

My buddy works there lol, a lot of employees wanted that union lol.

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-084704_Files.jpg (1440x2960, 409K)

Not enough, clearly

They are going to. Note again next year

Vote* sorry riding bus

I worked at a union shop for 7 years.
>took my dues to fund Democrats
>actually called into union reps office and told to slow my productivity because it was making others look bad
Fuck unions.

>using "gay" as a negative slur
Report them.

Attached: 1546285045287.gif (302x302, 3.8M)

>implying companies still can't fuck you over

Attached: 1560606236133.jpg (600x598, 44K)

My union hall just had a pride party featuring Tetra Tormenta. They make the sportsman (white) committee pay for the buttseks committee.

American unions were busted with immigrant scabs

>dad works construction
>union company
>every election year get calls all day long telling him who to vote for
>gets "voting guide" in the mail telling him who to vote for
>all dems not a single R in sight

Unions are not the problem, leftist unions are. Corporatism is an integral part of fascism. This includes the state, the corporations and unions working together. Unions are a great way for the workers to have a say against large corporate entities, however, if the union is leftist then they actively work to destroy society.

>implying unions won't fuck you over.

Attached: 1560220069720.jpg (362x314, 24K)

Republicans are right to work which hurts unions so unions hate them. Right to work has been pretty good for my state, unions used to be mafia tier here where you couldnt get a job without swearing loyalty to a union.

This.

Jow Forums should revive real unions. NO JEWS, NO BLACKS, NO FOREIGNERS.

>no blacks

Let blacks in, unemployed negros isnt a good thing.

I think the normiecon position on Unions (in theory) is both wrong and impractical.
That being said, I don't know of a single union that isn't utter trash.

Actually shows German car companies are smart. They tried to do this at a South Carolina BMW plant like 5 years ago and the workers rejected unionizing. Every few years, they'll offer it up to a new Southern plant, knowing that they don't trust the unions and won't accept.

Unions are good in theory, but the problem is that the corporations have weakened them with illegal spics and outsourcing. Companies will fuck you in the ass with no lube if they get the chance. They just see you as a loss of money they want to get rid of, remember that

The Auto Union workers reject an auto union.

Attached: 88C6F1B8-890C-4CF1-9C5E-B14A470553D3.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

VW plants in Germany are unionized

Ameridumbs are slaves to rich people. If the rich people want to replace Ameridumbs with immigrants then Ameridumbs will scream in excitement because rich people noticed them

Another deep state actor of course.... what else could have been .....

That witch is most of them....

Unions vote democrat, democrats get you the cesspool you have today.
Unions, not even once.

When did democrats become liberals? They used to be conservatives

I work for one of the few non union marine petroleum transporters state side and it's one of the best companies to work for. Unions are overrated but have some perks. But i like working non union.

Most of the people down south are smart enough to know that once the UAW is in, they will displace current workers with traditional values and work ethic with libtards from out of state. I remember seeing this a few years ago when they struck down their first vote... Why the fuck does the UAW keep getting "vote sessions" as if it's only a matter of time? GTFO and STFO of the South is my opinion.

Unions were good, and used for their intended purpose of protecting jobs and negotiating fair business between the workers and the companies. The disconnect nowadays is that the worker is a whore solely for the union, rather than an employee of the company. It doesn't work, and will never work. Unions have too much federal and state protection, and need to be stripped of much of it to prevent it from decaying the economy.

Locals used to be represented with pride and work ethic, but that's come and gone. Now it's about how one can fuck the job or the employer by elongating the project/process/job. It's a complete shit show. It's a shame because unions could very well have made this country prosper all-around, but you have Pete and Cletus at the top running the show and making the calls for all 10-100k employees, and they, in turn, go back and forth between themselves and politicians sucking each other off when they can. It makes me sick.

When they realized minorities were easy to bribe/fool.

>so gay
This guy is fired.

helping to keep the standard of living as low as possible $21 an hour lol unbelievable. they should demand to work 6 hours of overtime for free and send their kids in to lick management's boots to teach a strong serf ethic

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-15 10-19-07.png (454x254, 154K)

The term "scab" is what makes me hate unions and unionists the most. The fact that you fags came up with a derogatory term for people willing to work is the most anti-American shit I've ever heard.

FDR is a good start.

Like it or not, strong unions are needed to keep the middle class in this country.
Every single statistic bears this out.
The UAW became corrupt, officials got bribed off by the companies and they sold their memberships down the river.

if the theory that unions drive up everyone's wages is the opposite true too?

If you're part of a Union, you give up your paycheck to fund democrats and open borders. Think about that

unions should all be broken up and made illegal. they are all 100% pure cancer. they served their purpose, but are all communist political activist groups now.

There isn't a single union that isn't heavily left wing in Italy. Not a single one.
Even at our workplace, the union fags wanted to try getting marital leave approved for homosexual "marriages" (which aren't really marriages under IT law) and extra paid leave for non-EU workers who need to deal with administrative work for their visas and shit.

Funfact: there are TWO non-eu workers out of over 200. One of them was even present at the assembly and said he doesn't give a shit about one or two days off and they should focus on more important stuff, kek.
Also there are no open homos as far as I know.

What did he do?

Won't matter if they're unemployed in Africa.

you have to ride the bus and you want to pay union dues every paycheck? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1504038915812.png (447x438, 385K)

It's the "public sector unions" that trigger me. So you want to make sure the government doesn't force you to do your cushy desk job down in the coal mine for 10 hours a day six days a week and force you to buy from the company store?

It exists everywhere there are unions. It's crumiro here.

To return to a free market we must
>Have employee associate with whoever for whatever reason
>Employeer can fire for whatever reason
>Consumers can sue employeers for whatever reason
>Bankruptcy doesn't protect CEO assets
You do this, and unions just become an extension of the community, with employeers having a vetted interest in their wellbeing.

Unions are outdated institutions whose purpose is to stay relevant by creating a monopoly on the workforce and making sure that the more competitive employees do not succeed.

people so cucked for their $21 an hour they'll turn us all into slaves.
do they sell cars cheaper there because of their martyrdom or does the company keep the extra profit?

Yeah, I'd expect Italians to hate anyone who isn't a lazy shit. Americans have a different work ethic and your asshole cousins brought your disdain for honest work with them when they invaded.

People still don't realize Western industries are borderline irrelevant at this point. Only reason the car industry still exists is that our governments literally banned imports on cheap Chinese cars and also regulated the fuck out of the car industry to force them to make expensive cars in Europe.

We're in the death throes of Western civilization unless we nuke China and Israel soon.

At cashier working for McDonald's in Denmark enjoys an above minimum wage salary, sick pay, universal health insurance, paid family leave, mandatory breaks, 5 weeks of paid vacation a year, overtime bonus and strictly regulated working hours.

Meanwhile the samr cashier working for the same company in the US enjoys none of those benefits. How can such a difference arise?

Denmark is a country with a highly unionized workforce while the US isn't.

It's bad stuff, that $21/hour is the only job in that shithole state too.
Gratifying to know that their equivalent plants can't compete with my unionized plant that only has 2/3rds their manpower.

Get fucked. Unions drive up the fucking cost of everything. I live it everyday.

Do I believe an experienced operator should make 35 dollars an hour? Sure... Hell, even 40 if he has experience that's not readily available on certain equipment...

75 dollars an hour + fringe + benefits for a fucking dozer hand or excavator operator in NJ/NY area. They literally make 120k+ on 40 hour work weeks. That's not fucking middle class pay buddy. They vote and perpetuate cost of living because of who they are told to vote for. Unions are a sore fucking eye everywhere, and no, the corporations aren't any better. All Unions have sold out. I don't believe a trained lever puller / button masher should be getting 120k+ when it can all be programmed to be done faster and without personnel in the machines.

I guess they bought the fear mongering of management that if you joined a labor organization then the compan y would just (illegally) shut down the plant and move it to non-other non-union hellhole.

It's sad that 48% voted to have collective bargaining for better pay, protections, and benefits but won't get that chance because 2% of other workers are fucking cowards that like being exploited.

If you think those benefits and pay are good then how about you organize at your workplace and a take an equivalent piece of rent profit out of your employer's ass rather than seek to drag down the living standard of other laborers that grew a spine to do something about their employment condition?

I work in the HVAC industry and recently had the opportunity to chaperone several engineers from Japan who work for a company whose products we retail. Those poor fuckers have no life. I'd pick them up from the hotel at 7:30 and they'd look exhausted, they'd work all day, and when Id drop them back off, they'd sit in the lobby and work all night. I was supposed to take them out for drinks and show them the city and casually talk bussiness. They wanted nothing to do with it. I found out from one of them that it's expected that you work during your free time to be rewarded. It's gotten to the point where if you're really trying to get ahead in Japan, you basically work non stop. I admire the work ethic, but I'd never want that life.

You get fucked you fucking moron.
You live in an oligarchy dipshit.
It's brainwashed motherfuckers like you that let it happen.
Why beat your slaves when you can psychologically hack them so that they beat each other? Way more efficient.
Wake up or kill yourself for the good of humanity.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-15 10-45-28.png (587x126, 21K)

There is a Union in my workplace. Absolute disgraceful.

> protects the laziest of the laziest
> hiring/firing is based on seniority and not on merit

Two reasons alone that all Union workers deserve to hang.

Yeah non-union states are such hellholes all the unionfags are picking up their whole family and moving across the country to live here.

Companies will fuck their employees any way the can. They will go through hoops and hire lawyers to discover new loopholes to fuck over their employees.

Unions is the reason our company never hires any more people and capped off our growth. Instead we keep our current work force (all white males) because if we hire more people it needs to be either women or shitskins and firing them is illegal.

Instead we're just diverting everything to higher wages while trying to maximize efficiency. We don't care if we don't grow every year anymore, we're all getting rich in our current business model anyway. But the real loser is the government who won't be getting any more shekels by us expanding huge.

Company shits all over employees? A union can fix it.
Company doesn't shit on employees? A union makes things worse.

At least that's how it should work. Unions,l like everything else, have been co-opted by greedy shitlords. All they exist to do now is take money from workers and then sell them out to corporate for a nice double-dip of zero effort income.

Create a problem and then provide a solution. Welcome to new-age business.

You do regardless

They serve a purpose, but like any other type of organization, be it a business, association, bureaucracy, etc, they can become too big, powerful, and/or corrupt to where they no longer serve that purpose.

That being said, I've worked at a couple union jobs back in the day and the workers were the biggest non-stop complainers and some of the shittiest people I've ever worked with.

The threat of unionization is better than actually having unions.
The threat of unions can make employers think twice about their workplace policies and drive up wages for the entire industy.
The actual union however is a harbor for shitty employees to get paid well and enjoy all the benefits of being actually good at their job while they are not. The actual union also does tons of shit in the political field that they should not.

I love my union job.

#boycottvolkswagen

My (non-union) shop has had a few guys who have come down from union states to work. Without fail, every one of them have been the quickest to bitch about the smallest things. We had one guy from New York who was making almost $50/hr- easily the highest wage in the shop- as an assembler and he was the grumpiest bastard I've ever met. Constantly complaining about how "well back home we did it this way" and "you guys don't have this down here." He wound up quitting to take an even higher paying job in- you guessed it- another non-union state.

What, is VW making a leaf blower now?

>all italians are unionized
It's just the boomer cancer who destroyed this country and are still sucking it dry via their overinflated SS pensions.

Attached: DU04fI5U8AAZr7L.jpg (1200x1065, 132K)

Aside from gold confiscation and social security, incredibly little. Most problems we have today, stem from him. Never, ever elect cripples.

They're too much for the work (or lack thereof) being produced. They drive up the costs of a job/project/etc... The costs get passed onto the consumers and (most of the time) the taxpayer.

>" laborers that grew a spine to do something"

Right there, buddy. Part of my point is that they didn't do anything and that they don't do anything. Unions were built on past generations of intelligent, hard working people. The union members now fucking blow, and if you had the time to KNOW what I'm talking about rather than quibble in generalities - I think you'd agree.

I don't think my brain can wrap itself around the wisdom that I've been so humbly been bequeathed from your omniscience... I can't tell the difference between the spectrum anymore.

They are good but autoworker union is the worst.
They are the reason no one buys Americans cars. Shit quality cars if you are not getting f series or tundra.