Change my mind

Attached: EDAF42CF-1914-4D09-9127-05947848E43F.jpg (288x337, 23K)

agreed. let's just fight it out.

The definition of hate speech is disagreeing with me.

free speech is a meme but your still a nigger faggot

prove your case first. define both of those and explain why they're incompatible

Who decides what's hate speech?

Attached: 1517997785271.jpg (600x2504, 571K)

It’s any speech that results in harm, pretty self explanatory

Freedom of speech is hate speech. It is the whole point.
Government/elites don't need to worry about nice speech.

hate speech requires arbitrary protected classed of people who are assigned privileges that are denied to the rest of us. doesn't sound fair or equal.

what you said was harmful to me, I'm reporting you to the authorities

/thread

Free speech is like the free market. Using liberal theories, it is supposed to result in the best system, but in practice it does not.
What we need is equal speech. So that if you're a billionaire you don't get a voice that is 1 billion times stronger than that of a normal person.
Basically we need some kind of anti mass spamming system analogous to that already employed on online forums.

ok you’ll need to prove harm was done though

The truth is hate speech to those who hate the truth.

who cares you fucking kike, it's constitutional

my feefees

You're becoming hysterical

People usually just find loopholes around hate speech laws. They don't work. I say this as a leftist.

If you try to restrict speech, people just invent "code words".

Today, our speech is labeled as "hate speech."

Tomorrow it could be yours.

Attached: 2EBE39CB-B72A-44EB-B3DD-8526DD1BE08B.jpg (1024x505, 118K)

that won’t hold up in court. I wish you the best of luck though if you’re genuinely offended

I hate niggers. Prove the harm

And you got BTFO'd by Too bad.

>implying that sjws care about proving or logical reasoning at all
Just look it up. They don't give a fuck about harm. If they feel offended, they report it and big companies are bending the knee and banning and censoring people. Got a different opinion, even totally unrelated to any current political issue? Just wait for a SJW and see yourself being censored on all big platforms.

The term "hate speech" is literally doublethink (from "1984" by George Orwell) in action.

Why? Liberals dont do that!

That's not self-explanatory at all. Harm and hate are not synonymous.

Then your definition does not hold up. If a white man tells a black man "I hate you because you're a nigger" you'd probably consider that hate speech. And yet, there is no way to prove that any harm was done.

It seems to hold up for Jews niggers and faggots.

Yes. It is. It's protected speech.

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-105316_Chrome.jpg (1599x723, 353K)

In many countries political entities have restrictions on the amount of funding and means that they can use for propaganda.

If I call you by any racial slur the only damage done is to your feelings, therefore if I have to prove what you said caused harm then so do you.

>that won’t hold up in court.

Hate speech laws don't hold up in court you limp dicked retard.

Laws change

What kind of harm nigger? Physical? Mental? Emotional? Your gay ass AIDS posts gave me mental and emotional damage. I'll see you in clown court. honk honk.

psychological damage. mental trauma is a legitimate grievance

Ok see you in court

I find that assumption to be "grossly offensive"

Hate Speech: "I hate you because you're a nigger."
Free Speech: "Our cultures are incompatible because you are of a different race, thus we should live in separate nations."

'hate speech' is otherwise a left-wing extremist dogwhistle for white genocide.

Attached: 345y645h45.jpg (412x532, 76K)

truth speech is not hate speech

Hate Speech is a meme word.
Who defines what hate speech is? If I call an indian on Jow Forums poo in the loo it's not even ment to be hateful, but for some people that's viewed as racism, hate speech or whatever.
When I grew up I watched the cartoon series Draw Together. Very anti pc and homophobic, sexist, violent, racist etc. according to todays standards.

Hate speech does not exist. If something offends you, that is on you.

You have offended me greatly by having a different opinion than me on this matter, and as such, have caused me great psychological damage. I am going to have to report you to the authorities for hate speech.

Bull shit, as soon as someone asserts that multi multiculturalism is a disaster and that they don't want people immigrating in. You will be the first to use the government and or mob to destroy that person rather than argue your point.

You know how I know you're a nigger?

Prove that it was caused by my statement. What you just said caused me psychological damage and mental trauma.

Fake news is not hate speech but it's still problematic.

We will see how quickly your change your mind when your speech gets labeled hate speech.

I hope you have a doctor to back you up on that "great psychological damage".

That sign is hate speech.

Hehe nigger, I was making fun of OP. Learn to detect sarcasm.

So nearly anything subject to the changing whims of someone who refuses to define what they mean in hard terms.

>Free Speech: "Our cultures are incompatible because you are of a different race, thus we should live in separate nations."
What do you mean? Are you implying, his culture is backwards and he's incompatible because he's black and (flee) from another country?? All, after expoiting and enslaving his ancestors for ceturies, you colonizer? That's nationalistic, imperialistic, racist hate speech. Into the gulag with you.

In Germany we went from Neger to Farbiger then to Schwarzer and now People of Color. the correct term changes every decade after some people claim, the term is racist. and if you use it ten years after that, you will be viewed as a racist by PC people.

Hate speech is speech Jews don't like.

That sentence seems nonsensical to me. Surely wether or not speech is free or hateful are two completely non-associated qualities?

If you are restricted from speaking certain ideas, then your speech is not free, regardless of wether or not you have hateful things to say.
If you are not restricted from saying anything, then your speech is free, regardless of wether or not you have hateful things to say.

fpbp

>i hate broccoli
>i hate yellow cars
>i hate niggers

literally no difference

That poster is offensice, ergo hatefull, ergo criminal, ergo the person holding the image needs to go to the gulag ... errr jail.

So nothing

We are way past the point of debating.

>ITT: OP get's BTFO'd at every turn as he desperately tries to justify "laws for you but not for me"

>memeflag

The bait-satire-memeflag aside, how far back into history do you want to go with this? At some point, white ancestors are the slaves and oppressed. That's the funny thing about liberal rhetoric. They only ever go as far into history as fits their agenda.

Listen faggot, there is no objective means of determining what is hate speech and what isn’t. “Hate speech” is a fucking meme meant to propel censorship of right-wing opinions.

Hate speech isn't real. THREATENING speech is out of line and will be taken seriously. If you threaten me with words on my property, I will end you. My gen is dumb as a box of rocks.

Okay I'll bite. If you don't understand the speech, then the speech doesn't cause harm. If I call you a 黒猿 does that offend you? Don't you see that offense is dependent on the listener not on the speech?

good.

Attached: minuteman.gif (768x1024, 415K)

>of course calling out a memeflag is an argument, why do you ask?

First off, speech is just speech.

If that speech is truth; you're just hurt by truth, sucks to be you.
If that speech is not truth; then laugh at them; you could even debate that speech; but that's not necessary, since they're wrong.

>But what if they hate group X

Yeah, so what? Worse they can do it attack them; you can't stop them doing that: even if you ban that speech that won't change their minds. "Oh no, I can't publicly say I hate these people, I now love everyone." Nope, doesn't happen. You're just forcing them to talk between themselves; you just made them organize, that actually made the situation worse.

Or maybe you think you can actually prevent them from even meeting together? What, are you gonna put microphones everywhere? Listen to every phonecalls? That's authoritarism; the good ol' "let me enslave you for your own good."

TL;DR free speech means all opinions are free of censorship. If you're against that you're closet dictator.

>
>And you got BTFO'd by
>Too bad.
>
>The term "hate speech" is literally doublethink (from "1984" by George Orwell) in action.
This. It's Newspeak.

Why people want to ban free speech? You cant say nigger anyway, because society would react and you would be ostracized. Why you need laws if it is regulated naturally anyway?

Don't worry they do.

Attached: sigmund-freud-9302400-1-402.jpg (300x300, 8K)

free adjective
\ ˈfrē \
freer; freest
Definition of free (Entry 1 of 3)
1 : not costing or charging anything
a free school
a free ticket
2a : having the legal and political rights of a citizen
setting the slave free
b : enjoying civil and political liberty
free citizens
c : enjoying political independence or freedom from outside domination
This is a free country.
d : enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another
You are free to do whatever you want.

speech noun
\ ˈspēch \
Definition of speech
1a : the communication or expression of thoughts in spoken words
b : exchange of spoken words : CONVERSATION

This.

>RAPE BEACH IS NOT PEE BEACH!!!!

Attached: 3522E540-FF75-40A7-B3F8-DC083DD7F280.png (625x773, 103K)

>Laws change

not that law. not since 1789.

>If you don't stay in the path of the bullet, the bullet won't kill you. Do you see that the harm is dependent on the target rather than the shooter?

/thread

Speech is inherently harmless!

not yet

Hate speech isn't real.

Hate speech is subjective. I can consider your post as hate speech against Jow Forums if I want.

The first amendment isn't a law.

Lol
Come stop me

if it can be proven that words caused you harm you should be put down immediately

Worst analogy I've seen in months. Good Job retard.

>People of Color

I like how this is pretty close to Colored People. They should probably change it soon due its close association with that old problematic term.

Everyone we got a closet authoriarian.

Those who'd trade freedom for security deserves neither.

Attached: 1537572400022.jpg (1242x1878, 332K)

What is hate speech? Objectively, what is it? Who decides what it is?

Wait, let me guess, but "I hate white people" is.

Attached: crashtestdummiesyou.png (496x306, 125K)

wonder who could be behind this post

>no argument

>It’s any speech that results in harm, pretty self explanatory
In that case, jews are never allowed to speak again.

Attached: hate speech isnt real.jpg (727x499, 59K)

In America we've gone from nigger to negro to colored to black to African-American to person of color.

Hate speech is absolutely free speech. You should have every right to voice your opinions no matter how moronic they are and I should have every right to explain to you exactly why I think you’re a cunt.

Society would decide what it is based on whatever it is that hurts them. It's not exactly a hard concept to understand.

For example, if you have a Christian society, they might define hate speech as LGBT-friendly propaganda. To them that is harmful so to them that is hate speech.

The subjectivity of it does not nullify it.

Hate speech is just re-branded political correctness, or more accurately political control.

Amendments change

I have no problem with authoritarianism

OP is a faggot.

>any speech that causes harm is hate speech
So,
YOUR A FUCKING WHITE MALE
is Hate Speech.
I agree with you.