Will CRISPR technology allow us to change genders?

If this technology can insert or delete genes, then we should eventually be able to change our gender.

Imagine taking a shot and within six months your XY manlet body transforms into XX Lauren Southern clone, or whatever your twisted little mind desires.

Hawt.

Attached: CRISPR.png (600x369, 39K)

Wasted digits on degeneracy

All fields, boys

It's possible but will be improbable for a long time. We pretty much need a swarm of nanites able to edit cell by cell for that, and there are more important things they would do, like curing cancer or providing immortality.

CRISPR is a means to edit human DNA. It has no effect on purely social constructs like race and gender.

you cant change your chromosomes with this technology. adding in genetic code into your DNA with CRISPR is vastly different from changing a XY chromosome to an XX.

We'll have the relationship between genes in chromosomes figured out soon enough to know how to transform, add or remove genes. Implementation is a different thing, as you want to transform every cell.

No. Waste of quads.

No. But transplant technology will eventually reach the stage where two biologically compatible people will be able to swap reproductive systems.

chemically castrate the penis

10/10 I was trolled

Castration and chemical castration is a process that is done to testes, not penis.

That's not how it works...

I knew you'd have something fagotty to say. If you'd give up your balls you don't deserve the cock. Castrate yourself and leave us. Do drugs and go to prison. Men there will use your degenerate asshole.

Haha...

Quick question, if I wanted to have both lungs and gills could this work for that? Also how would it work...you get a shot and your body starts growing shit where there was never shit before?

If guys grew dicks in bullet wounds it would be an initiation rite of passage for young men to shoot each other. Men with dicks on there heads would be street gods.

God won't allow it. Enjoy your future genetic disorders resulting from this.

Also look up Barr bodies. Actual females have one inactive X chromosome in every cell.

No. There is no "you" left once you alter every single cell in your body to that degree. That'd just be dying.

Female genetics are actually pretty complicated, they are said to be "mosaics for all heterogeneous X loci" which basically means that some of their cells use the X chromosome from their mom, while other cells have the X chromosome from their dad active instead. the process is random and can't be replicated by CRISPR, even if you deleted or silenced the SRY gene that initiates male sexual development on the Y chromosome.

I just see this leading us into a future of real life catgirls and furries. It's terrifying to think about. Most of this stuff sounds like something straight out of the book of revelations. Half men and half animal type beings and what not.

i've had one for ages, old news

Attached: 1534426711149.png (1000x667, 1.08M)

not to mention that you'd probably become disfigured and die even if you could

*heterozygous, not heterogenous

All of your cells become altered with enough time. "You" is a continuum

I am not a biologist, but we have plenty of GMOs already. Any bios in the house?

Good question user, ultimately its not impossible, but with our current level of understanding that sort of thing is a long way off

You're obsessed, go throw a handegg or what are you USAns do.

>if I wanted to have both lungs and gills
In theory, yes.

>in theory yes
In theory no you retard.

Every ~7 years all of your cells are replaced by new ones. Does that mean you're not you anymore? Theseus ship anyone?

GMO is a bullshit term. We have GMOs since neolithic. We genetically modified animals and crops by selective mutation since we've started having permanent settlements.

>Half men and half animal type beings and what not
yes, indeed

Attached: PoC.jpg (928x523, 87K)

I'd argue that those aren't strictly genetically modified, although the intent is pretty much the same thing

Why not? If you could perfectly apply a genome change to every cell and you've got a code for that, then why would it be impossible?

Never ever. You won't be a cute anime girl so either embrace what you've got or commit sudoku.

No, that's not possible. Neither in theory or praxis

Sage.
Sage.
Kys filthy degenerate. waste of quads.
Sage.

No they wont. Fucking is easier and cheaper. You are a commodity.

>Does that mean you're not you anymore?
Exactly.

you forgot about soros and Co., they want immortality and no cancer so they'll get what they want

No, you're a commodity, tulip fucker.

Can you sleep at night with that knowledge? That you've killed the previous version of you and are already being killed by the next one?

There is a diffrence in inserting a few code lines and changing a whole chromosome

Here's another question, I'm 34yrs old and I have my baby teeth in a little container that my mother kept. Teeth have DNA in them. Could I use the DNA that's in my baby teeth to edit my own current 34yr old DNA back to that of my childhood DNA? Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Not to mention trying to control developmental gene regulation in terminally differentiated cells.

checked but that's not how it works
you can't change your past growth by changing the way you're going to grow from now on

>imagine being a mentally diseased faggot and injecting yourself to turn you into an even bigger mentally diseased faggot.
Win.

Attached: 7572887612_68232cdc50_b.jpg (683x1024, 191K)

(OP)
Nah m8 that shits already possible

In short, no the amount of modifications required are far beyond the scope of gen 1 CRISPR tools.

t. Molecular biologist who uses this stuff every day
Now your just shitposting user, transforming a YAC and BAC is close to the limit of what we can do now.
Because we can’t even modify a single gene without off-target affects. It’s suspected that those Chinese girls have several unintended mutations. Also giving genes for completely new anatomical structures in adults would very likely not work, most developmental genes are switched off after puberty.
Exactly this.

Do you think this kind of tech will advance to the point of being able to change entire chromosomes within our lifetimes?

Not just for faggy shit like this but imagine being able to just eliminate genetic diseases like Kleinfelter Syndrome

checked and keked. As based as it would be to take a shot and become a demigod/godess, we dont understand the tech fully and by editing out genes we could potebtually explode into giant masses of canser, create a world ending new virus and all matter of other horrible shit.

that being said, sign me up and make me a honest to god minotaur with a horse dick, 6 lungs and 4 hearts.

No we didn't. Genetic modification is where you use fish dna and put it in corn.
You modify what was never ever even thought of being there and you put it there.
Its also called abominations.

dude just delete SRY lmao

Wouldent it be genius to push this on china?
>people that hate having girls and only want boys
>gooks gets crispr
>the chineese race ceases to exist in 100 years because they only ever create boys

Smarter dogs, dogs that walk upright and some trans putting cat dna into them so they can grow cat ears and tails.

On its own I don’t think it’ll be capable of eliminating chromosomal disorders, it’s more likely that we will have more standardised and more robust genetic screening programs.
It’s entirely possible we develop modified CRISPR enzymes with better efficiency or ability to work at a chromosomal level, but for now it’s better to think of CRISPR as a part of a larger toolbox of synthetic biology methods/tools.
If you thought trannies necked themselves often then your gonna be in for a shock mate.

ABOMINATIONS!!! BEGONE SATAN!!! We test them thoroughly to make sure they are safe for consumption. Even more than regular foodstuff. Oh and most organics nowadays are: 1. Genetically modified (a simple pcr will reveal transgenes), and 2. Bombarded with radiation to sterilize them which, you guessed it, causes random mutations.
Go eat your rocks.

Only they do it to their kids, designer children who have cat and dog DNA.

>Have penis and balls
>use CRISPR
>Penis and balls magically disappear and is transformed into a vagina
Is this really what you think?

Because life doesn't work with cartoon rules. See above

No you idiots. CRISPR doesn't work like character customization in games

This is not how this shit works. Most plausible case will be:
1) They make female clone of you
2) The female clone immune system will edited so you will compatible
3)Your crisper therapy will be to make exception in your immune system for the female clone, this will take years
4)Your head will be chopped and re-attached to the clone.

Cloning is not that advanced, cloning with modifications... forget it. Chopping your head and reattaching it will not be possible in near future too, not to mention nerves reconnection.

This shit will not be possible in 10, 20 or 100 years. Maybe 200 who knows.

Best bet will be if there is discovered technology for stasis to go into stasis and wake up 200 years after. This is huge gamble. Maybe future generations will not like to live with some ancient faggot, maybe you will be waked up just for some right wing death squad to put plasma bolt into your stupid head.

You cannot change every single cell in your body. Second, CRISPR doesn't change chromosomes.

This

Or another plausible case would be to grow female orangs using OPs DNA and transplanting them to the male body

I wouldn't consider this to be true gender switch though. You'd be a modified male at best

I think neural laces and a simulation is the best option for a sex change. Literally second life and the matrix blended together

> genders
No such thing.

CRISPR will bring about the end of humanity. Genetic self-replicating touring machine. Humans will not be able to keep from destroying the world with this.

Instructions followed to completion can't be taken back user. Besides, CRISPR is just targeted DNA damage in the hopes that your desired DNA transcript will be incorporated during repair. In short, you'll never be a catgirl.

CRISPR absolutely has the potential to do both of these.

Brains are very different. If there is human machine interface it will be for the most part input only, like keyboard. A powerful neural network will with time figure out how you brain works, what you thought for left right up or down is, how to "summon" command and input specific action like:
>open my calendar put go to dry cleaning for 4.15 pm
Yes machine will do this
What machine will not do
>show you animated shapes straight to your brain.
Just think about how hard will be for machine to put input and show you orange triangle. First you have to show you orange triangle on screen and record the reaction from your brain. Then it will have to input 1000 or maybe 10000 inputs just so you will see in you brain a simple triangle. The problem will not be the machine. It will be your brain. It have finite power you can't put millions networks in parallel to speed things up. Maybe if you got neural network implant from you birth, the machine will learn context and meaning of the things around you with you, and have feedback for every input, be smell, touch or even something abstract like context of social interactions. The end result will be there will be a simulation (model) of your brain that will have 99.99999% same output to specific input. But imagine the implications of this. You will never be sure what is real and what not, no one will. Not to mention if lets say, the system works passively, input only until you turn 20. When you turn 20 they switch everything on, hud, augmented reality, even dreamlike simulations. Maybe if the is this feedback loop, your brain will lose the ability to learn new things and neuroplasticity will be lost, if the system ever goes down you will not be able to function for even the do even the simplest things.

That will be some advanced tranny shit, but yes more possible, maybe in 50 years who knows.

>checked
oh look you're still a faggot have a sage