I’m Irish. When do I get my Reparations??

Pay me bitches!

Attached: FA7D0FC2-E778-4068-9B45-392EA903108B.jpg (2046x1580, 678K)

Other urls found in this thread:

study.com/academy/lesson/history-of-irish-slave-trade.html
ewtn.com/library/HUMANITY/SLAVES.TXT
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Confederate_Wars#Aftermath
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Irish were sold into slavery as political prisoners:

Height of Irish Indentured Servitude

>The period of Irish indentured servitude had two main phases. The first occurred during the years 1641-1651. In 1641, Irish Catholic landowners attempted to overthrow the English-dominated government and restore the rights of Catholics. The rebellion failed and, as a result, England cracked down hard on Irish rights. Many people were killed by English troops or died of starvation, but many others were also forcibly removed and sent to British plantations in the Caribbean and the Americas.

The Irish rebellion in 1641 was met with violent suppression Irish uprising

>The second major period of Irish indentured servitude followed shortly afterwards and lasted from around 1652-1660. This time, the focus on creating new, non-free Irish laborers wasn't from prisoners or rebels, but from children. After a decade of brutal treatment, Ireland was full of orphans. While historians disagree on the exact numbers, possibly hundreds to thousands of orphaned children were transported to the British colonies to be raised as laborers. At the same time, even more Irish adults were arrested and forcibly contracted to colonial landowners. In fact, so many Irish were forcibly imported for a time that in some Caribbean colonies, like Barbados, they constituted the largest ethnic group on the island.

study.com/academy/lesson/history-of-irish-slave-trade.html

Attached: 9B112B8C-9A0F-4C09-8BC5-597D06A371CC.jpg (1936x2488, 757K)

Never. You weren't brought over on jewish slave ships.

I’ll pay you in potatoes

Kek

I’m gay. When do I get my money? Pay me bitches!

Attached: 0F68AA5B-7B08-40C0-B75A-E0098D86C6D0.png (909x579, 245K)

I'm Welsh and Finnish when do I get reparations from England, Sweden and Russia?

Can I sue the Jews?

Attached: 23DFB145-8644-4023-B89A-9E8DAFF8FB4F.jpg (1009x1024, 126K)

>political prisoners:
You mean: they rebelled against the crown, they lost, they were imprisoned as punishment.

We're not talking about people who waved a few signs and distributed some pamphlets. The 1641 rebellion saw the worst massacres in Ireland's history, as Catholics butchered Protestants down to the last child.

>My boomer uncle shared this pic on facebook
"King James II, followed by Charles I and Oliver Cromwell"

Dumbasses can't even be bothered to get their English kings right. James II was Charles I's younger brother, and a Catholic who was well liked in Ireland.

Let’s discuss. Enlighten us please.

Or we can look at research from the ORIGINAL record sources:

ewtn.com/library/HUMANITY/SLAVES.TXT

Attached: 2F6CDD4D-DC2E-424B-BAD7-176AD7050746.jpg (1009x1024, 171K)

original source? That link is leads to a page on the 'Global Catholic Network' written by the head of the Political Education Committee for the American Ireland Education Foundation.

So yeah, not biased at all.

It seems like it takes the absolute upper bound in terms of numbers, and then presents them in the most biased way possible. They also straight up lie about their sources. For example
>According to Sir William Petty, 850,000 were wasted by the sword, plague, famine, hardship and banishment during the Confederation War
Firstly, Petty's actual estimate was from 400k to 620k deaths. Secondly, this is considered a large overestimate by modern historians since Petty was working from incomplete records and his methodology was extremely simplistic - a range of 200k to 500k is generally accepted today. What your source also omits is that up to 100k of the casualties were Protestants.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Confederate_Wars#Aftermath

And then you have lines like:

>Smith declares: "it is impossible to say how many shiploads of unhappy Irish were dispatched to America by the English government," and "no mention of such shipments would be very likely to appear in the State Papers... They must have been very considerable in number."(16)
Maybe the reason they're not mentioned is because they didn't happen.

My Irish ancestors came over when HRH Victoria was trying to starve them out. Then they fought in the Civil War to free the goddamned ungrateful slaves who want us to pay reparations.

Those micklets have seen some shit.

>Queen Victoria personally released the potato blight in Ireland because... um, reasons.
Your ancestors came over when their shitty farming methods an inability to stop procreating finally led to the inevitable. They then fought in the Civil War to keep the west free for economic exploitation by their Tammany Hall masters.

I self identify as an irish nigger, double reparations for me

you guys had it easy working in the industrial factories with dangerous machinery and no oversight. unlike the poor black slaves who had to work out on the field picking apples

Actually, according to everything I could find on google and tineye (which admittedly wasn't much), those girls were workers at a fish cannery in South Carolina in the 1930s.

Interesting story about a castle near where I live.
>some English prick lived in the castle
>English prick would sit at his window and fire his rifle at passersby and people going to church
>locals get really pissed and make several attempts to catch him
>he holds up in castle
>local priest decides he's going to get the fucker and starts keeping watch from another castle nearby
>sees him leave one day so grabs his gun and gets on his horse
>finds the guy and shoots him dead
>body remains in place and over time, a large pile of rocks appears as passersby chuck rocks at the corpse
>pile of rocks is still there
Absolutely based

Whereabouts did this happen?lolol

being Catholic is pretty much the only redeeming quality of the Irish

It's literally been the source of all Ireland's problems for the past 500 years.