Itt: what do atheists picture when they hear "God"?

Attached: 36256320_2523094561111565_5897216429299597312_n.jpg (400x400, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oYp5XuGYqqY&t=5s
comb.io/34SmVE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The great kara boga

Sky fairies and daddies dancing on clouds?

Attached: 1491912903633.jpg (316x395, 28K)

Attached: flying_spaghetti_monster_cropped.jpg?x=442&y=293&crop=1.jpg (442x293, 19K)

Something they can't control or explain away

>atheists
>in current year

Attached: 1511098464654.png (1920x1080, 3.1M)

The CIA.

Attached: c44.png (1293x1407, 718K)

Attached: 1554690762441.jpg (870x576, 185K)

What I was when I was still a Christian: human imagination and creativity running wild. There is really no good answer in this environment, since all sides here argue in VERY bad faith.

Richard Dawkins.

When I was an atheist, I didn't really picture anything. I just thought that people were crazy. That being said, I still think that people who subscribe to manmade religions are a bit crazy. I doubt that any human has ever figured it out. I don't believe in a specific god or religious concept. I'm merely an agnostic now. I've realized that there's got to be something, but I refuse to believe that books written by humans have the answers.

That being said, I still believe that the West would be way better off if it went back to embracing Christianity. We've lost our ways, and we can thank atheism for that.

imagine believing in god when niggers exist

I think of a wise, kind woman.

Holy based

Attached: Malboro_Overking_FFXII.jpg (694x868, 332K)

>Azathoth
>[O]utside the ordered universe [is] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

You can thank pic related for pushing atheism for that

What does that mean. Are you hearing voices that you then think is god speaking to you?

Or is it a more of a figurative use of the word and you attribute god to what you feel?

Yep, I know about the kike enterprise and how they're running the West into the ground so they can rule the entire world from the third temple.

Many people think that Jews specifically hate white people, but that's not true. They just see us as their biggest obstacle (since we're strong, intelligent, organized etc), so they mostly focus on destroying us.

We're just goyim in their eyes. Whites, niggers, chinks.. Doesn't matter to them. All worthless goyim. They just try to destroy the strongest enemy first, and currently, that's whitey.

Attached: 130754_shutterstock_225171904-crop.jpg (2000x1125, 270K)

This Brazilbro gets it. Nature/fibonacci/symbiosis is the primary reason I'm no longer an atheist. Too much order for coincidence.

Attached: fibonacci.jpg (640x480, 129K)

doesnt mean i'm a christian, kike

the screaming tantrum they're about to have

Neither am I, you faggot. Read my previous posts.

Attached: YOU.jpg (1364x1364, 616K)

cringe

At least I'm not Brazilian.

Who the fuck cares what the needy bastard's picture. The only people who talk to them are the religious and only then because they feel sorry for them. In which they soon degenerate to the same old sad boring insults, because Huh Duh lets shock the Christian or what ever. It never crosses the dim wits minds that any religious person on any website. Has heard every fucking insult the gangrenous bellends can come up with ad infinitum. So fuck em.

unfortunately the face of christianity is the most spiritually infantilized christians who spout cliche bible verses and are generally obnoxious..

but to the spiritually mature christianity is an avenue for profound wisdom and places them in command of powerful magic.

though all religions are indeed forms of magic, christianity is the one which employs the power of truth and light

Daily reminder who put that in their heads.

I get your point, and I'm not generalizing all Christians, cause I know that'd be stupid. I'm a big fan of Trunews on JewTube. They seem like good, honest Christians to me. However, I just can't subscribe to a manmade religion. I could never believe in the Christian god, no matter how proper its adherents were.

I know it's a bit of a cliché.. But there are 3000 religions on earth, and probably more.. What are the odds of any of them getting it right?

If anything, I'm inclined to think that the Buddhists are onto something, but I don't know. At least, it seems like the most plausible explanation, but it's not like I'm gonna become a Buddhist tomorrow though. I still have my reservations.

Attached: Flying Spaghetti Monster.png (2000x1333, 62K)

go back to where you belong you stupid redditer

Attached: 1532968018432.jpg (512x333, 49K)

What The Principle (2014). The documentary shows how they know nothing.
And the evidence shows that may be the Earth is in the center of universe.

Attached: 71Y1L4Md-TL._RI_[1].jpg (1200x1600, 235K)

its not a manmade religion. the realm of the supernatural exists and on the rare occasion a man might gain a glimpse of it, or on rare occasions the supernatural might spill itself into a man it deems humble and righteous enough to receive it without him glorifying himself unto destruction.

the key always being belief. regardless of the religion, belief is the key which unlocks the door to the supernatural. but this is not only for christianity, but for any religion. yet the supernatural forces we expose ourselves too are not always necessarily good, via buddhism and high level meditation you may access the supernatural, but you may come into contact with wicked beings which destroy you, if your heart and intentions arent pure

That's what all religions say.. That they're not manmade - that it's God's words "conveyed" though a "prophet", but I don't buy it.

All in all, all religions are just ways of trying to explain existence, but I don't think humans will ever come close to the truth.

I'm also inclined to think that we might just live in a computer simulation. That our "gods" are simply beings who created a computer with a software simulation. That could also explain interdimensionality and so forth.

A human being thousands of years ago looking up at the sky and making stuff up.

A bogie or bugbear in the Mandingo towns of Africa. As the Kaffirs have many wives, it not unfrequently happens that the house becomes quite unbearable. In such a case, either the husband or an agent dresses himself in disguise, and at dusk approaches the unruly house with a following, and makes the most hideous noises possible. When the women have been sufficiently scared, “Mumbo” seizes the chief offender, ties her to a tree, and scourges her with Mumbo’s rod, amidst the derision of all present. Mumbo is not an idol, any more than the American Lynch, but one disguised to punish unruly wives.

Tiny Tim

>I'm also inclined to think that we might just live in a computer simulation. That our "gods" are simply beings who created a computer with a software simulation. That could also explain interdimensionality and so forth.

this is not an unhealthy inquiry in that it expresses how much more powerful the supernatural is compared to the mortal

sadly the term "religion" has very many negative associations attached to it which makes it all seem so small and petty. first and foremost that it basically implies that we need to be a really good boy and be nice to grandma and the cat.
this is again, spiritual infantilism. that we behave, but dont know why. yet to the spiritually mature, we see that evil behavior inhibits our development, or clouds out the light. its not for the sake of being merely restrictive that we behave, but for the sake of attaining greater access to the supernatural whoms rewards exceed by lightyears anything that could be attained by the physical realm

The thing is we don't view it as a manmade religion, we view it as a divine remedy. In the very beginning of humanity, we were in communion with God and in a state of deathlessness, but chose to disobey and because of that we became disconnected with God. In order to keep this state from being eternal God made us mortal, so that the state of evil is only temporary. In this way death is a mercy and a consequence of our actions.

But now humanity was dying and disconnected from God and had to live in a world we created instead of in paradise, and lost all knowledge of God. And so God's solution was to redeem humanity by becoming human and uniting divinity and humanity in the God-Man Jesus Christ, thus restoring human nature. And for Him to die and enter the state of death all of humanity entered, and to be resurrected to destroy the gates of hades and allow humanity to be raised up with the God-Man that it is now be united to, destroying death and returning humanity to eternal life.

People get caught up in dogma and damnation and forget that the spirit of Christianity is following the path that God laid out for us to be reunited with Him through the incarnate Logos Jesus Christ.

Attached: e36b3c60f9a028bbec9732979db56c92.jpg (450x639, 57K)

An image of the word "GOD"

a fucking dick

This

Attached: .png (2000x1333, 595)

This, but in white.

Thank the leftists not the atheists, they are the ones who care more about pronouns

You are a lazy deist, not an agnostic.

Mental illness.

Unlimited POWER!!

sss

two fucking dicks

Attached: Zordon_power_rangers.jpg (354x281, 12K)

A glowing orb in space

Yeah, you pretty much nail my thoughts exept for the "simulation hypothesis " I mean I don't discard it but I am not inclined to believe this is a simulation, in my opinion just like galaxies, universes are merely tiny elements of a even bigger system

Probably something like this.

Attached: Baphomet2.png (884x1200, 690K)

So the universe obits the earth now? Christianity prefer the flat earth model too as it makes claims in the bible much easier to be "proven" true.

me on the left

Attached: 1538937872813.jpg (341x478, 105K)

Pretty much look at the person saying, "God" like I look at at small child talking about Santa Claus.
Also: jesusneverexisted.com

>That being said, I still believe that the West would be way better off if it went back to embracing Christianity. We've lost our ways,
No we haven't. Mainstream morality has not deviated significantly from the heart of Christian humanism at all.
It always bears repeating; atheism is not a belief system or a morality. Atheism is characterized by many doubts and zero positive beliefs. It's the mere state of being unconvinced by theism of any stripe. Then why does it seem like atheists share a belief system? Why do they all seem to agree on issues of human rights and social openness, why are so many left-leaning, why are so many into antifa?
That's because most, if not all, out-and-out atheists are secular humanists, which is actually a belief system with positive beliefs, and the primary one is this; human wellbeing is to be valued above all other things.
This belief didn't spring from nowhere, it's the mere logical conclusion of stripping the metaphysical claims out of Christianity and following Jesus as a philosopher. You decide to treat the least of your neighbors the way you would like to be treated. You venerate victims, you praise charity and turn away from material goods. You decide that mitigating suffering is the best thing to do in life, and you find it difficult to turn away those in need, no matter the cost to yourself. Almost as though your hero were a martyr who healed the sick and provided for the poor...
>But doesn't nihilism have something to do with lost morals?
There's nothing about transvaluating all values that demands secular humanism, yet there the atheists are. One would normally expect a wider dispersal of values. It's almost as though there wasn't any re-evaluation at all; almost as though the mainstream belief system just shed what it could no longer carry (metaphysics) without changing anything about its core beliefs on how life should be lived.

If the modern world is evil, it's because of the humanism that Christ espoused.

Attached: 1559580616839.jpg (781x1000, 129K)

>Human wellbeing is to be valued above all other things
this leads inevitably to some orgy porgy, my dude.
Human wellbeing cannot be quantified as anything else to an atheistic mind but the stimulation of the brain.

so... Santa Clause

Nothing, since it's nothing.

>human wellbeing is to be valued above all other things.
this alot. this incessant infatuation with gods love that modern christianity has embraced has devolved the idea of God into some motherly cheerleader. There are very precious few moments in the bible where God explicitly expresses his love, but the bible is rife with references of Gods righteousness and his hatred of sin. The very arrival of Jesus had to do with righteousness and sin and not oooh i jus love you soooo much my little bumpkinpoo aww gee golly i jus love youuuuu kissy kiss.

Human wellbeing is secondary to developping human righteousness.

This is quite true.

Atheists are prone to get depressed since they lack creativity and delusion required to ignore most of the harsh truths of life.
Also, essentially, on the grand scale of things, human life has hardly any meaning. They are unable to escape this perspective and keep spiraling into this cycle of depression.
Whereas believers just delude themselves that there's someone looking after them and they derive their life's meaning from this delusion.

This

Probably unironically a man in the sky. It perplexs me why God is such a difficult concept for athiests when science self admittedly proves the human mind is shit at understanding the true nature of reality.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oYp5XuGYqqY&t=5s
Is it the idea of a personal God that really grinds their gears? Or some human preacher strawman telling them we have all the answers? Could the human mind even identify "god" if we came across it, when we can barely understand concepts like the 4th dimension or the quantum ridiculousness of micro or macro reality?

I can only speak from experience, but I believe in God because material reality is insufficient to explain moral concepts and metaphors and why they work in what should just be math and biology.

Attached: hqdefault (3).jpg (480x360, 78K)

comb.io/34SmVE

Wow, atheists are so noble in their fear of accountability. Kill yourself.

Attached: noumenal2.jpg (1374x707, 165K)

A skinny bearded Jew walking around and doing magic tricks.
Don't blame me christcucks, you're the ones who wrote him that way.

Calm down user, you need to drop several theological and causal redpills before pulling them into the wonderful world of applied metaphysical godhood.

Attached: 1484761271862.png (860x758, 27K)

Your graphic is innacurate and it is merely your perspective and nothing more.

You've literally added nothing of value to this conversation, good job retard.

Attached: 1560039898707.png (884x755, 703K)

Atheists are becoming just like Vegans.
annoying faggots who cant shut up about being Atheists

Attached: 1520926891069.jpg (306x306, 15K)

>A skinny bearded Jew walking around and doing magic tricks.
If this is your conception of God, then either you're merely a disgruntled Christian, or you don't have a conception of God presumably because you can't conceived of such a thing.
>you dun do nuffin
idiot.

It hasn't come up for me in the last few years. Nobody cares here, the assumption is that you're either an atheist or that you're a Christian who doesn't really care about religion.

>He doesn't know what a "Numenoi" is
Didn't know there were retards posting their own pics on Jow Forums these days

Reminds me of an excellent Iced Earth song.

That spirit thing that gave that chick from Wild Thornberrys the ability to speak to animals

Its bad by me
They are worse then overly religious Christcucks
I just wanna punch them in the face.
Talk about it more then a fucking preacher on sunday

This is all utterly irrelevant to any discussion of modern Christianity or the humanism it pumps into the system, which finds itself increasingly distant from the Old Testament, or in the case of the secular humanist, totally divorced from it. The OT is a weak shield against the NT, and has only gotten weaker with time. When OT and Jesus contradict each other, Jesus tends to win out.

What's worrisome about this tact is the latent idea within that there's some true, righteous Christianity to get back to, when there clearly isn't. The show that Jesus ran was a leveling, compassionate one. The primary takeaway of his teachings isn't righteous justice, but kind martyrdom. That's the end of the story, the climax, the moment when Jesus "triumphs;" the moment he allows himself to be killed by people who hate him. Is there any more perfect image of the masochistic humanist, who truly loves all people, even unto his own pointless, graceless death? Who sees some perverse virtue in suffering for pitiless strangers?

There is no escaping this via Christianity, old or new. Follow Jesus and you will inevitably find yourself being permissive, allowing your boundaries to be crossed and punishing yourself so that others may prosper. You can reject Jesus along with all other gods if you wish, but if you still believe that all humans matter equally much and that they all must be taken care of as Jesus did, you'll still find that the only logical limit of how much of your money, time and energy should go to charity is "all of it." And you'll still end up with the modern world.

Attached: 1557641666255.jpg (460x300, 27K)

I think it's more of an American thing than a religious thing. Australians just don't talk about religion at all, but Americans always seem to want to outdo each other and shout over the top of each other's irrelevant opinions.

atheism doesnt necessarily require one to be a militant activist over the matter. the real atheism is average people who are too caught up in the luxuries and worries of this world to care about God and what he has to say

atheism is not something you embrace, its something you unwittingly sink into

I think of the word itself, and how it's an anglo-saxon word that was inherently sort of polytheistic, and how it was hijacked by the Big Desert Bullshit, and had nothing to do with Yah or Yahweh or YHWH-- or El, which is what Christniggers should be saying instead.

Atheists are intellectually inferior subhumans. They do not have the capacity for logic, reasoning, or critical thinking.

I never said elevating the well being of people didn't align most of the time with righteousness.
However, both are completely separate issues.
The idea of saving people for the sake of saving them is utterly empty and unacceptable, since it lacks any clarifications other than physical on the atheistic side. Saving lives at all and any costs while ignoring the rot within.
Is Humanity even worth saving with such a hive-like self-preservative instinct, or is it better if the potential for individual transfiguration through sophia is saved instead?

Atheists lack intelligence

At the word "God" they probably imagine a muscular old guy with a beard like Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel depiction of The Father person of the Holy Trinity. Now what they consider "god", that is the most important thing to them, is probably cum. My observation is that most atheists are incredibly cum-brained and their rationalizations for atheism are fundamentally sublimated to their opiate of choice; the orgasm. The make a big guffaw about being very smart but really they have a little sex imp in them, and every argument they come up with is just an attempt to avoid negative judgment for their sexual immorality.

Attached: i fucking love science.jpg (495x495, 65K)

Why do you think they use so many euphemism for orgasm while talking about their "spiritual liberation"?

CF?

>What are the odds of any of them getting it right?

Attached: aVSVQ.png (1685x1930, 260K)

May the real God smite this larping atheshit faggot.

jesus' matyrdom in my eyes was far from compassionate. this is yet another case of humanistic self-centeredness. to me his death was the greatest declaration of spiritual warfare against the evil of this world that has ever been witnessed. and i tell you that the most humble and meek men of this world are indeed the most fiercest warriors of christ in the spiritual realm

Seriously no one you uneducated fucks

Attached: south-park-s03e16c12-god-shows-himself-4x3.jpg (720x486, 32K)

For me it was a conscious decision. My mum had a really religious friend when I was growing up so we did go to church occasionally (some proddy thing, probably Baptist), but when I got older I just wasn't convinced by it. I looked into other religions, but they weren't any more convincing and didn't have any of them culturally association of Christianity.

I think at least part of it is that I've never really had any strong cultural ties to any particular religion, so the stories were never ingrained into me as anything different to the other books I read as a kid. My maternal grandparents were an intersectarian marriage, with my grandfather being from a strong Catholic family (his sister was a nun) and my grandmother being from a Protestant family. My paternal grandparents were quietly but in hindsight I think pretty strongly anti-religious. My dad has speculated that my grandfather was sexually abused by a priest, but it's impossible to know.

I think religion is something that you need to have ingrained in you from birth in order to believe, it's just not something you'll go into without either a strong familial connection or a turning point crisis.

He won't even need to since he's dragging himself into Hell
It really is a neat system, free will, allows you to go hands off and watch the idiots burn in Gehenna without having to touch a thing.

A Homicidal Father and Son with a gun aimed at a child molesting serpent in a fedora. That is the day they meet Gods servant even if its a murderous deranged lunatic who kills his pedophile cellmate

Attached: 1551240992072.jpg (1440x1739, 457K)