Researchers 'Lost' 17,000 Wallets in Hundreds of Cities to See What People Would Actually Return

The study, published in the journal Science on Thursday, was a meticulous social experiment that took three years and over half a million dollars to complete.

A group of 13 research assistants (11 men and 2 women) were recruited for a trip around the world. They traveled to 355 major cities across 40 countries. In each city, they visited banks, theaters, hotels, police stations, and other public spaces and turned in a “lost wallet,” which they claimed to have found on the street, to a nearby employee.

The wallets were all see-through and contained a grocery list written in the country’s primary language, a key, and business cards with a male name and email address where the finder could presumably reach the owner. Some of the wallets also contained a modest cash sum: an amount roughly to equal $13.45 (USD) in the country’s currency. In three countries specifically—the United Kingdom, Poland, and the United States—some of the wallets had a larger cash bounty of $94.15, or had the $13.45 but no key. All told, the team “lost” a whopping 17,000 wallets.

Averaging all the countries together, there was a clear, if counterintuitive result. Fewer than half (40 percent) of people bothered to contact the wallet’s faux owner when it had no money, but a slim majority (51 percent) did when they spotted the cash. And for the wallets with $94.15 inside, an impressive 72 percent of people tried to return them.

Attached: Untitled.png (623x630, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitchute.com/video/oqj8oVVK3lJ4/
rd.com/culture/most-honest-cities-lost-wallet-test/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dropped my wallet outside my house and a good Samaritan put it in there with my cash.

Blessed

*in my mailbox

Nords are the greatest people in the world. Also I love that disgusting Mexicans are the only people to be more likely to keep it if there's money in it. Truly disgusting people.

How does this not have Japan? The country has a reputation for returning lost wallets with not a single yen stolen. I would have liked to see that put to the test.

Fucking Mexico. They really just a giant crime family masquerading as a nation.

Peru as well. Dirty people. Many such cases.

peru too, guess it checks out

still would like normalization across economic backgrounds. richer people dont have motive like a poor person would.

>mexico made it swap
kek

I am surprised Israel is even up that high.

Yes, Mexico seems pretty bad, but even then not everyone is like that. Don't generalize.

When I was on a bikeride in 2004 I found a wallet in the street with $560 and little identifying info, I spent the money in 3 days on black metal CDs, smokes, beer and weed.

this is just a "cu.ck" test... If you return it, you are getting blacked.

Croatia again beats serbia in not being cucks...

Also, Peru and especially Mexico have some of the worst economic inequality in the world, with the poor majorities living in squalor and rich minorities like the rich in Norway.

Slavs and the Nords at the top.

Bwahahaha!

should make it a goy name vs a jewish name and test

i was in charge or second in charge of a large chain hotel lost and found across 3 states. in general if someone told me they found a wallet I would look them up in the computer and if they weren't registered guest I wouldn't take it from you. I would get your name and number. Because for some reason people thought if they turned in a wallet they could claim it if it wasn't claimed. I've return wallets with thousands of dollars in them and received nothing in return. in general its nice to get people their cards and ID back but I've never returned a large sum of money to someone who was grateful.

Good to see Israel is one of the more honest ones, am I right guys?

>gypsies more likely to return your wallet than brits or americans
truly strange times

So people were MORE likely to return the wallet if it had cash in it, less likely to keep it for themselves. I guess my faith in humanity was restored for today.

Also apparently Jews are more likely to return wallets than Americans. I wonder what that says about this country.

because the Nips felt bad and didn't want to humiliate the rest of the planet.

Why is China last, though?

China is shameful

bitchute.com/video/oqj8oVVK3lJ4/

You ever met a Chink?

because insects have no sense of sharing

Mexico

Leaf has good bantz for once.

Had a black guy return my wallet one time missing 20 bucks and he asked for a finders fee too. Fucking niggers.

Proof that Scandinavians and Eastern Europeans are true bros.

Why even bother returning it? I just don't get it.

Well, i dont care if someone generalizes mexicans being thiefs just for the sake of also generalizing niggers have low iq

Criminals are dumb. It's why they ask for your name and address when you take it to the police.

Kek

Where in Mexico do you live? What socioeconomic class do you belong to?

>The wallets were all see-through
i'd be extremely suspicious of a see-through wallet laying on the ground.

>How does this not have Japan?
Yeah it seems strange not to include them in the study.

Don't chinks have literally millions of cameras with facial recognition everywhere and get a fucking 50 DKP minus to their social credit score or whatever if they did anything other than return the wallet with the money

Attached: 1_igobxoTP6MeDXs9cxlL5JQ.jpg (1280x589, 171K)

CHINA NUMBA WAN

I may have to rethink the whole social credit thing, apparently chinks are literal subhumans who need such a system to behave ethically.

And not a single Jew returned the wallet with no more than 5 cents in it. Keeping the $94.10. Interesting enough. If you drop a quarter near some Jews at the mall. It's actually funny to see them scramble to where the quarter dropped.

Interesting to see Poland, Czech, Romania, Serbia Croatia and Russia up so high. Some of those top Western European ones could be written off by skeptics as simply evidence of wealth/highest standards of living being the causal factor, but the former are generally not the richest parts of Europe, yet they're still high up there.

In other words: this study proves once and for all that Slavs are White.

Attached: 1527069504301.jpg (657x527, 53K)

fuck off weebcels

the Chinese won't even return your kid if they find it laying around, let alone your wallet

Attached: Chinese kidnapping epidemic.webm (388x690, 2.45M)

>china being dead last

can't say i'm surprised

the fuck they do with those children?

organs/slavery

Decreasing levels of whiteness result in more thievery. What a scandal.

Kek, they are souless.

organ trafficking, sex trafficking, etc..

Based and redpilled

this is the only legit case for chipping people

with high velocity lead. the chinese, specifically

Fucking hell, so you now have to bring at least 2 friends before entering a chinese shop or chinese restaurant..

Racism and xenophobia are justified.

name in the wallet obviously ended in (((berg))) or (((stein)))

do it again with goy names written on the card and see what happens

>organs/

i believe they have millions of imprisoned Uighurs for that, read you can get a new liver for $100,000 within 30 days in China

i mean, worse than ghana? really? god chinks are awful.

Attached: vPAvtn2.jpg (250x238, 10K)

>Fucking hell, so you now have to bring at least 2 friends before entering a chinese shop or chinese restaurant..

yep, bring your buddies smith and wesson

China score is due to the Cultural Revolution.
It was so bad people became corrupt to survive.
Every job became about taking bribes or stealing from work.
Read any autobiography from someone who lived through the Cultural Revolution. (1968-1974).
The corruption never went away.

The attitude here is that the wallet and cards have no real value, so if its too much of a hassle to get the wallet to the owner we just wouldn't bother, they can replace the cards simply enough.

Or it's because a lot of China is still fucking poor in many areas combined with too many people that people see kindness as a weakness.

I know I'm definitely not going to act like a kind person when I go there.

they're certainly not the poorest on the list

Buy three key-chains. One for wallet, one for keys, one for phone. You look like special needs but you never have to worry about losing anything ever again.

Attached: imagesALCXHCJ1.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>in other news, a $500,000 social experiment proves rich countries with richer people are less likely to keep someone else’s money they find on the streets

Mind blowing

>In each city, they visited banks, theaters, hotels, police stations, and other public spaces and turned in a “lost wallet"
This is Fucking stupid, handing it in to a police station is very different to a hotel. Police will for a report, but a hotel receptionist probably won't give a shit.

>the rich are motivated by greed
>the rich are less likely to steal

The absolute state of the left.
>economic inequality is an actual problem
The absolute fucking state of the left
>, but even then not everyone is like that. Don't generalize.
You just generalised while condemning generalisations lol.

The absolute fucking STATE of the left.

Attached: the-absolute-state-0f-liberals.gif (377x372, 1.9M)

Also Finland is missing, number one in this study:

rd.com/culture/most-honest-cities-lost-wallet-test/

>All the top countries that returned the wallets are white Europeans

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?

Kind of shocked that israel is 50% figured it would be at zero.

>he doesn't compulsively pat his pockets every few minutes while outside the house to make sure he has his wallet, keys and phone
>he doesn't sporadically panic while driving because he doesn't feel the keys in his pocket

More than likely tourists.

>79%
Used to be higher. Some mysteries are beyond us I guess.

>Poland, Czech Republic, Siberia
>Rich
Or they aren't Niggerfied half breeds without a soul Monkey FAGGOT.

Attached: -VAkNxNp_400x400.jpg (299x299, 26K)

are chinks even human?
literaly worse than niggers

iktf

dude romania, poland, czech etc are dirt poor almost

>be me
>go on brief excursion into nearby woods after school to smoke weed w/ friends
>at car leaving, set bag down beside car and take out water
>leave the bag there

>two or three hours later
>o shit forgot my bag.png
>drive back to the woods (we park outside on the street in a residential area)
>find bag placed on the grass next to sidewalk
>fucking nothing missing

This is what being in a good neighborhood is. It was late afternoon in a relatively busy area, probably upwards of one hundred cars came across that stretch of road. All white? Alright.

Attached: 1560010568431.jpg (630x630, 35K)

Ehm.. SLAVS ARE NOT WHITE. Thank you.

Twice I've lost my wallet, once left it on the train by accident in highschool and another left it at a cafe, both times it got returned.

If it was an empty wallet with no cards or anything I would just through it in the trash probably. But if it had cards in it I would do my best to return it to the owner, as losing all your cards is a PITA

>This is what being in a good neighborhood is. It was late afternoon in a relatively busy area, probably upwards of one hundred cars came across that stretch of road. All white? Alright.

This is what will be completely lost with multiculture