Oregon Standoff -- 100 dead bills edition

tl;dr
>dems use supermajority in house to make several unpopular bills immune to public vote with improper use of emergency clause
>big one is carbon tax, which disproportionately impacts rural conservative voters
>republican senators walk out of sessoin and leave the state
>not enough members to hold a quorum
>dem governor tries to get oregon state police to arrest senators and bring them back
>Senator Boquist says "send bachelors and make sure they're heavily armed"
>militias say they will defend senators if necessary
>state government shuts down due to alleged "milita threat" (no threat was ever made)
>any bill stalled in senate (there are over 100 of them) will likely die if they cant hold a session before June 30th
>governor can call a special session but every bill has to start over
>all republicans want is the carbon tax to go to public vote, where it is 100% guaranteed to fail

Senate Democrats have circulated a list of about 100 bills headed for the trash pile, including budget bills for a number of state agencies, top priority bills for the governor and Democratic legislative leadership, and even Republican-sponsored bills designed to assist rural Oregonians.

archive.fo/6pNp1

Attached: ap_19164611572513-f034c669ec94c71e092dd975e9610bc700fd2dcc-s1100-c15.jpg (1100x824, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rosecityantifa.org/articles/call-to-action-june-29-2019/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>climate change isn't an emergency

I can't wait for these boomers to go to the happy hunting grounds in the sky or hell

It isn't you fucking nigger. Go watch some more Al Gore.

bump

found the buttblasted kike
They're not getting their cap and trade and theyre gonna get completely assreamed in 2020

>Nigger

Meth head redneck detected

Even blacks hate niggers, nigger

Fucking nigger good lord how’d you find this site with all the cum in your eyes?

Fuck off you fucking jew nigger

Bump

If you really thought climate change was real and an emergency you would KYD to help the earth. You dont tho.

Shills ITT

>dems use supermajority in house to make several unpopular bills immune to public vote

That's the entire fucking point of a representative democracy. The people voted for commiecrats, so commiecrat policies shall be passed. It's laughable to accuse a party of using the overwhelming power it acquired after an election. They have the mandate of the people.

Literally nothing will happen. Militias are a bunch of civnat boomer faggots who have Blue Lives Matter stickers on their trucks. They won't shoot cops even when the cops are shooting them.

No, they didn't. Election fraud is rampant out here.

If they have a “mandate” then they shouldnt mind having a public referendum on the bills they want passed. This is the process by which the people that elected them assumed they would be constrained. Are you this stupid or just disingenuous?

Its getting to the point where one or two cities control all the say for the entire state.

You do realize actual climate scientists are calling bullshit on it being a huge issue, right? Alarmist Climate Change is about as scientifically accurate as more then 2 genders is. Get fucked.

I found it funny that niggers use the same logic
>Is a sexual emergency
And then both fuck you

Cops wont shoot them. Those are their kinfolk. Thats how all this civil strife ends. A non white party instructs the Army and police to attack their own people and they simply dissolve the force and wont fight.

No one will fight for a black and foreign party funded by jews against their own peoples.

Then the dominant Asian power will have its opening at long last.

# mass immigration

1 city and two towns are disenfranchising the entire rest of the state.

So? Do you wish to fragment your states further? Not that there's anything wrong with that, just that the reality of your system gives a bunch of people in one place the same power as a bunch of people spread across the rest of the state. It's an irrelevant objection.

>they shouldnt mind having a public referendum on the bills they want passed
Yes, they should. It's their mandate to pass anything that gets a majority of representatives behind it, regardless of popular opinion. You can't just demand a popular vote for something just because you suspect it might not have popular support. The entire point of representatives is to argue and vote in their stead, and the people had their say who gets to decide for them. It's the entire basis of your fucking system.

Stop being a nigger about everything.

>economic costs of climate change estimated to be about $500 billion per anum
>thats less than 1% of global output
>some of this is actually prodictive work like building levees, rasing houses etc
>left wants to us this issue to assert greater government control in the economy, raise prices and destroy industries
>meanwhile the main polluters in the developing world do nothing

Climate alarmism is a big scam

Even if manmade climate change exists, cap and trade won't do shit to stop it. The rich (and corporations) will continue to use fossil fuels, and the working class will suffer the most.

While this is a legitimate point about representative democracy, the issue is that in the 70's the Supreme Court made it so state senators had to be apportioned by population, this essentially obliterated the point of the upper house which was envisioned by the foundeds and copied by virtually every state as a counter to the metropoles gaining all the power.

>Lmao if you didn't want them to make raping your wives legal you shouldn't have voted for them
The fact that other people voted for them isn't a get-out-of-responsibility-free card. If they try to destroy people's livelihoods, those people are fully entitled to bitch and moan

You are assuming that the people of Oregon voted them in and that there was no fuckery going on during the elections.
I assume that the dead and the frequent voters voted them in and when the people of Oregon get a chance to speak up their minds on these bills we will see how many of them actually want the D's in their government.
It's possible that the exodus from Commiefornia is destroying Oregon and that the idiots from that state are ruining another state. I just don't think so.
After the 30th we will know if I'm right.

a carbon tax in oregon isn't going to do anything but destroy their economy

Then just revolt already.

Oregon allows for the people to double guess their "representatives", who would the representatives insist of taking that priviledge from their people?
Things aren't right just because they are allowed by the law.
Democrats shouldn't be scared of facing a scrutiny on their rulings if they really captured the Oregonians and have their support.

I'm not in Oregon, and I don't want a revolt.
I think we should do everything possible and even beyond to fix the problem peacefully, before considering the revolt/civil war.
Having said that: I won't hesitate to fight when it becomes necessary.
So far Oregonians are handling it very well and I hope that they succeed.

cagers btfo. get absofuckinglutely fucked.

how come rural villages in europe are walkable and you think you need to drive a giant SUV 100 miles a day back and forth to walshart? get rekt. i wonder what happened the last time a bunch of retarded hicks decided to revolt against the government? Oh, right. you lost, and you took the dick up your ass.

you are getting a carbon tax. and you deserve it.

Attached: jhghhgjjh.jpg (556x750, 42K)

Except that public referendum is part of the process. It also happens to be mandatory for any bills that raise taxes.

kys nigger the entire world hates you subhuman monkeys

Representative democracy is cancer anyways and any laws passed by a representative body that wasn't elected by 100% of the voters is illegitimate by default.

Modern telecommunication technology have made Athenian style direct democracy a possibility once again, and yet all these political castes virulently oppose direct democracy and e-democracy. Fuck representative democracy and fuck representatives as well. And also fuck niggers and jannies too.

Everyone who’s even moderately paying attention knows it’s coming. Just look at history: violent revolt is the norm, not some aberration. The outlier is the last 80 years of craziness brought on by a strange confluence of industry, history and chance.

I'm not saying that it's not going to happen user.
All I'm saying is that I don't want it to happen.
I also said that when it comes I won't hesitate and will fight.

>oregon will save the world
leftypol just go masturbate or something this is pathetic

Pencil neck leftard detected, initiate gas

Yeah, because all those big polluters in rural Oregon are killing the global ecosystems.

Attached: 1112087687569875789856.jpg (1251x837, 167K)

Remember: your pea-brain can't comprehend that it's fascism when you do it.

You are going to die in the coming civil war.

Oh well. Don't live in a Blue state if you don't like left-leaning politics.

The Oregon governor is fascistic; the Republicans should refer to her as that.

It worked when it took days or even weeks just to get to the state capital or even months to get to Washington DC. But now we have an entrenched bureaucratic system that relies on the ignorance of the population. That will be hard to get rid of

Fuck you, the people didnt vote for them, multnomah county did. If that law only applies to multnomah county, let it pass, otherwise, they can go fuck themselves.

> immune to public vote
no, the clause just put them into effect immediately, rather than 90 days
Anything passed can be voted down by ballot measure

The word fascism gets thrown around way too much lately. She should be called what she is, a dictator. Because that’s what she’s doing she is dictating without oversight.

> are you stupid or disingenuous
Can't it be both?

The public does not vote on every bill, just the ones that pass, and then meet public opposition, where a referendum determines if the politicians went too far. It's a balance of power, so if politicians get elected to do one thing and then pull a 180, they get shut down. Kraut fuck.

This is the greatest story in America today.

Attached: Screenshot_20190624-104414_Twitter.jpg (1079x1170, 383K)

Checked.
Also isn't the referendum in Oregon required if the law is raising taxes?

Again, this is not the “basis” of our system. It is not their job to act as gods imbued with ultimate authority. Their system dictates that all bills are put to referendum. This is the BASIS of their system. They want around this because they feel superior to those that voted them in. They aren’t. Either you are a fucking worthless bootlicker that cedes their own autonomy to others or a fucking ridiculous disingenuous shill. KYS.

>Its getting to the point where one or two cities control all the say for the entire state.
Portland and Eugene, with Ashland fagging up the rear.

literally
>they can't keep getting away with this
Sen. Sam Hyde (R)?

if it’s an emergency, how is taxing people going to fix it?

sage all slide threads

Dems do this literally all the time. Fuck they've done it before in Oregon.

>be oldfag
>been told the sea levels are going to rise and swallow us up for 30 years
>sea levels are the same now as they were then
>tfw will never get the chance to become a post apocalyptic viking raider

Attached: 1543622838772.jpg (1167x1167, 175K)

>Do you wish to fragment your states further?
Yes. Before WW2 we used to stop everyone at the California border with shotguns and pass out pamphlets for Jefferson.

Attached: jeffersonstate.jpg (1918x1542, 541K)

>Then just revolt already.
This is the first step, but Dems have to escalate with violence or it won't work.

It isn't, because even if you believe in it, we have had a solution to it since like the 60s, nuclear power, but the same dip shits that says science proves climate change is real ignore the science that says nuclear is safe and efficient

Surest sign of underage is you don’t remember the climate emergency that was supposed to have the world on fire/flooded already.

Tyrannical Dyke

> It's the entire basis of your fucking system.

And has been entirely subverted by communists posing as moderates to get elected and then pushing far left policies and no moderate ones.

Go for it, then. The point of states is to represent geographic differences in culture and politics, so a city-rural divide is certainly grounds for balkanization. But until you do, you're bound to what your state and its laws say, or to rise in revolt. Only fools delude themselves into thinking there are other options.

stay strong and fuck the kike slaves (politicians)

Attached: AD735940-AA30-48C0-A02C-038B7D45C3E7.jpg (468x714, 106K)

Yes (unless it's an emergency)

I really don't see the downside to Jefferson. The divides between it and the rest of California are dramatic, politically, socially, economically. Besides that CA is just too huge. At minimum it should be cut into north and south.

There is no such thing as free energy, no matter what you use it will still harm the environment in different ways and those who don't still heat up the atmosphere,the whole carbon tax meme is straight up theft to find more trannies and fag advertising

Nope.
All tax bills must go to the ballot.
But they don't consider it a tax to force people to buy permits and carbon credits.

Attached: Goldman.jpg (1836x3264, 854K)

That's what I thought.
And thus the "emergency " clause is bullshit put there to make it pass immediately and without an opposition.

Kate Brown was sure fine with it to stop mild public retirement cost bending. Now though it's a looming crisis justifying a state force.

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-164031_Twitter.jpg (810x1407, 589K)

this
wasn't the sea level supposed to have risen by 2 meters by 2020?

As I've always said when talking about this, we've been ten years away from running out of oil for thirty years. I hear often that it's a "settled science", but every prediction is overly alarmist.

Attached: 1534671478804.png (1891x4901, 2.2M)

DEMOCRATS IN OREGON HAVE SPENT 30 YEARS DESTROYING EVERY HYDROELECTRIC DAM THEY POSSIBLY COULD

>If I pay the government more money they will control the weather for me
Why are you so fucking retarded? Is this bait? Am I retarded for believing someone is actually retarded enough to believe your retarded post. Is this inception of retardation?

By 2000 if I'm not mistaken.

>t. Portland

Attached: 1560951318137.png (988x1066, 526K)

Well I know that. In southern Oregon I see Jefferson flags all over. 10 years ago it was only a handful of nuts who worried about the UN taking guns. Now I see dudes wearing Jefferson shirts in WinCo.

It fucking raises the gas tax by 50¢ a year.

Normally, when legislation is passed, it goes into effect in 90 days. In those 90 days, opposition gathers signatures to make it a ballot measure for the next cycle. The only thing the emergency clause does, is make it effective immediately.
It will still be put on the next ballot and will get voted up or down, directly.

Why? Hydro is the cleanest and safest form of power generation, other than maybe geothermal.

Jefferson is north to Eugene and south to Sacramento, the double XX represents Salem and Sacramento never listening to the rest of us.

patience, the left has to do something violent first. Wait for the 29th.
>rosecityantifa.org/articles/call-to-action-june-29-2019/

Attached: Scar17 TA11E .jpg (3504x2791, 3.7M)

> If I give the priests more of my crops, they will keep the gods from smiting me.
Sound familiar?

Attached: 1552621231007.png (1912x1060, 1.17M)

Why do t*urkshits always make leaf-tier posts?

not for fish

new huh?
they say its to save the fish. also i have 2 different payments on my power bill that say its for deconstruction of dams.
the Marxist freaks in portland are actively trying to destroy Oregon.

what are the chances of chaos breaking out?

ah you must be a gen-x guy then
for us early millenials it was 2020

the zoomers are being fed the 2050 line nowadays

I want a happening. Let them come and see that our patience has limits.

kek, I remember having friends back in 2007/2008 that were convinced the brief 2008 spike in oil prices was due to peak oil finally hitting and getting ready to end the world. here we are, 10 years later, the #1 oil producer in the world against every single malthusian prediction ever made about US oil production
AGW is exactly the same bullshit, just repackaged. they throw a bunch of these "peak-X" doomsday scenarios around to see which ones can gain traction, and they peddle the same solution for all of them: total government control over the economy

I doubt the state police are looking for them very hard. The last thing they would want is a standoff, and it's not like these Republicans are criminals.

Dyketator

Attached: fuck Kate Brown.jpg (720x1198, 238K)

Large scale Hydro really fucks with the fish populations. Especially in the Pacific Northwest where it really screws with the salmon spawning. There are ways around this, but they are expensive. And it’s easier just to make the people pay more.

They will, because they have the land and the guns and the food.

All they really needed up until now was balls.

I'm not sure what the specifics are.
Some site told me "Four states — Delaware, Kentucky, Mississippi and Oregon — require a three-fifths majority vote(to raise revenue)."
So maybe they can increase taxes in the legislature

Muh fish (which haven't recovered because the seals eat them all and the Indians are allowed to use giant nets)