Language Learning (Political for sure)

Just saw a duolingo thread that got shot down so here's a new one.
Post your streaks and flex on monolingual haters

>Languages are political, don't call mommy pls.

Attached: 85934346.png (987x848, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iLBgGd1j08o
bbc.com/pidgin.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whats the point of learning another language if you don't have a specific business or emigration reason?

Also: learning a language through something like duolingo or memrise will never get you to anything approaching fluency

You understand other cultures better through language and you're generally a more interesting person to talk to
If you claim to be of European decent, you might want to know something about it, no?

Been learning Ukrainian a bit it’s fun if you get pen pals abroad

>You understand other cultures better
Lmao

I am learning Spanish because I like Spanish metal.
I haven't used Duo in a long time though. I use Assimil.

youtube.com/watch?v=iLBgGd1j08o

Attached: apu.jpg (746x541, 45K)

flexing on americans and brits

Attached: 1549299325519.png (865x650, 124K)

Europe is muttland. That's why you need to know 50 forms of dirty pig latin to get by. Monoglots are the true masters. Bow before our universal language.

Attached: 1540566570366.jpg (1117x1052, 293K)

>"our"
>flag: US
"Your" language came from Europe btw

So when foreigners come to your country you pick out which ones are talking shit to beat and rob.

It liberated itself from Yurop.

Unfortunately this. I did most of the German course and the best I can do is read German. I still can't listen/speak/write German worth shit.

Your language still came from Yurop

>Finn
>"came from europe"
>doubt.png
Back to outer mongolia friendo.

RIP American intellectuals. That said you're right about English being the only language worth learning. I haven't yet been to a European country and had trouble talking to the locals because ~30% of random citizens and 100% of shopkeepers speak English.

Typical uneducated merimutt
Our language came from the Urals, our people are more Aryan than most of Europe itself

My bad bro, I confused your made up countries flag for that of Finnland. Carry on cyber Panama.

That's true and cool to be able to talk to most foreigners in English without any problems.
Something English people won't experience though is having a foreigner speak to you in your mother tongue, it feels special
"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."

As in there's nothing special when someone learns English, try to find someone trying to learn Estonian and you'll feel real proud. Especially since it's considered the hardest language in Europe together with Finnish and Hungarian

Je déteste les niggers

>English [Simplified]
Imagine being proud over using a version of a language specifically modified for nigger-level IQ.

That's the spirit!

Meanwhile in the English speaking world so many people have made shitty attempts to learn English that we wish they would just stop trying.
>bbc.com/pidgin.
>Di one wey dem dey read well.

>So proud
>uses meme flag

>Uses meme flag
>t. Meme flag
lmao

Duolingo is hot garbage. Pick up a language learning book instead.

Nice argument
American English will always the rebellious retarded son to Daddy British

That's always a treat

Duolingo is not great, not terrible.

That's because duolingo is shit. Books are best, preferably older ones not catered to modern retards. Then endless memorisation, television/radio/podcasts, etc.
And obviously to speak you need to speak, so that is the hardest without intensive classes or living in the country.

Frankly these language learning apps are a whole load of bullshit.

English is a shitty merchant language without depth. If you think language is only about having conversations with shopkeepers/randoms, then that makes you a brainlet, and really quite typical of a monolingual english-speaker (i guess proving my point).
Seeing right here why and how anglos and their bastard offspring have managed to destroy and barbarise the whole world into one giant strip mall.

take this unfunny shit back to plebbit where it came from and get it off this board.

>user thinks that I'd ever become close to a filthy foreigner.
Nah. Randoms and shopkeepers are all that you can talk to in foreign countries. It's like how everyone speaks English on Jow Forums. You're all randoms and I'll never be close to any of you.

>tfw have been using french regular for months to brush up on my skills as I haven't used it since college
>Go online and normie French people use weird Arabic slang like "khey" all the time
>mfw I'll never be fluent enough to no longer sound like an overly formal robot

Feels bad man

learning german and russian ama

Do Quebecois French then, at least you’ll have like three extra years of usefulness before we catch up to Europe

Wtf is duolingo? Why just not read books, listen to podcasts, radio, youtube, talk to people, write? I never learned any language by trying to learn it, I learned them by using them (mostly reading).

How do you feel about having the most superior flag?

Wow, you completely misunderstood my point. Talk about being a complete and utter retard. It's not about "conversations" at all: that's why dumb girls learn languages. The real reason is so you can interact with your cultural heritage, the literature and philosophy of your race. You fucking imbecile.

feels good being able to post a pic of alexander and cause more butthurt than 100 leaf post

I've been learning Japanese through Duolingo and it's been going pretty well. I've got all the hiragana and katakana memorized but kanji are a bitch.

Yeah well. I said that I can more or less read German from the start. It was the interacting with others parts that I found difficult. It's not my fault that you didn't bother reading the posts by my ID before trying to throw generalizations at a more specific problem.

>I can learn Japanese but I can't actually learn Japanese.
Kanji are the core of the language. Reading hira/kata is like being able to read full stops and exclaimation marks.

Great and conquerorpilled

Im learning Italian on duolingo, it's good so far. Obviously you need to practice it with someone who actually speaks italian though on a regular basis. Luckily where I work theres an italian girl who I can practice with.

This. Duolingo helps with basics, but nothing else really

I was learning Italian on Duolingo, but I decided to stop. I probably will continue to learn Italian, just not on Duolingo. On the plus side, I know basic Italian

I'll figure it out, maybe.

Attached: 1463695089002.jpg (655x527, 59K)

Good luck. It requires autism to learn it as an adult though. East Asian kids all spend hours every day drilling this shit so they can use it in school.

I tried to learn Estonian and gave up, it's really hard specially leaning the cases.Still want to lean someday because it's just sounds so beautiful, just don't have the will to learn it right now.

How I learned fluent spanish

Google "1000 most common worlds in spanish"
print it out, staple
every night before you go to bed, go over it 3 times
after some months you'll memorize all 1000 words
then go talk to people in spanish as often as you can

Duo by itself is not enough. It's a great too that you can use right now for free. You can always get some classes after you finish the tree.

Attached: stock-photo-primoz-trubar-portrait-from-slovenian-money-793063513 (1).jpg (1125x1600, 3.34M)

I wouldn't consider 1000 words fluent, but OK. 50,000 - 100,000 would perhaps be fluent.

Props to you for trying, even Estonians don't get them right all the time. We have a big Russian minority (25%), those who try among them have a tough time. Don't be discouraged though, I personally love being able to say a whole English sentence in just a couple words. That's where Estonian really shines. I know Spanish also has some special cases, does Portuguese as well?
This is actually based

Portuguese has gender nouns winch maybe hard for foreigners but I if not wrong I don't think we have cases, the first time that I learned about cases in Estonian it felt like my brain opened another dimension lol. I'm learning Russian right now and it's much easier even cyrilic was much easier to learn than a few sentences in Estonian.

duolingo is fucking trash. get anki for vocab, go through some grammar guides, and start reading shit.
t. successfully bilingual without that feel good, do nothing cancerous bullshit
pft. you can do hira and kata in one fucking week. I know over 1500 kanji. duolingo is trash that makes you feel like you accomplished something with digital trophies, and as in your case you don't even have basic functionality.

Your own language puts you in a rut of thinking that you can't even see. Just learn one other and you can understand this and to an extent nullify it.

>not knowing language of his enemies
pathetic

Russian is a good choice as well, it's partially mandatory for Estonians since a lot of times in the poorer neighbourhoods you have Russians come up to you and ask for a sigaret or such and they don't speak any Estonian at all.
Portuguese seems to have some sort of similarity with Russian, they sound similar
-
One example on Estonian just for fun:
Vanaisale means "for my grandfather"
Vanaisalt - "from my grandfather"
Vanaisaks - (to become/to be) a grandfather
Vanaisade autodesse - "Into the cars of the grandfathers"

That is why I'm glad to speak English as a second language. Learning English today is so easy that I'd teach my child a second language that isn't English because I know they'll learn it while they grow up with the Internet just by itself

I’m with you Nigel. I did most of the Spanish one and didn’t get that much from it.

Yup Portuguese and Russian have a lot of similar sounds.Tallinn is like 40% Russian right?And in the Eastern parts of the country from Rakvere to Narva. It must be odd to live in Country where so many people don't speak your language.

Best langauge(s) for a dumb American to learn? Please no Spanish.

English

>studied language in college
>used low volume of vocab to get a cutie
>years later, studying another language
>using duolingo, books, pinterests, language meetups
>travelling to specific country next year
I'm ready, I must spread my seed to raise my army

Attached: 1494635816323.jpg (499x699, 279K)

Russian. People will think you can read Chinese while the language is far closer to English once you understand Cyrillic. And Cyrillic itself is not that hard.

Unironically Spanish. You don't have to talk to spics user.
Spanish has the best literature of any language after Latin.