When will America finally adopt metric?

When will America finally adopt metric?

Attached: 51FEF54E-6962-4A87-9B10-D3A11AF52AFC.jpg (259x194, 5K)

Never. Metric is for plebes.

Attached: 1561043010767.jpg (618x828, 47K)

Probably not until Bernie forces us to so we can be more like his beloved Soviet Union.

However, I use metric already for my medical job and woodworking/metalworking hobbies.

I HATE Celsius for temperature, though.

Attached: F7PPZPDGXQPMTRJ.MEDIUM.jpg (620x465, 23K)

Most of the world and every other country in North America use metric, what’s wrong with adopting it?

The metric system is just made up.

metric is a jewish psyop

Attached: 9230E901-4A23-485B-831C-20BF447EDD7E.png (300x300, 28K)

>Using metric for woodworking

Attached: 1560361440665.gif (500x267, 999K)

When the rest of the world formally adopts English.

Friendly reminder

Attached: r3xPjAR.jpg (1427x628, 187K)

you are only country that uses these measurements, enjoy converting

only manlets like metric because chicks are too stupid to understand what 6' converts to

Attached: 1549438714612.png (634x792, 618K)

what did you get from it ? its show off, all tax money went into it multiple attempts and no outcome, just a man can step on moon. show real achievement in space

Not until English is adopted globally.
Both are about communicating efficiently, right?
We run the world, we'll trade one for the other.

>trade one arbitrary measuring system for another arbitrary measuring system

Attached: seriously.jpg (306x306, 20K)

Most everything I build is Nordic in origin so I either get plans from a Euro or a Euro gracious enough to measure their example and send me the data in Metric. I've found mm to be more accurate than 7/64ths or whatever.

When I go to sell my stuff, I list in in Imperial with metric in () since I do get a surprising amount of East European and Norwegian buyers.

We use it in science. Are you seriously upset we don’t use it for road signs and oven temp?

>English is american
you probably dont know but in all of Europe British-English is taught

Didn't they just "update" the metric system with new "measurements"?

>he thinks the unit of measurement actually matters.

>Globally
>Europe
I hope Russia invade you again.

America uses the metric system for a lot of stuff. Especially industry
>t. EE

>you are only country that uses these measurements
Burma and Liberia also use Imperial, 0.82% of an American lake.

Attached: GreatLakesKek.png (1149x525, 21K)

Name one country in this continent where american english is taught. Its all British English

the metric system is a godless development of the french revolution.

as soon as you get that dick out of your mouth

>mfw have to use both systems at work and in everyday life
Aren't you euros always the ones telling us mutts off for not knowing multiple languages?

Atleast we have our own country to people that are different from others. Its not a state like in america and we arent even smallest in Europe, countries like holland denmark belgium slovenia and alot of others are much smaller than ours.

On this board Euros say:
>Color
>Tire (exception: Finns, they spell it 'tyre')
>Check
>Aluminum

The Internet is Yankee English

forgot my pic like the retard I am

Attached: ha.jpg (233x217, 5K)

Attached: bbab7ny8eby01.jpg (1242x1245, 261K)

Metric is way fucking easier cause everything is 1 to 100. 1 km equals 1000 m. 10 millimetres in a centimetre. Etc. 12 inches in a foot, a yard is 3 feet, etc. Way harder to remember.

>Atleast we have our own country to people that are different from others

>Our own country
Tell that to the Onions in Narva and Tallinn.

Attached: NarvaMan.jpg (777x757, 136K)

When soccer stops being for faggots.

So, never.

>what are thou
t. EET

American football is for faggots, a bunch of men in tight pants tackling each other to the ground.

you think that they think they live in russia?

americans always were hipsters.
why take something convinient when you can be unique to everyone else?

metric is better for calculations on paper
imperial is better for measurement

metric is better for a scientist, imperial is better for the average man

We didn't need to redefine weights and measurements recently.
So, never.

Leaf admits imperial requires thinking

We just never changed because there is no need to? The imperial system works perfectly fine, why should we change besides groupthink?

>implying I’m European

Probably not anytime soon unfortunately.
I've been using it pretty much exclusively for the last couple of years, it's nice.

get off my board you fucking faggot.

Attached: cringe.png (377x512, 186K)

It's retarded that they teach us British English, nobody uses it, especially not Brits (they use some bastardization of English instead of American English though).

Everyone in Narva watches Russian TV. There are many such cases where KaPo has documented them saying they would follow Moscow's orders in the event of a Venemaa-Eesti Crisis like in Ukraine. There's at least 10 Narva 'Estonians' implicated in the whole Eston Kohver fiasco, but KaPo can't do shit about it without riots that would make the Bronze Soldier Riots look like laulupidu.

Metric is gay
And so are you

its for the accent so you will speak more understandably and not in thick own accent. american english has no accent so you wont learn any accent
>Everyone in Narva watches Russian TV
yes they do
>they would follow Moscow's orders in the event of a Venemaa-Eesti Crisis like in Ukraine
likely
>There's at least 10 Narva 'Estonians' implicated in the whole Eston Kohver fiasco, but KaPo can't do shit about it without riots that would make the Bronze Soldier Riots look like laulupidu
thats a lie. why would there be riots of a spies and why would KaPo be afraid of taking spies? you know that we have most russian spy busts in whole world here? our goverment has worked out methods, one being that every single spy gets public coverage its not being quieted down like in west. where are the riots then ? recently we busted a rusrat just taking pictures of our land, no idea how they got such an information but its likely from the other side of border as we have our own people there. where are riots? they live in Estonia and follow Estonian law and if they decide not then they can keep working in ida-virumaa mines to death, legal concentration camps. most of the soviet rats are disorganized low IQ people. i dont know what brainwash view you have of the situation here

British English has retarded spellings. And American English does have accent, unless you accept it as "the default, correct English". Accent is just pronouncing things differently (wrongly), and since there's no actual default English, by definition every variation of English has an accent. That's also why nobody really considers people from their country speaking English to have an accent, they just consider it shitty pronunciation because they know why it happens and often either make the same mistakes or used to.
And "proper" British English is the least comprehendible accent, to be honest. I have an easier time understanding even Pajeets.

>most of the soviet rats are disorganized low IQ people

I agree with you there in whole heart, sõber. However, not all. The 10 I'm talking about have connections and influence and blackmail in every administration from Laar to Ratas.

Kaitseminister Sven Mikser has some particularly... interesting... members of his staff NATO and KaPo can't touch.

its to learn to break out of your own accent when speaking in english. thats why they teach british-english. it will be more understandable for others to listen a british-english accent than me speak in thick Estonian accent. american english doesnt have a such accent to teach you to break out of your own

just googling random names and translating random stuff ?

Ei. Anna andeks, minu eesti keel on halb.

never. the metric system was created by satan

All imperial units are already defined by the metic system, so technically speaking we have already adopted the metric system

When it becomes a more intuitive form of measuring in non-scientific scenarios.

Never, metric sucks
Based Patrician
>denying the measurement system used for thousands of years

Does anyone use the metric calendar? metric clock?
I thought not.
Imperial masterrace, the Romans had (literal) laser precision with Imperial.

metric=pleb
and I grew up with metric.. ugh.