>be me
>Business trip in Germany
>At restaurant ordering food
>"And for drinks sir?"
>"I'll have water"
>Look of confusion in the eyes of waiter
>"Only water?"
>"....yes"
Apparently this is a common thing in Germany. you aren't supposed to ask for water in German restaurants for whatever reason. They get pissed if you do. What's the reason for this? Is this like a cultural thing?

Attached: water-filter-buying-guide-e1544721509833.jpg (410x230, 13K)

It's because they won't get a tip on free water.

This thread sucks dyke ass!

It's the same in most European countries. Most people don't even know what a coffee that doesn't come out of an espresso machine is.

Order beer, Leaf. Yes, it is a cultural thing.

>tip
>Germany
You’ve never left the city you were born in, have you?

Because they aren't supposed to charge you for water.

You get free water every place you eat here as soon as you sit down.

Must suck living in shithole countries where water isn't free lol

So you're telling me that this isn't just a German thing

because they have no water taps in the bar and being a burger they probably went to the bathroom instead of the kitchen to get it from the water tap

or leaf, kinda the same

Same with Canada and US. Apparently it's a EU thing

I had this experience a few times too. They only serve beer, hell I had one poor waiter run across the street to a gas station to get me some water.

What the fuck do you mean no water taps? Are they washing all the dishes in beer?

Germans only drink pee pee. Fact!

Attached: image.jpg (1182x754, 52K)

the bar has kegs no faucets or taps because all the shit is washed in the kitchen. they put used cups in grates they later take to the back because its a fucking 400 year old building nigger theyre not made of money

Nah it's a European thing. What's weirder is that in Singapore I had to pay 50 cents for a glass of tap water. Which is even weirder since the food is dirt cheap and you can get quality drinks for a dollar.

europoors dont have running water

it only comes in bottles

>Only water?
>That's right Hans. Fuck your sorry ass warm German beer.
>Now bring some loaves of chocolate and a bag of milk, you fuck!
>Don't forget the WATER!

grate crates? whatever that milk shit comes in except beer in europe

undisputingly based

how does europe even get water?

It is only worth doing this in Czech Republic where the beer is basically less than a dollar.

Well, I guess it's hard to make money selling beer under Sharia law. Maybe Hans will German engineer himself up a working faucet so he can drink some water before his beheading.

they have plumbing but not at the front where the bar usually is

european marketing 101 put bar near front by window so people walking outside see drunk people at bar

That's so frustrating. Even in the UK it's like that.

>Go over to visit, ask for coffee expecting drip, pour over, cowboy, etc.
>Get a single shot of espresso with 8oz of water
>Tastes like 100% ass

Europeans give Americans so much shit for being uncultured and how our beer tastes like water and so on, yet their coffee (and many other things) are disgusting, watered down garbage.

>being surprised that, once you leave America, water is hard to come by
This should serve as a peek into the future of america

This is a giant crock of shit and you live in Kansas.

no it isn't and kansas would be comfy

Did you tell them Nestle tried to buy up the water plants?

It's making sense why Europeans are cranky all the time
They are dehydrated

Attached: 1545178979300.jpg (500x500, 30K)

They don't have snow melt, great lakes, riverheads, etc. They argue over communists and all these Jews.

Go next door to Belgium and drink some quads.

i live in the country, and water and ice is always served. its just brought. usually with lemon

what dish did you order with your water?

Why did you order a stupid glass of water? You should have ordered a Pokémon creature.

It was some kind of pasta. I can't recall the name

>be in Germany
>order water
>they bring a 200 MLS bottle of mineral water
>they charge only slightly less for that small bottle of mineral water than they would charge for a 500 ml bottle of beer

England isn't a coffee country. You get drip coffee in Germany though

Same in America, in fact I think it is illegal here for a restaurant to charge money for tap water

Where is Finland putting all of it, lads?

Attached: chartoftheday_8602_top_coffee_drinking_nations_n.jpg (960x1231, 422K)

up their asses

In America food is rather expensive while (non-alcoholic) drinks are cheap and often free refill.
In parts of Europe it's the other way round.
Restaurants make their money on the drinks. As ordering only water became a thing here, some restaurants started charging for tap water.

>water
you mean like from the toilet?

german fresh tap is not potable

>some restaurants started charging for tap water
If only you weren't so new you would have known this years ago. It's part of the UN toilet to tap program.

You're probably just the first Canadian she's served that didn't order a glass of semen..

I had the same response. I hate those retard germans, their food is shit and they're habitual fucking drunks.

since they don' have tips they make up that money in expensive drinks. and no refill allowed. the tip meme has it's perks and the euros are too brainwashed

20 years ago everyone sold shitty drip coffee here.
Then people started thinking "I could make that at home for pennies" and started demanding espresso.

They do have (and expect) tips in Germany, just not at the retarded "muh, 20% minimum!" level.

>be me, trip to Italy years ago
>it's like 100 degrees in Rome and I've been walking everywhere all day
>stop in at bistro for some refreshments
>Dying of thirst, ask for water
>waiter looks like i just farted in his mouth
>they begrudgingly being me a water bottle
>open it while conversing with my wife, not paying close attention
>drink giant gulp
>throat burning like I just drank acid
> it's fucking seltzer water
Why do they do it? Water is the most basic building block of life, and when they do give it to you it's like drinking a big heaping glass of hydrogen peroxide.

we drink alcohol here in Europe fgt

bruh

>Only water?
>That's right Hans. Fuck your sorry ass warm German beer.
>Now bring some loaves of chocolate and a bag of milk, you fuck!
>Don't forget the WATER!

Poor kid, we need to get you reparations for that fizzy water PTSD.

next time don t ask for coffee in the UK dumbass

Shut up mick

>In Germany
>Orders water

OP, congratulations! You've discovered a new level of faggotry.

Attached: OP is a phaggot.png (1532x824, 1.44M)

mick your mom , i m luigi cunt

very expensive if you buy it bottled

Coffee isn't hard, you should be able to get it in any country. Illy-livered half-black piece of shit. Your coffee culture is a scam.

Attached: illy.jpg (1500x1500, 123K)

Direct caffeination. Fins, all about efficiency.

I"m a big fan of coffee enemas myself, used to do them a lot. Wheat grass up the old patoot a few times too, what a rush.

Ok Padraig you stupid cunt

this. they still use roman plumbing in many parts

>Why do they do it? Water is the most basic building block of life, and when they do give it to you it's like drinking a big heaping glass of hydrogen peroxide.
Fucking plebe. Seltzer is only for patrician tastes. You wouldn't know good if it kicked you in the mouth.

Who fucking cares. Fuck em

Drink your water. Then ask for another

You're fucking American

Go make me a fucking panini, you greasy Italian. Coffee is dirt simple and anybody should be able to figure it out. 85% of Americans are retarded and even we figured out how to make it dank almost every time.

Here bottle water good

Holy fucking Jesus Christ this thread. Fucking Americunts know nothing of Europe and definitely not one shit about the Nordic countries. Come to Finland, the de facto #1 country in the world. You'll get the best water you've ever had and you'll get it everywhere for free, except at a dirty kebabs pizza joint.

its a leaf

the faggots from a macdonalds in sweden had the AUDACITY to charge me for water. Hellfire. They deserve hellfire.

Finland seems lame, I've met you people and while I know it's been said ad nauseum the word autism came to mind.

but you don't have any interesting history or things to see. inb4 neither do you

We dont drink water
I mean i personally drink no water at all, even though we have pretty good sprint water from the mountains

You drink only beer?

Tips are already automatic added to the bill in Germany.

So what happens if you want to drink water in Europe? Do they force you to dehydrate to death?

No one gives a shit about Finland. Maybe some tarted up cunts in the US that work for a Danish pharmeceutical company come over and spend 1/2 hour 'exploring' every country in Scandinavia before getting on the next puddle jumper.

They post pictures on Instagram having a good time but the detachable showerhead in the hotel that they flicked their bean with was better than anything Europe had to offer. They come home and lie to their parents, telling them they had a good time.

>frew water
>Germany
You won't believe it, but they charge you for tap water in Germany.

Put Australia on that list. We'll shit all over it

I’d fuck that shower head

No, they aren't.
Service is included.
Tips are optional (but more or less expected) and extra.

>they make up that money in expensive drinks
this is correct. even the fancy fine dining restaurants don't make a huge amount of gross profit from the meals, the real profitable products in restaurants are the drinks. they don't consume a lot of labour, as opposed to the food side, there is little to no wastage and the mark up is much more than any food product.
that's also the reason why free refills on soft drinks are a thing, because 1 litre of coke is 5¢ to a fast food outlet, so giving someone another 5¢ bonus to get them as a customer is nothing in the scheme of things.

here it's sold as a "service" because they throw ice and lemon in

Everyone already knows this. That's why there are cheapskates that order water in the first place. Stop belaboring the point.

Well, I would be confused as well if she would have any objections to serve a water, as long as you were with someone. But going alone to the restaurant or whatever is word indeed.

I mean going alone to the restaurant to drink water is weird. But as long as you were eating she shouldn’t have anything against.

How do you survive without drinking water?

What in the hell are you talking about?

Is there a way to get in on the cheap soda if you're just a random person?
I spend way too much money on soda. It's my only physical vice though

karl's junior
fuck you, i'm eating

>Finland
>Scandinavia

On the 4th, of all days.

Attached: Capture.jpg (286x273, 17K)

In some restaurants, they try to shame you if you don’t order a drink. Then waiters act like „uhh, can’t you afford something more expensive?“. Once i did not want to drink anything at all and the waiter wanted to kick me out. He even went to his boss to complain.

The thing is that drinks are overpriced and the make easy money with it and that's why they want you to buy more than just water.

Yes, they are. That's why your shit food is expensive.

>what is alcohol

But coffee is supposed to be disgusting. I grimace every time i drink it