Is it better to have $100k sitting in a bank account for retirement, or a rental property netting you $800/month

Is it better to have $100k sitting in a bank account for retirement, or a rental property netting you $800/month.

Does it change if you already have $1,500/mo in rental property income to add that to?

Attached: dod pic2.jpg (600x400, 47K)

wrong thread
but you can figure out on a pure return basis by finding the IRR of cash flows in Excel
those 2 assets are not the only asset classes / choices available.
you could also invest in stocks including REITs

Attached: unknown (1).png (655x695, 803K)

Is that 1500 your primary source of income? If not, how secure do you feel, and how hopeful for advanvement?

do you have an 8 month safety net as well as 100k if so start slum lording my man

lmao fuck that, not paying pencil pushers to shuffle stocks around all day just to break even

no, working as long as able as well, potentially working less as income permits.

got a couple properties already, gaining that $1,500/mo

Fuck off to
We’re busy here blaming government for all our personal problems, not looking to actually solve them.

Real estate is every bit politics my man.

"lmao fuck that, not paying pencil pushers to shuffle stocks around all day just to break even"
have you heard of an index fund / ETF? you must live in EU. they even have ETFs in EU bud

It isnt, chucklefuck. Sorry Jow Forums is such a cryptoshill hellhole but thats where you take this. I'd recommend a different website as well as that you kys

Kys faggot
9.6% annual return is good imo, definitely better than the bank in many ways, but liquidity remains king. Leverage and cash positions are important factors.

Are you managing your properties yourself? Are you planning 10% of gross for emergencies? What is your leverage position on these properties?

>What is your leverage position on these properties?

0% all paid in cash

By a couple properties do you mean your personal home in addition to the $1500 a month in current rental properties and the question is whether or not you should add another property for an addition $800?

Add another property for an additional $800.

and yes entire family + couple good contractors managing the properties

Depends on where you are really an how much you're going to get hit with taxes on the rentals, sometimes you have to look for break points where taking on 1 additional property doesn't actually gain you much if you're managing it yourself. A lot of people I know that start accumulating rentals do so as they're preparing to retire so they just replace their current income with the rental income by grabbing a few in rapid succession so they don't get hammered by taxes. They end up working less but for relatively the same money.

Tennessee, 0% income tax, sales tax higher than Illinois

0.75% of home value in property taxes per year

Oh then just fucking do it user. You already have the experience managing a rental.

I was expecting that kind of result. $25k/year or so from rentals + walmart tier job might make a sustainable household income, and then you still own the properties so there's that too.

Housing has to be one of the easier services to provide if the tenants aren't retarded.

And honestly the land the houses are on are worth more than the houses.

Any idea about the Nashville area?

You have to deal with renters and constant upkeep on the property. Renting is really not worth it.
You have to physical visit the property and pay someone to do upkeep on it if you don’t have the skill set
It’s only worth it to buy real estate for resale value, but that also requires that you either hire a handyman or do it yourself
>stock
You literally can just leave your money there and make 8-13% returns or more.
Stocks are a far better investment unless you have skills like electric wiring and plumbing and a lot of free time

I am broke

The rental property will provide better cash flow but the liquidity and access to principal is shit, it’s a lot of work, and the cash flow may be less stable depending on tenants maintenance costs etc... in my experience most people grossly overestimate their net numbers for real estate because they exclude a lot of maintenance and repair costs. Also, for a portfolio a sustainable long term withdrawal rate that you can adjust for inflation is normally 3-5% depending on when you retire.

Property. Appreciation + inflation means value and rent will only only go up. Plus you could always live in it if shit hit the fan. $100k will only go down in value and eventually be spend.

> t. Realtor