Daily reminder we are absolutely fucked

The methane clathrate "gun" in the arctic is a deposit of 800 gigatons of methane clathrate

At any moment the arctic could burp out 800 gigatons of fucking methane and kill us all

Its constantly being discussed by the scientific elite yet its hush hush and never talked about in contemporary public

Attached: bigotittos.jpg (590x786, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bølling-Allerød_warming
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction
youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c
paulbeckwith.net/2017/06/29/bubble-bubble-gigatons-methane-trouble/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Daily reminder calthrate gun is just a neato burrito buzzword pop culture reference from some shitty journos and vidja/anime

Fake and gay.

Attached: 3498146_0.jpg (1200x630, 98K)

Yeah yeah, the ice caps this the water level that. Global cooling global warming, tsunamis and droughts, hurricanes and sandstorms...
Did you know Al Gore is made of hot air?

This has nothing to do with al gore

The methane clathrate is real and its there

800 gigatons of extinction level methane

think the destructive power of Yellowstone and times it by a factor of a 1000

The clathrate gun has caused an extinction level event before and its theorized the Precambrian extinction was caused by the clathrate gun

>The world will end by a gigantic fart
At least braapfags can die in ecstasy.

Attached: darkness_aqua_megu_thongs.png (600x800, 353K)

>A study of the effects for the original hypothesis concluded it would increase atmospheric temperatures by more than 6 °C within 80 years
wow it's fucking nothing

Braptized and redpilled

My mason uncle told me about it. Said its a cycle. It will get released in the athmosphere while ice melts always causing the biblical flood

the original hypothesis is a slow leak.

The modern consensus is that there would be a massive eruption of methane

even a mass release of 40 gigatons is extinction level

fake news created by China to undermine american economy

Because like super volcanos and random meteor strikes, there is literally no point in worrying about it.

My penis is so hard right now. Please, continue.

Why is it so surprising to people that these things happens.

When a 65 IQ ancient retard sees the world flood and can barely write they call it sky daddy flood. When they see lightning it's fucking Odin. When they see a tsunami it's Poseidon. Sodom and Gammora were fucked by a big earthquake while sitting almost directly on a fault line. Atlantis was a well established nation near sea level that got wiped out by a major tsunami or hurricane.

Do you get it yet? Every single one of our myths are based on real events we couldn't explain at the time. This is no different and we better fucking figure out why we've been wiped out by fire in the past, but likely that's a genetic traumatic memory of asteroid collisions in the past.

Won't be our problem.

Geez, that picture is useless...

Methane is a fuel now, I’m not too worried. Sounds like we found a big stash of energy.

We’ll harvest it after DOTR for our space exploration.

How is this a bad thing?

Attached: 1538829480120.jpg (446x347, 28K)

>methane
>dangerous
Lol I can see someone didn’t take his chemistry class, methane is less dense than air so it would flow into space

And not one link was provided by OP
FUCKING GAYYYY

It wouldn't be worth reading anyway. While it's technically a thing that maybe could happen in the right conditions, any article you read about it is going to be 90% hand wringing about needing to tax your carbon immediately or al gore's mansion will be underwater in six months.

Fuck yes. Kill us all

Perhaps we should ignite all that methane. Better off decomposing it than allowing to to trap sun light.

How is a 6 degree increase in a lifetime “nothing”?

The world will change radically with a 2 degree bump.

Are you clinicaly retarded?

This. There is absolutely no evidence any such thing is possible. It's a totally unverifiable/unfalsifiable speculation.
>muh petm, muh mass extinctions
All speculation with zero verification, or any way to verify it.

High concentrations of methane, carbon monoxide,
and fluorine were the typical by-products of Borg
assimilation of a civilization on a planet's surface.

the Borg will rise from the farts.

Attached: time to get fisted.jpg (825x464, 56K)

Attached: jnbjn.png (320x270, 83K)

Anything that is going to kill jews and niggers isn't bad. If such a thing exists and it would kill all humans, I wouldn't mind. As long as it wipes out jews and niggers, I'll be content.

I unironically hope this is real and it happens. The west might fall, but we'll take everyone else out with us.

Just have Superman suck it all up and then blow it out in some far away galaxy.

Because most areas already have a larger than 6 degree variance throughout the year right now and are just fine. It gets down to below 0F here in the winter, yet last week it was over 90F. The same trees that survived the cold are still alive right now. If those numbers changed to 10F and 100F the plants would still be fine. Obviously this won't be the case with all plants and all areas, but enough places and plants will be fine that we'll still be able to farm and humanity will survive, which is a shame, because I wish it wouldn't.

>The world will change radically with a 2 degree bump.
That's what they are saying for years and nothing has or will happen.

Just light a match.

No. Methane degrades in an oxygen atmosphere via ultraviolet radiation into co2 and water. It basically combusts but the process more closely resembles rusting.

The mechanism is actually quite well known.
Here's what happened in the past:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bølling-Allerød_warming

its just going to smell like farts for a few years and then it will go away

>this comes on top of
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction

Bout time this planet got wiped clean.

I have no idea what you're talking about but those tits are fucking great

More boobies.

Attached: DE0AD5AC-2BD6-4955-AEB0-0624F7DB482F.png (960x1280, 1.91M)

>At any moment the arctic could burp out 800 gigatons of fucking methane and kill us all
imagine the smell

And what do you say we do about it, is there something we can do? No seriously, if an extinction event is going to wipe us all out, why should we be worried?

>if an extinction event is going to wipe us all out, why should we be worried?
This, really.
If anything we need to know when to start the "fuck all the rest of you" party; I've got lolis to snatch.

The earth warms up substantially every time it comes out of an ice age. It gets warmer than it is right now. So why hasn't this "methane clathrate gun" killed everything the other hundred thousand times the earth's gone through these warming/cooling cycles?

You honestly sound like an hysterical chicken little

Well if we're all gonna die then you REALLY need to give up the sauce in a hurry!
Fucking NOW!!!

Attached: 1544274997197.jpg (426x341, 38K)

Because last 900,00 times there wasn't a middle class to abuse and force to pay a carbon tax.

And pedos to kill.

Attached: 1555105427955.jpg (225x360, 55K)

aliens will clean it up

this

Good let me know where the pedos are, us based hebes will help out with the killing.

Lets hope it goes off just after white genocide.

Give the niggers something real to complain about.

its almost like earth has a natural defense mechanism. neat.

youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

Id show her my clathrate gun if you know what I mean. And by that i mean nice tits.

Nice.

Gottem bud

There's no reason it would kill anyone stop sperging retard. Global warming is a psyop.

Could it be burned?

where is this cache of gas? in the ice or trapped under it?

base Earth removing humanniggers once and for all

just burn it!!!!

>genetic traumatic memory

oy vey

Sniff

KEK

Well I wish the methane would hurry up and wipe us out. Our country is an absolute cesspool

Yellowstone caldera could erupt and kill more than half of the earth's population.
A fucking space rock could fly over and kill us all.
Permafrost methane release could kill us all.
1 maliciously programmed self-replicating nanobot could kill us all.
Particle physics experimentation could kill us all.
An unfortunately mutated influenza or engineered influenza could kill off the vast majority of the population.
An unfortunately mutated or engineered fungus could kill off the vast majority of the population.
An unfortunate CME vector could destroy nearly all electronics and satellites on the planet, killing off billions.

I could go on, there are dozens of real potential calamities all around us every day. Permafrost methane release is not something that is an immense threat relative to the other potential calamity scenarios. It could spike earth's temperatures, but only for a short time. Yes, many coastal areas would be under threat, as would food production (but not all). Methane is unstable and oxidizes quickly. An 800gigaton release would be nearly all dissipated/oxidized in 10-20 years.

Attached: 21993213.jpg (500x359, 58K)

In my mind.

Jow Forumstards still keep thinking like this. Humanity is so retarded it finds almost infinite energy buried somewhere, just ignores its existence, dies for Israel and complains about it while doing nothing

We've been arguing we should harness more energy resources for decades. The backwards left refuses to accept anything but wind and solar, and even those are a stretch if it's in their backyard.

It will probably melt gradually and not kill us all.

we live in a video game. the player won in 1990. He's been getting bored with it so he's doing crazy shit to entertain himself. The fart will be his final act. The meteor to his sim city.

yes user, that is why God has scheduled an Ice Age, to keep the methane frozen.

i'm from ishtar terra, venus and i say melt it all

Boobs

The whole political and economical system gives voice to deluded retards, so even this has an "inverted world" feeling. Methane has a clean combustion too.
Also if you believe in the current "ebil carbons in the air" MSM narrative, don't know how plants grow and that water vapor plus nitrogen are the biggest greenhouse gasses, you suck.

Don't have kids user. You are reaching levels of retarded i never thought possible. Fucking. Deadset. Retarded.

You mean the reset button exists?

Damn. Her tits are so big, they warp space around them.

>800 gigatons of methane clathrate
>This is the way the world ends,
>not with a bang,
>but a gigantic fart.
Assblast us away, Mother Earth

Attached: hot.png (517x214, 261K)

The boy who cried climate change.

Attached: 1562390935718.gif (550x310, 1.79M)

It's real, fucking memeflag.

paulbeckwith.net/2017/06/29/bubble-bubble-gigatons-methane-trouble/

Climate change is real but rednecks and normies will never understand it is the result of pollution, deforestation, geoengineering, solar activity... instead of the evil CO2.

If this methane stops "the progressive movement", I like it.

Attached: 1532494665741.gif (523x523, 3.34M)

are you fucking stupid. 6 degrees will certainly cause some serious problems for all living things.

Fake news. Stop listening to the (((globe))) theory.

Attached: 1479081633683.jpg (480x480, 21K)

The meteorite was a fail so you made this now? Do you even realize how much 800 gigatons is? Lmao, learn some math.

ma you rong?

it's actually 800 trigatons

You realize there is quite literally nothing anybody can do about this, right?
There's no point in worrying about it. If it happens, we're fucked and there's nothing to be done. Same with an asteroid impact or any other crazy shit on this level.

No last estimates put it around 3400 niggatons

>Occurs in nature
>"This does not occur in nature"
Apparently doesn't understand why the oceans don't just fucking float away and are instead pressed onto the surface of the earth, with the gasses pressed onto the surface of the earth and oceans
HMMM

If this is real, could a person bomb this site and cause the methane gas to release?

bruh those milkers

its not. this is just a slide thread.

>kill us all
No more human suffering ever again
Sounds like a good deal to me

Rememba da 800 gigatons, ya antisemetic racist.

Attached: 1548218583011.png (377x392, 55K)

Just a sniff

Attached: 1561742004078.gif (600x338, 2.16M)

based brapfag

Attached: 1562317174701.webm (480x854, 708K)

proudly and with abandon
i could not be shamed

hows this?

Attached: 1549361702504m.jpg (768x1024, 71K)

no thats just your mom farting

Attached: 1562396816344.jpg (225x224, 8K)