US Economy

Discuss.

Attached: Probability of recession.png (731x529, 356K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GTQnarzmTOc&t=
youtu.be/p5Ac7ap_MAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1562522930132.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

Well the economy has been pretty good since 2014 or so. Politics aside, there's no reason the growth has to end if our policymakers would just get to work.

There will never be another economic collapse.
december was the closest but miraculously recovered like it never happened, it will just repeat

Attached: drop.png (627x908, 90K)

Obviously you don’t know how the central bank works.

There should be no politics. Government should be so powerless that it shouldn't even be interesting to normal people.

Honestly I don't, this was just from my general observation

>There will never be another economic collapse.
>december was the closest but miraculously recovered like it never happened, it will just repeat
Read: All the Devils are Here. It'll open your eyes.

There will be an economic collapse eventually. It is the way the market works.

Most traders are motivated by politics and emotion. The losses were meaningless.

Attached: 1536899717344.jpg (796x419, 43K)

Hopefully collapses soon. This would benefit the planet if this happened. Anyone who disagrees is a nigger.

Attached: 1556685873276.jpg (640x548, 46K)

>I will never die
>I will never get sick
>It will never get dark again

Its all so tiresome

I honestly dont have the energy for another huge recession.

boomer detected

I HOPE THIS IS THE BIGGEST CRASH KNOWN TO MAN see you in the soup line niggers

look at the years on that. 91. gulf war 1, 2001, gulf war 2. Iran is on the chopping block right now. Hmmm

Iraq war was 2003

That is called a “first sell off” and is a normal warning sign.

More like dotcom bubble and subprime crisis.

Markets are all about confidence related to liquidity that in turn affects sentiment, or Keynes' "animal spirits".

Since most normies actively want things to be stable and just progress upwards, that's what the majority of the time the stock market is: just a long chart upwards.

BUT

Once every 10-15 years a crisis comes along and it'll wipe off 5 years worth of gains temporarily, and they usually happen at the end of interest rate cycles where interest rates tick higher, removing liquidity from the system.

But if the central bank acts quick enough, if can postpone such a crisis by cutting interest rates very quickly. That's what happened in 1998-2000.

Stocks right now are extremely over valued. They are more expensive than they were in 1929. But they aren't more expensive than they were in the year 2000, so given the right conditions stocks could progress upwards in a manic fashion for another 20%-30%.

See the Case Shiller S&P 500 metric attached.

Attached: Untitled.png (1668x722, 94K)

I should mention though as much as I understand that stocks could make another 20% to 30% gain, I'm short the NASDAQ 100 with leverage and I'm not exiting my position until I either go bankrupt or become rich.

Attached: sp80to2018.png (1328x699, 55K)

lol I think you might get liquidated my dude - you parked your bus a little early

We're overdue for a crash. Hopefully it happens soon enough to destroy Trump's presidency.

Such is life.

You have 6 months to get into crypto before the bitcoin revolution finally, actually, for-realsies happens this time.

Attached: i-am-the-bot.jpg (800x800, 87K)

The market is strong due to Trump and
+ corruption

The capital economics of Liberalism has become entangled with the 'republican' (trump) side. This happened back in the days of Monetarists (Friedman et al) where they rejected dominate fiscal policy for monetary policy. That is to say they reject the State control/influence.

The democratic side has moved toward more socialized programs and the threat of higher taxes on wealth. Whatever the morality of these is, they encourage capital flight and a lose of faith in the market.

youtube.com/watch?v=GTQnarzmTOc&t=

we permabulls now boys, next collapse is over a decade from now.

"stock market has reached a permanently high plateau" -Irving Fisher, 1929

I can not imagine a more arrogant and stupid statement then saying "There will never be another economic collapse."

Prepare to get absolutely furious when you find out how they function. There's a great documentary about economics in post-ww2 Japan that gives a surprisingly sober and approachable view on how they function and what their relations are to states/govs. Warning: dry, especially in the beginning but it's a small price to pay for getting a non-tinfoil, non-pozzed explanation.
youtu.be/p5Ac7ap_MAY
If it helps to motivate anyone to watch this: did you know that the real estate bubble in Japan in the 90s was so egregious that a garden at the emperor's palace was valued higher than the entirety of California? I can't imagine what that bubble-pop was like and what sort of psychological effects it had on their society.

I literally have zero idea why I should care

Attached: F16AFAC6-CC19-4B15-B24A-E22D636DAA0E.gif (517x328, 1.69M)

This indicator doesn’t have enough history behind it to take it seriously from an investment/life decision standpoint, imo

Attached: 2197C0F0-8CE9-4A3F-A883-CBA76810E863.png (893x587, 669K)

Invest in countries that don't have niggers

WE WUZ STOCKS N SHEEEIT

Proportional to the decline in corporate tax rates

Attached: Nat debt.jpg (569x398, 53K)

>there will never be another economic collapse
yeah because the next one will be the collapse of civilization.

this larp is old and stale, your fake shekels are useless

We'll probably see a repeat of December 2018 if anything, but probably not until after elections. Trump and Powell are manipulating the economy because he relies on it being strong in order to get re-elected.