What does it mean to be a good person?

Explain morality, Jow Forums. Does objective morality exist? Even if you can decide what it means to be a good person, why should anyone try to be a good person?

Why do you find the migrant crisis, people spitting in food in the supermarkets, promiscuity as immoral when you cannot even be sure morality exists? Lots of you complain that free market capitalism and liberalism which started due to The Enlightenment leads to degeneracy and immorality?

Why do you even care about the "white race" and it's decline. Firstly, you cannot definitely define "white" and secondly, why does it matter if they're declining? Explain yourself.

Attached: JTC_0-9n_400x400.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U6C-JgkpY18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>why is the European genocide immoral?
Post nose jew

What does it mean to be immoral when you are not even certain if morality exists?

Anyone there?

Attached: 1558248059648.png (576x467, 344K)

Have you ever talked to a jew?

Maybe unknowingly. Idk why?

Because you can't understand them unless you've lived among them.

Have you ever seen something and then said "that's not right". That's morality. Just a nature/nurture way of filtering out what you think is ok and no ok.

Literally what makes us human our ability to judge, reflect and make a concious decision.

Attached: 1553994716767.png (290x347, 216K)

Post nose or gtfo

Nice strawman, cuck
That's incredibly subjective though. For instance, that german woman who tried importing african migrants to Italy thought it wasn't right for them to be living in squalor.

What you're proposing is just empathy and feelings. This inevitably devolves into the trigger warning esjaydoubleyous

I don't know what's right, but I know what's wrong.

How?

Things that cause suffering. Like your thread for example.

Don't do anything beyond what you absolutely need to. Just pay attention and catalogue your life experience efficiently. You are an important tool.

Objective morality does not exist, because you are full of leaf genes and asked the wrong fucking question. It does not come from God, or Church, or government. It doesn't exist because the universe was never made with that concept in mind.
If God somehow succeeded in making Man the way it was meant to, morality would never be a question, because everything is God and everything would understand exactly what God understands and vice versa.
Since that didn't fucking happen, Mankind was left without any connection with God, and now they have to scramble together something cohesive to keep a bunch of incompetent fellows from plowing into extinction, as they are now less knowledgeable than even atoms.
tl;dr morality is all messed up because different groups needed to keep a lot of idiots in line and somehow stave off extinction due to their ancestors doing a really bad thing and ruined everything.

Somalis living in squalor can be consituted as suffering and by not helping them you're contributing to suffering. Why don't you let them in, then?

What you're proposing is essentially empathy. Basing everything on empathy eventually leads to the trigger warning esjaydoubleyous as I mentioned earlier

So then why should we continue to exist? Why choose to live?

>Why do you even care about the "white race" and it's decline
Because I'm White and I'm abused and exploited by other groups for having been born White
>Firstly, you cannot definitely define "white"
Western and Northern Europeans and their cousins the Slavs who present a very obvious and easily identifiable pale Northern phenotype not found anywhere else on the planet and their diaspora plus individuals with low percentages of dna admixture from other races
>and secondly, why does it matter if they're declining?
I exist and I want people of my type to continue existing because of their distinctiveness when compared to other kinds of people. Only an adversary of either pure evil or pure stupidity would want to stop them from existing all for a social engineering experiment/revenge.
>Explain yourself.
Explain yourself.

Attached: Tippi Elephant Hug.jpg (728x785, 96K)

Read Kant

>What does it mean to be a good person?
STOP SHILLING!!!

Suffering for me and my culture, you nigger

>I want people of my type to continue existing?

But why though? Isn't it just vanity? What makes "your people" so special that you want them to continue existing?

So then it's just based off of personal gain and avoiding personal suffering then?

Also, define "my culture".

Volk - ever heard of the term?

Why does "Volk" matter? Isn't it just vanity to claim them was "your people" anyways? What do you even have common with one of your volk besides being the same race and staying in the same area?

>What makes "your people" so special that you want them to continue existing?
Ask every race to justify their right to exist and they'll no doubt all agree that you are a terrible problem that needs to be solved in brutal fashion. We're tied to this planet. We were molded by nature's abuse and exist as we do. What sort of artificial modern absurdity would question all this time spent struggling against physical reality to arrive where we are now? Simply accepting the callow oppression of other tribes who find amusement watching others falter? You strike me as an overeducated imbecile fooled by a worthless new ideology that will vanish just as so many others did.

youtube.com/watch?v=U6C-JgkpY18

Attached: now ewe done it.jpg (4000x2431, 3.13M)

It's deeply rooted into nature. By giving that up you give up a part of your humanity.

How can you know that? How do you know what your nature is? Some argue that the natural order is God's law yet no one can prove the existence of a creator let alone the fact that our creator would care about us

Absurdism?

You're overthinking it. I don't need to be a believer to know that my culture is worth preserving.

But how? Where do you derive your morality or personal ethics?

Life experience, not being a 17 year old teenager, science, feeling and intuition, and by looking at beautiful things.

If it's observable it's natural. If it's observable over large time frames it's persistent. If it's natural and persistent it's neutral.
What you need to do is explain why a natural and persistent thing that therefore exists in a neutral state dictated by reality should be dismantled by deliberate means. Arbitrarily for the sake of nihilism? For experimentation? For airy fairy notions of utopia?

Evil is only a relative good. Any evil action is done because it is good relative to one person, for some end. A truly good action is good absolutely

Killing is natural and persistent

Why is it frowned upon for humans to kill other humans?

>feeling
How can you trust feelings to make moral judgments?

Being upset at killing is also natural and persistent. There will be no gotcha's or mutual exclusions.

You're thinking of Albert Camus I believe.

Attached: Albert-Camus.jpg (968x681, 46K)

Was Grug mad that Chadgar killed Virgingar during the paleolithic era?

Grug would surely be mad if he himself was being killed but I don't think he'd be mad if someone else was killing another man. You can even look at Jow Forums. Most our outraged when whites are killed but don't care as much if a black guy is killed and make memes about it.

(not trying to be a bleeding heart shitlib but just giving an example)

Morality exists because we have a rational brain and can put two and two together on what is for the greater good.

As far as good people--
A good person doesn't support bad people doing bad things.

Therefore those "kind hearted people" who allow others to perform immoral acts on the basis that "everyone has the right to do whatever they want" are not good.

And those evil law abiding "fascists" who support fair and benevolent betterment of their nation and of mankind in general and orderly fashion without supplicating to every base desire are not "evil fascist nazis conservatives."

How can you be kind to a rapist and be a good person? How can you give a thief all of your neigbhor's possessions and be a good person?

Are you suggesting that tribalism isn't a default aspect of social species?

If ya don't know by now fool, to hell with ya! Hahahah! Then you'll appreciate happiness and heaven. Or, are you a lil child user OP?

R*d is that you?

Yes, for immediate families. There's nothing that connects something like the white race together.

You can argue that it's because we all originated from Europe but then you can extend that logic back to Africa and back to when we were fish or created by God from a piece of clay

You're arguing with brainlets OP.

Objective morality cannot exist in the absence of a Creator. If you believe on exists the morality is dictated by the laws of that religion, since that law comes from the Creator. He designed Creation in a certain way, and so the moral thing is that which follows his design, just like how a computer does the right thing when its performance follows the code and doesn't glitch.

If we assume the absence of a Creator, the morality is subjective. And in that case morality can technically be anything you want it to be, but one of the most sensible codes to follow is "that which helps Me and Mine". Creatures are evolved to reproduce, and those actions that enhance reproductive success are thus the 'moral' ones. So tribalism, working together with other men to control women and ensure that your children belong to you, patriotism, empathy for those in other kin group, ect all are part of reciprocal relations that enhance our reproductive success.

So you've disproven....the angry white guy in the sky?

Attached: ded_pep.jpg (600x630, 22K)

Whites gaining a group identity is occurring and is observable and is therefore natural. I assume you take issue with whether or not it will be persistent and become the neutral state of things. Or are you somehow invested in the hope that whites not gain a collective identity? Are you in competition with whites in some way?

No. He's just a retard that doesn't understand the answers to the Problem of Evil.

"abloobloo if gawd so perfect why does bad things happen CHECKMATE CHRISTCUKCS" is the assertion of a fool that has no basic understanding of theology. If God exists He created things for His own sake. If He says that metaphysical Good is maximized when humans have free will and chose to be Good, even though many choose to be Evil, then that is so and no barely aware NPC screaming at the sky can change that.

It's all part of the program.

Oh STFU…..abused and exploited? When's the last time you or your ancestors were whipped because the cotton count fell below optimal thresholds? When last was your family splintered into shards by the selling of your relatives at a slave auction? You're just pissed because you work at Denny's and have no avenues in life that excite you. Tough noogies motherfucker...maybe you should went to the college.

Attached: nige.jpg (620x310, 36K)

The only justification for morality is the existence of God. Divine law
The Catholic Church has from its very beginnings defended whites from Jews, Muslims, and barbarians.
It is the way to restore the white man once more.

Multiple citations needed.

Humans - ever heard of the term? Ever met one Gunther?

Attached: tsoukalos.jpg (484x484, 23K)

its actually a black guy

Attached: blackjesus.png (615x530, 539K)

Prove it.

Attached: posture.jpg (410x410, 26K)

>why should anyone try to be a good person?
struggling to be good should be an end in itself. This is what differentiates great men, who thrive for perfection, from lesser men, who are bound by their desires and passions.
Kinda hard to explain, you should read 'meditations' by the emperor Marcus Aurelius or something

Oh, is it now? Part of the program, is it? You're conflating the argument I ridiculed to one I didn't even advance. Your imagined universal cosmic tugboat has no resemblance to you, and you cannot even pretend to know or not to know whether this vessel even existed, exists. or will exist. You're betting on a busted flush. Ya got nothing. You use this nonentity as a canvas onto which to project your own self, as though you are in any way fucking special. You aren't.

Attached: jeebus.jpg (194x260, 10K)

What does it mean to be a good person? I asked this question so many times and people never answer directly. They either respond with another question or just respond with some vague mystic answer

The burden of proof is on you. You are the ones claiming it has no value.

morality is a subjective concept. by its nature, it can't be "objective" because it requires judgment.

however, you can make logical judgements. you still have to make at least one subjective assumption to get there (ie chose to believe 'others' exist), but you can rationally reach conclusions about morality.

"objective morality" is an oxymoron. there is no judgment you can "objectively" make because you MUST account for the limitations of your own perception and ability to 'know'.

people throw around the word 'objective' to be synonymous with rational/etc, but that's not exactly the case. you can very rationally conclude that murder is objectively immoral, but there are so many 'what ifs' that can negative the immorality of the action that it's not "objective".

people often overlook their assumptions. the devil's in the details.

No, they aren't warranted swine-person. Do your own research.

Attached: gumpig4.jpg (600x554, 50K)

The Golden Rule of doing unto others as you would want them to do unto you. Do you want to be killed, tortured, harassed, lied to, stolen from...no? Then those are wrong/bad/immoral things to do.

Don't cherrypick, please.
The things I mentioned influence each other heavily.

That's based on empathy and I've already mentioned why basing your basis of morality simply on empathy

End your own life faggot.

"If God somehow succeeded in making Man the way it was meant to, morality would never be a question, because everything is God and everything would understand exactly what God understands and vice versa."

Is exactly what you advanced, and exactly what I just disproved. You have no leg to stand on to assert that if God made man as intended that we'd understand exactly what it wants. Did it ever occur to you that maybe it doesn't want us to understand everything you fucking troglodyte? Did it ever occur to you that God might prefer imperfect creatures that are unaware, or partially aware?

For all you fucking know, God could have designed humans to not know anything until we gave ourselves a six hour alcoholic enema with Korean shit wine, after which we would be mysteriously enlightened and understand the objective rules of morality that we are supposed to follow.

Ok.
>science
How can you determine which studies are a sham and which aren't? How does science even influence you?

You're ultimately just basing your actions off what a guy in a lab coat is telling you to do

So you'd like me to marshal an argument that there is damned little which suggests German culture should be "preserved"? OK. This is doable in the extreme.

Attached: goering.jpg (381x570, 31K)

Canada....well-known as a primary source of cognitive virtue.....ahem...

Attached: hitlie.gif (250x195, 801K)

Letting people live in their own established and openly known frameworks for "good" without demanding they justify their existence to you would make you a good person. Unfortunately you'd rather be a faggot engaging in babby's 1st debate with a worthless thread about the metaphysics of good and evil that literally everyone but you is already satisfied with. Next you'll be telling us not to eat meat.

Attached: google.com.png (145x164, 5K)

Eat meat. Eat hog ballZ. I hear they rock like Van Halen.

Attached: joni derp.jpg (268x188, 9K)

dude there's no objective answer for your question. A 'good person' according to the christian set of morality is one thing, but for tibetan monks it may be something different. The bible cites the 'fruits of the spirit' defines the quality of a good person, the sermon on the mountain do too. It's an assortment of desirable qualities like humbleness, honesty and temperance. Positive traits that go beyond "not doing anything wrong" - a negative attitude -, but instead actively doing something good without the desire of anything in return.

Who whipped you?

Dude its 5am here and I can't be assed to type a proper response to this, but I'm sure you'll understand eventually. Hint, take a look at what differentiates Jow Forums posters from others. And that last bit about science was embarassing.

Not in competition. I was into white indentity until very recently. It just seems like folly and ultimately just vanity.

Also I wouldn't argue it's persistent when most tend to gravitate towards individualism unless there's some external force which causes people to group together. Ex: Leftists or white identity movements

OOf. Now that's a shitpost.

L'armistice,

Attached: armistice.jpg (1006x1023, 479K)

Nobody, dewd. I just don't hate on dispossessed peasants that the US guaranteed through its asinine foreign relations. Anything else you'd like to know, junior?

Attached: ed hole.jpg (736x1024, 226K)

Nice strawman

define "good" for me

Yet, things that are different are not equal to one another. Pythagorean theorem

Attached: greek.jpg (736x487, 36K)

>This coming from the guy who asked why whites should even exist
Nice pilpul rabbi.
Is jewish tribalism just folly and ultimately just vanity?

Actually a Dutch-English Euroamerican whiteass who tires of whitebagger hillbilly dumbasses mucking shit up for me.

vanity

One word answers don't count sport. They just read as evasive.

It's vanity for the same reason I described why white identity is vanity

>Does objective morality exist?
If objective morality does not exist, then Hitler literally did nothing wrong even if every single claim about the holocaust is true!

It also would mean there really isn't any ground to get mad about things like murder, or theft unless you were directly effected by it.

>Even if you can decide what it means to be a good person, why should anyone try to be a good person?
Because that's the definition of good

>Why do you find the migrant crisis, people spitting in food in the supermarkets, promiscuity as immoral when you cannot even be sure morality exists?
1) because we already made it clear above that there is an objective morality.
2) These behaviors are damaging to society and ourselves.

>Lots of you complain that free market capitalism and liberalism which started due to The Enlightenment leads to degeneracy and immorality?
and?

>Why do you even care about the "white race" and it's decline. Firstly, you cannot definitely define "white" and secondly, why does it matter if they're declining? Explain yourself.
1) People of European ancestory without all the spic, nigger, chink, and poo admixture are white. This is fairly agreed upon, all you have to do is look at all the people the left targets as being "bad white folk" to see this is a pretty settled definition.
2) Because successful civilizations are white. You don't see mass migrations of people to Africa, South America, India, or Asia. Why? because non-white countries are shitholes. If it is only a minor shithole, you can be certain that is because a white country is heavily involved in their economy in some form to prop them up. (also related to )

Attached: 1556079513663.jpg (634x634, 157K)

But is natural and persistent to them correct? Meaning an existential threat that must be defended against? Perhaps a group under attack by a group made powerful through tribalism would, I don't know, use tribalism to organize a defense?

I'm pretty sure the original civilizations were way non-white. Check the Archaeological record. I'm also pretty sure that these "whites" you praise have pretty much fucked up the whole planet, you chud, just over the past 2000 years or so. How many Chinese or Hindi have started world wars that kill tens of millions? Oh....not one? Consider yourself dismissed. Hog-people should be euthanized.

Attached: nihilist1.jpg (480x482, 29K)

It's natural to want to defend yourself but there's no greater purpose to it? What makes you act to defend the white race besides a primal fear of dying out?

Morality by definition cannot be objective because it is based on philosophy. For paradigms like morality the observer chooses certain values that they decide to hold, and organizes those values based on importance.

Some examples of values might be:
>I will not let someone die if I can prevent it
>All human life is sacred
>A person should not inflict suffering on another person
>Love is more important than wealth
>Wealth is more important than love

And the thing is, psychologists and anthropologists believe that this variety in moral opinions is important for our survival. By having different people pursuing different ends through different means, we are able to persevere through a variety of challenges.

I do think that certain moral standards, like the personalities required by oil company CEOs, are disgusting. But without their pursuit of wealth at the expense of the health of the planet, we would have never accomplished the technical feats that we have. Now we need to tree-huggers to step in and slow them down. So balancing everything is important for us as a society.

Attached: 624B9BC8-14CB-4DEF-9E57-B4D582DF3596.jpg (504x709, 53K)

>Bad things only ever happened to not white people guise!

There's nothing special about you. Fucking deal with it. Caucasian culture relates mainly to the horse. The horse. That's it. That's literally the difference between Sumerian irrigation farmers and the steppe-riders from the North. Exposure to the horse; Sumerians had asses, steppe-dwelling Caucasians had horses. That's it. That's the fucking difference.

>everything that came after the domestication of equines is invaluable
>I am very smart

WWI WWII and the French Revolution were plenty bad to millions of white people, swine-person. You hog-people cannot reason.

Attached: butcheringhead.jpg (500x375, 102K)

You're just a pig-person. I understand. Verstehen

Attached: ruler.jpg (350x350, 15K)

So you just proved the point you were trying to refute with this post?

Any actual arguments?

Dig deep man. An interlocutor you are not. Non sequitur much?

Something bugging you whitey? Any point you'd care to attempt to make?

>Because I'm White and I'm abused and exploited by other groups for having been born White

give it up man, people might be mean on social media, but you are still at the top and EVERYONE knows it