Is margarine the solution to world hunger?

Is margarine the solution to world hunger?

Attached: 1538093680341.png (710x508, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tylervigen.com/
tylervigen.com/discover
medium.com/causal-data-science/if-correlation-doesnt-imply-causation-then-what-does-c74f20d26438
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What site is that?

tylervigen.com/

He hasn't updated it since like 2013 though. Was probably a school project that he stopped doing when he graduated.

how does it happen that people starve to death in the USA besides a SEVERE mental illness? Or is it only cases like that?

Obviously too much margarine. Didn't you look at the fucking image?

>data set is 9 years
Extremely weak data, user. You are also interpreting it wrong. It would imply margarine causes starvation.

>You're interpreting it wrong because I assumed how you've interpreted it.
Well.. this is awkward.

can you read a fucking graph?

Can you? It obviously shows that too much margarine is killing people. If we reduce margarine use world-wide, we could have great success.

>only pretending to be retarded

>Solving world hunger = more niggers.
It's fine as it is, let niggers starve to death.

Niggers do love their margarine. The problem is that they won't stop breeding.

It doesn't seem to correlate very much. It's just two downward slope, diverging in opposite directions at many points.

How do you even starve to death in this shithole. This nigger infested spic ass waste land of a dying dump?
Even the poor are fat worthless mexican worms.

Look at Bill Nye over here. Next he's going to tell us margarine doesn't cause divorce.

Attached: 1538804968736.png (716x501, 46K)

Was this thread supposed to be some sly way of showing "Jow Forumstards think all correlation means causation"? Correlation DOES mean causation when presented with a LARGE data set pointing to a certain explanation.
A data set of 9 years is not comparable to any other data passed around on this website.
Having said this, I still expect you to make some blogpost about how the "4channers don't understand correlation".
Goodbye, R*dditfag.

Not really. It was more of a
>I'm fucking tired of all the epstein shit, lets relax for a minute

Redpill me on the psychotropic effects of margarine.
Margarine causes unfaithfulness?

reminded me of this

Attached: 1509039569_fed_height.png (888x508, 205K)

>>I'm fucking tired of all the epstein shit, lets relax for a minute
That's an important matter, and this is a board about politics, to which that directly pertains to.
Leave if you don't like it.

I can do margarine consumption vs [pick a state]'s divorce rate. Or you can: tylervigen.com/discover

>Solving world hunger isn't politics!
k

margarine is fucking toxic, why do you still eat that shit? It's some hydrogenated fat that causes harm. You are basically eating petrol.

Attached: 6343453.png (600x737, 486K)

We've been reducing our consumption! And look, because of that, the number of people starving has gone down!

Here's your (you).

Since you don't like my topic of discussion so much, why don't you fucking leave? Is living by the double standard that important to your identity or something?

>it's another Jow Forums sees correlation and assumes causation episode
but seriously, this board is incredibly low IQ these days. I guess all the actually intelligent folks left to hotchan, /lit/ or /sci/

this

Margarine is delicious and superior to Jewish big dairy (((butter)))

interdasting

Attached: p-value_for_margarine_hunger_data.png (379x376, 36K)

but starvation deaths go down when people eat LESS margarine...

Didn't you listen to Bill Nye here
and Science Nigger here (what's his name again?)
?

Exactly! The world is using too much margarine! If we reduce the margarine use, we can solve world hunger in as little as ... 3 years.

Depends on how accurate these statistics are: What's the margarine of error?

Attached: 1556251354774.jpg (474x354, 30K)

trans fats cause heart attacks

see faggot retard

Why would you want to solve world hunger?
Africa is already shitting out children at an alarming rate and them being well fed is not going to slow them down.

Solving world hunger is one of the worst things that could ever happen to humanity - as funny as that sounds.

You should've taken a couple seconds to think about what was being said and how that relates to the information in the chart. I'll help you out..

>First tag, the person is assuming the interpretation is "margarine doesn't cause starvation".
>Second tag, I'm stating "too much margarine is causing starvation"

In reality, I'm saying in the second quote EXACTLY what I implied in the first quote. I don't expect you to realize that, though.

White children don't deserve that, though. I'd say we could wait for the niggers to stop breeding, but I think we both know that won't happen.

>Starve to death
>U.S.
>2000-2009
??? there is literally no way to starve to death in this country unless you are lost in the desert or chained up in a rape dungeon. Those people must have been mentally ill.

Too. Much. Margarine.

It will though. Do some research on this. Tl dr: in bad times people have more children. Ofcpurse thats not the only reason but its a big one.

It takes people a long time to get out of that extreme poverty mindset. So before their population starts the slow decline, they will have many years of artificially supported population boom. The aid is creating the problem not fixing it.
Do you know how long it takes to starve to death? You think these people were going about their daily lives turning into skeletons and they just didn't notice until they died? If someone that had contact with others in society ever got close to starving to death they'd be put into intensive care against their will until they were healthy again. Margarine isn't causing anyone to starve.

>Didn't look at the chart in the OP.
Next you're going to tell us that Nicholas Cage's acting is NOT causing people to drown. What kind of retard denies science?

Attached: 1540771882469.png (951x429, 43K)

Attached: 1508693337390m.jpg (619x1024, 84K)

really makes you think

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-232742_Chrome.jpg (1079x447, 114K)

Quick reminder for faggots: Correlation does not imply causation.

Do you have a license for your retardation?

Attached: 1559849572617.jpg (604x604, 78K)

Since apparently you seem to be a huge brainlet, I decided to quote it directly for you:
"In statistics, the phrase "correlation does not imply causation" refers to the inability to legitimately deduce a cause-and-effect relationship between two variables solely on the basis of an observed association or correlation between them."
In short, OP (You) is a faggot and the thread is completely useless.

I see nobody in this thread unironically arguing that correlation is causation, or arguing that these graphs show a meaningful truth. I only see posts complaining that people think that, without quoting anybody in this thread supposedly doing that.

Attached: 1540732364535.gif (252x263, 2.99M)

I could easily make a correlation between the amount of my farts and the global average temperature. The same applies there as well. Correlation does not imply causation. Basic science, first semester.

>no arguments, so reply with meme instead
As expected. Next.

Why would I read shit from a science denier?

youre getting trolled you absolute fucking brainlet

Then what does imply causation ?

>having that pic saved on your computer
mega cringe bro

With both 4ChanX and AppChanX you can use images hosted places other than your hard drive.

Try harder.

Double-blind controlled trial for example. The article here explains it really well: medium.com/causal-data-science/if-correlation-doesnt-imply-causation-then-what-does-c74f20d26438

>Ignore me harder, user.
Alright. Doesn't sound too fun, though.

Attached: 1560610704380.jpg (480x530, 17K)

>murders go up during the summertime
>ice cream sales also increase during the summer
>therefore, ice cream causes murder

Do you have the chart to prove it?

If you can make an actual scientific argument, then sure. But as of now, you don't seem capable of it, user. Especially calling basic scientific facts as "science denial" (such like that correlation does not imply causation) shows that you still have much to learn.

Kek.

Attached: 1560743484463.jpg (415x470, 39K)

I tried the whole "ignore him harder" thing, but I just can't do it. Sorry.

I suppose next you're going to tell us EU launching shit in into space is killing people. You're wrong user. The two lines hardly ever match at all. Learn to read a fucking chart.

Attached: 1540567630662.png (789x506, 82K)