Why does the post office even exist? It's slow, outdated, and managed poorly, and yet it still is operational...

Why does the post office even exist? It's slow, outdated, and managed poorly, and yet it still is operational. Why does nobody talk about this? Am I the only one who cares?

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apwu.org/mark-dimondstein
reason.com/2018/11/15/the-postal-service-lost-4-billion-2018/
atr.org/usps-loses-billions-9th-consecutive-year?amp
about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2018/pr18_093.htm
uspsoig.gov/blog/cost-counterfeits
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It exists to make this asshole richer

Attached: shutterstock_664775596.jpg (3586x3418, 799K)

USPS is fucking amazing. It is the greatest thing the Federal Government does and one of the most impressive thing about 'Murica. Go fuck yourself you goddamn commie faggot cocksucker if you have a problem with the USPS.

You've never used or relied on foreign mail services.

The USPS is a gold standard.

You also forgot that it hasn’t generated profit in a decade +. It’s a overall negative.
Prove me wrong, anyone.

We should use it again. Start sending memes through the mail.

Like said, it’s more or less being propped up by amazon prime alone. They even started Sunday delivery awhile ago just for amazon packages.

It is mandated by the constitution. Also, it is super reliable, and dirt cheap.

I also hate the post office OP
I was thinking about how much I hate it earlier today
I hate that they have their special little fucking names for how they ship things like their own secret bullshit code
and I fucking hate how the charge by the size of the box instead of the fucking goddamn fucking weight piece of shit fucking post office reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: pepe 19.jpg (560x524, 80K)

nah actually the post office is highly efficient and does turn a profit. the problem with it is that democrats mandated they fund employee retirements like 30 years in advance and also forced them to grant companies like amazon insane one sided loss deals for delivery services. if you cut the fully funded retirement bullshit and get rid of all horrible shipping deals (some of which are soon gone thanks to Trump ending the developing country shit deals that allowed china/india etc to ship stuff to our country cheap as fuck) they will soon turn around and be even better

this

USPS has done a commendable job of pulling their shit together recently but I think they'll be relieved of duty or absorbed when Bezos winds up having to deliver all of our mail for free just to keep his little monopoly.

Allowed, not mandated, brainlet faggot.

I'm suppose to get a claim check in the mail and I haven't gotten it. It's been 2 months. Every time I call it's just a automatic machine. Do humans work for the post office?

UPS carries about 10-15% of their volume.
t. I used to be a driver.

Our post office has been out of stamps for weeks.

apwu.org/mark-dimondstein
This asshole doesn't help.
Mark (((Dimondstein))) is President of the American Postal Workers Union. He began his first three-year term in November 2013 and was re-elected on October 5, 2016 for another term starting in November 2016.
>Since taking office, (((Dimondstein))) has transformed the APWU into a fighting, (((activist))) organization.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

You're a fucking moron, leave and never come back.

I use the post office daily, mailing out goods and merchandise to line my pockets with fucking money. It's a tool for Capitalism. Get on my level.

Plus, something like 90% of the people that work at the post office are black and uneducated. These are the few that are actually willing to work for a living instead of just waiting for their monthly allowance of my tax dollars. If you killed off USPS where would they all go? There's only so many jobs at the airport. You seriously want to create another million welfare leeches?

USPS delivers an estimated half of the total volume of mail on the planet Monday through Saturday.
Income exceeds operational costs,
Red on balance sheets because of Dubya era "reform" to prefund retirement by almost 70 years.
Also on that "reform" law, all veteran employees of USPS have their financial obligations shifted from the DOD to the USPS
That's just the tip of the iceberg.

I must be the only person who's never had problems with the post office lol

The postal service is way faster than UPS or FedEx for the price. Plus they can't open my packets of drugs unless they have a warrant unlike the aforementioned shippers

Well Amazon sure isn't going to replace it cuz they stink.

Fuck off Jew

>90% black
Come on m8
I worked for the post office in the south for a bit and it was mostly whites
I was trained by a Vietnamese immigrant

I signed up to paperless billing for all my service providers to reduce my mail to the bare minimum. I’m that crazy guy that will call up junk mail senders to get removed from the list. I haven’t bought a stamp in twenty years. The post office needs to die.

Have the majority of mailmen always been black or is this a new trend?

>Why does the post office even exist?
Because not everyone is stupid enough to get their bills and invoices sent to them electronically.

Attached: 1213489594426.gif (160x120, 772K)

You are dumb.
>the problem is laws, but if not...
That’s not how math works, shit eater.
reason.com/2018/11/15/the-postal-service-lost-4-billion-2018/

atr.org/usps-loses-billions-9th-consecutive-year?amp
>a decade plus of loosing billions

about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2018/pr18_093.htm
Lost money, from the source

uspsoig.gov/blog/cost-counterfeits
250 billion lost in FRAUD.
Please oh please make up some stupid story about how that’s anybody’s fault except the post office.
You’re dumb. Just too dumb to accept it.

1 post by this OP

This mailman is pissed