Did the two major political parties in the U. S. "switch" platforms...

Did the two major political parties in the U. S. "switch" platforms? I always hear this from liberals when Republicans mention that the Democratic party was the dominant party of the Confederate States.

I'm curious to see what you guys think because Google gives me many different answers.

Attached: 1552696402522.png (388x413, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/34241-democratic-republican-parties-switch-platforms.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, and it kinda looks like they did it again in 2016. Now the anti-war sentiment seems to be concentrated on the right, while the CIA dicksucking has mysteriously moved to the left.

No, but the kike progressives infiltrated the media and education system to such a degree that leftists and a lot of right wingers believe it to be true.

Yes. It wasn't as clean a switch as the left implies, but yes it did happen.

How so?

The new Republicans are more like 90's democrats. They aren't Bible thumpers, cucks on guns, support tariffs, they don't want to abolish Obama are completely. I think they would agree a lot on stuff with democrats but they are more logical. Like we need to stop illegal immigration in order to have all these social safety nets.

The platform cant switch sides when its the same platform.

Its almost like the republican is the status quo and the democrat is further left. We will go further left but never back right. Its designed that way. We keep our own pace though. We decide when we go left or when we stay put. But we never go right.

What's anything good on the right besides guns? Bible thumpers are just as radical

Your understanding begins when you no longer view the parties as monoliths

Right doesnt mean christian in particular.
More freedom. Less tax. Nationalism. Pride in your home. Individuality. Culture.

livescience.com/34241-democratic-republican-parties-switch-platforms.html

No.
Since at least the 60 the Domocrats were full on Communists - But what u hsve to understand, that in order to win ppl over their stated inzernal policy was one of the wolf in sheeps clothes.
So their strategy was to play the heroes of the little man, the oppressed and downtrotten etc.
Now their 'long march throu the institutions' is finished - so now they show their true faces.

That’s why the democrats have won every single election since the 60s right? Fuck outta here

When this country was founded, we had republicans, who were mainly in the south and cared about states rights, and the federalists (democrats) who wanted a stronger federal government. The parties haven't switched

I mean not really.

The parties change over time as demographics, needs and opinions change.

Lefties like to claim the parties “switched” to pretend like he Democrat’s weren’t total sacks of shit before 1975 but no the parties didn’t “switch”

Which party welcomed those “sack of shit” voters?

>Did the two major political parties in the U. S. "switch" platforms?
No, anyone who tells you this is a democrat trying to hide the fact that their party supported slavery, Jim Crow and the KKK.

It started at the turn of the century when Teddy Roosevelt started taking chomps out of the Democrat platform with the Progressive Party. It effectively ended with Nixon and the establishment of what we now call the Southern Strategy.

It's because you're a fucking nigger.

The same is true for the economy.
Once corporations started going woke, the left embraced capitalism, even if they claim to still oppose it.

Keys lefty shill

Actual southern racists from 1960 have literally 0 to do with red state southerners today you fucking idiot

That shit was 59 years ago. The southern strategy voters that were targeted by the GOP have been dead since 1990

We switched a lot of attitudes.
> Now the right opposes big corporations and censorship
> Now the right is OK with videogames and the left hates videogames as "leftist"
> Now the left is highly offended while back in the early 2000s it was evangelical Christians

I think it is the attitude switched, but the essence of the parties always stayed. Republicans never supported slavery, for example. It also always liked the constitution, whatever it was pro-state or anti-state, or interpreted it as pro-federalist or antifederalist.

I think the Left is more morally fluid on parties, and that is why socially conservative latinos and blacks often vote democrat.

Attached: 1543890789876.png (1296x860, 1.27M)

>> Now the right is OK with videogames and the left hates videogames as "leftist"

I meant
> Now the right is OK with videogames and the left hates videogames as "sexist" or "offensive"

All niggers are burden upon society and they all should perish for the betterment of the white* race.

*no mystery meat or mulatto shitskins involved

Modern Republicans are very anti-union, which is considered a democrat viewpoint.

Lmao, family values and roots matter until they don’t, ok friend

Yes and no. Both parties have certainly appealed to different voting blocks over the years but some things have stayed the same. The GOP has been a wallstreet whore since the days on Lincoln. The Dems have have always used niggers and immigrants to advance their power. That said, politics today has little in common with politics of even 50 years ago much less 150 years ago. Comparisons between political parties today and the same parties in the civil war are tangential at best.

Who gives a shit? It doesn't matter.

Attached: 1560734170597.jpg (403x403, 41K)

Yeah. Whats more pro union than flooding the labor pool with endless waves of cheap labor? No party is pro union because unions are a relic of the past and dont serve the globohomo anymore.

No.
Literally only two politicians switched parties.
There was no switch, but it sure is convenient for those ones who say they did.

pay attention in history class and you'd know that was true faggot

No. Ask any left winger when the switch happened. They usually say something about the southern strategy in the 60s but that would mean that FDR was a right winger. Or they could say it was somewhere in between Abe and FDR but that would mean that the switch happened when guys like Teddy, Taft or Silent Cal were leading the GOP and that doesn’t make any sense either.

There are some issues on which the parties switched sides on over time but fundamentally the Dems have always been left wing and the GOP have always been right wing. What’s changed more than anything is that the proletariat v bourgeoisie dynamic has changed from working class whites v business/intellectuals to where it is now as non whites v whites. The modern left likes to think they are intellectual/elite which is why they think they are the same as the GOP of the past.

.t. poopnigger lmao

Imagine coming to Jow Forums and saying that we should just listen to our history teachers.

No. All the southern segregationists went to their graves as Democrats. The switch meme is a childish lie that collapses under the slightest scrutiny

Attached: 943A4055-231F-4193-AAE9-C2326DFAAAB9.jpg (378x378, 6K)

I'ma poop down ur mums throat lol take that faggot incel lmao

Lmao, republicans can’t accept the fact that their party welcome southern democrats so now they went to their graves as democrats rofl. What’s weird is Trumptards will try and claim Jefferson as their own while decrying southern democrats, weird.

Southern Strategy back in the 60s. Dems used to be the party of old wealthy southern whites, but civil rights hurt that support and the northerner republicans scooped them up. Every since then dems went hard for the minority vote, republicans for the whites.

both parties are the same now go fuck yourself
sage

So FDR (pre southern strategy) was right wing?

He's not wrong. Democrats dominated southern politics well into the 1990s. Segregationists didn't change parties. They got old and died. The parties haven't changed. The average opinion on issues from one generation to the next is what changed and what has always changed.

Why do whites make this face?

It's bullshit, the Republicans were just able to absorb much of the Democratic base because the Dems dropped the South. They didn't make any meaningful policy changes, except that the GOP pretended to treat southerners like human fucking beings. There was no switch.

I already peed in your moms vagina that’s how you were born son.

See if you can find a breakdown of the votes for the Civil Rights Act, the split is primarily North/South, not Red/Blue.
That’s the final push.

In addition, look up the Southern Strategy which was a deliberate attempt by Nixon and others to pull the socially conservative Democrats over to the Republicans.

Does it even matter? They’re both the same. Stop playing the Democrat-Republican game.

No. It wasn't so black and white back then. The parties used to be much closer in make-up

This is one of those issues where nearly everyone who talks about it is wrong and just trying to push their favorable point of view. The GOP is no the Party of Lincoln it used to be, the one that attracted black voters but was rejected but southern states. Nor did the parties perform some complete platform swap, either. One area they did do some wild swinging around in, for example, is race.

They've both realigned a lot over the years, in relation to each other and independently. Thus the party of small government brings us the Patriot Act and the party of youthful resistance's leadership doddles around.

The GOP supports the KKK right now, in their cucky way. Hell, I suspect Steve King might put on that hood once in awhile.

This. Conservatism is controlled opposition. The Steven Crowders of the world would probably condemn the average American guy of the 40s as a far right radical nazi if one were to get transported into the future for some reason.

It's so weird how much of a spook the "far right" is. Like it doesn't matter where you are on the spectrum, most people reflexively qualify any criticism of Antifa violence or Democrat woke nonsense with "they're not as bad as the far right, but..."

To be on the right is to be a loser because an actual right wing is not allowed to exist.

It's a reflection of an emotion you are probably incapable of experiencing.

Attached: IMG_4076.png (500x725, 171K)

False. Silent Cal just a few years prior was very right wing and FDR is the furthest left president we have ever had except maybe Obama.

I just instinctively do it in certain scenarios and I don't know why

This is a nonsensical statement and I can’t fathom how it is relevant to my comment.

It's called acquiescence. Usually in relation to niggers.

I’m objectively right. Check congressional records, very few switched

this

Parties are coalitions. The Southern coalition of white voters who supported Southern Democrats up until the Nixon administration did switch to the Republican Party and thus why the south is solidly red. Black voters, whom had supported Republicans during Reconstruction and afterwards, switched to being Democrats after the 1965 Civil Rights act and this likely began the flip of white southerners to the Republican Party.

It wasn't just race that motivated the change, it was also religious views and the south generally being more libertarian concerning business.

....And yes, the Boomer argument that Democrats are the real racists because their party supported Southern Democrats is retarded since they're now home to the ancestors of those same Southern Democrats.

(Alabama checking in)

We've went to the right before on many issues. Deregulation of industries is one way it happens frequently. What we never seem to go to the right on is cultural issues.

>the Boomer argument that Democrats are the real racists because their party supported Southern Democrats is retarded since they're now home to the ancestors of those same Southern Democrats.
Dems are real racists is dumb because racism isn't wrong. Not because descendants of democrats from 50 years ago find an old dead political movement distasteful. Thats a pretty shit argument.

Republicans opposed slavery and segregation.

Dems are historically murky.

I hate this argument because the times change and so do the values. What fucking difference does it make what the voting records were 150 years ago? It’s not like Obama ended slavery. All he ever did was suck michaels big black cock.

But basically both sides try to use that arguement to make the other look bad. Focus on how retarded liberals are NOW and that tells you all you need to know

No they didn’t.. they exchanged the names though. The Republican Party ended up collecting all the white nationalist christkike retards and the Democrats ended up absorbing the peace loving, intelligent people of all races

you mean pretend to stop illegal immigration but not really because it benefits their corporate donors