Tell Me Why Exactly We Shouldn't Cut Off The Island Territory of Puerto Rico!

Tell me why we shouldn't give Puerto Rico its independence and send the Puerto Rican immigrants here back to their island?

>INB4 MUH ECONOMY MUH GDP

Those are the same arguments liberals, cuckservatives, and (((they))) say for why we need to import millions of thirdworld immigrants. I don't care how well companies or our economy does due to keeping Puerto Rico if it doesn't help us as common people.

Keeping them also does harm to them too. JUST CUT THEM OFF.

Attached: Map of Puerto Rico With Flag.png (2000x732, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/elijah-alamin-michael-paul-adams-stabbing-murder-arizona
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also the only people that appears to support Puerto Rican statehood seems to be second or third generation Puerto Rican-Americans in the mainland that might want to make it state to feel more like part of the country, PRs on the island for economic and political reasons, and for strange reason military fags.

Well, first Puerto Ricans never wanted to be state or be citizens, but Americans insisted anyway. Their congress voted for independence and the USA ignored it.

If America, when it was the most pro-white and the most pro-American, didn't give us independence at that time and even forced citizenship... it is unlike that will change now.

Daily reminder that Puerto Ricans voted on NOTHING about this, they have no word in the federal government.

Attached: honk-puerto-rico.png (758x801, 33K)

Most Puerto Ricans have supported Statehood or status quo for years. Only a minority supports independence. In the beginning (about a century ago, when USA took us), most Puerto Ricans supported independence but America didn't gave independence to us. They even forced citizenship, their own money and their own government.

Daily reminder that Puerto Ricans voted on NOTHING about this, they have no word in the federal government and their situation so ever.

The military supports statehood because too many soldiers come from Puerto Rico.

BTW, giving independence will not fix anything. Millions of Puerto Ricans will still be American and be free to move, unless you change the constitution.

Whatever USA decides for us, I agree. I love USA and it is a good example for us, even if we get independent.

It is very sad Jow Forums turned so hateful against Puerto Rico just because a far leftist mayor that does not even represent 2% of us.

Attached: economy_of_puertorico.png (1202x351, 79K)

>Tell me why we shouldn't give Puerto Rico its independence and send the Puerto Rican immigrants here back to their island?
For the same reason our territory extends to Guam. These territories expand our influence over other countries, in this case central and south america. Pretty stupid if you ask me, but that’s the logic the neocons are going with.

>These territories expand our influence over other countries, in this case central and south America.

Bad comparison. Puerto Rico is not and has never been independent as those countries.

Virtually all Puerto Ricans are American citizens and, by the way, they didn't want to become American citizens at first.

Now you have to change the constitution to rollback that. Ask your white ancestors why they did this to you.

>Well, first Puerto Ricans never wanted to be state or be citizens, but Americans insisted anyway. Their congress voted for independence and the USA ignored it.
>Daily reminder that Puerto Ricans voted on NOTHING about this, they have no word in the federal government.

Well we didn't vote to have PR as a territory or to give them citizenship either.

The United States Government is incompetent at doing anything anymore aside for things that make it economically wealthier; and society itself has no direction. At this point, all it does is boast; but rarely takes direct action in matters like these. To see the country itself degrade so rapidly in the course of decades; shows what is in store for us. As for Puerto Ricans, i've met a few that were alright; but those few do not speak for all the scum that run rampant in many of the inner cities along the east coast. Some of them having kids while in their teens, but not having the intelligence or determination to be responsible about it, so they just leech off the abused welfare system. Our government is severely broken and the US will fade into irrelevance. Sustainable population growth doesn't matter when it consists entirely of consumers.

bad bunny baby yeah yuhhhh yuhhh

>Well we didn't vote to have PR as a territory or to give them citizenship either.

I agree, but very few things can be done about that. Statehood is unlikely, but giving independence to an island full of Americans citizens would be even worse and have terrible consequences for your elections and our autonomy.

Deportation? Not gonna happen without revoking citizenship, which is almost impossible.

Many companies use Puerto Rico as a tax heaven. Most engineering companies use us as a source of cheap engineers. A lot of medicines and medical devices are created here because it is cheap and it is still under federal rule.

If you hate us because we are not so white, THAT OK, but please don't blame us for decisions we have no power so ever, please.

Attached: gdp-per-capita.png (548x804, 70K)

But we don't need to have territories to have influence over other parts of the world. China has influence on African countries but it doesn't have any actual territory over there.

Puertorican americans overwhelmingly vote democrat.

You don't even need them as territories to install military bases on them either.

Sadly, yes. I cannot deny that.
That's why I do not support statehood right now. However, Venezuela has redpilled a lot of latinos and things are changing fast.

Anyway, even if we become independent I do not want a another leftist hell hole here. I would rather support a pinochean party.

Yeah that too.

So what do you support?

To be honest, I would like statehood, but I'm aware it is unlikely.

Therefore, I think slowly going independence is the only way, but not in the way of "cutting off" the island because it would be worse for everyone
(1) traumatic for Puerto Ricans
(2) terrible for republicans and conservatives, as Puerto Ricans in US will vote against the party that cut off their family.

I think the US can give the island more trading freedom to see if it uses it well (revoke Jones act) and progressively give it more independence until it does not depend on US anymore. Then freeze any federal help it may give to Americans and stop giving it to new borns.

Kind of like the UK did to Honk Kong and similar territories. However, it may took many decades, but I think US and PR would still be happy.

That sounds fine. As long as we still give them independence.

Interesting, the 2018 figures saw PR drop below Spain but that's almost for sure due to the ripple effects of Hurricane Maria on the Island.

I'm visiting family from my home state right now and every time I come it seems poorer and poorer.

Honestly very surprised this shit hole apparently has higher GDP/person than fucking Israel, Italy, Portugal, Russia, etc

But I guess that's because PR get's to piggyback off USD and compared at PPP and not nominal USD equivalents I'm betting PR would tank down that list and tank fast.

The economy is wholly service based at this point and there's minimal manufacturing or high level white collar work. Just a lot of administrative staff supporting doctors and hospitals and other services as such as well as municipal government workers, and fast food employees.

Sadly, most parties will probably ignore the situation all together and do nothing. :/

I'm with you OP. Puerto Rico is clearly a burden on our country (and an easy way for the Democrats to import votes).

>Honestly very surprised this shit hole apparently has higher GDP/person than fucking Israel, Italy, Portugal, Russia, etc

The issue in Puerto Rico is not lack of money, it is bad infrastructure and corruption, and that is probably rooted in our culture, sadly.

We produce over 2x the money Dominican Republic does, and yet we are less than half of their population. This suggest bad management is what is fucking up, not the lack of money.

Based and Redpilled.

Attached: America First.jpg (225x225, 15K)

>Puerto Rico is clearly a burden on our country (and an easy way for the Democrats to import votes).

The worst mistake America did is ignore our situation up to this point. It increased federal help, gave us citizenship, etc. and no one cared.

Now it will be a mess to undo all of that, and probably more costly to undo than to continue the status quo.

cut it off
ship em back

What PISSES ME OFF the most is the fact that the most pro-independence Puerto Ricans live in the USA.

One would think that pro-independence folks would be paying taxes and working on the island, but no, they prefer to complain on the mainland. I hope they get deported first.

Attached: gdp.png (893x562, 44K)

>Puerto Rican immigrants
They're not immigrants, they're American citizens. They are no more immigrants than someone moving from Kansas to Ohio is an immigrant.

Also, fuck you, make 'em a state. They've expressed interest in it, and they meet all of the qualifications for it. Regardless of whether you think they'll be beneficial to the union or not, if a territory votes to become a state, we are legally obligated to make them into a state.

Sorry, but someone who moves from Ohio to New York is a migrant, too.

Culturally, we Puerto Ricans are immigrants because we do not speak English as our main language and we have a more hispanic culture, rather than germanic or english, like USA is.

I have no problem with that label so ever. "Migrant" is not a bad word for me, as long as it is legal, and so far Puerto Ricans are citizens (yet, they didn't vote for that. They initially preferred independence but USA imposed citizenship).

Attached: puerto-rico-counties-translated.jpg (2048x1572, 229K)

I'm from nyc. The way I see it. PR and DR are just another borough of nyc. Might as well incorporated it into New York State. I'm guessing a majority of PR and DR migrants live In nyc.

>I hope they get deported first.

Based.

>They're not immigrants, they're American citizens. They are no more immigrants than someone moving from Kansas to Ohio is an immigrant.

PRs may technically be U.S citizens but outside of that they basically act like foreigners. Hence why they're seen more as immigrants.

>Also, fuck you, make 'em a state. They've expressed interest in it, and they meet all of the qualifications for it. Regardless of whether you think they'll be beneficial to the union or not, if a territory votes to become a state, we are legally obligated to make them into a state.

I've heard most PRs that could have voted didn't and boycotted the referendum on PR statehood. Only around 23% voted.

Also what's your background Pedro?

I was born there and I am pretty sure that there is not an overwhelmingly left leaning voting population on the island. It could be the fact that my family has several military members but then again I once heard about half of the males in PR at one point were employed by the federal government.

>I'm from nyc. The way I see it. PR and DR are just another borough of nyc. Might as well incorporated it into New York State. I'm guessing a majority of PR and DR migrants live In nyc.

Kindly go hang yourself cuck.

Attached: Pepe Holding A Rope.png (600x842, 142K)

How White is Puerto Rico my dudes and what's your racial backgrounds?

Attached: Governor of Puerto Rico Ricardo Rossello.jpg (800x1200, 138K)

Honestly "whiter" than DC, NYC and LA

There's no actual "black black" people like at all; super dark/brown latinos of course but not Africans. Honestly if not for the facial features distinctive of latinos, it would just seem as though the island was composed of a lot of tan to super-tanned white people.

Not sure if that answers your question.

It's whiter than most major cities in the mainland, but in an indirect way.

And I'm half Cuban half Italian but everyone guesses I look Italian or Greek or even Arab but no one has ever guessed Latino.

Most Puerto Ricans look white, but we are not white, we have a lot of Indigenous and some African DNA.

We also have blacks, but often not as black as those in the USA or surrounding islands.

I rarely see on Puerto Rico a person as black as the blacks I see in Texas when I go there on vacation. Seriously.

So we are mainly mix raced, but white enough to be considered white by most Latinamericans.

You know what, you're right; and the unfortunate part is that corruption is fundamentally rooted in latin/romance culture with the exception of the French for reasons I will look into.

Spanish-Latinos, Italians, Brazilians and Portuguese all suffer from systemic corruption, I think it's because family bonds are objectively tighter when looked at generally in these groups and so there's a lot of "help me me and I'll help you out down the line" which might not be as prevalent in the Anglo-Saxon world.

The island was definitely cleaner when I came here as a kid and teenager and roads didn't have potholes anywhere and even the houses in the shanty barrios looked well kept, now even the non-slums look like slums.

My extended family moved here from an actual Latino shithole before I was even born so I feel like I have more connection to PR than Cuba and I hope in my lifetime things get better, but I can't rationally think it through as happening that way; especially with these developments that Trump has basically ensnared the island into debt service to a restructuring firm run by a buddy of his.

*shrug*

I'm a white Washingtonian. Also, the opinions of people who don't vote are irrelevant.

>I'm a white Washingtonian

Oh so that explains everything. You must be one of those libtard antifa cucks from the Pacific Northwest.

Anyway it doesn't matter. We got to cut that island off and send them back.

Hey man cmon did I piss you off recently? Gibs me dat statehood, least we're better than a fucking leaf.

Attached: 1558494925507.jpg (500x500, 70K)

No.

If we cut them off they move to the mainland AND get the right to vote.

>T. Smol brainlet

If we cut them off they wouldn't be consider U.S citizens anymore since they now live in a sovereign state.

Nah, I'm a Libertarian. Antifa is a terrorist organization.

>Nah, I'm a Libertarian.

Attached: Disgusted Pepe.jpg (250x173, 6K)

Because its close enough for other countries to install nuclear weapons that can easily reach the US. Basically the same reason they couldn't just ignore Cuba. That's all.

I doubt that's much of a threat nowadays.

Stay out of Arizona nigger.

buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/elijah-alamin-michael-paul-adams-stabbing-murder-arizona

Attached: Elijah-Al-Amin-780x405.png (780x405, 228K)

Yikes, Ay Dios Mio...