Should women get equal pay as men in soccer?

Should women get equal pay as men in soccer?

Attached: usp-soccer_-womens-world-cup-usa-vs-netherlands.jpg (4547x3055, 958K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1998:_Karsten_Braasch_vs._the_Williams_sisters
itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/articles/who-are-the-5-best-paid-women-footballers-in-the-world
businessinsider.com/highest-paid-soccer-players-footballers-world-2019-6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only if they play equally as well, and they don't.

Why not they're all faggots anyway.

Women shouldn't even be paid.

>Should women get equal pay as men in soccer?
They should get the same percentage of the money they bring in. But they bring in no where near what the mens team does. By comparing to the men, they are paid a higher % of the total earnings.

NO

THE FREE MARKET SHOULD DECIDE

STOP TRYING TO INTERFERE

Attached: 1470646876611.jpg (960x530, 29K)

No
because this

They only get so much in men's football because of a sick market. If you back to the beginning of pro football, they got little more than minimum wage.

But anyway: football clubs are in fact companies that want to make money. They can because there is a very high demand from the public, which doesn't exist for women's football. It doesn't even have much to do with their skills, cause the national teams can't even compete on Dutch 6th level. There just could be a demand because of the novelty and the 'babes'.

Real question is should people be paid to play a game?

The question is where would the money come from???

Yes, it'll destroy soccer that much sooner.
Hopefully, men's soccer will catch a case of the Kaepernick's soon

I don't think there's a sport around that discriminates based on sex, it's just that no women can compete in the way men do. Even in shit like chess, which you would think would be the most even of playing fields for women.

Ballet?

I only caught the ass end of that game but it was pretty pathetic. I saw a player just stand still in the box and she never got challenged, just got stared at by the defender. I don't watch much men's soccer but I know that wouldn't fly. The rest of the time was just kicking the ball out of bounds over and over for 20 minutes.

Once they become better looking, become more well known because I didn't even know there were all women's soccer teams, and a higher viewer count then maybe just maybe they will get equal pay.

Attached: od6ii9ywa5gy.gif (320x180, 1.52M)

I'm ok with lowering the men's pay to the same that the women earn. Why should they make so much if they're so shit (the US team)?

I'll bet women club owners make the same as men. Why do they all want to be the athletes?

Sure, as soon as they pull the same viewership as men. I think they deserve more, but you can't compare apples to oranges. The men have significantly higher viewership, sell more tickets, and sell more merch. There's simply more money.

Also, how cringy was it when they were on the podium just standing around and they decided to have a photo moment so they all freaked out like they just scored the winning goal. Everything about this women's world cup was fabricated. There's no reason this should be on any station higher than ESPN 2.

No, they should have the crap beat out of them by niggers.

Attached: 7FD0DC8A-2612-4463-A7B5-BBEB1E112207.jpg (1005x1024, 236K)

>Should women get pay
no

Women actually earn more than men in soccer, it's just that womens soccer is unpopular and only generates a fraction of the revenue mens soccer does.

Why would anyone pay a man or woman to play soccer?

I never got paid to play Skyrim

>we demand to be payed the same as Messi and Ronald
And who else would it be if not the eternal burgers.
Just nuke that shithole from orbit and let humanity start again.

women already make a larger percentage of the overall income, but women cant do sports to save their live, especially soccer. the best of the best routinely lose to middle and high schoolers.

Consider
Male US team sucks so we shouldn't incentivize them. The money's there but those faggots definitely dont deserve it.

Yeah, but you sided with the imperials so you're a faggot.

Yup, as soon as men get equal paternity leave etc

Who the fuck is paying them? Isn't this a national team playing on pride (which ironically the head dyke has none of for the US) ?

They should get whatever the market forces and constraints naturally allocate them, just like men.... which they already do. The End.

No, they should be grateful that they're allowed to play in the first place.

Attached: image.jpg (574x499, 30K)

The mens team has fewer wins because the mens league has a far higher skill level. The womens team actually kind of sucks but are in a league of worse players (they lost to a fucking high school team).

Do they bring in as much as men? If so, then sure but I seriously doubt that’s the case

Men don’t get equal pay. Ronaldo and Messi etc. get 500 times what some 2nd league grunt gets.

How could they if they don't generate enough money in the first place?

>equal pay as men
What this even mean? Messi in Barcelona making more than some Gonzalez from Boca. And Gonzalez from Boca make more than literally-who from noname club.
But sure, why not. Show skills on par with Messi and people come to watch and will buy shirts with you name. Then club make money off you and offer you better contract to make sure you stay. Bam, equal pay achieved.

Shut up, gamergater!

The money in football comes from viewership. Do women's leagues attract the same amount of viewers? No. The men's world cup generated $6 billion in revenue in 2018. This years women's world cup generated $131 million. Messi earns $127 million a year. The world's top footballer earns as much in a year as the total generated revenue of the women's world tournament. So no, they definitely won't be getting equal pay because they do not represent equal value. They're lucky FIFA even let's them have a tournament.

No they don't.

And they really fucking pushed it this year. Since when do they broadcast all the games on a national network? That ugly dyke's face was everywhere I looked. $131 million is pathetic.

get the fuck back in the kitchen whore.

Attached: bye_roastie1.gif (250x188, 1.95M)

Sure, as soon as they become equally productive. They have a productivity gap of $3.87 billion to overcome before they can worry about the pay gap.

They got beat by a fucking high school boys team. Your fault is assuming that they're remotely equal to pro men's teams when they're not.

Any time men are actually pitted against women in sports, it because painfully obvious how much worse they are and why separate leagues exist for the sexes. Frankly, most of these female "athletes" are probably overpaid.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1998:_Karsten_Braasch_vs._the_Williams_sisters
>Another event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[56] between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple of bottles of ice cold lager".[57][56] The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park,[58] after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two shandies. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.[56] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun"[59] and that the big difference was that men can chase down shots much easier and put spin on the ball that female players can't handle. The Williams sisters adjusted their claim to beating men outside the top 350.[56]

Attached: same price.png (798x798, 730K)

The US women’s soccer team couldn’t beat a team if high school boys. The fact that anyone pays to watch them kick a ball around is already amazing to me.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss

Right

Attached: women_soccer.png (665x290, 34K)

toll paid

and they can't attract enough companies to do sponsorship deals, advertising etc. and most importantly, popularity from the general public which would drive up television broadcasting deals for the women's league. they get something like $30k less than your average male player, but never forget: these whores are very well paid to kick a ball around. they know what to do to increase the cash, they just can't be bothered and would rather cry about how the world is unfair. it's men's fault that female football is not making enough money!1

They should get paid 0 dollars to play soccer.

I like how they boast about being basically rank 200 and they still are destroyed. And it was done in the most aussie way possible.

They should get what they earn the sporting bodies based on viewership and thus advertising revenue.
If people think womens soccer is boring (it is) then they get paid whatever they earn the masters.
They're currently being paid at a higher percentage vs profit than men.

Is this real

>They only get so much in men's football because of a sick market
it's not like some suburban league. if you think they're not being paid well.. and FIFA are just sitting back and having a laugh, then you are wrong. FIFA rely on broadcast licensing deals. female football is not a rating bonanza for any network, doesn't pull in enough viewers or advertising cash.

Attached: 1fcf633.jpg (750x900, 88K)

>when lesbianism does the kind of damage you product can never fix

Attached: Hnmm.jpg (400x400, 20K)

> feminist idiots ETERNALLY BTFO
quality post.

Jesus I hope not but it may be

no, it's from a movie.

how fucking new to this site are you exactly, newfag?

No one should get payed for playing soccer.

Sure, but not that purple haired faggot.

They shouldn't get 200k a year for kicking a bloody ball about..lol

Jobs that matter pay so much less than ridiculous jobs like actors or sports players get.

Yes, but no women play men's soccer so it's a moot point.

> they get something like $30k less than your average male player,

They don't.

Top 5 highest paid womens players:

1. Marta da Silva– $315,000-per-year

2. Alex Morgan – $300,000-per-year

3. Amandine Henry - $280,000-per-year

4. Carli Lloyd – $250,000-per-year

5. Sydney Leroux – $200,000-per-year

itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/articles/who-are-the-5-best-paid-women-footballers-in-the-world

Top 5 highest paid Mens footballers:

Lionel Messi - $127 million / 2.4 millon PER WEEK

Cristiano Ronaldo - $109 million / 2 MILLION PER WEEK
Neymar - $105 million / 2 MILLION PER WEEK.

Paul Pogba - $33 million / 634,00 PER WEEK
Andres Iniesta - $32.5 million ./ 625,000 PER WEEK

Top male players earn up to 9x as much in a week as these dumb bitches do in a year.

businessinsider.com/highest-paid-soccer-players-footballers-world-2019-6

They are paid $30k less to participate in the women's world cup tournament because they're actually worthless. Perhaps they should consider boycotting the tournament in 2023. I doubt anyone would miss them.

Only if they play vs male teams.

In America maybe since we are a joke, depends on the money they bring in. So maybe any international team bonuses should be larger, but the women’s league? No, because they bring in less than the MLS.

WHAT SOCCER YOU DUMB MUTT? It's called football. FUCKING RETARD. And no, not men, nor women should be paid to bounce ball around. I only agree with salary they get from those who enter the football stadium(not soccer stadium), those people who pay tickets, that should be their only salary.

What are you guys trying to slide so hard today? The Epstein thing?
Anyway, that bitch looks like a teenager's notebook. One State drawn there, a W here, some stupid text on the other arm....

This. I didn’t even realize the women’s World Cup was going on until the semi finals. Nobody cares

from a movie called frayed i believe
>sage for off topic

Football is nothing but money laundering. Paying those retards money, hiring those retards from Africa, not even watching those retards play, they get millions. That's is as obvious corrupt as possible.

The US is an anomaly because our womens team does statistically attract more attention and bring in more money. The women are rapidly increasing their worth, they are up to around 89% of what the men make, as opposed to about 36% a few years ago. At some point, the womens team will begin to make more than the men since the womens team is more popular, moves more merchandise, sells more tickets, etc. If our men's team continues to fail and our womens team continues to dominate, they will eventually make more than the men.

Imagine giving a fuck

Sage

They don't draw equal crowds. Stop asking stupid questions.

>they bring in nowhere near what the men's team does.
Not anymore. They bring in more than the men now. They also have higher viewership. I'm only talking about the US though.

Just make the sport gender equal, in the sense that its not locked off to men, women (if up to the task) can join a professional soccer team and be paid the same for playing as anyone else.

I doubt that anyone would have a problem with that if the girls could keep up. But they can't, which is why they have to have their own leagues, which are less interesting because they have less skill and a lower player count (meaning a less diverse player pool). Just like in UFC, women didn't start to get the big bucks until they started bringing in the big bucks. I don't think Ronda Rowsey (sp?) cares, in fact there was an interview where she basically told other women to stop being entitled bitches and bring in the ticket sales if they want to make money... just like she did. I don't like the bitch, but she has a good point right?

Lets be honest here, anyone who thinks about this rationally with even a little business sense will agree, it's not sexist, it's just the way shit goes.

Imagine being this retarded

soccer palyers should get paid minimum wage

It's a business. The better the team does they more they earn in television revenue.

Spain's top league La Liga distributes $1.5B in television revenue amongst 20 teams.

The English Premiership distributed $3.2 billion amongst 20 teams.

They sign players whom they think can help them win and make money. It's nothing more than that.

Chiming in on this debate is pure NPC programming. It doesn't matter at all. There is no reason any of you should care.

Sage

Money comes from what advertisers are willing to play based on the number of viewers in attendance. Womens Soccer does not draw alot of attention the same way The Special Olympics does not draw attention.

/Thread

Someone please post that women's basketball .gif where they all reverse sides.

Attached: 1268699774749.png (450x216, 97K)

Nix pay, give both men and women in sports an equal share of revenue. Problem solved.

>They should get the same percentage of the money they bring in.
why? there are fixed costs related to hosting matches and broadcasting matches. they should be paid what the market can accept paying them.

Now tell me how many people watched the wwc compared to the wc, or how many t-shirts did those vaginas sell with their names. I bet Messi sold 1000 times more t-shirts than all the professisonal women combined

No the drama queens complain too much. Edited this team I didn’t care about soccer now I could hate women’s soccer any more than I do now. Fuck the cunts.

>Should women get equal pay as men in soccer?

2018 World Cup generated more than 6 billion u$d in revenue.

2019 Womens World Cup generated less than 160 million u$d in revenue.

Why would they be paid the same?

8-2 against the USMNT u-17, the one that lost to Taco&Tequila

Attached: 1541898960721.png (1341x1319, 986K)

No because they don't command as much of an audience or profit based on ticket sales, merch etc which is the basis for their pay. They should probably be paid less than they already make desu. This is like saying if a movie fails to make back it's budget, the team behind that movie should be paid the same as a team who made twice its budget. It is pure and utter nonsense and could have only come from the inferiors feminine system of logic.

i don't think anyone should get payed in soccer

what is (((their))) plan? why this? why now?

Viewership Women's World Cup Final:
15.6 million viewers

Viewership Men's World Cup Final:
1.12 billion viewers

Has nothing to do with how well they play, but how much revenue they create. No one gives a shit about womens sports. Look at WNBA. They operate at a loss, subsidized by the NBA. Those nappy headed hoes getting child support from lebron and curry.

Not to mention tickets for the 2018 final were $1000 and over 50 thousand tickets were sold.

While for the womens final the tickets were $100, barely 25 thousand tickets were sold.

And the funny thing is that 90%+ of the audience were americans, despite the tournament being held in europe and having an european team in the final.
Isnt that evidence enough that outside the USA no once cares about womens football?

Would rather bang CR7 and Im not even gay

They do get equal pay in relation with what they generate

>get paid millions to run after a ball
Footballfaggots shouldn't even get paid, regardless of gender