RETAIL APOCALYPSE: Boston Market closes 45 locations:

>Trump's economy is a rising tide lifting all boa-

Welp...

>Boston Market closes 45 locations

>Boston Market, the pioneering fast-casual rotisserie chicken chain, has closed 45 of its restaurants over the past week as part of a restructuring designed to improve the brand’s “long-term sustainability.”

>In a letter to employees dated July 8 and shared with members of the media on Monday, CEO Frances Allen acknowledged closing six locations on June 30 and another 39 on Sunday as part of a “broad-based analysis” of its locations.

>“We must take steps to ensure our operational structure will support long-term sustainability,” Allen said in a letter to employees. “Part of that effort involves continuously analyzing our geographic footprint and real estate portfolio to assess the ongoing viability of locations.”

>The company had been working with the consulting firm Hilco Global to renegotiate leases as part of an out-of-court working, according to a report last month in the publication Debtwire. Restaurant Business has since confirmed that report.

>Boston Market finished 2018 with 454 locations, meaning the recent closures represent 10% of the company’s unit base.

restaurantbusinessonline.com/financing/boston-market-closes-45-locations

Jow Forums will justify this.

Attached: 67e2df8c59fda6b04cdbec58da94723b[1].jpg (1400x900, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alliednews.com/news/local_news/perkins-being-stripped-of-franchises/article_d394cc83-f104-5088-947f-8a5694736998.html
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/PCE
oola.com/restaurants/2297541/chain-restaurant-chefs-share-how-much-cooking-actually-goes-on-at-their-place-of-work/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There’s 400 million people in this country who fucking cares about 40 Boston markets

i thought it was just shitty frozen food in the nigger freezer locker section

Thank God their food is disgusting

It’s still around? thought it closed for good 20 years ago.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! MORE closings from today - the future of 25 PERKINS restaurants is in doubt due to a nasty legal battle between the chain's management and its own franchisees. The culprit? Declining sales:

>Perkins being stripped of franchises

>A federal judge has granted a temporary restraining order requiring more than two dozen Perkins restaurants, including three in Mercer County, to stop using the Perkins trademark on everything from signage to its menus.

>Tuesday’s ruling from U.S. District Judge Jon P. McCalla in the Western District of Tennessee comes from a lawsuit by franchisor Perkins & Marie Callender’s LLC. The company filed a lawsuit in June against Campbell Land Co., a Monroeville, Pa., company that owns the local Perkins restaurants.

>The suit affects CLC’s other nearby Perkins restaurants in New Castle and Meadville as well as ones in eastern Ohio, northwestern Pennsylvania and New York, according to court documents.

>The court ruling restrains CLC from identifying the businesses as Perkins restaurants or opening competing restaurants within a three-mile radius of each restaurant or any others owned by the parent company. The judge also ruled that CLC couldn’t use the trademarks or any identity related to a Perkins restaurant, including advertising, equipment, menus, furniture, stationary or other materials, including a massive American flag that flies above many restaurants. The order also requires the restaurants to change their telephone numbers.

alliednews.com/news/local_news/perkins-being-stripped-of-franchises/article_d394cc83-f104-5088-947f-8a5694736998.html

Attached: Perkins.jpg (1080x944, 209K)

their food tasted like ass

Wow op typed and so much shit and no one cared at all. Just makes you smile when you see someone try to drum up controversy and anger instead of a constructive post. I'm sure a one post by this ID op.

Neck yourself.

Ah, boston market, all your favorite home cooked meals made worse than at home.

You could just buy Stouffer's. It's made in the same factory

>start a business
>run business
> business takes turn for the worse
not factors of business management
but presidents fault
>

probably just closing it in all the ghetto areas because their workers fucking suck and black people preferred fried chicken and not grilled good for you chicken

Shit dog my last name was Boston market and growing up my mom would flash the credit card with the name on it and get badass service and free bread

Attached: 4289C33F-D560-4B79-89F8-7783E0A52506.jpg (1024x895, 102K)

They refused to open drive thrus - big mistake. Wanted the "diner" feel. Expensive prices, yet they were cheap on serving sizes - the opposite feel of a home meal. Hired low-tier help. Too slow and stupid. Changed menus - confusing.

i would never eat at shitkerns in my life....good riddance you tranny fuck

Lol are you retarded? Have you ever been to a Perkins?

both fucking suck

same

>CEO Frances Allen
>Allen had been president of Jack in the Box since October 2014. Before that she was executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Denny’s. She also has worked at Dunkin’ Donuts, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications, PepsiCo and Frito-Lay.

A woman. Every time.

Attached: 1556864627479.png (200x284, 80K)

Not personally, but 25 locations is a lot. It's not a good sign for the overall retail sector.

>not supporting the local mom and pop
These place are dinosaurs I hope they take other trash chains with them, crapplebees is next
Their time is up good riddance

>commie doesn’t understand how businesses work and don’t work.
>the concept of change, adaptation, and survival is foreign to them.
>entire lynchpin of commie thought is to be taken care of by others

No wonder they get autistic about this shit, the thought that you need to actively read the market and change accordingly or die is very triggering to them.

>have a shitty eatery no one eats at
>go broke
>n-nice going drumpf!

Attached: 9844165.jpg (275x183, 7K)

probably not be just saw something pop up in his newsfeed he says, "oh this will make someone mad on Pol"

Then when people just call him stupid he's going to say all you're just mad your country's failing because orange man bad.

This man's got his finger on the pulse of the economy, look out he knows everything. What's it like smelling your own farts? Are you really this full of yourself?

Wow a fucking fast food chain. Who fucking cares. People would be better off if more shut down.

Who cares. As long as mcdonalds and in n out are still going fine ill be happy.

It's white people fast food of quality, this is a Jewish attack on delicious chicken

The point is that the retail apocalypse is an ongoing process. This is not the first entry in the retail apocalypse series. It's not even the hundredth. Things are worse than that.

HAHAHAHA FAGGOT WE OWN YOUR FRIED CHICKEN RESTAURANT, KILL YOURSELF

restaurants and retail are completely different business sectors

Just call it the "nigger food isle". White people don't eat tv dinners.

>retail apocalypse
what is amazon

Imagine that an economy of promoting excess everything would crash.

Good luck in 5 to 10 years man.

Attached: 1562652417243.jpg (490x447, 36K)

Didn't mention anything about retail.. what's it like being schizophrenic?

Your Talmudic hair-splitting doesn't work here, Moshe. They both fall into the category of "individual consumer-level sales."

25 locations for an outdated eatery in a time where there’s a place to get food on every street corner. End your life you brainlet

Boston Market's okay.

Kenny Rogers' Chicken was better though.

Shame the only existing location is over in Korea or some shit.

Imagine being so retarded you talk about a “retail apocalypse” on the fucking Internet

You know maybe that's why they've controlled the banks and everything for so long maybe it's because people who are so afraid and angered by them are too stupid to realize these simple concepts and equate them to Jewish witchcraft. You know you're a little bit tedious right you can see it yourself?

Kenny Roger's Roasters.

they got to change it up. change up the recipe, add drive through, more value meals, less side options keep it simple. if people are gonna go out to dine in they aren't gonna pick boston market. if people need a quick option from work they want to go through a drive through

The only kike here is you. I bet you also kvetched about Drumpf when Sears shut down.

The 1950s are over you stinking boomer.

Retail only represents

Listen user, I know you liked Boston Market but their food is really shitty. What am I going there for some dry chicken and mashed potatoes? Mac and cheese? They don't have great pricing or selection they are trying to be a relatively pricey cafeteria. It's like hospital food.

okay then why not just look at a graph of consumer spending instead of cherry picking the failure of a couple of really shitty restaurant chains
but then I'm probably the fool for assuming that you actually have a point

...and what's worse not talking about a retailer, but a QSR that has no appeal to the hispanic community.

The biggest problem they've got is that their rotissary gimmic isn't fresh anymore. Every fucking supermarket can shit one out right now, and they've got zero shot at beating costco.

I mean how the fuck do you not make headway selling fucking chicken breasts in this dietary environment.

It's because white people order everything online now so they don't have to go out around dangerous animals.

Never eaten at a Boston market or known anyone who has in my entire life

These places are out of date and America is over saturated with shitty chain diners.
These places suck, no one makes any money in them except home office, becuase even the top local manger is just a promoted minuiuan wage employee with barely a raise following a script.
So they don’t make spenders in the local economy, and the entire staff doesn’t give a shit because it is a low wage job, even for the "cooks" and head staff. So there is no quality to them at all.

Attached: D5AA5276-BCE5-440B-B224-3ABF925BF5E3.jpg (457x450, 40K)

here live it up
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/PCE

Meanwhile, Chick-fil-A and other chains continue to each open dozens of stores a year...

The quality of their food went downhill. The only good thing left was their meatloaf and spinach. Besides, my boomer parents were the only ones who liked Boston Market.

This.
They also have huge staffs, it’s amazing how they make any money with 20 plus people on a shift, when a place like McDonald’s might run half that

They make money because their products are reasonably priced, righteous and delicious, just like In-n-Out.

The Lord knows I am craving some of that USA goodness down my gullet right now.

I can't even think of a time I've ever been to a Boston Market. Should i go ask /ck/ if this is worth going to before it disappears?
>Pic related will replace this

Attached: 1543993516903.jpg (436x536, 51K)

marie calenders frozen dinners or even hungry man are better than BMs
F

Look at the long ass lines at chick fil a. They need the staff to do all the shit. If they cut staff, they'd lose customers because of the wait.

They're not at their peak, but you might visit exactly once so you understand why they failed.

I know. It’s still amazing though.

Perkins microwaves it's food.
>oola.com/restaurants/2297541/chain-restaurant-chefs-share-how-much-cooking-actually-goes-on-at-their-place-of-work/
Any restaurant that does this is trash and deserves to fail.

Attached: redditmemeshaHaa.jpg (200x252, 9K)

Not surprised.
I have never even heard of Perkins but a lot of these places are like that. Only the most country fried rubes whos parents never learned to cook enjoy that food.
There is a big generation of America’s from about the 80s to 2010 that grew up with second generation working mothers, which means they never learned to cook so their family grew up eating trash.
I was one of them, the first time I tasted real food I almost orgasmed

the mashed potatoes are great and their beef gravy that you can ask for on it to is great both just like homemade
they used to have brisket and that was better than the chicken
overall it is much better than any other fast food

1 good employee can sometimes beat out 20 crappy ones. Costco vs Walmart strategy.

Mcdonaldls wants to be lowest common denominator, and make it work on locations everywhere with barely human employees.

>overall it is much better than any other fast food
Yes I also remember 2003.

They failed to adapt and losing in a competitive sector. Out with the old and in with the new. Basic economic principle in a capitalist system.
>you're embarrassing us, mutt

>There is a big generation of America’s from about the 80s to 2010 that grew up with second generation working mothers, which means they never learned to cook
I had to teach myself how to cook. So many boxed and basic dishes growing up from mom. Honestly it's my favorite skill; and it's something I can always strive to be better at. The only part about cooking I hate is doing the dishes.

Attached: Surströmmingstallrik.jpg (640x480, 66K)

This reads like a Trump tweet. Is that you, Donald?

It was shitty and overpriced.

If you want to run your company into the ground, hire a female CEO.

232/240 Characters. It could be him. Donald is watching this thread.

Attached: rthedonald.jpg (250x199, 9K)

That has been happening here for years, but we have had the deranged left in power with Labour and now we’re governed by neo liberals, can we blame Trump too?

people have money not to buy shit tier food made by shittier people ? onwe yppo eat dat les fuk it up why day closing store wait fuck off

Attached: 1561905671599.jpg (480x480, 34K)

Boston market did this in late 90s before. Rapid expansion supply chain can’t keep up and took shit leases just to get in areas without consideration.

What a meme

t. the president

>rising tide can't stop sinking boat
is not big surprise

How can you be this bad at retail management in this day and age?
McDonald’s has shown the way to use real estate for so long the example is in business text books.
Is it some quarterly earnings thing? Where the middle manager has more incentive to increase short term yield with more stores than actually doing his job?

Attached: CA472A04-C9B3-47EE-8683-6785F51B5373.jpg (720x960, 59K)

>boxed and basic dishes growing up from mom
My lazy ass boomer mom would regularly make microwaved frozen cod. I shit you not. I too love to cook user.

t. GenX

Don’t forget taking care of your family is oppression, yea! Feminism!
Learning to cook is patriarchy oppression of women.
Working some low tier joe for Goldberg is freedom

Mexicans don't eat Boston Market.

Ate there once bland af food and expensive for no reason shitty companies fall especially in this era

>There’s 400 million people in this country who fucking cares about 40 Boston markets
Its proof that the so called "service economy" is bullshit.

Don't blame Trump. Even in a healthy economy, poorly run businesses go kaputski.

Is this like Tim Hortons or something?

no one even knows a single boston market menu item

Boston market is shit.

niggers don't either. why would they when they can just lick ice cream in the store for sustenance?

I'm not going to join the chorus saying that Boston Market was bad, some of the entrees were actually quite good. Most of it was overpriced though. The only people I've ever seen in a Boston Market are old ladies that want roast beef dinners or whatever. And I haven't actually been inside a Boston Market in 10 years, which proves why they're having to close them down.

Look at this pic of this soiboi I found on GIS for Boston Market, eke

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Jason's deli > everything else

Some of their sides were decent. Haven't been in many years, but when I was poor I had it a few times.
>Peak soiboi

>obscure deli
>meme flag
oy vey how's the ham on rye, rabbi?

Ray Kroc was in it for the long run, which made him more receptive to the ideas of others (real estate thing was suggested by his accountant, plenty of well-known menu items came from franchisees, etc.) Compare this to other chains where you have clueless business school chucklefucks running the show entirely who are more focused on rapid growth and cutting costs. It's sort of ironic because McDonalds actually used to own Boston Market for awhile.
It's definitely one of the better ones out there.

>obscure deli
>meme flag
You're stupid

Attached: JD.jpg (1280x1606, 287K)

Jason’s is pretty fucking god-tier.
Which Wich is up there too.

It's good, fatso.

>>obscure deli
>268 locations in 29 states
Not really.

Also:
>Jason's Deli was founded in Beaumont, Texas on 30 November 1976 by Joe Tortorice Jr. and his partners Rusty Coco, Pete Verde and Pat Broussard. It was named for Tortorice's eldest son, Jay.
None of those names sounds echo-y.

>which wich
Good stuff!

>29 states
that's cute, it's almost a franchise.

Why is nobody laughing at this

>goalposts moving at an incredibly hihg speed