Why aren’t millennials buying McMansions and having kids?

Why aren’t millennials buying McMansions and having kids?

Attached: 618D51A4-DAEF-4451-AFF4-8162EA9E57A8.png (970x641, 312K)

Why do you make 3-4 variations of this fucking retarded thread every day?

Attached: duh.jpg (1280x853, 246K)

Entitlement

Haha op being called out for being gay shill

Not giving 60 years of my life to live in a wooden box

Where do people keep seeing these McMansions? Never seen one before in my life.

>dad leaves you his 6000sqft house
>it needs a new roof
>that’ll be $158,797 plus tip

t-thanks Dad

Go to Texas or California

because subconsciously they’re preparing for revolution.

Why buy some overpriced mcmansion when you can build something of almost the same size or less in land that you own instead?

Attached: Balalaika.png (210x240, 91K)

What exactly is wrong with McMansions? It's just a product of America's prosperity and wealth, that doesn't come instantly or all at once, but in strides.

It's like all of those TV families who suddenly get rich, but they keep the same plot of land and same house but the house is heavily upgraded. That's called capitalism.

The ugly lefty girl who made that blog probably loves modern art and thinks commieblocks are a better more environmentally friendly option.

Attached: griffinmcmansion.png (1125x627, 958K)

Don't worry, most incels here can never afford a McTrailer, let alone a McMansion.

These houses go to dudes who don't feel a raging need to post about "roasties" ten times per day because they're too busy working big boy jobs.

Attached: 1561940149493.gif (570x537, 48K)

I'm thinking about buying my grandparents' old house. It's not a McMansion but rather a swinging 60's style lounge.

Wage growth has not kept pace with housing price inflation.
It's too expensive to have kids when you're deficit spending on world travel because you "collect passport stamps"
Increased competition for entry level houses due to corporate cash buyers so they can produce rental income.
Housing price increases when coupled with high-property tax in high cost-of-living areas is simply too much to bear.

New neighborhood just got built near me. 300000 for a 3000 sq ft house. It is real

Mcmansions suck mate, housing associations are fucking predatory and not to mention they are made with shit materials and arr rook same.
Buy land and build your own place

Attached: another sucker born.png (543x673, 313K)

Why do I need a house that big?

>It's just a product of America's prosperity and wealth, that doesn't come instantly or all at once, but in strides.

you are wrong, mcmansions are an insult to construction, not only design - they are shorlasting, overpriced and toxic to people living there. lefty girl that made that blog is a lefty snob but even a blind chick gets a few grains. Mcmansions are a scam aimed at middle class.

Attached: FRAMING OSB WALLS.jpg (474x353, 46K)

Hey man, it helps if you want to have a home gym, gaming room, kids playroom, etc.

probably the property tax is higher than renting a decent size place

Come on over to the suburbs of Washington DC. They are packed with people who have more money than taste. Great Falls is almost entirely a town of mcmansions, each with a shitty family who thinks they've "made it"

I like that meme post moar

To prove to everyone you're special of course

Because we see through the bullshit

American houses fucking suck

I can believe it. It's just odd to me. I've never seen these tacky ass constructions and see new suburbs being built daily in my area.

To protect all the other shit you don't need from the rain

Yup, California is infested with this crap. I am 42 years old in California and want a modern designed home between $1-2 mil and they do not exist. Everything is gaudy mixtures of Spanish, Adobe and French colonial + art nouveau garbled mess designed to appeal to 60+ year old boomers like my parents.

Well we have that in my area too but they are actual houses and not these tacky things.

people around my city are paying cash for any home that's not in the ghetto
then there are investment firms or whatever the fuck they are buying up other property

When every other house in Croatia doesn't look like pic related then you can have an opinion.

Attached: Real-estate-Croatia-Unfinished_house,_for_sale6.jpg (780x520, 91K)

Nah nigga unless youre rich you don't need that trash, buying an apartment or renting one is a much better idea to raise children even, 2 rooms one with bunkers for 4-20 children, and a desk in your living room for study and education with them, mom.stays home and does all of that.

>Too busy wageslaving for rapidly devaluing dollars to see any problems in the world
Ftfy

What a dump hahaha. Peak sour grapes.

>buying or renting a fucking shoebox
>in nigger infested cities
no way fag I'll buy some land back home in the USA and build a beautiful house than can tank a cat 5

>Everything is gaudy mixtures of Spanish, Adobe and French colonial + art nouveau garbled mess designed to appeal to 60+ year old boomers like my parents.

do you still do full Abobe houses? those things are beautiful

>wah wah it doesnt have a shiny facade despite being bombproof and made out of indestructable RC from roof to basement

what are you...gay?

Attached: house adobe.jpg (1200x800, 172K)

Fuck I live in NOVA, I know exactly what you mean bro, they are so poorly designed and popping up everywhere. Developers buy land and old traditional houses, tear it all down and build these ugly pylon shits and sell to people with more money than brains.

>What a dump hahaha. Peak sour grapes.

what is actually wrong with that unfinished house?

Attached: house croatian shitshack dark terra.jpg (800x600, 89K)

That house isn't finished, and is practically indestructible. Unlike US houses that collapse if you breathe on them

>I know what I have

Exactly.
Pretty much all my friends are married, have kids, and owns a house.
Everyone here is full of self selection bias.
Most people here also have undeveloped social skills so it his hard for them to get ahead in life.
Or, they live in areas that have become overpopulated and choose to lie to themselves about the quality of life instead of moving elsewhere.
Move to one of the 10-20th largest metro areas in the U.S. and you fill find a much better lifestyle.
Renters are the biggest cucks of them all.

Your houses aren't even complete. People literally stop half way run out of money and say fuck it and leave it there for years unfinished. Driving outside any major Croatian city is no different than driving around Africa

And it will never be finished because Croatians are stupid and poor. The wrong country won.

Because they're too busy stupidly wasting their money buying virtual goods and donating to charities that fund wars in Africa and MTF tranny ops.

>Your houses aren't even complete. People literally stop half way run out of money and say fuck it and leave it there for years unfinished.

and? theyll finish it with a facade or they wont, only a gay would make such a sissy fuss about how smth looks compared to what it is as a structure and thermal protector (=a house)

Attached: house_croatian_shitshack4.jpg (960x720, 96K)

proper adobe is a really mediocre construction material
maybe this house is some meme adobe house

>German obsessed with making everything niggerproof
I wonder why youd need your houses to be immune to damage by nigs...

> beautiful
Looks like an african mudhouse to me

Boomers have no style.
If I was a boomer I would build a wizard tower and train a pet hawk or something to steal my neighbour's panties

Attached: file.png (718x467, 783K)

>proper adobe is a really mediocre construction material

its superb as an isolator and great in high temperature areas (used even in mild cold areas since its great for keeping hot temperature inside), inferior to stone house but still very good.

>Looks like an african mudhouse to me

that is what adobe is - mud, bricks are also mud.

mud >>> OSB

Attached: osb mcmansion tornado.jpg (980x552, 279K)

I am too poor for a wife.
Also I don't want one.

>only a gay would make such a sissy fuss about how smth looks compared to what it is as a structure and thermal protector (=a house)
This mindset is why your countries are depressing and dirty

>what is actually wrong with that unfinished house?
Aesthetics, which is the only thing that matters to americans because you got to look richer than you are. We tend to have the same problem here

>This mindset is why your countries are depressing and dirty

far from it, decorations are expensive, but are still only decorations, good car without electronic window openers is still a good car. If you can afford decorations go for it, but having them as a priority means that you dont know what is important.

Attached: facade plaster house.jpg (850x542, 79K)

>We tend to have the same problem here

true, ljudi i njihove fasade kretenske, si skuzio kako je ta meme nedovrsena fasada postala mima kod nas a majmuni plačaju 3000kn/mj za dvosobni raspadnuti stan u centru zga. koga briga za pedersku fasadadu, dovrsi je ako stignes svakako ali realno je totalno sporedna. baka kmico

wood is a great building material, better than steel even against certain yields. the problem with american homes is they cheap out on literally everything. our 2x4's are actually 1.5x3.5 now and they are held together by chinese zamak nails toenailed into place. the workers building the homes make a couple dollars above minimum wage and couldn't care less so they leave half shot nails sticking out everywhere. roofing shingles are half the thickness they used to be and you have to replace your roof every 3-5 years for a couple grand each time. no matter how much you pay your house is shit in america because contractors are universally greedy, lazy, and stupid. any burger who tells you our homes aren't african-tier trash is a retard, a jewish banker, or a good goy contractor.

Attached: jefferson_mcmansions.jpg (850x400, 68K)

>only a gay would make such a sissy fuss about how smth look

You must be 18 to post here.

>tfw parents passed down a brick house that I will pass down to my kids and they to theirs
If you don't have a brick house you're retarded it will stand longer than your bloodline

>our 2x4's are actually 1.5x3.5 now
american education

Attached: pepe-big-laugh.jpg (258x245, 12K)

could a brick house tank a hurricane?

What's the other option other than spending more money? Is affordable, quality housing no longer achievable in the US?

Because Boomers fucked the economy and culture you god damned boomer Faggot!

I thought there were rules about having the same post over and over again?
Where the hell is the money supposed to come from to buy Mcmansion and other crap?
Jobs pay shit. Insurance cost $500 a month. Credit score ruined by college. Never had a credit card, had a mortgage, never had a car payment and my credit score is fucked because of student loans.
Fuck you and your giant shitbox.

>Is affordable, quality housing no longer achievable in the US?
It's no longer available in the west

>If you don't have a brick house you're retarded it will stand longer than your bloodline

this + great protector from bullets in case of race war unlike OSBsearch for "housepill" thread on infinity to share your housepills

Attached: tornado worhiping cult.jpg (640x480, 284K)

The simple solution is to not live where hurricanes happen
Fuck the dirty south and tornado alley

This is my greatest fear, this is an establishment long con to shove us all into commie blocks.

Attached: blocs.jpg (1000x668, 382K)

pussy ass yankee, fuck off to jew york if you can't handle a little bit of rain and wind

It's already a reality here in Europe, but thankfully as an American I can come home and there will be plenty of land to buy at a good price and far far away from kike cities

Attached: 1513986033686.jpg (661x661, 43K)

Affordable housing is a meme or will be outside bumfuck towns with declining economic opportunities

Just build out of ICF you retards.
It already conforms to US building code.

Attached: icf_1.jpg (633x416, 111K)

Huh... OSB IS shit
But mud is probably a bitch to maintain if you are in an area that rains a lot
At least you are properly insulated, I guess...

>But mud is probably a bitch to maintain if you are in an area that rains a lot

roof overhang is your friend, adobe is just a great material and mixes with timber framing great

Attached: house half timber pier 15th century.jpg (800x1067, 200K)

ICF is cool but still kind of expensive but not bad at all for what you get. i had thought CMU would be cheaper so i went with that and it ended up costing more, the cost of rebar adds up like you wouldn't believe. if I were to build another home I would try making mud bricks and stucco the hell out of it just to see how it goes.

good luck running new wiring or plumbing and making it look decent. Not to mention no insulation. Thermal protection my ass.

Attached: brick does not insulate well.jpg (495x367, 32K)

Slipform is another option.

ICF is very well insulated

Attached: slipform house.jpg (2048x1536, 1.88M)

how else do you want to cheaply accommodate the growing migrant population. This is the future

Attached: blocks-of-flats-4.jpg (605x416, 62K)

oh...
I see it now
you've changed my mind on mud

>good luck running new wiring or plumbing and making it look decent

oh am I laffin + what is external facade with rock wool over brick

Attached: croatian shit shack red brick concrete build site electronics.jpg (474x266, 25K)

>our 2x4's are actually 1.5x3.5 now and they are held together by chinese zamak nails toenailed into place.
we deserve to burn for accepting this

Attached: 1493940891542.jpg (483x807, 64K)

Because we don't have two pennies to scrape together.

>you've changed my mind on mud

technically, the fill in on half-timber houses isnt adobe, but its still a mud mix, all natural flexible material no shitty plastic

>Because we don't have two pennies to scrape together.

what am I suposse to say then

Attached: half timber germany stone foundation terra tiles2.jpg (1537x1115, 434K)

A simple cost benefit analysis belies it being fruitful, worthwhile venture.

You want to know the worst part?
I'm planning on buying a few acres in a more rural area.
Been looking in the city and county ordinances for requirements and building standards in the area.
I can't build a house that is smaller than 2,000 Sq feet.
Why?
A 1500 Sq foot, single floor house with a basement is more than enough space for me. Idk why these fuckers deem it necessary that I have an extra 500 Sq feet that I don't want/need..

Because they're loser faggots with underwater gender reveal party coordination degrees.

>Potions
>Weapons
>Armor
>Inn

People usually do not own land.

>Why aren’t millennials buying McMansions and having kids?
Because boomers kneecapped them:
--buy tons of houses, but don't give their kids any good deals.
--Import millions to boost property prices.
--Destroy corporate culture of training/apprenticeships; instead hire already-trained...
--Later, hire the cheaper already "trained" H1Bs from India and China.
--"I'm spending my children's inheritance."

leave your state

Not an issue back home in America, if I had the money I could buy land that is half the entire pueblo I am in right now

Ok ff1 dipass

They build retarded walls like this in Canada too. Seems awfully materially wasteful.

"back home in America"

The fuck are you doing in Espanistan dude?

Because I have to get married next year first. Then, the following year, I will buy a McMansion in a white majority small town community and raise six white children.

I like Spain you faggot, I have two apartments and I'm on vacation and seeing family

>Thermal protection my ass
i'm originally from iowa where they have subzero winters and build houses with 60x30 foot living rooms that have 15-20 feet of north facing windows and then brag about how the windows are energy efficient. insulation is less important than sensibility, having more space or more windows than you need are the worst thing you can do for energy efficiency. the primary advantage of wood framed construction is low cost which allows you to build massive empty spaces with long window-covered walls and 20 foot ceilings. bad design can't be fixed with good materials and good design doesn't require top tier materials to function.

>They build retarded walls like this in Canada too.

what is retarded about that wall? It made out of adobe, cheap durable and comfy.

Any new suburb of a major metro area. Especially in the South and West
They are bigger than those people need or can even afford. A true sign of Numew Money. A reminder of the millions of people who lost their overpriced homes during the US housing crisis.

when my parents built their house years ago they went for Structurally Insulated Panels, premanufactured wood and foam panels that were predrilled for wiring and screwed directly to a traditional tongue and groove timber-frame skeleton. there are no studs in the exterior walls at all but the house is stirdy as fuck and the foam works better than any fiberglass insulation for temperature control.

Attached: 2d3adfa8352a656a606912bf6acf7119_XL.jpg (900x603, 410K)

Well my catholic serb friend for one it has the look of a muslim neighborhood in the balkans where every property is surrounded by 2 meters+ opaque obstructions.

its the economy, stupid!

General demoralization. Same reason most shills do anything when there isn't a major happinings. The thing that they have yet to figure out even after years of shilling is that it doesn't work here because without absolute censorship their propaganda doesn't work. They just can't accept the fact because kikes are like evil robots and they can't change their nature.

Attached: 1559732031936.png (850x901, 1.25M)