When exactly and why did D&D become so cucked? Why is it now SJWs with magic?

When exactly and why did D&D become so cucked? Why is it now SJWs with magic?
>youtube.com/watch?v=2PEt5RdNHNw

Attached: il_340x270.1900945425_3z30.jpg (340x270, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Racial_Holy_War
boardgamegeek.com/forums/region/1/boardgamegeek
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nerd culture is 20% SJW i'd say. So they pander to them.
If you got to /tg/ you'll find its a minority thats being a fucking tumor. Hell they added a fucking tranny to MTG i hear and no one likes it.

The left is institutional cancer. Any institution that is not explicitly right wing turns more left over time. The people running that shit are not immune. Hell hobbies were one of the first targets of sjws after education.

>playing physical games in the current year

Nerds are easily infiltrated by women or even by normie men who bring thier gf. The nerds are not choosing isolation it is imposed on them, the idea of choosing it is just cope on thier part. They do not have the strength to stand up to women or men for that matter or they would not be nerds in the first place.

carlos maza. I couldn't possibly cringe harder.

Attached: IMG_3813.jpg (542x660, 47K)

>Not playing games with your white brethren in person after a day at the gym
on no

We're no longer angsty 14 year olds in our parents' basements

Attached: versatile_roles.jpg (480x366, 97K)

Anyone down for writing a Jow Forums DnD book? If we fill it with nazis and racism I doubt the left would know where to begin subverting it.

4th edition was pretty fucking gay. It was practically a board game

Wizards of the Cucks.

The short of it is that Gary Gygax hired a guy name Brian (((Blume))) to help manage publication and distribution because he had no experience with business. Blume then sold out shares to another kike, who bought up a lot of IP and they ended up creating TSR. TSR got into financial trouble and sold out to WoTC, who got bought up by Hasbro.

So around the time it became a commodity.

This, AD&D or 3.5 or you're a fucking faggot
Are you refering to a new system or a pregen story. Neither will sell very well.

swords and sorcershit is automatically right wing

sorry sweaty, but table top rpgs are fun as hell

What a fantastic post

1d4chan.org/wiki/Racial_Holy_War
/tg/ doesn't like it because all the trannies there are shrill faggots

D&D is like 20% math rules and 80% all imagination. You can have a campaign with a diverse transtrenderqueer PoC of color dragonborn twosoul otherkin furry transblack elves fighting the evil cisgendered patriarchal white mage, and also have a white human supremacist party burning elven forests down. It all depends on the players.
Even if there's ever a rule that says, I don't know, "all characters must be PoC and oppressed you BIGGOT", you can just not use that rule.

Attached: state-enforced-homosexuality-27365795.png (500x536, 153K)

there are a ton of lefties, even if not SJW they still play dungeon and dragons and the like. I think it's because these games of pure fantasy attract leftists, while right wingers prefer the real world.

D&D is only as cucked as the DM running it
That's the beauty of tabletop RPGs

Shadowrun is far superior though

Attached: DbZ0DwsUQAAlAAl.jpg (799x1200, 92K)

>Even if there's ever a rule that says, I don't know, "all characters must be PoC and oppressed you BIGGOT", you can just not use that rule.
this

Don't give money to the fags. If you like tabletop play ad&d 2e. Best edition and only retards can't understand thac0

LMAOO CUZ EVERYONES SO NERDY!

thanks big bang theory. Thanks Bill nye. Thanks shithead millennial.

...but I like Pathfinder

furfag

Imagine not playing pathfinder

Its more than 20 percent but the normie sjw can only handle normie sjw in the playgroup.

No way could they deal with the real autism I deal with from REAL nerds . god bless those guys but fuck if i dont want to murder them sometimes.

any game where you can be a "god" (i.e. looking at things from a top down perspective) who controls other entities is SJW magnet

You are correct and my new bff

Because you get to prettend to be something you are not.
It’s like practice before they go under the knife and start doing it for “real”.

I see your point, a good DM will make a campaign based on removing the subversive (((elves))), but the books are aimed progressively at leftists, the public image is totally left wing and if you even mention D&D you are going to be thrown into that bag even if the friends you play with are based

Why does everyone at Vox have an exaggerated gay lisp?

These guys post on Twitter & YouTube but almost never play

my only defense for the SJW crown is Adam Koebel, designer of Dungeon World. He's such a good game master. Even though he looks like a real fruit booter

KNIFE-EARS BTFO

nerds have always been susceptible to easier pussy, even if it has a dick. go ahead and ask how many times a single hideous haghas ruined a wow guild or tabletop troupe.

>retard
>missed the point
Checks out. I've been DMing for longer than 99% of this board has been alive

Don't get it. Are furries taking over pathfinder or something?

Imagine having a ruleset that you cant modify or change for setting sake
Imagine playing 4th ed but eaiser
imagien having even less options thatnthe tumor that is 5th ed during character creation

Politics has invaded PnP gaming for awhile now, but it's always interesting how the leftist perspective can alter even the mechanics of the game. I've been playing DnD since 2nd edition, and the most noticeable thing about the most recent edition (5th) besides its obvious pandering to the multicultural crowd is how WEAK the magic system is now. The creators of 5th edition obviously were jumping at the bit to eviscerate arcane spellcasting potential, and I can't help but think that this is a method of instituting the commonly held leftist belief of "equality of outcome". No more quadratic wizards because everybody needs to be on approximately the same playing field for the entire campaign. The result of this is a general disinterest in spellcasting classes, which is a shame because spellcasters have the unique ability to influence the narrative of the game to an extent, involving them more in the story-making process than the other classes.

tl:dr: magic is weaker. This makes the game less fun for mages and more predictable for the DM. This is because leftists hate relieving control to their underlings.

Attached: jewgoblin.jpg (230x220, 11K)

Pandering

I doubt you ever even looked inside the 1st edition dungeons masters guide. Get out of my sight you FRAUD

I bought a few of the 5e books a few weeks ago. scary to think my money went to paying for this cringey ad.

Rember that a lot of the D&D community and board playes are omega/beta males, so they are spineless cucks or white knights thisty for female attention, even female (male) attention

Baldur's Gate 3 is going to bomb because of these retards.

Same, also going from 19 options as a level 1 fighter to 3 gave me a fucking tumor

geek chic shit started with big bang theory, then popularized by soifaggots on youtube. now dnd and mtg are infested with sjws and are setting thier sights on 40k. theyve already taken over board games. shadowrun is too spicy for them at least, and other table top strat games are too expensive and complex for them to understand

t. a fa/tg/uy

Attached: normiesreeee.jpg (2404x1260, 827K)

dude i was a kid, like 6th grade in the 90s, and someone invited me to play
even as a kid i was "wow this is faggy"
i take up my belongings and leave the party

5th edition is pretty good

play ad&d or 3.5 instead

my ranger's racial enemy is jews

Pathfinder's not bad
I haven't kept up on current editions, but most all books restrict races to certain alignments which is pretty redpilled
>Imagine having a ruleset that you cant modify or change for setting sake
you can modify or change the ruleset however you want, that's what's great about RPGs
it literally says in the beginning of the handbook to change it to fit your wants

you probably have sub 90 iq or no imagination

the head of the company creating Baldurs Gate 3 is the biggest roleplaying nerd.

>taking over
since inception

SJWs love dnd because they lack self awareness and love to play pretend as their ideal sjw characters.
DnD is fun to play ironically with friends, but anyone who plays it legit is cringe.

3.5 edition was the best, anything after is cancer.

For 40k, 3rd and 4th were the peak in my opinion. GW will be just as pozzed by the time we get to 10th, only ultramarine players will say otherwise.

Attached: גרמנית (2).png (600x450, 277K)

>Pathfinder's not bad
I really hate their artwork for goblins. im very petty when it comes to artwork

People play tabletop games of all kinds primarily because they're lacking in qualities that would gain them admission or recognition in "higher levels" of society, as a general rule. If a tabletop gamer was in better shape, more attractive, more driven, intelligent (nerds are not smarter than average, contrary to popular perception), or more affluent, they would do things like play sports, pick up chicks, go to higher class social gatherings, or work at a productive and skillful hobby like music or art.

Because they're so low quality on the average, this means they have effeminate beta men and shitty women (a single digit minority) who take advantage of the lower standards of tabletop gaming to get the male attention they wish. This means that liberal ideology has spread like wildfire because it benefits the whores and the beta males adhere to it in attempt to get more attention from the females.

t. tabletop hobbyist of 12 years.

Attached: that_30_year_old_mtg_boomer.png (720x687, 34K)

Pretty much why my group got into bolt action and warlord games
rick lets us play nazis with insulting us

There is one answer for 40k & it is 1st edition.

>Nerd culture is 20% SJW
It's almost entirely sjw

Not where im from

It did. As well as the entire cast of youtube "content creators" talking about the game who are really just payed for by WoTC so they need to thrown in the libshit perspective on everything and be totally PC all the time.
>Don't fall into stereotypes guise
>Not everyone with a Russian accent is evil guise
>Maybe a player was rape, don't make rape jokes
>There is only one race: the humanoid race

Gw killing fantasy was the point of no return.

>playing with card board vehicles.
Nah, only try hard hipsters think the game play of 1 is better then 3rd edition.

Attached: גרמנית.png (473x481, 375K)

who is making it? Heard Torment 2 sucked and the dragonspear exp sucked...

They didn't kill it, they just made it a 40k reskin; Arguably a worse fate then killing it would have been...

Larian. The guys that made Divinity.

its Larian Studios

because "nerds" are so desperate for an identity and sense of belonging they will inject any poison direct into their veins and evangelize any corporate rhetoric no matter how absurd or self-destructive

That's the picture with the answer. It became a post-ironic ironic pasttime for normies to label themselves as nerds to flirt. It just means they can practice their no-makeup make up and dress a bit slouchier than ususal.

Also Twitch. The number of Twitch streams of rpgs went off the scale as a sort of "I'm not like the other gamer nerds". Then paid content took over with a bunch of professional voice actors playing d'n'd modules by the numbers using a sort of pay-to-play online tracking system.

So, normies and money fucked it all into medicority. Same as usual.

Attached: 1537002070156.jpg (630x630, 35K)

Isn't WotC based out of Oregon or Washington? They're all lefties, man. They always were.

All this projection in one post, delightful.

Attached: yousorryfool.jpg (900x900, 482K)

that being said, Sony always wins baby
also hang all nincels and xbots

because harry potter, doctor who, and the big bang theory turned nerds from being bullied for liking computers more than football into something the people that bullied nerds could do for "quirky" cool.
>they added a fucking tranny to MTG i hear and no one likes it
that's nothing: Paranoia went from a game about everyone being the wacky guy of a DnD party to "if you disrespect someone's pronouns or get caught having straight sex instead of gay sex, the Computer will kill your for treason" and artwork where people in red jumpsuits were in white rooms without getting outright murdered by NPCs.

Yes, but WotC is overseeing everything and giving guidance.

>shadowrun is too spicy for them at least
Wait, how the fuck? Is it because "muh racism to orks/trolls/elves/dwarves"?
>and other table top strat games are too expensive and complex for them to understand
FeelsGURPSMan.jpg

Closer to 50-75% of nerds are, and "nerd culture" is closer to 99%
Nerds are consummate consumers, where they make what others create into a major part of their identity. It should go without saying that this makes them an easy entry point for social engineering.
It's bad enough that you can spot an SJW comic shop vs. a non-SJW one just by seeing what's on the shelf.

Based and THAC0pilled
THAC0 was a great way to keep the normalfags out, and they got rid of it, coincidentally with the edition that felt the need to refer to every player character as "she" in the Player's Handbook.

Sadly he's right, tabletop players fall into the same trap a lot of artists do where they end up on society's margins and are convinced that everyone on the margins is Just Like Them™ and they all need to unite in some form of coalition of the weirdos, where they get a preconceived notion of how society is (mostly through consuming media because they're bugmen, they're too deep in their own little consumerist world to actually observe how things are) and try to instinctively push back against it in every way possible.

t. disenchanted loser

they're not gonna let Sauron help make the rings

Attached: loki.jpg (1080x1080, 115K)

I don't even know what you mean by that. How the fuck would you even meet people like this irl? They live on the internet. Look at this shit:
>boardgamegeek.com/forums/region/1/boardgamegeek

>Shadowrun
yeah nah it's pozzed, too

You just play an older edition, buying used books (or just downloading the million pdfs out there), not giving a cent to the company
Eventually the company shifts its focus because pandering to the SJW crowd isn't necessarily profitable, or it withers and dies

Attached: 11e8zh.jpg (500x327, 19K)

its only as pozzed as the players make it

Nice, trailer looks cool. 5e rules? I hope not but probably

truth, thats why our group(known each other ~15yrs) wont let in anyone new. we all have good jobs and stable lives. a few years ago the dm wanted to try letting in some people for our shadowrun game. they left mid3rd session when we found a large hobo city in an abandoned archology and my face called in a corp sec team to round them up and sell them as food/slaves to an aztlan

BA is cool i like that the americans can rush tanks and the japs can charge. unfortuneatly theres no real group to play with here

critical roll is also to blame and anyone who watches it gets the rope

Attached: 1471629589847.gif (199x200, 1.55M)

Attached: WarhammerAdventures_feat.jpg (1200x675, 239K)

What, are you an overweight midwit blowing 4k a year on cardboard? Triggered? To be honest, I haven't played tabletop in a couple years at this point because I can't stand the slugs at the shops anymore. I own my house, have a wife and kids, and am in shape. That puts me above 95% of the slobs and slags who play these games. Are you legitimately going to assert that the player base of these hobbies aren't bottom-of-the-barrel trogs? Grow up.

Attached: 1563213055360-v.jpg (960x969, 83K)

>You just play an older edition
ive asked this question many times. The answer I usually get is like
>well when I go to the local game store or wherever, that's the only version they play

most people now a days are conditioned to be like "IF I DONT HAVE 400 ABILITIES FOR MY LEVEL 1 FIGHTER THEN THE GAME SUCKS"

all geek communities have become like this. look at gaming, full of absolute tranny freaks and SJW schizos. they think theyll look like cute anime girls if they become trannies but they really just look like abominable orcs

Be the change. DM the system/version of YOUR choice.

>viva la raza Atzlan
they had a furry sourcebook in 4e, too

Wrong pic

Attached: a68xK4i_d.jpg (640x427, 30K)

>critical roll
That's the one! A fake amateur Twitch channel made by professionals that amounts to an extended advert for an online character sheet app.

Attached: 1548176544228.jpg (369x277, 25K)

It's time to accept that 40k is lost, your hobbies and everything you love will become subverted and twisted in to what you hate the most. The reach of g*ds chosen is limitless, just given and accept you will never enjoy any hobby ever again.

Attached: 60074636_142489633569828_5499629961899316158_n.jpg (480x480, 34K)

No. It's only a problem if you let it be.

>>well when I go to the local game store or wherever, that's the only version they play
The kind of people that game at the store are the kind of people that can't make any friends to game with

>IF I DONT HAVE 400 ABILITIES FOR MY LEVEL 1 FIGHTER THEN THE GAME SUCKS
Absolutely disgusting

normies are to blame for literally everything
sorta, is mostly because in shadowrun you are the bad guys and sjws/normies cant handle that. they need to be the saviors. thats why they like dnd

see

The game is still what it always has been... it's just that like any hobby once it becomes more mainstream and people start streaming themselves playing it, it attracts the worst elements of the attention-seeking social justice crowd. It doesn't mean the hobby becomes unsalvageable, it just means you have to put up with more assholes, be more selective about who you play with, or put up with some cringey shit from time to time if it means finding a group to hang with.

Out of curiosity, what kind of players does/has Jow Forums played?